~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• TheBolaTheBola Registered Users, Member 194 Posts
    @AVINXX oh wow, it will be an experience once you see it!🤗 Where I live we get up to 1 meter of snow in the winter and during the summer the temperature goes up to 40°C. I would gladly trade with you tho because I strongly dislike snow. (I'm typing this while being a blanket covered burrito) 😂
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    It just dawned on me that not everyone shares my enthusiasm for Christmas and the Holidays.  It was very hard for me after losing my mom in early December a number of years ago, but having a new baby just turned 2 made me have to put on a smile for him.  If anyone is experiencing sad times this year, here are some hints to keep away the bouts of unjustified angst,  from https://www.healthline.com/health/depression/holiday-blues#management

Here are nine ways to deal with the holiday blues:

1. Limit alcohol – Limit your alcohol intake, and try not to keep it readily available around your house. If you’re attending a party and you know alcohol will be accessible, limit yourself to one or two drinks. Drinking to excess can affect your mood and amplify any negative feelings that you may have.
    2. Get plenty of sleep – Try to go to bed at a specific time each night. Being well-rested can improve your mood and help you feel ready to take on the day.
    3. Learn to say “no” – Overscheduling and not making time for yourself can lead to emotional breakdowns. Learn how to say “no,” and stay firm on your decision. 
    4. Be open to new traditions – You may have an image of what you think the holiday should consist of, and this may not be what’s actually happening. Instead of holding on to what the holiday should have been, allow new traditions to unfold. 
    5. Get support when mourning a loved one – If you’ve experienced the loss of a loved one, the holidays can be especially tough. Although it can be tempting to isolate yourself and grieve, it can be beneficial to spend time with your friends and family. They can support you through this difficult time.
    6. Spend time with your loved ones – Instead of spending the holidays alone at home, get your friends or family together for a dinner party at your place. The more the merrier! You can spruce things up with lively decorations and add welcoming floral arrangements to your living spaces.
    7. Exercise regularly – Plug in your headphones and pop out for a walk around the block a couple of times a day. A quick 10-minute walk will get your heart rate up and release mood-boosting endorphins. 
    8. Do something fun to get over a recent breakup – It can be difficult to be alone when you’re nursing an aching heart. Instead of sitting at home, fill up your calendar with activities. Websites such as meetup.com offer group outings, such as dinners and dancing, almost every night of the week. 
    9. Avoid overeating – Before heading out to social events, fill up on veggies. You can even fill up a small sandwich bag and snack in the car. Holiday outings can often lead to overeating, which can affect your mood and overall well-being. 
    And from me, just know I hope  each one of you have a wonderful new year. 
     <3 

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Merry Christmas to my Glu forum family 🙂 My favorite part of this season is giving gifts (ok, and Glühwein 😂) I’m on a major budget this year, but I managed to put together some budget presents for my loved ones, and thankfully they loved them! The wrapping process is also one of my favorite things ever; this year I learned to make my own bows with ribbon to give them some extra panache.

I missed my papa a lot this year, and my grandmother, and all the people we’ve lost along the way. They’re not around, but I still feel them with me during this emotionally-vulnerable season 😊 I’m wishing you guys good food, smiles, and random acts of kindness this holiday season! Sending lots of love your way ❤️
    I’m sorry for your losses @Rikk . I believe you are right about our loved ones being around us.  Your bows and wrapping sound s like it was done with love and care.  I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season, and a great year ahead.  <3
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thank you @kokokokonut I hope you had fun with the family 😊
    Do you guys have my New Year’s resolutions? I want to try to keep in touch with people more regularly this year...I’m so bad at it 😂 My inbox gives me anxiety sometimes 
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    Rikk said:
    Do you guys have my New Year’s resolutions? I want to try to keep in touch with people more regularly this year...I’m so bad at it 😂 My inbox gives me anxiety sometimes 
    Acually i do!
    Go out more and try to make friends AND to loose weight!
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • nubcakenubcake Registered Users 191 Posts
    Y'all... I just noticed the disagree button is gone. When did this happen?? 
    Hi I'm Ellie! ଘ(੭ ˘ ᵕ˘)━☆゚.*・。゚ iOS doll: bish im fabuwulous 
    Play with me! Fb name: Ellie Chuchu
    I post stuff on Instagram: Ellie Nubcake 
  • kkh_claricekkh_clarice Registered Users, Member 1,201 Posts
    So I'm watching You (netflix) s02ep03 and I hated it???? Omg I loved the first season but now looks like a whole different thing and the only good thing its Love. Thats it, I just needed to say that somewhere else my twitter cause my friends must be tired of me complaining about it. 

she/her | android player 🌼 english isn't my first language 

• SweetstephySweetstephy Registered Users, Member 415 Posts
    So I'm watching You (netflix) s02ep03 and I hated it???? Omg I loved the first season but now looks like a whole different thing and the only good thing its Love. Thats it, I just needed to say that somewhere else my twitter cause my friends must be tired of me complaining about it. 
    Lmao 🙈I actually loved that show, I finished it and it has some really good plot twists imo. I’m already excited for season 3 😫. I think it gets better towards the last episodes tho, that’s when I was like wdf 😮 🤯 
    IOS doll 💞

Is anyone watching Servant? I’m loving its slow burn style so far 
    edited January 2020
    nubcake said:
    Y'all... I just noticed the disagree button is gone. When did this happen?? 
    On Friday. It’s been replaced with Awesome.  Some members felt the disagrees like being pelted with stones anonymously.  This way, we have to use words to express ourselves, and so many posts would have 2 or more sentiments ir: “Christmas was wonderful this year.  good luck with the event.”   It gets a disagree. Was that person’s Christmas bad? Or do they Not wish others good luck?   It was ambivalent at best, and hurtful at worst. 

And as far as not being able to show not liking a spoiler or suggestion? Well...what Don’t you like about the dress?this way we use words and say “I like the shape of the skirt, but the neckline squared off like that ruins it for me”. Now that tells the team how you feel. The Disagree on a suggestion or spoiler to me just meant “Ugh no.“  Anyway, JMO. But that’s why I love the removal of the button. :). Hope you’re happy too. happy new year!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    edited January 2020

I really liked the jacket in this kollection, it was pretty much the only thing I liked. I knew I prob wouldn’t get it, especially with 2 kash options and energy. I took a chance anyway bc I love misery and...
     My jaw LITERALLY dropped!! I had to share my good luck with you all lol. Now I have to decide whether to press my luck and go for the pants 
    Lmao 🙈I actually loved that show, I finished it and it has some really good plot twists imo. I’m already excited for season 3 😫. I think it gets better towards the last episodes tho, that’s when I was like wdf 😮 🤯 
    @Sweetstephy I really devoured the second season this night... But the first season still in my heart as best, though I prefer Love over Beck.
    Yes, even though Love is crazy and psycho she's perfect for the show, I'm only going to be upset if season three is basically the same thing about him being obsessed with another girl blablabla.

https://youtu.be/-E-_IRJU5w0
    This song its so relatable to the show. (Yes 'You' Im still thinking about it 😅)

• SweetstephySweetstephy Registered Users, Member 415 Posts
    @kkh_clarice lol it’s a good show, my fav character was loves brother tho💞 
    Also when I finish a show I get curious and ask google what’s next 😆. A lot of people have a theory the woman he’s stalking next is his mom bc of the ring and she appears to be older etc, plus he never said she’s dead. That would be more interesting than another random woman. But welll seeee. 

IOS doll 💞

• nubcakenubcake Registered Users 191 Posts
    @kokokokonut I get that the disagrees may have been inappropriately used sometimes, but I also think there's a place for expressing negative emotion (like facebook's angry and sad reactions). Agree, like and awesome all kind of seem same-y and it's giving me this forced positivity vibe. 
    Hi I'm Ellie! ଘ(੭ ˘ ᵕ˘)━☆゚.*・。゚ iOS doll: bish im fabuwulous 
    Play with me! Fb name: Ellie Chuchu
    I post stuff on Instagram: Ellie Nubcake 
    edited January 2020
    @nubcake (returning the tag. ;) ) Prior to our move to this forum in Fall of 2017(?) we were a forum without buttons.  When we disagreed with something, we used words. or a picture or both.  So losing a button that I could easily hit by mistake didn't bother me.  If you've only been here with buttons, I can see that would be a bigger deal,  however losing the button makes people post how they feel.  You said it seemed like forced positivity.  That makes me look at it from your perspective, and then offer my opinon that yeah, the buttons are positive.  But the text space is all your own.  No one is saying you can't post negative emotion, this way you can express yourself more completely.  A sentence with your feelings says tons more than 1 more disagree via a button. 
    JMO :) , and I'm sorry others are having to adapt to the removal of the button.  On the plus side......Happy Sunday.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    One of my dogs is scared of everything. I just discovered she's scared of the new food/water dishes I bought which means she possibly hasn't had anything to eat or drink since Sunday. I'm currently listening to her munch on food that I had to pour out ON THE FLOOR 😩
    edited January 2020
    Nvm

Posting a graphic that displays obscene language, is still posting obscene language, and against rules.  We have more than one mother/child member combos here, and appreciate keeping the language  clean.  
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    jhabs said:
    How do you guys play this game with a job lol?? I just got a 9-5 corporate office job after being unemployed since May and I’m so tired! This game was so much easier when it was my only job lmao glu you need to reduce those weekday event points for real! 
    THIS. Ever since I started working full time (also in a corporate office), I haven’t been able to keep up with the forum and I haven’t finished a weekday event in months 😕 hence me just now seeing these posts from November 😂
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
    My bf send me a text asking if he could sleep at my place and I said "yes" he came and he is literally sleeping.

• BasakBasak Registered Users, Member 1,215 Posts
    It’s late at night and I’m thinking about how sh*tty my life has been lately and I wanted to talk this out. Sorry for any grammer mistakes because I’m not native.

Later in 2019, I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. Even though I always try to give positive vibes to everyone around me, my friends (even the closest ones) ALWAYS give me negative vibes. They talk crap when I mention my boyfriend just because he’s an introverted, shy person like me. My friends and I are studying at different parts of the country so we rarely meet but when we do, they always insist on me going out with them every single day, more than 4-5 hours and when I say I don’t wan’t to go out, they start arguing with me. Also my university is going terrible, my GPA is 1.54 now which is really bad. I can’t even graduate with that GPA so don’t know what to do. I’m starting to feel hopeless day by day. There is a single thing that I’m grateful for in this life, and it’s my boyfriend. We share the same hobbies, the stuff we love are the same. I’m really grateful. If I lose him some day, life won’t mean a thing. I care about all of my friends’ mental health, I support them no matter what, I’m understanding and caring but getting so many negative feedback made me extremely tired. This forum brings joy to my daily life. Thank you all of you for being so active, cheerful in here. I hope 2020 will be better mental-wise.

ps: I don’t know where to post this so, apologizing in advance if this is not the right place. 

🌼

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Daily player on iOS! 
    85 level also A+++
    Instagram gameplay account: basak_kkh
    If you want to be friends, you can add me here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100039524040997
    Oh @Basak, thank you so much for opening up about this. I hear you and I’m sending you a big hug! 

Sometimes we find ourselves surrounded by people that just don’t make us happy — the negativity and lack of support that you’re describing is not what you need or deserve right now, especially when you’re living with anxiety and depression. It’s ok to take a break from people that don’t make you feel good. 

If there are some that you’d like to keep around in the meantime, maybe you can be insistent on doing things together that nurture your emotional health, like a night in watching a favorite movie that makes you laugh or cry (very good for regulating brain chemicals like dopamine), having some quality time, or spending some time outside in the fresh air. I have seasonal depression and spend 10-15 minutes in the morning doing light therapy with a SAD lamp and guided meditation on YouTube — just taking a little time to take care of your well-being in the morning can make you feel more hopeful about the rest of the day. 

School is extremely stressful on top of all of that! It might be a good time to talk to your professors during office hours and see if there’s anything you can do to either lighten your courseload or take on tutoring or extra credit if possible. 

Just know that these horrible periods don’t last forever — you will get through them and it will feel like a distant memory years from now! I promise. You’re a really nice person, intelligent, and fun to talk to. You deserve the best! 
    @Basak It is terrible to have friends with whom they put us down or do not understand us in some way and worse than that do not even try to understand. I have anxiety and sometimes its very hard to me to leave my house and the only one who proposes to stay with me is my boyfriend. But even so we shouldn't put our lives in the hands of other people... I know it is difficult but at the end of our journey its only us, you know? We come alone and then we die. Sharing life with someone is magnificent but always remember to love yourself and be worth it for you!!!
    I really hope that everything will light up in your life this year and the next ones, I like to believe that it is a bad phase and with the proper treatment passes! And that your relationship will last forever since it does you so well. 💫 

@Rikk Your encouraging words are really wonderful to read! I’m thinking about starting yoga or at least a proper meditation, some people say they brighten up your mood. ✨ At first, I wasn’t so sure about posting this but this is the only place where people don’t see my face, don’t hear my voice. So I thought, why not? You guys all share different types of minds, I wanted to just let it all out and drop some of the heavy depression out of my shoulders if that makes any sense

🌼

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Daily player on iOS! 
    85 level also A+++
    If you want to be friends, you can add me here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100039524040997
    @kkh_clarice Awww! I’m glad that your boyfriend understands and respects your situation too! He’s definitely more introverted than me so it’s easy to stay in with him. 💞 Some days, I think like “People don’t have to like me or my boyfriend. But they have to respect me, him, and our relationship.” but I can definitely tell that nobody thinks that way, sadly

🌼

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Daily player on iOS! 
    85 level also A+++
    It is the least people who cares about you can do, respect your relationship and the person you are with! 

Basak said:
    At first, I wasn’t so sure about posting this but this is the only place where people don’t see my face, don’t hear my voice. So I thought, why not? You guys all share different types of minds, I wanted to just let it all out and drop some of the heavy depression out of my shoulders if that makes any sense
    Just know that it’s never a burden! We all need to lighten our loads, and it’s refreshing to talk about our real, imperfect lives 💕