Options

Updated: Don't uninstall or transfer your game before reading this

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    suplangdon wrote: »
    Just talked to apple. Looks like I don't have a backup of my old phone on the cloud and since the phone is lost, there isn't really anything they can do. I can try on my desktop to see what backup I have there but Im pretty sure it's a few months. But hey that's still probably better than starting the game all over. I'm obviously upset most about losing all the content I won in events but more importantly the numerous things I bought with gems.

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, i figured this was probably the closest involved thread to try and get some advice.

I am so sorry you weren't backed up. I would definitely use the saved game instead of starting all over. But, now I would contact Customer Care, explain to them, and see if they can help. If you bought stars, they can probably help restore those purchases and you can rebuy some things you had. 1st step was finding out from Apple if your game was on the cloud. Now, glu would be the ones to approach about your lost items.

And please be sure you are set to back up to the cloud. And back up regularly. I got a "You haven't backed up in 2 weeks" announcement yesterday, and I'm going to back up now. The cloud and Apple Support can be your best friend, but you have to back up to it. Good luck, and don't worry about what thread. Trying to restore lost progress will always be a top priority. So, contact customer care, and feel free to post your results here. My fingers are crossed for you.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Valela wrote: »
    because of the game does not uninstall, Then the Backup behind for data files, However the system resumption of mobile, When are mobile still has data files, so this way can remedying fix ?

Hi. I suggested you contact customer care. There is a language problem, you said in French that you wanted to speak English, but you are switching languages mid post, and I have no suggestion other than to contact customer care. Through no fault of your own, you're posting in broken English. I understan that your mobile went through an update and you see your files but it's not working. Other than that, I don't know how to help. It's not clear.

Customer Care is the way to pursue this. And I'm sorry you're having this problem.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    katiecatkatiecat Registered Users 102 Posts
    Does anyone know how long it usually takes for an android game to transfer? I've done everything the faq said and have contacted support but haven't heard from them yet. I still have my save on my old phone so I can sort of keep up that way for a little while, but if I can't get it transferred,to my new phone I don't know that I'll really be able to keep playing, and I've been playing for so long now I'd hate to lose it. :(
    Daily Android player. Wants all the friends.
    Doll: Helena (shows up as Katie).

Currently trying to transfer my game.
  • Options
    My games have transferred immediately, so not knowing why yours isn't happening, there's no answer. If Customer Care is looking into it, it's all in their hands. Customer Care doesn't usually get involved in the transfer of games, but if they are, then you need to wait for their response.

I don't want to suggest you keep trying to do it, because I was told the more your open the game, the further down it gets buried. Very sorry this is happening. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Customer care hasn't answered yet so I'm hoping they do soon. I sent the inquiry on Saturday. I'll just try to be patient and wait to see if they respond. But thanks for the info about not trying too much, else I'd probably keep poking at it in hopes it will work. :(

• Options
    Ok, Let me re-read everything. Last night I saw it was in customer care's hands, and confused you with someone who doesn't have the old device and game operating. BRB. As long as you have the game active, you're not 'burying' that data. you're playing it. Tap a little. Go on a date, keep the old device playable till the new one is on the new device. Hang on. Let me re-read without tired 11pm eyes. LOL.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ok, What are the old and new devices? When I made my transfers, I had the game up and running on my old deice, just so if things got messed up on the new device, I could go back play a little more, make sure I saved it to the cloud and then try again with the new device.

See, if the game hasn't been on the new device....then it's not there to bury, by continuing to try and grab it.

So, let's try again. I have Old Device steps in Blue

1.) (on device 1) visit the Google Play store, look up Kim Kardashian:Hollywood and update to the latest version of the game. you want to ensure you are playing at least v4.1.0 or later. The first time version 4.1.0 is run, it prompts you to allow connection to Google Play.

2.) (on device 1) Make sure you're signed-in to Google Play inside the game (in the game's main screen, game controller icon.)

3.) (on device 1) Play the game for a bit on the current version you have.. Do one or two random projects from Simon (not the story ones, but the generic ones). This will ensure that your save file is current in Google Play.

On the New Device, Device 2 Steps in Purple.

4.) (on device 2) Install the latest version on your new device.

5.) (on device 2) Launch the latest version of the game on your device.

6.) (on device 2) Sign in to Google Play in the game with the same account used on device 1.

7.) (on device 2) Your original save should now be loaded on the new device and you can continue play.

Ok, now this is where the game will or will not show up on your new device. If the game wants you to customize and start over, Close the game on the NEW DEVICE (keep the game open on your old device like the doll's life depends on it, because it does. ;) But no pressure)

After shutting the game down on the New device, Open up again on the new device. I'm going to hope this is where a little box pops up on your NEW DEVICE screen that lists
    Device A with stats like Level, Energy, Cash XP
    and
    Device B with different stats. Probably higher Level, Cash and XP. One device (Prob Device A will be the game you just began and shut down (look at the game level) and Device B will probably have the level at whatever your game level on the old device is. So if this box pops up, choose the right Device. It will then load on your new phone. Open the game, and if all your stuff is there, we say yay, you play for a while, and before you shut down, close the game on the old device, play some more on your new device and rejoice.

If you game has not transferred. shut the new phone down, play a little more on the old device, have some chocolate or wine depending on your age and the time of day, and come back and we'll try again. I hope this makes sense, let me know when you want to try again and I'll stay here for moral support. As long as you have the game on the old device, we can keep trying to switch you over. :)

And if anything isn't clear, just ask and we'll take everything step by step.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Koko you have just given me hope! My old device is a Moto X and the new one is a LG G4 - both android devices. I'll try the transfer again when I get home from work tonight. I must have missed the part where the old game should be open during the process. Good thing I have a bottle of wine waiting for me in case of failure. :)

• Options
    Ok. I'll be around to try and help. I keep the game open because a) I am a great big fraidy cat. My theory (and no one else tells you you have to keep the old game open ) is this.....if the game is up and open on the old device, even if the new device turned your doll into a guy, and made you start from scratch, you can shut that down, and go right back into playing your game. And to me, the last game played, is the freshest. See my lame theory? It's like Bird in the hand is the old device, you've got that, so, hold onto that while you try to grab the birds in the bush. So, it's purely because that is what I've always done (2 ios transfers, and 2 Android transfers, and never lost the game) and it's like a ball players' lucky socks or underwear. So, it's just insurance. When the game doesn't come up on your new device, it's comforting to look at the old phone on the table next to you, and see your doll and all your stuff. Like it's saying, relax...deep breath, I'm still here. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Well, I've tried it several times with no luck so I'm going to play on my old device a bit tonight and try again in the morning. I'm not giving up!

• Options
    Wow, this is maddening. Have you confirmed that your old device is saving to the cloud?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I don't know how to confirm that other than the fact that it's connected to Google play. I had both games open and kept waiting for Google to be like...hey wait a minute there's two games open on one account. But nope. Sigh, I'll keep trying and keep waiting for support to get back to me.

• Options
    Ok, in your settings, Hang on I'll road map it. THere will be a couple of minor differences, but you'll get there on yours.

Settings/ hmmm, ok you want to find in Settings "Backup and Reset" when you get there it should look something like this, except for the purple and stuff. lol.

02b368d7-1681-46dc-8c2e-e6d163d6d4c3_zpsigafvh5p.png~original

They should be set to backup and automatically update. All devices are somewhat different, but you want to get to backup and reset for your device. If you're set to backup, and you have the correct google id listed, you should be good to go.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I found it on my phone and it's all backed up!

• Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    This is how I see your doll in the game :(

F9JUdyY.png

I'm hoping someone from the support staff can help out. You can also check on your Drive, if there's a saved file..

UjQ3Men.png
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Bilal, thank you. I'm going to go see how she looks in my games as well, then maybe the shot of where to find the saved file is great. I'm going to go look for those as well. We HAVE to get her game moved over.

Customer care is going through a lot of tickets from glitches in KK. But as long as the game is alive in one device, when they do respond hopefully they can fix it. But, with the active game on the old device, it doesn't hurt to keep trying. I so wish Android had some major thing like Apple Support for iOS.
    Hmmmm, can you go to the tech people where you got the phone? They usually offer to help with the set up. I'm always asking for help. I'd go there with the phone, and see if they could get your game up. Just don't let them touch the old device with the game. That device is like the Hope Diamond. Keep it safe. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Guys I'm so discouraged and upset. Customer care told me "Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't" and then something about restoring my purchases, as if that will somehow make it better that I'd be losing two years of event items, houses, pets and clothing. As if starting over from zero after two years is even an option. It's not. I'd rather quit than start over because it isn't worth it. I try to say only positive things on the forum and not complain too much but I am honestly so mad and disappointed in Glu right now. They brushed me off with an oh well and that's so insulting to someone who's put so much time into their product.

I'm going to keep trying for a while to transfer it and see if I can find the save file, thanks Bilal.

• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Katie, your doll disappeared from my first game and your doll changed genders on my second game as well which is shown on Bilal screenshot.:(
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    My games show the same outfit and look as Bilal's game. I'm so sorry that's the answer you got from customer care, I wouldn't give up. As long as you're trying with the new device, and keeping the game alive by playing back on that after each new device attempt, you should be safe.

What about my 'where did you get the phone?' question. Is it doable for you to go back to either the service provider or retailer that sold the new device, and ask for their help? First, a little, "I could never do what you do. Just don't have the technical skills like you professionals" or whatever works for you to make them want to help you. I was prepared to go back to the AT*T store and ask them to do it, if it hadn't worked at home.
    I'm sorry, that answer almost sounds like "we don't know why" rather than sometimes it works sometimes not, you know? I have to believe there is a little aspect that we're missing. The FAQs don't say "Now SOME Androids can transfer". So, if you're not tired of trying, let's keep trying to come up with tries. ;)

What if you wrote back to customer care, thank them for their help, but explain how the prospect of losing a years progress, all the things you accumulated that 'special purchases' won't return. Ask if since they have your Good Hollywood ID Number (from the old game) can they maybe give your case to someone else to look in your game at their leisure? Tell them you know it's not rational to be so addicted to your game, how the dolls take on lives of their own, how Glu did such a good job putting the game together, you feel like a loved one being told to pull the plug. If you're polite and just speak from the heart, maybe one more person in Glu's family will take another look.
    Plus, I'll pay attention to what Bilal says about the hidden file, and try what he says about saving it too. We might have to change this thread title to "How I saved my Android game from a cold cruel restart on a new device". I can't help but think it's because of a small missed setting or something. So, to wrap up my early morning ramble
    • Can you return to your provider/retailer and ask for their help in moving it over?
    • Polite request for one more try on Glu's part, along with the Hollywood ID # so they can check your actual game
    • Try to find and copy the game data, and move it to the new device.

So, anything on the list you won't/can't try?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm willing to try all of it, thank you Koko. I won't be able to get back to the store until the weekend but I can try finding the file. I've already written back to Glu to let them know. I checked Drive and it says it's backing up the game so we just have to figure out how to get that game to appear on my phone.

(My doll changed genders because I figured I might as well see what a make game is like while I'm trying to get it to transfer. :) )

• Options
    Maybe when she comes back as the saved game, she'll write an expose about the differences between life as a male doll and female. :) All kidding aside, you have a very good temperament for this. Kalm, Kool, Kollekted. Stands to reason, since the game is there, we will somehow pull it up on the new device.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Okay so it looks like my option is finding time to make it to a Version store. I noticed Google Drive on my old phone doesn't have an area to manage apps, but my new phone does. Hm... I'll get back with y'all when I have a chance to beg the Verizon people to save my game lol.

Edit: sorry for taking over this thread. If I'd known it was going to be this much trouble I would have started my own. Hopefully I figure it out so my experience benefits someone in the future.

Edit edit: Glu replied to me and said there is no way to transfer my data. They didn't even try. They just said if it didn't work the way it says in the faqs then it will not work. At all. And they can't or won't restore the two years of event items I've earned. So if Verizon can't help me then this ordeal is over and I'm done.

• Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I'll pay attention to what Bilal says about the hidden file, and try what he says about saving it too.

Oh no, can't save that file anywhere else. You can just access your Google Drive, and view the contents to make sure the app is synced and the data is being backed-up. Now to retrieve it on your new device from the older one, it should be done automatically once you sign-in to Google Play Games.
    katiecat wrote: »
    I noticed Google Drive on my old phone doesn't have an area to manage apps, but my new phone does.

Yeah, it varies with the OS version and device.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Katie, now I see two dolls so that means on your old device your original doll is still there and on your new device your doll changed into a female again⁉

sg7l7Z.png
    lKSDx7.png
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Oh yeah, I restarted the game on my new device because I'm trying to get Glu to at least give me my event items if they can't transfer my game. I'm starting to lose hope so I'm also toying with the idea of starting over, even though that makes me incredibly sad. I can still play my old game on my old device but it's not like I can really grind during events because it has to be connected to Wi-Fi. I'm just...I'm really upset at Glu because theyre2 writing me off and refusing to help me. (but if they think I'm giving up quietly they have another thing coming haha.)

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh Katie please don't give up!

Nai had a problem with her male game exactly like you, it took about two months, but she succeed!

Try to PM her, maybe she can help you with a tip!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    As Vats thank you! That's a good idea, I'll pm her! :)

• Options
    katiecat wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I restarted the game on my new device because I'm trying to get Glu to at least give me my event items if they can't transfer my game. I'm starting to lose hope so I'm also toying with the idea of starting over, even though that makes me incredibly sad. I can still play my old game on my old device but it's not like I can really grind during events because it has to be connected to Wi-Fi. I'm just...I'm really upset at Glu because theyre2 writing me off and refusing to help me. (but if they think I'm giving up quietly they have another thing coming haha.)

I'm rooting for you. Don't lose hope. There has to be a solution to transfer your game into your new device.

Oh I have an idea. Maybe you should try to PM Nai. I haven't seen on the forums all week long. She's been MIA. But she had a very similar experience like you and Glu couldn't help her so she took matter into her own hands. She successfully transfer Jax on her new device.

Edit: Dang Vats! Great minds think alike all of the time tee hee hee
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your support. Currently Glu is still adamant that they can't do anything for me (though I think it's that they won't, I'm sure they have the capability to do something) so now I'm crossing my fingers that Nai can help me.

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Katie, today Helena is showing up with her regular look after few days looking as a new player, so does the transfer worked?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!