Options

GLOBAL 07/16/2015 and LEAGUE PVP

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
GLOBAL 07/16/2015 and LEAGUE PVP

The only advice I can offer is this ... if your AP total is approaching 6,000, have reached RANK #250 and there is still 12 hours or more remaining, then this would suggest that the 20 PART prize has finally followed the path of the 35 PART prize.

To continue to throw AP at it this early will result in reaching the 8,500 AP barrier and you still won't get 20 PARTS; best to retire early and hope you can scratch up 10 PARTS.

Maybe We Can Get One More Good Event before the inevitable arrives (guarded optimism).

As Always ...

Good Hunting and Good Luck !!!
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
Prev13456

Comments

• Options
    Browsing The Store and noticed a few interesting items:

11.5 LANDSLIDE (314.88K) is on sale 702 GOLD ... Essentially the MUDFLOW in sheep's clothing.
    11.5 OBOE (253.52K) is on sale 240 GOLD ... great deal if you need to grab a sniper for some reason.

I actually own an 11.5 ROCKFALL (353.28K) ... don't remember winning it at all; now that's pretty bad.

Apparently there will be no Global Event since it's 12 minutes overdue. Could be a misguided attempt to delay the inevitable; an acknowledgement of the issue would have been nice ... a thank you would have been nicer **SMILES**
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    3:10 am and still no gloval event. At least no on my game iOS 8.4, I stay awake to make sure I get my parts. Usually starts right afte, wird.
  • Options
    You and I have been around awhile. For me it's shameful that I can actually say I'm pretty much getting used to this lack of communication from GLU. Later this AM they'll state we're sorry about the glitch causing the Global to not start as scheduled.

SMH
  • Options
    Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    They are busy with MI:rogue nation.
  • Options
    3:35am and nothing this baby is going to try to sleep. I hope to see the gloval event when I wake up. Good night mr scorpion.
  • Options
    ionut83ionut83 Registered Users 2 Posts
    numai incepe eventul astazi?
  • Options
    ionut83ionut83 Registered Users 2 Posts
    where is the event?
  • Options
    SCOG1967SCOG1967 Registered Users 1 Posts
    ionut83 wrote: »
    where is the event?

So, almost one hour past the time when the event typically starts. Would it kill GLU to post news about the delay?
  • Options
    SCOG1967 wrote: »
    So, almost one hour past the time when the event typically starts. Would it kill GLU to post news about the delay?

Sad thing is they most likely are not aware that anything is wrong and probably will not know for at least another 3.5 hours. Now that's how you run a 24/7 IT operation. Of course this assumes that the failure of the Global to start was not deliberate; at this point nothing at all would surprise me.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    NK14 called this one. He pointed out yesterday that there was no countdown clock to the next Clan event. He, rightly, saw this as evidence that there would be no Global. Good call, Nick!

That might mean that something more than just another Glu screwup (Gluspeak "Server error") is involved.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    NK14 called this one. He pointed out yesterday that there was no countdown clock to the next Clan event. He, rightly, saw this as evidence that there would be no Global. Good call, Nick!

That might mean that something more than just another Glu screwup (Gluspeak "Server error") is involved.

Yes I noticed that as well. NK14's attention to details such as that is why I feel confident that he can carry on our work; I'm simply getting tired of running the gauntlet my dear friend.
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Yes I noticed that as well. NK14's attention to details such as that is why I feel confident that he can carry on our work; I'm simply getting tired of running the gauntlet my dear friend.

Your contributions to this Forum have been the best part of my day and many times the only reason that I continued to check in here every day. NK14 is doing great work here, but I am hoping that somehow, Glu fixes the Global problem so that you can continue your contributions as a great player and a serious student of this game.
  • Options
    bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts

I feel exactly the same way!

I, like many here, have not and will not spend real cash on a game (especially this game). For quite a while, I thought that the game was stacked against me because I didn't spend real money.

BUT, I then realized that GLU makes money off of my participation. They get paid for every video I watch. They use player stats (# of downloads, # of players, total amount of online time etc) in order to get more advertisers which translates into more money for them.

SO, NOBODY should feel guilty about not spending any cash and we all deserve to receive a quality product.

IMO, they'll notice if the online player volume drops. But, if it drops, they could just as easily decide to kill the game rather than fix it.

Ultimately, I was enjoying the challenges, setting goals and having something to work for. BUT, it doesn't seem worth the effort any longer.
  • Options
    Your contributions to this Forum have been the best part of my day and many times the only reason that I continued to check in here every day. NK14 is doing great work here, but I am hoping that somehow, Glu fixes the Global problem so that you can continue your contributions as a great player and a serious student of this game.

I can promise you that I will be around, right up to the moment they pull the plug on CKS. My serious weekly competitive efforts will be a thing of the past, but I will still be there making my contributions to the forum whenever / wherever they are appropriate.

BTW I caught DAVID T lurking around the perimeter early this morning. Halt who goes there FRIEND or FOE? He said SCORPION put down the dam weapon, it's me you fool ... *** SMILES ***

Good thing I recognized him, because my ASSAULT RIFLE had a nice red dot painted on his forehead LOL
  • Options
    The buzz on my Clan chat is all about the new Glu game Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. It is a CKS clone, complete with Clans, missions, PVP and guns.
    The fear is that the lack of a Global is related to support of the new game. I have promised myself never to allow another Glu game on my iPad, so I haven't checked it out, but it can only be bad news for CKS.
  • Options
    The buzz on my Clan chat is all about the new Glu game Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. It is a CKS clone, complete with Clans, missions, PVP and guns.
    The fear is that the lack of a Global is related to support of the new game. I have promised myself never to allow another Glu game on my iPad, so I haven't checked it out, but it can only be bad news for CKS.

Well if it's a clone in the traditional sense, why would anyone knowing what we know, transition over? Same bugs ... same headaches ... what's the point? IF it were true that many problems with CKS were corrected in MI:RN, then I could see giving it a shot. But starting over so I can experience every bug and glitch from the very beginning? No thank you !!!

Out of cat killing curiosity, I'll probably install it just to see how much of a clone it really is.
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    Out of cat killing curiosity, I'll probably install it just to see how much of a clone it really is.

That's how dealers get you hooked.
  • Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    I've insalled it, and seeing as its only just come out everyone is roughly within catching up distance.

Its nice to have a different base to attack, and now i know everything i do about CKS, i should do well on this..
  • Options
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    That's how dealers get you hooked.

If GLU is the dealer and we are the JUNKIES then they will definitely need more than a CKS remake to keep us hooked. The same time bomb is there waiting for the most inopportune moment to go off.
  • Options
    Well if it's a clone in the traditional sense, why would anyone knowing what we know, transition over? Same bugs ... same headaches ... what's the point? IF it were true that many problems with CKS were corrected in MI:RN, then I could see giving it a shot. But starting over so I can experience every bug and glitch from the very beginning? No thank you !!!

I posted a 'review' on a different thread, but I was hopeful that issues were fixed in a new code stream, but having played MIRN on my iPad (Beta program since full release won't happen until the movie is launched), I can definitively confirm that the same CKS bugs exist here. Namely:
    - evidence of the screen lag (doesn't impact as much at the very low levels)
    - Network/unknown errors causing game restarts
    - Open Contract icons mysteriously disappearing after completing one
    - No ability to return to the game after watching a video for rewards. The game hangs, you get kicked out, need to restart... no rewards.
    - PVP power mis-match algorithm is alive and strong making it extremely difficult to advance and win PvP battles

Heck, they even had characters without heads/body parts... I know it's Beta, but seriously? is there any peer review or unit testing before code gets submitted to the production stream????

In short, if you are experiencing any frustration with CKS, you'll be well conditioned for the same issues in MIRN...
  • Options
    I would change ONLY the last statement ... "if you are experiencing any frustration with CKS, you'll be well informed to stay away from MIRN ... ".
  • Options
    I would change ONLY the last statement ... "if you are experiencing any frustration with CKS, you'll be well informed to stay away from MIRN ... ".

well said!
  • Options
    Assuming that the Global will start 1 day late in just under 5 hours (there is no confirmation of this forthcoming from GLU at this late hour) I only want to state that on the surface a shorter Global may have a net effect of lower AP scores in general. In reality however, shortened Global Events often have the opposite effect causing scores to increase.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    Assuming that the Global will start 1 day late in just under 5 hours (there is no confirmation of this forthcoming from GLU at this late hour) I only want to state that on the surface a shorter Global may have a net effect of lower AP scores in general. In reality however, shortened Global Events often have the opposite effect causing scores to increase.

The last 2 1/2 day Global on IOS for the Heavy had almost the same final scores as a normal 4 day event.
  • Options
    The last 2 1/2 day Global on IOS for the Heavy had almost the same final scores as a normal 4 day event.

Yep !!! As I started going through the numbers for these shortened events, it was clear that the scoring did not suffer at all and in a few cases it had actually exceeded the typical scoring totals. I think a shortened event breathes life into an otherwise marathon type affair. I never did really care to much for the 4 day format, but it did give you plenty of time to relax and adjust your schedule as needed. To be honest I didn't really start playing hard and start accumulating AP until DAY #3.

We shall see ... first we must get this thing started **SMILES**
  • Options
    Second day and no gloval event yet? I was hoping to get up and see that the event was started... Any ideas what time is starting today?
    Any words from mr Handles?
  • Options
    streetboy124streetboy124 Registered Users 69 Posts
    Please I begging GLU fix the lagging of the frame rates when playing the game..currently the game is non playable the lagging is effecting the game..I can not move normally when playing PVP or campaign..please I begging fix this problem..currently my base level is 11 (163K),long range sniper 11.5,tesla 11.5, short range rifle 12.5 and heavy 12.5 my level is 110

Streetboy124
    iTunes
    Ipad2
    iOS 8.4
  • Options
    Please I begging GLU fix the lagging of the frame rates when playing the game..currently the game is non playable the lagging is effecting the game..I can not move normally when playing PVP or campaign..please I begging fix this problem..currently my base level is 11 (163K),long range sniper 11.5,tesla 11.5, short range rifle 12.5 and heavy 12.5 my level is 110

Streetboy124
    iTunes
    Ipad2
    iOS 8.4

Begging is so undignified *** SMILES ***
  • Options
    IOS GLOBAL has been up and running for some time. Android should be under way in a couple of hours; by Global standards this will be a SPRINT with a game clock of only 2 DAYS 8 HOURS+-

• Options
    The lack of scoring stats or any other chatter could mean one of two things (1) nobody gives a hell, consequently nobody is playing (2) everyone is embroiled in a battle royale and simply too busy to pull away just yet.

*** SMILES ***