Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

Comments

• pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    I wish this had taken place when I was totally locked out of my game last week and missed that outfit! I think it's an interesting idea and I appreciate the creators trying to change things up, but I think it's a miss. My first outfit got 10 points because I didn't win and I'm waiting on the second. I've been voting to help others out but it seems like unless you're a millionaire or have the hack for kstars, it's impossible to finish.
    This could be a lot better. Like we should at least get clothes from designers in honor of fashion week or points from something else in addition to the votes.
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I managed to get to my free gift box but chose one box to the right of the guys top. sigh1 But on a positive note, I ended up winning for this look -

kkh-wl_zpsklphugpt.png

(or, largely this look? I didn't save it as a look book thing and forget which hair I used but I'd bet this style)
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I just ran into a minor-ish glitch. I was voting and then it showed like a bunch of random rounds of people just popping up. My internet is high, and the glitch kind of freaked me out.

I've had that exact glitch a few times now.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Cordelia89Cordelia89 Registered Users 86 Posts
    This isn't very fun. I've submitted two outfits now and lost both times and if what I've seen while voting is any indicator, my doll is well-dressed. I'm wondering if I even show up for people to vote for. I don't like this. It's gonna be a slow weekend. I just opened my gift box and won 40 stars... *sigh*
    Add me on GC: mirabella891025! Would love to play with all you lovelies! ^_^
    Cordelia89 wrote: »
    This isn't very fun. I've submitted two outfits now and lost both times and if what I've seen while voting is any indicator, my doll is well-dressed. I'm wondering if I even show up for people to vote for. I don't like this. It's gonna be a slow weekend. I just opened my gift box and won 40 stars... *sigh*

If you'd like, post your doll here before you submit your outfit. We will offer suggestions.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Is it weird that I'm voting for the players with no bottoms glitch?

Every time one pops up it has me ctfu 😂 😂
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    DMV_Doll wrote: »

Every time one pops up it has me ctfu �� ��

Brilliant!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    OK so this is the second look that I chose for my doll. I'm so nervous for my doll lol. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for this one.
    tmp_10480_Screenshot_2015_09_11_19_42_31_1615001.png
    image hosting 12mb
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Is it weird that I found someone with the EXACT same outfit? XD
  • Katherine.Katherine. Registered Users 66 Posts
    2dkkdgz.jpg
    Do you guys have any critiques for this outfit?
    I accidentally submitted a fancy gown outfit before I realized it was meant to be city themed, haha. I'll have to wait it out.
    My Game Center is HHANNAH99, feel free to add me!
    Is it weird that I found someone with the EXACT same outfit? XD

Yeah that's very strange. Players will usually style the entire wardrobe differently.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts

Me too!! Every time I'm just like, yep you win, girl-in-knickers. You get my vote.
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
    Katherine. wrote: »
    Do you guys have any critiques for this outfit?
    I accidentally submitted a fancy gown outfit before I realized it was meant to be city themed, haha. I'll have to wait it out.

I think most players aren't focusing on a "city theme" so don't worry about that.

I would take the bracelet off. I think it looks strange with that long sleeve.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Katherine.Katherine. Registered Users 66 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I think most players aren't focusing on a "city theme" so don't worry about that.

I would take the bracelet off. I think it looks strange with that long sleeve.

Thank you, I will!
    And yeah, probably. I'll try to stick with the theme for the rest of the weekend, though.
    My Game Center is HHANNAH99, feel free to add me!
    My game keeps crashing after like every five votes? Why is this happening right now.
  • IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    If I had a dollar for every time someone submitted an outfit with the grey crop top or black and gold Balmain dress.... *sigh*
    Katherine. wrote: »
    Thank you, I will!
    And yeah, probably. I'll try to stick with the theme for the rest of the weekend, though.

I'm sticking to the city theme too. I didn't want to go off topic. I'm loving it so far to style my doll since in real life I'm waiting for fall to arrive in NYC.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

So my doll is almost ready for her first child. I don't remember seeing this dating achievement there. Is it new or something? I remembered that I'm maxed out on the other dating achievement.
    tmp_31909_Screenshot_2015_09_11_20_02_09_1615001.png
    adult picture hosting
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

If I had a dollar for every time someone submitted an outfit with the grey crop top or black and gold Balmain dress.... *sigh*

Amen. It's ridiculous how many dolls are in that grey top.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I've gotten 2 of those pantless wonders. I voted for them each time. I figure, it takes a lot of confidence to go out in public with no pants, so good for them and their vision. Whether or not I agree with it.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Amen. It's ridiculous how many dolls are in that grey top.

Tell me about! I've seen WAY too many people wearing the gray crop top, comeback outfits, or even something such as swimsuit. And I'm having MAJOR glitches wth the guys. This event is VERY glitchy.
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    I've gotten 2 of those pantless wonders. I voted for them each time. I figure, it takes a lot of confidence to go out in public with no pants, so good for them and their vision. Whether or not I agree with it.
    The ones I've seen are actually dolls that are missing the bottom part of a dress (the player might actually believe their avatar is not going around new york in their undies), so I believe there is a little perv in the glu team lol. If I can catch one I'll show you guys my theory. They're getting my vote too because...well they don't know they are showing the underware!!
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    Tell me about! I've seen WAY too many people wearing the gray crop top, comeback outfits, or even something such as swimsuit. And I'm having MAJOR glitches wth the guys. This event is VERY glitchy.
    That's why I stopped voting. These players didn't put much effort and thought into styling their dolls. The ones that has no fashion sense needs to find a fashion stylist ASAP.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• LxtwnLxtwn Registered Users 56 Posts
    Ok so, at first I was a bit ticked off about the whole idea of not having much control over winning but, now I'm kind of ok with it.
    I also think this should have been a mid-week event, instead of a weekend one.
    When it comes to voting, when I see two dolls with npc-like-clothes I usually vote for the one I see with a ring --like the ones we get when we get married-- because that (hopefully!) means there's a real player behind that doll.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Weekend event clothing inspiration

PhotoGrid_1442017136015_zpss3ucqx3p.jpg

PhotoGrid_1442017595472_zpsry0yir4y.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    We can always count on DMV to find the inspiration outfits! Thanks!!!

P.s. I normally love Khloé but that outfit is not flattering on her.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Let's not forget we're having a dance party!

[video=youtube_share;UgI0jJakskw]http://youtu.be/UgI0jJakskw[/video]
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • SabinaCSabinaC Registered Users 200 Posts
    Here's my gray shirt combo:

2pruukp.jpg

Once again, no event for Facebook.
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts

Me too!! Hahaha plus on some the top is the only thing coming up so I know what dress they have on :)
    GC Minne622
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    was gonna show off my look but seeing people's comments about the grey top which was in my first look, the basic black shoes which are in my 2nd look, and others yeah no.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College