Options

General Complaints Thread

Comments

• Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Someone pointed out recently that only the tasks that have a countdown clock on them are included in Weekend Events and give us event stars.
    [/URL]

But doesn't the illustration show that the Lif wrap party HAD a countdown clock?

And why would that make any difference. I'm not griping about you or the person who said it, I'm literally asking (not you, it's rhetorical.) A party is a party, a party event is supposed to count when the event description says "parties with five stars."
  • Options
    Sorry you are feeling bad Vats.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    I'm devastated, tired and confused. People talk to me, but I'm totally disconnected seems that everything is in slow motion.

My god I'm so angry with myself for being so stupid and for letting a game, yeah a simple game take such immense proportions in my life, what's wrong with me?

Yesterday I spent the whole day with my thoughts turned to this event and I couldn't sleep at night in an endless vigil waiting for a new long hair style just to in the morning find out that once again my nightmare came true.

I don't have the guts that some people here have to chase that hair, not after Brad Pitt's hair, which still makes me upset after a considerable time.

This is the fourth long hair style that comes in boxes, and it's terrible to know that I'll never get any of them, since the only chance comes from the throwback boxes, yes boxes, what is the chance?

And maybe the point that makes me more disturbed in all this, is that whoever gave ammunition to injure me like that was exactly myself, I couldn't say for sure before this morning that was an outfit based on the character 'Legolas', could just be an archer, but after seeing the necklace I was sure that's Legolas, and that was my idea! Yes my idea, my idea again being incorporated into the game and I can't enjoy it ... it's a very strange feeling, I haven't made a suggestion about it on the official thread, it was at a random thread where we're talking about hair, I can't say what does that mean, should I fell honored again by the memory?

The worst part is that I can't drop it, as does me no good and yet I'm here and I'll grind until the end of the event.

Last week I got sick because of the game, ridiculous I know, but I just wanted to have some fun, but looking how things are right now I'm sure this story definitely hasn't a fun end.

Oh Vats I know how much you can put yourself into the game. That cream top for me was Vat's Hair. The suggestions they use, should be earned items or for sale. Do you want to talk? I'm usually the one who has a morning of the event freak out. I know how they feel. I'm sorry you're in that place now. Big Hugs.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    But doesn't the illustration show that the Lif wrap party HAD a countdown clock?

And why would that make any difference. I'm not griping about you or the person who said it, I'm literally asking (not you, it's rhetorical.) A party is a party, a party event is supposed to count when the event description says "parties with five stars."

No, the wrap party at Lif was from a different storyline. My doll was invited to this party by a "mysterious stranger." She missed him at the party but heard he was dressed as a skeleton. After I finished that party, the "mysterious stranger" called again and invited Dixie to a party at the Black Rabbit in Australia.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Vats -- I'm so sorry that the Legolas costume is in the boxes. Everyone in the Event thread this morning was upset for you because we all want you to get that hair.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts

Hi. I'm 'someone' :) I was explaining to a poster that regular professional gigs (photoshoot etc) or dating tasks would not pay event stars during a Party Event Weekend. When I saw your post, I thought, yeah, it's a party, that makes sense points should be given out.......but then I realized that they specify House Parties, don't they? The person asking was not sure which gigs to do for event points. And, from my own experience of doing tasks that didn't pay out in event points, I learned quickly that if it doesn't have a finish by time, or if it's not the type of event themed for the weekend then it's not going to give event points. I wanted to add 'context' to what was quoted. :)

(Just checked the screen graphic with the mermaid outfit it says "Parties at Home" so...that's why you didn't get the event points for the party.) Sorry.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Wasn't trying to kill the messenger(s) was just really confused.

And irked at Glu I guess, for not making the event rules more plain.

I know I usually click into an event when I'm half asleep - either woke up middle of the night for various reasons or early in the A.M. half asleep and dive in.

I had not received the Boji Motorcycle Party at Lif in Miami yet. So the only one I had for frame of reference at my last time posting here was the Lif in Miami Wrap Party.

I couldn't make sense of why the timeline or not would matter.

It seems like some jobs count during events. Even party events. And some don't. This part explains it to me:
    if it's not the type of event themed for the weekend then it's not going to give event points.

Thing is I can never remember the storyline or text I just click through. Somoetimes it's a day or two before I actually do that job. So to me it was just Lif in Miami, and a party.

To add to the confusion, the Boji Motorcycle Party, a job at Lif in Miami, DID pay out event currency:

hV6o8h8.png

But I didn't know it was an EVENT related party Holly referred to, her post just said "timeline or not" etc. I did appreciate the reply and attempt to help.

What I'm saying I guess is that Glu should give more of an explanation and say EXACTLY what will count during the event and or what will not. A click through to a paragraph explanation if necessary. I know there are people like me out there who don't read the forums and don't understand why some jobs count, some don't. Maybe they remember the storyline was event related or maybe not.

Really the mysterious stranger bit just reminded me of the Mark Twain story. It didn't scream Halloween. So there's that too.

Of course it's gonna seem obvious to those who remember the storylines better or after the fact.

So I will just have to repeat 'only jobs that begin and end during the event will count,' like a mantra each weekend event; and 'only if they are related to the event theme,' and hope I can figure out which are which in future.

Thanks.
  • Options
    BTW I assume the two other party related JOBS count in event currency, til we meet Mysterious Stranger? Someone spoilered who that will be, I hope it is wrong, because I hope it is someone new.

SPOILER ALERT don't look at the pic if you did not begin the Mysterious Stranger jobs yet.

VG7Azwb.png

Does that one count as event currency also? Thanks.

BTW the response fit me exactly...how did Glu know in advance?! LOL :p
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    BTW I assume the two other party related JOBS count in event currency, til we meet Mysterious Stranger? Someone spoilered who that will be, I hope it is wrong, because I hope it is someone new.

SPOILER ALERT don't look at the pic if you did not begin the Mysterious Stranger jobs yet.

VG7Azwb.png

Yes it does. In general event gigs have the time in hrs the gig is going to become available in and the time you have to complete that gig (the first day it will be 2 days and 00:00:00 hrs or whatever time is left to complete the event.

Screenshot_2015-10-31-00-52-57.png

See?. Here you can see the event horn saying there are 2d left in the event and the second timer in the task tab saying Garrett has 2 day to complete the vegas gig and that this party will be available to him in 5hrs 5m.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options

VG7Azwb.png

Yes, the party in Australia does pay out. After it, you will be invited by the mysterious stranger to a party in Las Vegas.

I think it's awesome that motorcycle party paid out for you. I haven't seen anyone else on the Forum sharing that it happened to them.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Wasn't trying to kill the messenger(s) was just really confused.

And irked at Glu I guess, for not making the event rules more plain.

I know I usually click into an event when I'm half asleep - either woke up middle of the night for various reasons or early in the A.M. half asleep and dive in.

I had not received the Boji Motorcycle Party at Lif in Miami yet. So the only one I had for frame of reference at my last time posting here was the Lif in Miami Wrap Party.

I couldn't make sense of why the timeline or not would matter.

It seems like some jobs count during events. Even party events. And some don't. This part explains it to me:

Thing is I can never remember the storyline or text I just click through. Somoetimes it's a day or two before I actually do that job. So to me it was just Lif in Miami, and a party.

To add to the confusion, the Boji Motorcycle Party, a job at Lif in Miami, DID pay out event currency:

hV6o8h8.png

But I didn't know it was an EVENT related party Holly referred to, her post just said "timeline or not" etc. I did appreciate the reply and attempt to help.

What I'm saying I guess is that Glu should give more of an explanation and say EXACTLY what will count during the event and or what will not. A click through to a paragraph explanation if necessary. I know there are people like me out there who don't read the forums and don't understand why some jobs count, some don't. Maybe they remember the storyline was event related or maybe not.

Really the mysterious stranger bit just reminded me of the Mark Twain story. It didn't scream Halloween. So there's that too.

Of course it's gonna seem obvious to those who remember the storylines better or after the fact.

So I will just have to repeat 'only jobs that begin and end during the event will count,' like a mantra each weekend event; and 'only if they are related to the event theme,' and hope I can figure out which are which in future.

Thanks.

That must have been a lucky glitch then because I usually do the gigs that are related to the weekend events. I remembered that only one time that I made a mistake and did two gigs at once on my game. Thank goodness I have a car and the private jet to complete both gigs at the same time. I did a gig that was relatable to the weekend event and the other one was a storyline gig. The storyline gig didn't give me any event points but the gig that's related to the weekend event gave me event points after I completed them.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    The Boji Motorcycle Party was an event related job. It was at Lif in Miami and it was the first in the Mysterious Stranger trio of jobs.

I just didn't know about it when Holly first posted to me with the graphic about a party at Lif in Miami so I thought she was talking about the same one I was before - the Wrap Party. Different job though. The Wrap Party turned out not to be event related.

I didn't know any of this until afterward, and since some event jobs usually pay out I thought that anything with "party" in it would be a clue that it was event related.

Hope that helps clarify what I meant.

The pix I posted are of the Motorcycle Party/First Mysterious Stranger part.

It happened AFTER my first post wondering why the party job did not pay. BOTH parties were at Lif in Miami making it more confusing at first...but there's no glitch, the Boji party was the name of the Lif in Miami Mysterious Stranger gig.
  • Options
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Here you can see the event horn saying there are 2d left in the event and the second timer in the task tab saying Garrett has 2 day to complete the vegas gig and that this party will be available to him in 5hrs 5m.

By countdown clock, I thought Holly meant "available in 6 hours" which we always see. (Countdown til the job is available to start?)

The timer of when the job will not be available any more: that is something else. If it is only on event related jobs I guess I didn't think about or notice it that often.

I usually do NOT do the JOBS during events at all, unless it is a JOB event. Even in JOB events, not all jobs count...Sometimes it's only certain types of jobs, such as 'all modeling events' or whatever. And truth be told I can never figure out that part either. I just do jobs that sound like what it said and hope for the best. LOL
  • Options
    I think it's awesome that motorcycle party paid out for you. I haven't seen anyone else on the Forum sharing that it happened to them.

Yes they did, it was the same party :) Boji Motorcycle Party = First Mysterious Stranger party, at Lif in Miami. :)

The pix I posted were proof of it but it is the same party you posted a graphic about.

One reason I started taking pix of stuff is it it so hard to remember the job names like Boji Motorcycle or Italian Design Event, I mean, I never really care, I just click when it's up.

BTW that pic shows the doll in the tights and red shoes with the Queen of Hearts costume. Like we said in another thread, looks a lot better, doesn't it?!
  • Options
    The Boji Motorcycle Party was an event related job. It was at Lif in Miami and it was the first in the Mysterious Stranger trio of jobs.

I just didn't know about it when Holly first posted to me with the graphic about a party at Lif in Miami so I thought she was talking about the same one I was before - the Wrap Party. Different job though. The Wrap Party turned out not to be event related.

I didn't know any of this until afterward, and since some event jobs usually pay out I thought that anything with "party" in it would be a clue that it was event related.

Hope that helps clarify what I meant.

The pix I posted are of the Motorcycle Party/First Mysterious Stranger part.

It happened AFTER my first post wondering why the party job did not pay. BOTH parties were at Lif in Miami making it more confusing at first...but there's no glitch, the Boji party was the name of the Lif in Miami Mysterious Stranger gig.

So you meant to tell me that it was the same gig related to the weekend event but with a different name? Oh wow! I never saw that happened on my game before during the weekend events.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    No I think it has the same name for everybody.

Studying the pix will show - it was called Boji Motorcycle Party but it's also where the Mysterious Stranger said to meet them.

It was at Lif in Miami.

They were not there, so the next call talked about Oz. (Australia.) The next Mysterious Stranger job, that pays in event currency, will be at Black Rabbit in Sydney.
  • Options
    No I think it has the same name for everybody.

Studying the pix will show - it was called Boji Motorcycle Party but it's also where the Mysterious Stranger said to meet them.

It was at Lif in Miami.

They were not there, so the next call talked about Oz. (Australia.) The next Mysterious Stranger job, that pays in event currency, will be at Black Rabbit in Sydney.

Well from Holly 's post, on her screenshot I remembered the name of the first gig on my game is called Miami Mystery. That's the gig that's related to this weekend's event. The next one that I'm gonna do is Sydney Mystery.

42246BC5-8BB5-4ACF-882B-456616CD5083_zpsx8l3x3fd.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Well from Holly 's post, on her screenshot I remembered the name of the first gig on my game is called Miami Mystery. That's the gig that's related to this weekend's event. The next one that I'm gonna do is Sydney Mystery.

I guess it is just a mystery! Lol
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts

The actual party names ARE different for people even though they are for the weekend event. You can go to your tweets history, and see the name of the event related party you did at Lif. Mine was called Orchidia Sock Brand's party. It was the first of the mysterious stranger events.

And to clarify yes Polka is correct, the only events of any type that pay out event points, whether it be a party, gig, or dating event, are the jobs that have the limited time left. In your goals list on the lower right of the screen, these will show up with a little clock icon on them. For example right now, on my Sydney Mystery goal, I have the clock that says 1 day 19 hours.
    iOS
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Vats, I'm so so sorry.. The first thing I thought when I saw the male costumes was 'Oh my Vats is going to be really dissapointed' and I was hoping you get it in your free box.. Reading your post makes me MAD to Glu for taking away the fun from the game.. This should be relaxing and fun, that's the point of games (at least for me). I know they should make money, it bussiness too, but come on, it's ridicilous.. To spend all weekend tapping for virtual stuff, and in the end frustrated because u didn't make it or tired as **** because u finally did it in the last hours... It's not fun! It's like a job, where payment is some feeling of satisfaction that usually dissapears Monday morning when you feel sleepy on your real life job because of a game!
    We miss u in the party thread buddy.
    Hugs and kisses,
    S.
    Vats wrote: »
    I'm devastated, tired and confused. People talk to me, but I'm totally disconnected seems that everything is in slow motion.

My god I'm so angry with myself for being so stupid and for letting a game, yeah a simple game take such immense proportions in my life, what's wrong with me?

Yesterday I spent the whole day with my thoughts turned to this event and I couldn't sleep at night in an endless vigil waiting for a new long hair style just to in the morning find out that once again my nightmare came true.

I don't have the guts that some people here have to chase that hair, not after Brad Pitt's hair, which still makes me upset after a considerable time.

This is the fourth long hair style that comes in boxes, and it's terrible to know that I'll never get any of them, since the only chance comes from the throwback boxes, yes boxes, what is the chance?

And maybe the point that makes me more disturbed in all this, is that whoever gave ammunition to injure me like that was exactly myself, I couldn't say for sure before this morning that was an outfit based on the character 'Legolas', could just be an archer, but after seeing the necklace I was sure that's Legolas, and that was my idea! Yes my idea, my idea again being incorporated into the game and I can't enjoy it ... it's a very strange feeling, I haven't made a suggestion about it on the official thread, it was at a random thread where we're talking about hair, I can't say what does that mean, should I fell honored again by the memory?

The worst part is that I can't drop it, as does me no good and yet I'm here and I'll grind until the end of the event.

Last week I got sick because of the game, ridiculous I know, but I just wanted to have some fun, but looking how things are right now I'm sure this story definitely hasn't a fun end.
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    AliBryant wrote: »
    The actual party names ARE different for people even though they are for the weekend event. You can go to your tweets history, and see the name of the event related party you did at Lif. Mine was called Orchidia Sock Brand's party. It was the first of the mysterious stranger events.

And to clarify yes Polka is correct, the only events of any type that pay out event points, whether it be a party, gig, or dating event, are the jobs that have the limited time left. In your goals list on the lower right of the screen, these will show up with a little clock icon on them. For example right now, on my Sydney Mystery goal, I have the clock that says 1 day 19 hours.

I'm 100% positive that it said Miami Mystery on my task list just as it was shown on Holly 's screenshot. Oh I didn't know that some people had different gig names on their games because I think that my game usually gives me the correct names of the gigs for the weekend events. I can't see the name of the last gig that I did on my news feed because I threw so much house parties lol
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options

LOL. I bet Glu never guessed we'd spend so much time debating this. LOL
    Well fortunately enough, I took a screen grab of the payout screen at the end of my "mystery Miami" party. While it wasn't named a Baja Motorcycle party like PolkaDot, it did have another random name (Alpha Fine Goods party) even though it was definitely the "mystery" party from this weekend's event.

7C705073-DDEB-4500-B80E-27120D460F80_zpsli4mftfb.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    It is pretty random that the functions we work have two sets of names! My Miami Mystery gig was the Echelon Watch Co's Party, and the Sydney Mystery gig was Fitzwell Good's Party. I'm impressed that Glu programmers resisted the urge to make stupid puns with the names. I wouldn't have been able to resist. People would be disgusted.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    I didn't bother to take a screenshot of the gigs that are related to the weekend events on my device because I didn't find it to be that important to me at all.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Has this happened to anyone else...
    Last night I decided to buy the bumblebee headband in the baby wardrobe and it says 20k stars, next thing I know they charged me 40K stars. I understand that you can share the wardrobe when you have 2 babies, but I felt like such a bait and switch, grrrr I wouldn't have gotten it if it was 40k stars, I was fine with it costing 20.
    I sent a ticket right away, I hope they do help and return those extra 20k stars they stole from me!!
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks guys for the nice words, you guys rock and is awesome can share my feelings here!

Now I just want to forget and move on, and that's the hard part for me, I count on you to do that!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I'm having a Vat's hair feeling all week long. I've been foolishly chasing the queen of hearts hair & I keep getting c.r.a.p.tastic giftbox items. Like I really didn't need to spend 60 kstars on all that.

So so so sad right now.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    HoneyRavenHoneyRaven Registered Users 145 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    It is pretty random that the functions we work have two sets of names! My Miami Mystery gig was the Echelon Watch Co's Party, and the Sydney Mystery gig was Fitzwell Good's Party. I'm impressed that Glu programmers resisted the urge to make stupid puns with the names. I wouldn't have been able to resist. People would be disgusted.

I cannot tell you how many times I have done the Echelon Watch Co. Event, Luz - just from the standard ones Simon sends through. I think unless it's something like T.O.C or a Vogue type shoot that's part of the main updated storyline, the event names just recycle. Will be watching the names with interest over the next few weekend events to see if that theory is correct
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    You're right! Weekend tasks are often random like Simon's side gigs. The names repeat for me too like Arizona Grill, Boji Motorcycle and other weird names.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Minne623 wrote: »
    Has this happened to anyone else...
    Last night I decided to buy the bumblebee headband in the baby wardrobe and it says 20k stars, next thing I know they charged me 40K stars. I understand that you can share the wardrobe when you have 2 babies, but I felt like such a bait and switch, grrrr I wouldn't have gotten it if it was 40k stars, I was fine with it costing 20.
    I sent a ticket right away, I hope they do help and return those extra 20k stars they stole from me!!
    i think that was a glitch/error. I've purchased that exact item and it was only 20 K stars. I have two babies but that has never affected the price of baby clothes and hairstyles.
    Holly
    I play on iOS