Options

~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Lol, well thank you doll. I do like to keep things free from that. One of my Gemini's is **** like that.

edit: Oooops. didn't mean it THAT way. Obsessive. Obsessive like that.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Sorry come here and take the stage to whiny, but I feel if I don't share this with EVERYONE I know (and don't know TBH), I can't overcome the trauma and just let it go...lol

So if you're not in the mood to hear any futile drama, stop here and just go!

Yesterday I had the most disastrous time at the hair salon EVER!

I've been dying my hair for so many years, but since the beggining of this year my scalp started to present allergic reactions to the products, so I generally end up with this burnt that leaves the scalp on a redness for couple of days.

Yesterday my roots bleached super quick, haven't had time to feel the usual pain and itchiness, so I was kinda yay!

After washing and toning the hair, I gave a check at the mirror and my world has fallen completely. First despite the fact that my colorist has been doing my hair for a century and he is completely aware of the shade of my liking, he went for an extra ash toner and not the buttery platinum. I loathe that color.

Coming closer to the mirror I notice that my scalp wasn't just red, but a HUGE bruise opened in my forehead due the chemical burn, seriously it was bleeding!

Then I sitted on the chair of my hair stylist to trim a LITTLE bit of my tips, I swear I showed to him the exact lenght I wanted, but did he listened to me?! NO! He cutted off a huge chunk of my hair! Not even sure if I can call my hair 'long' anymore!

The colorist and the hairstylist came together to dry my hair each one of a side, onef kept my hair straight, the other slightly wavy... I pointed their mistake, did they fixed?! NO!

Think I was done with this torture? Of course not, still needed to do my eyebrows! My eyebrow designer started adding pigment to them, when I opened my eyes my eyebrows were BLACK! At least she wasn't so negligent
    as the rest of the team and I tried to fix them. After a painful bleaching process, them got blonder than the usual (now I'm thinking what exactly I paid for here?) and half of my left eyebrow was gone, like it just fell of! She spent like a minute shaping them (or what was left of them) and I was done...

And the rain started, like we spent a whole month with good weather, but the rain came when I was leaving the place *sigh*.

All I wanted after this was to rush into my mom's arms and stay on fetus position!

There there! Feeling better already, thanks for listening!

Linda, wishing all the best to your boy! Hope he's having a smooth recovery!
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Vatsy, I'm speechless! There is not one thing about your story that I can even giggle at because I know how devastated you must have felt :( What a disastrous day! I'm sure nothing I could say would make you feel better, so instead I will send you the biggest hugs ever โค๏ธ โค๏ธ โค๏ธ โค๏ธ
    Vats wrote: ยป
    Sorry come here and take the stage to whiny, but I feel if I don't share this with EVERYONE I know (and don't know TBH), I can't overcome the trauma and just let it go...lol

So if you're not in the mood to hear any futile drama, stop here and just go!

Yesterday I had the most disastrous time at the hair salon EVER!

I've been dying my hair for so many years, but since the beggining of this year my scalp started to present allergic reactions to the products, so I generally end up with this burnt that leaves the scalp on a redness for couple of days.

Yesterday my roots bleached super quick, haven't had time to feel the usual pain and itchiness, so I was kinda yay!

After washing and toning the hair, I gave a check at the mirror and my world has fallen completely. First despite the fact that my colorist has been doing my hair for a century and he is completely aware of the shade of my liking, he went for an extra ash toner and not the buttery platinum. I loathe that color.

Coming closer to the mirror I notice that my scalp wasn't just red, but a HUGE bruise opened in my forehead due the chemical burn, seriously it was bleeding!

Then I sitted on the chair of my hair stylist to trim a LITTLE bit of my tips, I swear I showed to him the exact lenght I wanted, but did he listened to me?! NO! He cutted off a huge chunk of my hair! Not even sure if I can call my hair 'long' anymore!

The colorist and the hairstylist came together to dry my hair each one of a side, onef kept my hair straight, the other slightly wavy... I pointed their mistake, did they fixed?! NO!

Think I was done with this torture? Of course not, still needed to do my eyebrows! My eyebrow designer started adding pigment to them, when I opened my eyes my eyebrows were BLACK! At least she wasn't so negligent
    as the rest of the team and I tried to fix them. After a painful bleaching process, them got blonder than the usual (now I'm thinking what exactly I paid for here?) and half of my left eyebrow was gone, like it just fell of! She spent like a minute shaping them (or what was left of them) and I was done...

And the rain started, like we spent a whole month with good weather, but the rain came when I was leaving the place *sigh*.

All I wanted after this was to rush into my mom's arms and stay on fetus position!

There there! Feeling better already, thanks for listening!

• Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    oh vatsy, i'm so sorry-- what a catastrophe! I hope you can open your game and find some solace in vats's flowing locks and perfect brows! Hugs!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook.ย 
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    That's awful Vats! Did they not even say anything when they noticed that stuff was going wrong? That has to be some kind of negligence, right? Especially if it got to the point where you were injured and bleeding.

It sounds like she overprocessed your eyebrows in the attempt to fix it. I've heard certain oils like olive and coconut massaged into your skin can help regrow eyebrows faster. And B vitamins! I know people who swear by biotin for fast hair growth but that stuff breaks me out and it's pretty common for it to do that so I personally wouldn't recommend it.
  • Options
    Oh Vats, I can't believe they are in existance if that's how they are. First, how is the chem burn on your scalp? If your regular person messed you up like this time to complain. I wouldn't pay for a butcher job like that, and you should look for a new place. Are you feeling better today? I bet your hair looks good.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Vats, my darling! What an absolute catastrophe. I hate spending money at the salon and having my hair not turn out the way I want. And if someone messed up my eyebrows, I would seriously lose it! I just had my eyebrows micro bladed so now I have the bushy eyebrows of my dreams. I would cry if I lost them now!

We are having the opposite hair tone problem, haha. I am trying to get that ashy, almost gray blonde look, but my hair keeps pulling so golden and buttery! We should do a salon exchange program hahahah.
  • Options
    I'm feeling very lucky I do purple and violet highlights over dark hair. When I was blonde it was soooooooo hard to get it right. It took years to get my hair back to virgin status and down the middle of my back. From that point on.....henna and highlites. That PooCanned any more perms too. Now if i want curls....wash my hair set it in long tiny tiny thin braids all over my head, let it dry overnight and boom.......curls that don't quit till the next shampoo.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Oh no Vats, that sounds mortifying!! So sorry you went through all that! I have been bleaching my hair too for so many years and went through a similar situation where suddenly I was allergic to the product!! My hairstylist tried tons of other products and it really took a while for her to find the right one in the right shade of platinum blonde to which I had no reaction.
    Hope your scalp recovers soon, big hugs coming your way!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Vats wrote: ยป
    Thank you, sweetie! Yes, we see him getting better each day. He started walking again yesterday and went up the stairs this morning (with me behind him, in case he lost his balance). It looks like they did not nick his vestibular. He still has padding in his ear and a bandade around is head but he does seem to hear us, so we are carefully postitive that the operation worked and repaired his hearing!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    I don't know if this is something to look into but when I went in for my last hair appointment my stylist used a different type of bleach. I didn't know there were different types but apparently so! She said it works faster and seems to be less damaging.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Thank you, sweetie! Yes, we see him getting better each day. He started walking again yesterday and went up the stairs this morning (with me behind him, in case he lost his balance). It looks like they did not nick his vestibular. He still has padding in his ear and a bandade around is head but he does seem to hear us, so we are carefully postitive that the operation worked and repaired his hearing!

That's good progress, speedy recovery to him! :) Hope you are not as stressed now.

Vatsy, we do not mind a whiny you. That is a horrible salon experience. If they've been doing the same thing for you, how do they actually mess up all at once. Hope your bruise heals fast, now who's the bruised face! Kidding :p You could try hirudoid cream for your bruise. It doesn't work for my ultimate sensitive face but works wonders for majority.

If it makes you feel better, Xan got a botched haircut at the salon too...

2G0MXvp.jpg

But seriously, Glu, please fix the hair sometime soon!

Ugh today of my life sucks, I'm in rage mood. But also very upset. I'm smad (sad and mad).

MFffhWN.gif
    PM to add
  • Options
    Sugar,haftime,soundsp,koko,max,linda and nai thank you so much for the empathy,hugs, skincare tips and sweet words! There's no price to all this affection <3

All I want is forget this experience. I attend this salon for 22 years, so there's a lot of trust between us. I prefer to believe that they were in a bad day and unfortunately I was a victim of this.

My sister was there in the same day too, to implant her eyelashes and she didn't liked the outcome either.

Linda, sending my prayers to this handsome and brave little guy, hoping he gets the best results.

Nai why so smad?! Let it out!

I'm feeling a bit guilty, cause I still didn't clean up my inbox lol, everytime I enter here, I delete some of them to open space. I promisse that I'll answer all those who sent me messages this last week, ok?!:o
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    I dreamt last night that I met kokokokonut in person. Which is strange, because we live on opposite sides of the world, and I have no idea who she really is, what her name is, or what she looks like. BUT we had dinner and it was delightful.

I don't know why I'm telling you guys this, just needed to get it out of my system lol :D
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    Daffodil how lovely. where was dinner? My real name is Kat, and I have long dark hair, in the summer no color in it ...just natural dirty blonde/ light brown, the pool is awful on color, then in fall I'll probably go back to burgundy/or plum. When I get wild...I go blonde in Spring.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Daffodil how lovely. where was dinner? My real name is Kat, and I have long dark hair, in the summer no color in it ...just natural dirty blonde/ light brown, the pool is awful on color, then in fall I'll probably go back to burgundy/or plum. When I get wild...I go blonde in Spring.

At my parent's place, which is odd, because I moved out more than six years ago. But you brought your 7 kids, and they were all the same age, which I guess is dream logic lol. I think you had dark hair in the dream though :D
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    Oh no. 7 kids? I was 1 and done, not by choice. When baba was about 3, I took a really bad stair fall in the dark at work. The trauma just shut that down. But if I have my spine fused with a rod, I just learned I will be able to do anything. Anything I asked? anything. I dared to ask and used the M word in a neurosurgeon's office. I got a dirty look, but "Anything" was the reply once more.

[video=youtube_share;egMWlD3fLJ8]https://youtu.be/egMWlD3fLJ8[/video]

Would that make me bionic? I'd go blonde and call myself ....yeah I would. the Bionic Blonde Biker Lol.
    sigh, but I don't know. It's a major commitment. The appendix trick showed me that and that was nuthin compared to this.
    I wonder if they'd be able to flip me over tighten things up in the tummy and melon department when they were done.

Well, this certainly has been, apropos of nuthin. Off to check for spoilers.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Haha who doesn't? These last 3 years KKH world has been an integral part of my dreams! I generally forget them, but can remember that I dreamed about Sassy these days, but that's not the craziest dream since I know her face!

Which 'M' word? Motorcycle?:rolleyes:
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Yes. After his PA said I'd be able to do everything, I said even ride on a motorcycle again? wow. It was like I asked how much malpractice insurance cost or something.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    My husband had a motorcycle for a brief period of time. I was always too afraid to ride with him because it's scary enough riding around with him in his Trans Am. No way was I going with him on something that doesn't have a frame and airbags :p

giphy.gif
  • Options
    This is more like it.

[video=youtube_share;ndIPAgAqEs0]https://youtu.be/ndIPAgAqEs0[/video]

lol, but the scenery isn't quite as majestic. It's the closest thing to flying you can feel. I don't mean planes. Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    OOk so there I was moving a pist, and the slip of a finger moved a KKG thread over here. Lol. Oops, Ladouche figured it out whike I was off playing Stories. It's like going to med svhool, I graduate after all these chapters and stars and I get a stethoscope and lab coat. I'm a gonna be a doctor.

Anywsy, after reading ladouces post i had it fixed in a jif. hubs. Sorry for the inconvenuence. Tybm I was catching a little sun with the hubs.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    We're having a safari themed weekend and yesterday I heard that this regional safari park is finishing their activities, but the most sad news is that they'll sacrifice 300 deer, because of tuberculosis.

I have fond childhood memories of that place, once a zebra licked my dad's car window. We didn't washed it for a while to keep the spot. Very sad news.:(
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Vats. That is so sad on many levels, a childhood memory, just gone. But also for those poor animals. Your heart must be breaking for them.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks for the nice words Koko, don't know why I keep bringing this sad stories...

Let's change the subject to something lighter and funnier!

Couple of weeks ago I went to make a new ID to me, somehow I managed to lost all my documents with a picture, except for my driver licence in which I look chubby and my hair is auburn, so yeah I got lots of looks while people checking the veracity of the document.

The backdrop where the new picture was took was white, Gosh as soon I realized that I knew it would be a total disaster! Everytime I come closer to white stuff, it brings out all the pinkness/redness of my skin. I can't wear white.

I made the guy take SEVERAL pictures of me, that was almost a photoshoot and there were tons of people in the line lol. Yet we weren't able to reach a decent shot.

When I received the ID this week, the printed version of the pic was like very much worse. Seriously, I should ask them to change the race to tomato!

Here's my pic:

8xVwlQq.png

uyA19fZ.gif
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Aww! lol

My current license doesn't expire until 2019 I believe. It was issued in 2013. I don't remember why but I was upset and crying on the way to the DMV. So my makeup is kinda rubbed off and I look just awful. No puffy eyes or anything but just blah.
  • Options
    At least you look like a cute tomato! Hahaha. That's why my current ID, passport etc has pictures that I provided them with. Otherwise I know for sure I'd look way ugly and awkward.

I started Invisalign last Monday, and it felt like sh!t. Let's just say it's not all flowery and happy like everyone (especially the dentists) make it out to be. First day I spent 10 minutes yanking it off my teeth and it got 'stuck' at one point, I was literally jumping and panicking because it hurt and felt so sensitive.

It does get easier to remove after a few days because my teeth moved, but oh daamn, my eating experience just changed from 10 to 0. My dentist said to eat with my aligners and I just feel like I'm eating plastic all the time. I can't chew properly, feels like I have no teeth! I still can't bite with my front teeth. But here I am being very rebellious drinking bubble tea, I've been chewing for the past 2 hours...
    hug2CZo.gif

I must brush after eating, so what does that mean? NO SNACKING! Because why? Each session of brushing wastes 30mins of my life, so I have been reduced to just 2 meals per day :'( I usually have lunch, dinner, supper and A LOT of snacking in between.
    UKyr4r3.gif

So my treatment would have been 18 months but after the first day of torture, I called the clinic up and asked if there's any way to speed it up. They said, "yes but you'll need to buy a machine, you need to use it daily, it'll halve the time and it costs..."
    KVSkNr0.gif

If all goes well, I'll be done in 9 months, so next May.
    gZgodzF.gif

I lost 2kgs after my wisdom tooth extraction 3 months back, and I've lost 0.5kg thus far. That's the only good thing lol, I hope to lose a few more!
    PM to add
  • Options
    Sorry you're going through this, but it will be worth it in the end.

For the 1st time ever I like my drivers license pic. My hair was freshly done for a work party for Puterhead, later that night, so my day was have my hair done, hit dmv, then go home and relax. So, the hair looks great, and they tell you to look straight, I did a side eye that looks cute, and got away with it. lol.

Oh, and vats, you're the sweetest tomato head I've ever seen. *Smoochies
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    This is definitely apropos of nothing but I've finally got my hair to the white blonde/ash color I've been trying to get it to for a year now! (This is mostly a picture for Vats, lol!) I know Vats loves his buttery blond but I am so happy I'm at the white blonde Skylar rocks, IRL now! Eee.

POdaucD.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks! It's like if I want a baby, get through 9 months of pregnancy so I'm telling myself if I want perfect smiley teeth then get through these 9 months!

Max! Is that you?! SO GORG! That's like the kind of hair I'd see if I search for hair colors on Google. Well worth the one year!
    PM to add