Options

9/24 15.5 Sniper Global

1235Next

Comments

• Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Good grief, so I guess it cost you 100 GOLD ... not looking forward to that.

Yes, it cost me the 100 gold since that is basically the only reason that I do the League play. The gold and the diamonds.

Also, according to the IOS store, GLU is call this update 3.1.1.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Duerad wrote: »
    But back on subject I take it there's a rotation in PvP as far as parts go ?

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by rotation of parts in PvP?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Jet LeeJet Lee Registered Users 33 Posts
    Well we on Android haven't received a thing ... as usual.

How many hours was the server down?

about 9 hours!
  • Options
    But back on subject I take it there's a rotation in PvP as far as parts go ?

Yes there is a rotation on the weapon parts. It is a 4 week cycle. Amsoft is up on the cycle more than I am. Each week they offer a different weapon. Right now we can win parts for a sniper weapon. Last week, it was a TESLA, however, if memory serves me, it was supposed to be a HEAVY. More than likely, this weeks global will be for an ASSUALT weapon and then there should be a HEAVY offered. But who knows.

Also, if you are missing weapon parts after the current league ends, then there is an ELITE Mystery box available in the store where you can "spin" for the missing parts. So far they have not recycled any of the past weapon parts events.
  • Options
    DueradDuerad Registered Users 20 Posts
    Thanks Concerned last league event I was offered no parts just drone modules and I'm sick of buying assault rifles that last only 20 levels guess i'll wait till the hoplite comes back around
  • Options
    Thanks Concerned last league event I was offered no parts just drone modules and I'm sick of buying assault rifles that last only 20 levels guess i'll wait till the hoplite comes back around

It's relatively hard to win weapons in BRONZE LEAGUE, you may want to check out the SILVER LEAGUE; it's no paradise but at least you'll have a realistic chance.
  • Options
    So I'll ask a dumb question ... is there anybody actively playing the game on IOS right now?
  • Options
    DueradDuerad Registered Users 20 Posts
    I'm stuck the only thing I can play is my revenge list and mini missions the helopolis really screwed me up but since the site crashes every 5 min I'm not missing much
  • Options
    I saw the Facebook Friends pop up but nothing has changed from what I can tell.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Here is the story on the IOS upgrade. It is a major update denominated as 3.1.1 (the last update was 3.0.1), requiring an update from the App store. It features facebook as you know, but it also allows PVP challenges and you can now be attacked while on line. Every Bot opponent now has a drone that mirrors yours. I was playing with a Level 148 Drone and every opponent had a 2.36 Drone. I upgraded to Level 149 and magically, every opponent has a 2.64M Drone. The video deteriorates as soon as the Drone and breaks up very badly. This is back to the bad old days of horrible frame rates. Vaults are big 75-110 K. It does not appear to solve any of the long term complaints that players have voiced.
  • Options
    So I'll ask a dumb question ... is there anybody actively playing the game on IOS right now?

Yes I am finally able to play the game on the IOS platform. I finally had to back the game up using iTunes and then I deleted the app from the iPad. I then reinstalled the app on to the iPad, which installed a brand, spanking new game that started completely over. Then I was able to restore my iPad using iTunes backup. Now my game will load.

So far after only 3 missions, it appears that everything is operating much, much quicker and the screen lag that the player's drone was causing is almost gone.

However, every match that was presented to me was a RL player. I would take that to mean that most of the IOS players have not logged in yet. If the lag comes back as players log into the game then I would surmise that the GLU servers are part of the problem. If the lag does not reappear, then maybe, just maybe they have indeed optimized the game. More to follow.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Here is the story on the IOS upgrade. It is a major update denominated as 3.1.1 (the last update was 3.0.1), requiring an update from the App store. It features facebook as you know, but it also allows PVP challenges and you can now be attacked while on line. Every Bot opponent now has a drone that mirrors yours. I was playing with a Level 148 Drone and every opponent had a 2.36 Drone. I upgraded to Level 149 and magically, every opponent has a 2.64M Drone. The video deteriorates as soon as the Drone and breaks up very badly. This is back to the bad old days of horrible frame rates. Vaults are big 75-110 K. It does not appear to solve any of the long term complaints that players have voiced.

I was afraid that this might happen, BOT having Drones. So far, my sampling is very small, only 4 matches. Right now I have been matched against either fully upgrade or max level Tier 14 bases. Since their drones have been less than my level 80 Drone, I am assuming that they are RL players. Right now there is now way to check, because when I click on them in my battle log, nothing comes up.

I, too, have noticed that the vault sizes seem to be larger.

As far as, video lag, it appears to be less. I will have a better idea on the next battle if it is a short range battle. I would always skip short range battles, because they would take me the entire 5 minutes to complete, as well as having to use 3-4 grenades and 1-2 med kits. Like I said, my battle size sampling is way to small to form any conclusions.
  • Options
    For at least two members of my clan, the game is now unplayable. These are experienced players with recent generation iPads. At least two players are locked out, unable to get the program to load.

Ironically, the PVP contests have gotten easier. I just wait for the video to stabilize and then shoot the bad guy. I don't even bother to take out the Juggernauts.
  • Options
    For at least two members of my clan, the game is now unplayable. These are experienced players with recent generation iPads. At least two players are locked out, unable to get the program to load.

Ironically, the PVP contests have gotten easier. I just wait for the video to stabilize and then shoot the bad guy. I don't even bother to take out the Juggernauts.

Right now I have the same feeling that the PVP battles are easier. Tell your clan members to back their iPads up to iTunes delete the app, and then reinstall the app. The reinstall will probably be a brand new game. Once the game starts, then all they will have to do is restore the back up from iTunes and they have their original game back.

It was the only thing that worked for me. I spent 3 hours trying everything else and the game just continued to freeze during the loading.
  • Options

I knew the game was in a "transition" phase but this was a twist I didn't expect. So ... is you're caught up on your base tier and once you have fully upgraded you TIER 15 BASE to 2.95M (which will be very soon) you're going to be facing GLU generated opponents (bots) with max'd out defenses, as usual.

Throw in a "mirror image" of your drone as an enemy drone and what do you have?

Welcome to the Twilight Zone for you are now fighting yourself ... ROTF-LMFAO... so the REAL question is will you enjoy killing yourself as much as killing the spook?

MuaHaHaHaHA

Why do I get the feeling that the developers are in a pub right now laughing their asses off?
  • Options
    I knew the game was in a "transition" phase but this was a twist I didn't expect. So ... is you're caught up on your base tier and once you have fully upgraded you TIER 15 BASE to 2.95M (which will be very soon) you're going to be facing GLU generated opponents (bots) with max'd out defenses, as usual.

Throw in a "mirror image" of your drone as an enemy drone and what do you have?

Welcome to the Twilight Zone for you are now fighting yourself ... ROTF-LMFAO... so the REAL question is will you enjoy killing yourself as much as killing the spook?

MuaHaHaHaHA

Why do I get the feeling that the developers are in a pub right now laughing their asses off?

If one were of a philosophical frame of mind, one might well ask oneself the question: If Glu's computer will match your Drone with an opponent with a Drone of equal strength, why would one go to the months of work and substantial expense of upgrading his Drone?
  • Options
    Just fought a short range battle with a maxed out BOT (I assume it had a level 80 Drone same as me). The vault was 98.58K, the largest I have ever seen during my battles.

I was able to complete the battle in just under 2 minutes. Except when the sentry or the juggernaut was firing, the screen lag was almost completely gone. I was able to move weapon sight around with almost no problem and my HEAVY weapon acted like an automatic weapon, instead of a single shot weapon. it is some much easier to fight a short range battle when you can actually target what you want

Before the update, this battle would have taken me the entire 5 minutes to complete, and I would have had to use 3 grenades.

So, so far so good.
  • Options
    If one were of a philosophical frame of mind, one might well ask oneself the question: If Glu's computer will match your Drone with an opponent with a Drone of equal strength, why would one go to the months of work and substantial expense of upgrading your Drone?

Excellent question, but think of it this way, the BOT is not smart enough (yet, I hope and it never will be) to take out your drone. That part of our battle strategy has not changed. We always target and destroy the drone as soon as it appears, the computer doesn't.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    Just fought a short range battle with a maxed out BOT (I assume it had a level 80 Drone same as me). The vault was 98.58K, the largest I have ever seen during my battles.

I was able to complete the battle in just under 2 minutes. Except when the sentry or the juggernaut was firing, the screen lag was almost completely gone. I was able to move weapon sight around with almost no problem and my HEAVY weapon acted like an automatic weapon, instead of a single shot weapon. it is some much easier to fight a short range battle when you can actually target what you want

Before the update, this battle would have taken me the entire 5 minutes to complete, and I would have had to use 3 grenades.

So, so far so good.

Same here! IOS 8.4.1
  • Options
    If one were of a philosophical frame of mind, one might well ask oneself the question: If Glu's computer will match your Drone with an opponent with a Drone of equal strength, why would one go to the months of work and substantial expense of upgrading his Drone?

and ... One might also answer the question "What does my DEFENSE look like to an opponent?" ... now we can see our defense in action (up close and personal) as it defends our precious diamonds from a raid from ourselves.

You never really thought the drone would give you some kind of advantage anyways. We rarely loose as it is, drone or no drone, but it was fun to watch LITTLE ME in action.
  • Options
    Jet Lee wrote: »
    Same here! IOS 8.4.1

iPad 4 with IOS 9.0.1.

If this continues, then I will be able to stop beating myself up for upgrade the IOS. On my iPad4, CKS was starting to drag during long range battles and short range battles were almost impossible.

Right now for MIRN, I am using an iPad2 with IOS 9.0.1. The game is almost unplayable now. I am experiencing crashes about 30% of the time trying to load a battle. The game even crashes when it is just sitting at the safehouse screen.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    iPad 4 with IOS 9.0.1.

If this continues, then I will be able to stop beating myself up for upgrade the IOS. On my iPad4, CKS was starting to drag during long range battles and short range battles were almost impossible.

Right now for MIRN, I am using an iPad2 with IOS 9.0.1. The game is almost unplayable now. I am experiencing crashes about 30% of the time trying to load a battle. The game even crashes when it is just sitting at the safehouse screen.

I'm using iPad 2 playing CKS and MIRN, CKS is back to normal no game lag. Never had a problem with MIRN even before the update.
  • Options
    Nothing unusual in the file system that I can tell but I haven't noticed any content updates for days now that I think about it. I guess we'll all know in 7 hours or so.

Maybe they finally got around to giving us that tier / region upgrade moratorium we asked for in June.

Toobad was force to fire up the Kindle. Nothing there either.
  • Options
    Toobad was force to fire up the Kindle. Nothing there either.

Google Android still has NOT received the latest update and I hope we never do; although it's inevitable.

This latest twist to the game presents us with enemy drones that are essentially clones of our own drone, or so I've been told. On the surface this might appear to be another attempt at creating parity on the battle field but anyone who has been fighting PvP long enough realizes that enemy drones are easy to kill and avoid if you keep your wits about you. The missile lock alarm warns us of an incoming threat and all we need do is step to the left or right; easy enough right?

Here's the rub ... every time we update or upgrade our drone, the opponent gets stronger but that's stating the obvious and is NOT the concern here. There is a tipping point in drone development where drone attack strength exceeds player health.

This threshold lies somewhere between 1.25M and 1.5M drone weapons' strength with particular attention paid to the rocket launcher part due to it's nature. This threshold makes the drone exceedingly problematic in battle and often requires medkits and grenades ... that all to familiar scenario that has dogged us from the early days. This also has the added benefit of rendering ALL drone hacks not only useless but suicidal.

GLU has created an environment where drone development has become a necessity, if for no other reason than a place to deposit the diamonds we win via PvP battles; by extension GLU has also created a mechanism by which the enemy opponents are increasingly forged by our own doing or selection and only a fool would select OR create an opponent they could not defeat.

Those massive 17.5 weapons we recently acquired? Although a luxury presently, they will become an absolute necessity in the near future. GLU does not present "gifts"; well maybe the SIEGE TOWER. LOL

Only time will tell if this is a "good thing" for the players, but one thing is certain ... it's a good thing for GLU.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I agree fully about the hopes for the Android update! Hearing Bradr's warning of playability being "unusable" for some of his clan has me distressed, with my having no possibility of wiping the game and recovering for a non-existant Amazon "Cloud". I will be doing a full backup of my device onto the PC tonight, if it's not too late.

For once, I am gratefull that I have not updated my drone beyond even the 51k level! Drone performance has degraded playability, and for me only given headaches with frame freezing and lockups. Watching my heavy suddenly turn into a one shot manual rifle during play is a rude awakening during generally fast matches. My key has been to duck for the return of game tempo, and take out the defensive drone immediately.

The optimization/performance improvement for this update will be questionable on Android, too - maybe more so. And the added module for Facebook advertisement by Glu an unesscesary additional resoruce.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    I agree fully about the hopes for the Android update! Hearing Bradr's warning of playability being "unusable" for some of his clan has me distressed, with my having no possibility of wiping the game and recovering for a non-existant Amazon "Cloud". I will be doing a full backup of my device onto the PC tonight, if it's not too late.

For once, I am gratefull that I have not updated my drone beyond even the 51k level! Drone performance has degraded playability, and for me only given headaches with frame freezing and lockups. Watching my heavy suddenly turn into a one shot manual rifle during play is a rude awakening during generally fast matches. My key has been to duck for the return of game tempo, and take out the defensive drone immediately.

The optimization/performance improvement for this update will be questionable on Android, too - maybe more so. And the added module for Facebook advertisement by Glu an unesscesary additional resoruce.

Yes a backup is prudent; as far as drone development you will need to proceed (where are you going to stash those diamonds) but there is definitely no rush here, not anymore, if ever. Select a slow and deliberate pace that is comfortable and affordable.

It's only been a handful of hours, so it's too early to pass final judgment, especially since I haven't seen the update personally. I also think the video frame rate issue is an aberration and will start to clear up on it's own.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »

Having a current backup is absolutely important and is the #1 rule in the IT world. With a current backup, you should have no problem if the game hangs. I was having the same problem that BRAD was reporting. I then backed up the app (that would not load to iTunes), deleted it from my iPad, reinstalled a fresh copy of the app on the iPad and then restored the backup. The app loaded with out any problems and my current progress was all there.

As far as the BOT Drone, I think that you will find that it is a non-issue.