Options

General Complaints Thread

Comments

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I've received several PMs from my fellow forum comrades asking why I haven't posted anything about the new fashion thread...

Disclaimer : I'm not mad, upset or bothered. I'm not coming for or attacking anyone. I'm only posting in Hookah so I won't distract what's going on in the other threads. I will post in the new fashion threads once they're officially open too.

here's my two cents :)

They are basically 3-4 running fashion threads utilized (ootd, exclusive items, Vats Wednesday's and Carol's)

It's my understanding a new fashion thread is being created bcuz there are to many fashion threads popping up and its to much for The Mod to keep up with (completely understandable).
    Also, the new thread would be more inclusive, and less exclusive. (Exclusive as in: 'if it doesn't follow my criteria you can't post it here' nothing to do with exclusive clothes) One thread for everyone to post their goodies, using any current theme, or just to show off (cool) .

However, there's still going to be 3 fashion threads (general, exclusive and pop-up) which basically serve the same purpose (IMO) as the existing ones and therefore The Mod has to keep up with the same amount of threads. It's defeats the purpose IMO. The more diplomatic thing to do could have been to asked the members opinions on closing the threads, not "the decision has been made" and now let's play the name game. Also, a lot of members used the existing threads and posted their amazing pictures and edits so why not merge them with the newly created ones instead of just closing them.

That's all

Cyber hugs & kisses to all
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. DMV, thank you for this. You are more than welcome to post this in the naming thread, I don't detect any hostility, anger or anything. I'd like to address this, so please excuse the vent free but informative (I hope) post I will say simply this, the Exclusive weekend Event clothes thread's fate hasn't been determined yet. And the pop ups are not a continuous thing. And a big part of the consolidation, is because maybe 4 fashion threads don't seem like a big deal, but then what is to deter 5 members from coming up with 5 new themes, now we have 9. Or, should we say, Ok, we have 4 threads now, and that's it. NO More. That won't work and it's not fair. We're going to be voting on more after just the name. I thought we'd run a contest for the header. I realize that shutting down these individual threads is not popular with a number of valued forum members, and that's why I'm really trying to make it a communal enterprise. I brought the lemons. Who wants to make Lemon Pie with me?

Thanks for your time. and if you want a vent. OMG the darm hair and AppleP. But that's for another day. DMV, thank you for speaking up and I know you're speaking for a number of people. Please, you're all welcome to come into the planning and naming thread and be heard, And vote. If anything, you guys have to know I'm all about hammering things out.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Oh, the merging question. I've found, and I'm sure some of you have read the confusing results, when I merge 2 simultaneous threads. One posts a picture of a blue dress and grey shoes at 11:05 in OOTD. 11:06 in Fall someone asks "Where did those shoes come from their not in my closet" about the ALT grey boots, which were posted 2 hours earlier in Fall. I merge the threads, now it reads that the 11:06 poster is asking about the grey shoes directly above her post now. That's just an example of how that would mess things up.
    I've learned that merging two threads that run concurrently never works well. I can go back round up all the exclusive threads and merge those. Because they'd pop up for a while and then fade away. If I do that, the thread will either be started by either Luz with her weekly fashion, or LeyslahGisel with her Exclusive thread. Who ever started it first. And now I'm really skooting out of here. :) We can talk about anything, if it's the new thread, we can really do it there.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    My bad... I'm just now reading your response.

I get the gist of what you're saying, but (to me) it feels like we already have lemon pie and the new thread is just going to be making lemon meringue pie. Same lemon pie just extra toppings.

And it's all good for current forum members since we're here while the changes are being implemented, (I've been here over a year and can count on one hand how many threads I've started) but there's new members joining all the time. How are they going to know the new "rule" of not creating any new fashion threads?

Just curious... I feel they fit the "constructive " requirement (IMO). Same disclaimer applies to this post too lol

Andriod player
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm so tired of these daily giftboxes already. I tried to win this bun updo hairstyle several times but I'm usually end up choosing the wrong box with free cash or energy points. I wish that I could end up buying that hairstyle with cash instead.

k1swlw.png
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    I'm so tired of these daily giftboxes already. I tried to win this bun updo hairstyle several times but I'm usually end up choosing the wrong box with free cash or energy points. I wish that I could end up buying that hairstyle with cash instead.

k1swlw.png

That's how I wear my hair most days. I think I got it in a box a few weeks ago. Yeah, that sucks. I barely get any clothes in my daily gift boxes. I just got 1 jumpsuit this month and lots of 350 Kash and a few energy bolts. Sadly no K Stars. 😁
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I was soooo excited when I FINALLY opened up a daily gift box with that casual high bun hairstyle. I might have even clapped. LOL. Right now I'm just waiting on the gift box bob. I have wanted that hairstyle since day 1 and have only seen it in any daily gift box twice... Twice! In months!
    Hopefully they'll introduce a few new gift box items soon; however, like you, I would prefer more items that we can purchase with KASH.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I was soooo excited when I FINALLY opened up a daily gift box with that casual high bun hairstyle. I might have even clapped. LOL. Right now I'm just waiting on the gift box bob. I have wanted that hairstyle since day 1 and have only seen it in any daily gift box twice... Twice! In months!
    Hopefully they'll introduce a few new gift box items soon; however, like you, I would prefer more items that we can purchase with KASH.

I wish my doll could borrow that hairstyle just for a day lol
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    I wish my doll could borrow that hairstyle just for a day lol

It would be AWESOME if Glu let us swap/trade/share clothes like girlfriends do in real life. It will never happen... But it would be fun.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    I don't know when will Glu fixed the glitches when the update messed up my game. Jack is standing there like an idiot now and isn't helping out with the baby. Carol Davida is upset with her husband because he's a lazy stay-at-home dad. Oh and he's so clingy too with his whatever smiley emoji face.

Screenshot_2015_10_14_18_37_41_1.png
    photos upload
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    How do they help? I had mine for about a nano second till I had the 2nd babies and the nannies came in. I would so like our spouses back in the nursery holding the 2nd baby. or put the spouse between us and the nanny. Single Parenting is too tough.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    How do they help? I had mine for about a nano second till I had the 2nd babies and the nannies came in. I would so like our spouses back in the nursery holding the 2nd baby. or put the spouse between us and the nanny. Single Parenting is too tough.

I know that as soon my doll will have her second baby then the nanny won't allow Jack to see both of his kids. That's extremely sad because my doll wants Jack to interact with both of his kids. (Sigh)

Oh I went back to FAQ & support and edited my post of what Android version that I'm playing KKH game from. Thanks for the notice Koko. I hope that Glu resolves my game issues very soon.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Yes, we dont' want the Nanny in there, Maybe it will be easier to just put the SO back in, and keep the Nanny holding the second baby. THat sounds about right. You think Kanye will be changing the guard at diaper duty? He'll stand around while women do it. So, as long as my honey is in there with me, I'd be happy. Besides, let the nanny pay what I'm undoubtedly paying her for. Or is her invisible bill the one thing hubby pays for? lol. Seriously though, Please bring back our SOs in the nursery.

And I hope it gets fixed for you soon, thanks for adding ther version. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Thanks for forcing this dress on me on Glu. Also screw you

25gs0w4.jpg

ix47bd.jpg
  • Options
    lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    Val_ wrote: »
    Thanks for forcing this dress on me on Glu. Also screw you

25gs0w4.jpg

ix47bd.jpg

Wow, I'm sorry because I know you're annoyed, but that really made me laugh out loud for like 5 minutes straight....that blue dress stalks me as well. :-)

I'll be right there with you soon enough, I don't know how I've avoided it for this long. I wish I could just buy the stupid thing, so I could stop seeing it in every set of gift boxes I open.
  • Options
    pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    Has anyone had trouble with weekend gigs not showing up? I recently got a new iphone and decided to get the game on there (I've been playing on android), so it's a brand new game. I've gone through 2 weekends now where I don't get calls for the special weekend jobs. Last week I still got k-stars for every job I did and this weekend I'm still earning points towards the event, but I can't do any of the jobs. I don't know what to do about it
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    The time frame that Glu happened to allow claiming of event stars is too freaking stingy. It's a 4 hour window if I'm not wrong.

The heck? I happen to be sleeping! And yes I sleep 8 hours. Glu you don't even care about your customers from different timezones. You made a mistake, why give a timeframe? People should be able to claim it ANYTIME within the event period.

And 20 stars? The whole glitch was on for 11.5 hours, basic thing to do would be crediting everyone with event stars for 3h x 3 gigs = 36 stars.

But wait, I didn't get any compensation because I sleep. Thanks!
    PM to add
  • Options
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    Has anyone had trouble with weekend gigs not showing up? I recently got a new iphone and decided to get the game on there (I've been playing on android), so it's a brand new game. I've gone through 2 weekends now where I don't get calls for the special weekend jobs. Last week I still got k-stars for every job I did and this weekend I'm still earning points towards the event, but I can't do any of the jobs. I don't know what to do about it

Have you checked to see if your App needs an update? A new one came out on Tuesday and I had to manually update the App on my iPad. If that isn't the problem, have you posted in the Support thread and/or submitted a ticket with the Glu Support desk?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    The time frame that Glu happened to allow claiming of event stars is too freaking stingy. It's a 4 hour window if I'm not wrong.

The heck? I happen to be sleeping! And yes I sleep 8 hours. Glu you don't even care about your customers from different timezones. You made a mistake, why give a timeframe? People should be able to claim it ANYTIME within the event period.

And 20 stars? The whole glitch was on for 11.5 hours, basic thing to do would be crediting everyone with event stars for 3h x 3 gigs = 36 stars.

But wait, I didn't get any compensation because I sleep. Thanks!

Oh that stinks Nai! While I thought 20 stars sounded light too, I can "understand" it. What does not make sense is the very limited window to claim the stars. You were sleeping. I'm sure many many others were sleeping or working. After disrupting everyones schedule this morning with their mega-glitch, it seems petty to create a small window of time to claim the stars.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    Holly have you started getting stars from inviting friends to gigs? My game still won't give them to me.
  • Options
    Val_ wrote: »
    Thanks for forcing this dress on me on Glu. Also screw you.

I have an idea,,,,, once the new fashion thread is opened, we should have a "runway show" featuring that blue dress. We can see how everyone styles it and hopefully this will either inspire love or confirm hate.

What do you think?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Holly have you started getting stars from inviting friends to gigs? My game still won't give them to me.

Nope. I know it's just a few at a time but it adds up! I have three event items so those should be extra stars from my friends too but nope.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Oh that stinks Nai! While I thought 20 stars sounded light too, I can "understand" it. What does not make sense is the very limited window to claim the stars. You were sleeping. I'm sure many many others were sleeping or working. After disrupting everyones schedule this morning with their mega-glitch, it seems petty to create a small window of time to claim the stars.

That is just downright unfair and stingy.

And Holly, nice idea! I actually wanted to create my first thread something like "How you style this", so I'd post an item from both female and male closet and everyone will post how they style it. But I came onto the forums and there was a discussion on the new fashion thread and I thought it'd be better not to create a new thread so the idea poofed.
    PM to add
  • Options

And Holly, nice idea! I actually wanted to create my first thread something like "How you style this", so I'd post an item from both female and male closet and everyone will post how they style it. But I came onto the forums and there was a discussion on the new fashion thread and I thought it'd be better not to create a new thread so the idea poofed.

Once Koko gets the new fashion thread up, you should introduce your idea on it. It will be a good way to get people posting in that thread. (Plus it's a fun idea!)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Wow, I'm sorry because I know you're annoyed, but that really made me laugh out loud for like 5 minutes straight....that blue dress stalks me as well. :-)

I'll be right there with you soon enough, I don't know how I've avoided it for this long. I wish I could just buy the stupid thing, so I could stop seeing it in every set of gift boxes I open.

Haha! No don't worry I'm not that annoyed because I wasn't especially keen on any of her gift box items, but i am a little tired of getting so many "regular" items in them.

At least now I have it and I don't have to look at it anymore lol :)
  • Options
    Once Koko gets the new fashion thread up, you should introduce your idea on it. It will be a good way to get people posting in that thread. (Plus it's a fun idea!)

I don't think that's how the new thread works though. I don't know. I think it was created so there wasn't a limited/ requirement for outfits. I'm super confused right now, I thought it was just a new thread, simple and straight cut. But then there was some discussions and I got confused along the way. I'll wait for Koko to get the new thread up and then see how it's supposed to be.
    PM to add
  • Options
    BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
    It's been a week and the "get free k-stars" button still hasn't returned to my game... and Glu still hasn't replied to my ticket about it... [sighs].
    add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
    My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸
  • Options
    I actually wanted to create my first thread something like "How you style this", so I'd post an item from both female and male closet and everyone will post how they style it. But I came onto the forums and there was a discussion on the new fashion thread and I thought it'd be better not to create a new thread so the idea poofed.

Nai, this is a really awesome idea (I'm mad I didn't think of it myself lol...jk)

Hopefully once the new fashion thread(s) is/are up and running we'll get the opportunity to do it. I know it would be a lot of fun :)

Andriod player
  • Options
    That is just downright unfair and stingy.

Nai, your thought for a special thread for that one dress is awesome. Please go ahead. We haven't started the new one yet, and the thread you propose is not a fashion show - it's one dress and everyone complaining about it. Any time you're in doubt, just pm me. That make sense?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I have an idea,,,,, once the new fashion thread is opened, we should have a "runway show" featuring that blue dress. We can see how everyone styles it and hopefully this will either inspire love or confirm hate.

What do you think?

Holly,

Good news :) The Mod gave the green light for your suggestion of a thread styling the blue dress that so many players hate!!!

Hopefully this goes for Nia's suggestion too :)

This is awsome! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :D

Andriod player