Options

~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS @Carol Davida !!!

I'm thrilled for you! Really proud you made it!

Just do your job and certainly things will flow greatly, you'll see! ;)

Cheers!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Ah thank you guys so much for the warm wishes! I'd greatly appreciate it :)
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Huge Congratulations @Carol Davida Ok game, we need something close to a mail carrier outfit. I'm so happy for you. Do you know what your position will be? This is so awesome. Merry Christmas a little early doll. <3 l:)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    @Carol Davida congratulations & I hope you & your new work mates will get on brilliantly and your new job be rewarding?
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    @Carol Davida Congratulations! Good luck on your job ;)
    PM to add
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Huge Congratulations @Carol Davida Ok game, we need something close to a mail carrier outfit. I'm so happy for you. Do you know what your position will be? This is so awesome. Merry Christmas a little early doll. <3 l:)</p>

Thanks for the congrats. Yay me?

I've applied and gotten hired for a mail handler job at the post office @kokokokonut
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    A handler works inside the post office, as opposed to a carrier who wards off dogs and snow, right? This is really awesome. My ex sisterinlaw tried for a post office job, and when they offered it to her she said she wanted to try for the cop civil service exam or something. Failed that test, and by then her post office job was gone. She took a job at a collection agency. So......Huge Huge Huge congrats.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    klena said:

@Carol Davida congratulations & I hope you & your new work mates will get on brilliantly and your new job be rewarding?

@Carol Davida Congratulations! Good luck on your job ;)

Once again thanks to all of you for your emotional support.

I've been rejected numerous times from my previous job interviews and it feels good to see that I've finally found the job that I've always been looking for. But, it was most definitely worth the wait though. There has been times when I've thought about quitting, but I just knew that I had to believe in myself overall.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm so freaking excited. My game transferred to my new phone with no issues!!! Thank you @astray for the suggestion of using Smart Switch. It worked great
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts

I'm so freaking excited. My game transferred to my new phone with no issues!!! Thank you @astray for the suggestion of using Smart Switch. It worked great

That's fantastic, yay I'm glad it went well, you're welcome @soundspretty :smile:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Congratulations @soundspretty . Um....darkside with your old game? Having a twin is sensational, or you could play doctor and make your own spouse. A second game, that can play with the first is a game changing feeling. Like a Barbie KK:H Doll in each hand. Food for thought?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    It's a relief to read that @soundspretty ! Happy gaming!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    @soundspretty I was just wondering how the switch went and hoping it went smoothly so I’m happy to hear you had no problem. ?
    @astray I’ll have to keep that app in mind & I need to switch mine.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    I tried to do it the "Glu way" at first and got nothing but the kustomize screen. The smart switch app was great, because it copied all the app data via wifi from phone to phone. Opened up KKH and voila! All there

Congratulations @soundspretty . Um....darkside with your old game? Having a twin is sensational, or you could play doctor and make your own spouse. A second game, that can play with the first is a game changing feeling. Like a Barbie KK:H Doll in each hand. Food for thought?

I've thought about that before, because I have a tablet that I could've made a second game on. Just the thought of two games overwhelms me, although I guess I wouldn't actually have to play the second game if say, I just wanted it to create a custom spouse. And then I'd only play if it was an event or something where I really wanted an item. Hmmm decisions, decisions. I don't know how you juggle 3 games @kokokokonut. I can barely handle my one!
  • Options
    Well, i’m A Gemini with identity issues so 3 isn’t bad.... but if I ever start another.....i’ll Build a custom spouse spouse for Apple, and make him look just like Vatsy! But you should think about it......just saying.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    So I started a second game. But I didn't consider all the beginning stuff like the tutorials and the fact that everything is locked and I don't even know what level I need to be on to start getting events. I assumed I'd jump right in, not even thinking about all that stuff. There may be some regrets lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Yes you will get a divorce call even when dating a real life player only difference to me is that you get nagged way more often to go on dates with a real life player than you do NPC's I could never complete old quests due to getting nagged to go on dates constantly but it is interesting to know that you can change the look of RL player's you are dating clothes wise. As of now I am single until I finish the quests I'm behind on, i want to get them out of the way before i decide on dating in the game again, i used to be great with multitasking now keeping a relationship in this game has become so overwhelming for me lol but you will enjoy it, it really is something new especially if you are used to dating NPC's in your game @soundspretty :smile:
  • Options
    Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    @soundspretty You will still get calls every other day to go on a date and the same with divorce calls. Also, I think you get events from level 7.. but I’m not a hundred percent sure. :) 
  • Options
    Thanks for the input guys!! I'm on level 6 I think? So hopefully it is level 7 for events!! I need to start earning some stuff pronto.

I was looking forward to dumping my NPC hubby as a break until I get my male doll up and going but then of course we get a dating event...

I guess my biggest fear is that I blow off my NPC hubby a lot but it only costs 10 k-stars to keep a divorce from happening, and I'm sure that amount will be a lot more for a RL game *sigh* Dating is such a burden in this game. I don't date my RL hubby as often as my game one :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    So starting from today I will become an inactive forum member because someone threatened my life and wants me to have a bad record. This person is making me to look like I'm a monster :mask: and I'm not though :neutral: I don't wanna get terminated from my new job. And I won't tolerate that because I'm such a good person and I don't think deserve any of this. I've made some wonderful friends here (old & new). But, someone particularly doesn't like me and I won't call them out because I'm not petty to put that person on blast like that so they won't be expose. That person knows exactly who they are and I won't mention the name. That person doesn't appreciate my presence here and I just feel unwelcomed here. I'm so hurt right now and I just won't post here anymore.

Goodbye everyone. I'll miss you all.

Lots of <3 ,
    Carol</div>
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Haha @soundspretty

Once I got off work I slept I forgot about the dating throwback event, for the past few days I've been doing some Christmas/Chanukah shopping and then I started back working yesterday so it has been a pretty adventurous week for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Carol, I wrote Privately to let you know how much I need you to stay, but you have so many friends here. I know I am not alone in wanting you to stay. First off, no one leaves during Christmas holidays. 2nd, I need you here tomorrow so I don't get super melancholy. I lost my Mom 21 years ago tomorrow, and it hurts so much. Yes. That is emotional blackmail, but if it keeps you here a little longer....so be it. I've no shame.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    One positive about having a new game is every GB I open contains an item! Bad news is I didn't have enough kash to even buy a $25 appetizer...

@Carol Davida I'm really sorry to hear that :( I hope you know that you have so many friends here.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    You're so lucky there are no items in my boxes when i open them i have the worst luck ever with boxes lol @soundspretty

@kokokokonut stay strong I know how it feels to lose someone, i lost my mother 10 years ago the pain from losing someone you love never goes away, we are all here for you.
  • Options
    DanizzleDanizzle Registered Users 753 Posts
    Awwwww @Carol Davida I'm pretty new here and I'm very sorry to see someone's threatening you. You seem so nice though. Please don't let people get so easily on your nerves and make you feel bad. Just stay with your friends and live it up. Love you and hope you'll see my message

@kokokokonut I am soooo sorry for you ? I really am. And I wish you, really wish you to feel better. I know how it hurts to lost someone beloved and to remember this every year ?. Be strong and I'm here to talk if you need to vent 
  • Options
    Thanks doll. That’s very sweet. My mother was so awesome. She was a !st and 2nd grade teacher, and everybody loved her. <3o:)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I got weepy the other day because I was thinking of old Christmas traditions and how they'll never happen again. I appreciate the memories, I just wish things had been better towards the end. I think this past year has really hit me, and I feel like I've aged a decade lol. However in the meantime we've been trying to create new traditions (not just Christmas stuff) which has helped, especially when it's with people you actually care about, and aren't forced to care about. If that makes any sense.
  • Options
    Oh @soundspretty it really does make sense. Families are made in all different ways I've seen family of friends that have been stronger than blood. I've seen blood families that are totally ride or die for each other as people. I'm sorry for the empty ache you're feeling. You'll get some of that decade back in time. It's like a see-saw of emotion, and you're the fulcrum. On one end all the wonderful memories on the other all the emptiness because you'll never live more of those memories. Remember/wallow But as Baba gets older, he will someday be infusing my life with Holidays through the eyes of the young again. And even now I try to pass along the good traditions my mom taught me. It's all about the oral tradition, passed from older to younger My son is getting the Christmases my mother brought to me. My husband's family celebrated it, they didn't live it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    It was an adjustment the first few years with my husband and I, because his family and mine are complete opposites when it comes to holidays. His is very traditional, with religious undertones which wasn't my experience at all. My family is much more laid back. The only thing I go crazy with (and I think I get this from my mom) is decorating the Christmas tree. Hubby is not allowed to touch.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    This is so random and not sure if I'm posting in the correct thread if not, feel free to remove it koko.

This was my view for these past few days, i love snow but i don't like the idea of having to drive through it for work. Also don't like that the kids have been out, lol.