Options

Updated: Don't uninstall or transfer your game before reading this

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I always sell my old phones off when I get a new one. Well, not like soon but in 1-2 months. I'll try to transfer over, but it seems like the chances are really low... And that's getting me worried. Lol I can't believe we're thinking so much for a game.
    PM to add
  • Options
    AnnaCAnnaC Registered Users 1 Posts
    I think it's ridiculous to not have a game be able to save your progress! Every other game out there has a platform to save it.. And especially with the tech market moving so quickly. I've lost all my progress and limited edition items because i accidentally deleted it. My friend can still see my old person though.. I thought there was some glimmer of hope but i doubt it....
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    have you submitted a customer care ticket? Or, you should open a thread with your details - platform, device, level and a brief description of what happened. Sorry you are going through this.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Marie line13Marie line13 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hi, i'M french. I changed ร  phone an i lost my game... my progress is on google play, but don't in a game... I don't understand
  • Options
    I'm sorry this happened Marie. I don't know of any way to save your game, other than the save in the device. If you read through this thread, others may have suggestions, feel free to ask for more help from them, but I have no help to offer. The good news, if you made special purchases, bought any stars or anything in the StarShop, those purchases can be transferred to your new game by submitting a ticket to Customer Care. You could open the ticket, explain you lost the game with the new phone. Ask them if there is anything you can do, and then tell them if you had made purchases. I'm really sorry about this. I have decided to keep my old phone connected through wifi, just for the game when I get a new phone. Maybe it will change in the future but right now there is no way to transfer the game. ;(

Note to Everyone, if you are fluent in French, and want to conversationally translate my message for Marie, that would be appreciated. I'm sure My post is confusing as a second language thing. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ChrissyisprissyChrissyisprissy Registered Users 22 Posts
    I just wanted to share my positive experience. Today I upgraded from the iPhone 4s to the iPhone 6s. I backed up my iCloud and was totally prepared to continue playing KKH on my old device. Imagine my surprise when I get my new phone activated and enter my iCloud password-not only was KKH on the new phone, but I'm still at the same level with all of my cash and K-Stars. I simply double checked that KKH was one of the apps I wanted backed up to iCloud and voila! I hope that everyone else has the same good fortune of continuing their game on a different device :)
  • Options
    OMG, Chrissyisprissy this is wonderful news. Now if someone will post a similar success story for Android, I'll rest easier. Mamma wantsa new phone in a couple of months. But seriously great news.

What version iOS? we just had an update to 9 I think (I should know, because it's my number Bad number 9er, bad bad.)
    Do you have any advice for anyone else trying this? I know people will want to know.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    What I noticed was now after the game loads, the game center notification "Welcome back -username- will appear. I think it hasn't appeared for me for a few months? Or maybe I just remembered wrongly, but after the game update this was the thing that felt different for me. I don't know, anyway I might be changing device soon, so I'll update everyone if I managed to transfer my game.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Good luck Nai. I'm resolved to the idea that my phone may just become a KimKardashian: Hollywood Game device. And I'll keep it just for the game if I can't transfer. Hope this is the sign of good things to come save wise. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    My 4s was running 8.4.1 at the time of my last iCloud back up. When I received my 6s I believe it was 9.0.1, although it has already had an update and is currently running 9.0.2. When I launched the app on the new device I also noticed the gamecenter banner at the top welcoming me back. It is now showing every single time I launch the app.
  • Options
    That's normal, it means you're logged in with Game Center. I think that helps keep your contacts appearing in current appearance, but I could be wrong.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I honestly can't remember the last time the banner has been displayed for me upon launching the game. Now it appears and I am able to play the game on my new device as well as my old one. Not sure if anyone else has been able to do the same. Best of luck to everyone who is upgrading devices soon :)
  • Options
    If you're playing on two devices, you're just really pressing your luck. Customer Care misunderstood my 2 android devices, thinking I was playing one game on two devices and sent me a book, about all the problems with that. If it's working for you good. I wouldn't advise others to try it. You can lose the whole game if you're switching back and forth, and I'm pretty sure since Glu says it's not transferable, they most probably not going to help you do it. I've seen too many people lose games just trying to update equipment.

Glu's bottom line: Don't uninstall or reinstall our game unless they instruct it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RachelKKRachelKK Registered Users 2 Posts
    So what if you have to reset your phone? Can you at least get the cash and stars you paid money for?
  • Options
    Within the past week or so, Glu has enabled both iOS and Android games to be carefully transferred to new devices. The instructions and warnings are in the Help section. Go to the Gameplay section on the right side, and you'll find links for instructions for both platforms.

Please be careful, read through some of the FAQ and Support threads, there is always a chance things won't go right. You have to be very careful, read the instructions till you understand every aspect, and good luck.

If your game has to be reset, you should wait and do that after Glu instructs you there are no other alternatives. If your game has an issue like that, you should be contacting Customer Care and follow their instructions. If your game encountered a problem and you lose your game, you can Contract Customer Care, and upon providing them with receipt info for the cash and stars purchased, and they can often be restored for you.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, please ask. :) Welcome to the forum.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Came to see if there was any new update on this. I'm looking to get a new iPhone soon and it's complete bull that I'll lose everything I worked so hard for on this game. They need to fix this and ASAP. It's really unfair.
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    *facepalm*. I just read your comment, Koko lol. So I signed into iCloud lol. Here's to hoping that when I get my new device, the game transfers over
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    If you're tech savy and know what you're doing, you'll be fine following the instructions. A huge thing that people read and say , yeah, yeah and then ignore is the part about not deleting the game on one device, till you have it safely up and running on the new one. I've seen more people lose games because of that.
    I think it's awesome that Glu without fanfare has been working to make it possible for them to support and enable the transfer and saving of games.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Good thing there is a fix because people upgrade their phones and the amount of real $$ spent on this game is INSANE. And then to find out that you cannot transfer to a new phone. I'm going to read the directions and attempt to transfer. I am getting a new iPhone and if I lose everything AGAIN then I'll find a new game that backs up to at least iCloud to save progress. Sad to lose all your money and progress.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) โ€ข A+++ Player!
    โ€ข Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) โ€ข Comeback #1
    โ€ข Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    โ€ข iOS Player Only โ€ข Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    Do you have the instructions from Glu? for iOS it's here.

Glu Says:

Starting with version 4.1.0 can use iCloud to move your game progress to your new device. Make sure you are updated to 4.1.0 on your original device before proceeding.

You can force the upload to iCloud on the original device by going to your device's Settings/iCloud > Backup and tapping "Back Up Now.". This will ensure that all your apps that support iCloud will be backed up to the cloud.

Your second device - assuming you are using the same Apple account as you used on the original device (under Settings > iTunes & App Store) - should now be able to sync and include your settings for Kim Kardashian Hollywood.

1.) (on device 1) Make sure you're signed-in to iCloud
    2.) (on device 1) Play for a few minutes (to populate cloud with the latest save file).
    3.) (on device 2) Install the game on the new device.
    4.) (on device 2) Sign in to iCloud with the same account used on device 1.
    5.) (on device 2) Launch v4.1.0 on the new device.
    6.) (on device 2) Your original save should now be loaded on the new device and you can continue play.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- This feature is not meant for cross-device play. It was intended to allow you to port an old game to a new device.

- If you continue to play on your old device after transferring your game to the new device you may experience data loss!

- Please play on one device at a time and only delete the game from the old device after you're happy with its performance on the new device.

For further information on using Apple's cloud service to back up your device, visit Apple's site at

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/backup/

Hope this Helps BobbieM. Good luck. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    goldenbeautysgoldenbeautys Registered Users 5 Posts
    I learned this lesson the hard way awhile back.
  • Options
    giandujagianduja Registered Users 3 Posts
    Hello Everyone !

Happy ending game transfer post here :)
    But a bit of stats beforehand :

Devices: Samsung Galaxy S 4 to Samsung galaxy S 6 + Galaxy Tab 4
    Amount of games : 2
    Amount of email adresses : 2

I tried everything I could see online.. the Save of the stardom files under android/data and so forth.. I tried Glu's advice nothing worked. i was pretty disapointed, when, indeed, on some other games, you can download the app on ANY device and simply login with your email/password. We all agree on that so far ! :)

What I did, and what you could do is to download a free official from Samsung (avalaible on Play store and since it's compatible with Apple, someone might check if they can get it from the app store too :)) the app is called : SAMSUNG SMART SWITCH

So here's what you should do :

0/ Do not download KKH on you new device with the intend to log in with your google play account, it will not work as you canot access core files (were you have your saves) manually.

1/ On the Game you wish to transfer make sure, it's logged in with your google play account (If you have 2 games on 2 diferent devices under that very google account, just like me, just create a new google account in your phone and use it to save one of the 2 games) and eventually make a quick quest or date someone to synch it all. Close the Game, clear the recent used apps memory.

2/ Download Smart Switch on both devices (works FROM/TO android and apple and blackberry, hence why it's THAT great). You'll see it's pretty easy, it asks you what kind of device is sending or receiving and so forth.

3/ You can pick what is it you want to transfer .. contacts.. sms... wallpapers... data.... and of course, Apps. You can even chose the apps you wish to transfer, so make sure KKH is there !

4/ When the app says everything had been properly transfered, you'll see that KKH is already there, without you downloading it, and so is your SAVE ! When you load it, you'll have the update going, which is normal, in the login process make sure, you sign in with your google play account liked to the doll you want and game doll should be where you left it !

IF; like me, the doll is not the one you expected I went there too : So Basically I have two games, one on my Samsung Galaxy s4 (boy) and my Galaxy Tab (girl). At first, on my new phone, I ended with the doll from my tablet although I needed the one from the phone I'm about to sell.. Understandable since they were both logged in under my regular google account.

So I simply unsynched my tab game with the google account I wans using for both devices, I created a new account and synchd my tab game with it. I uninstalled KKH and redid steps 3 and 4 therefore, when I logged in with the regular account, on the game transfered on my new phone, the right doll was here !

I understand It's long to read, but it does work, and it's harmless, it's a walk in the park if you have only one Google Play account, truely, and slighty tricky if you have two devices, but if I can do it, so can you !!

xoxo
    Debs
  • Options
    KelbornXKelbornX Registered Users 5 Posts
    Followed Glu's instructions here and... nothing. I open the KKH app on my new phone and get "Unknown issue with Google Play Services". Then it brings up the new character screen.

EDIT:

Got it working. If anyone else is getting that error, follow the instructions here:
    http://www.sourcemasters.co.in/2015/09/solve-unknown-issue-with-google-play-services.html
  • Options
    Naomi77Naomi77 Registered Users 212 Posts
    same thing happened to me I asked why I wasn't able to switch my game over from one samsung to another,all I got was "that is not possible to do" generic answer so I wondered why have it as valid possibility on forum then? simply got shut down with no reply.
  • Options
    I have no knowledge about this, or how, if or why it works, but Naomi tried to transfer her game, Glu told her to start a new one. I know her son is waiting for his 'new phone' when she wipes it and gives it to him, but let's try and flesh this out a little more. Hang on, I'll check the latest FAQ section about this.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yeah thank you so much for the effort Koko but it' s fine really if the game itch starts up (which is most likely scenario here,let's face it lol) will just make up new game with fresh start
  • Options
    Ok, but if you made purchases from the StarShop, you can contact customer care to restore those purchases to your new game. Good luck, and you're a good mom. I know exactly what it must have been like, with him waiting for the phone. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Never did make any actual purchase tbe exchange rate makes it too expensive for me to be to afford it lol oh well will have to squirrel away like last time,hoarding the stars like a nut
  • Options
    I'm sorry I couldn't help. ;( But enjoy the Holidays, and come back with your new game. We'll do lunch. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Koko do NOT apologize woman!! You helped plenty just by hearing me whine about this whole mess lol oh well on the bright side I can go the evil route,for a change,concerning Willow instead of taking high road