Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

Comments

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    was gonna show off my look but seeing people's comments about the grey top which was in my first look, the basic black shoes which are in my 2nd look, and others yeah no.

Oh no.... I hope your feelings weren't hurt. I really love grey top. I bought it the day it was released. It's just strange that there are soooo many gray tops on voting challenge.

How are you doing so far on this event? How many ticks/checkmarks did you earn from the voting challenge ?

Edited to add: the only reason people were complaining about the black strapped shoe is because it made them think they were getting NPC dolls imstead of real people in the voting challenge. Since those shoes are free and available from the very beginning, we see them on NPC a lot.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    If I had a dollar for every time someone submitted an outfit with the grey crop top or black and gold Balmain dress.... *sigh*

I used that dress the first time and won :p
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    //Debates whether to be a sell out and wear that grey top for votes//
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
    My 80s look did not attract the vote so next time I am submitting this outfit.

mhINdLA.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Jesse is not having much luck with the event so far! Lost with this look and I though it was very "city" chic. I guess people don't like trench coats on guys anymore?

eEeCu8F.jpg

This is the one I tried after. Maybe a more casual look works? What do you guys think?

z70B96s.jpg
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Yes, I like the 2nd look on Jesse.

KaylaJ, I apologize if my comments about the grey top and basic black shoes offended you. Its a cute top and I bought it the day it came out, but sooooooooo many players that I have to vote on are wearing it .... It's overkill
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Eselletea wrote: »
    Jesse is not having much luck with the event so far! Lost with this look and I though it was very "city" chic. I guess people don't like trench coats on guys anymore?

eEeCu8F.jpg

This is the one I tried after. Maybe a more casual look works? What do you guys think?

z70B96s.jpg

both of these are cute! I'd have voted for the first if I'd seen it & will keep my eyes peeled for #2

I've submitted 3(?) so far and won once so hopefully #4 will also be successful -

tumblr_nujm22fvnV1qfvh9po1_1280_zpsmh3e54cm.png

wish me luck!!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I understand a lot of people wearing the grey top but not only is it new but it's also very versatile. We don't get very many shirts that look can look nice or kinda dressed up with the pants and skirts and I've seen plenty of nice ways people have used them. I don't mean to call out anyone, it just takes a bit of fun out of the game knowing you may get voted down cause you're wearing this or that. I wasn't able to be around much today and lost twice, if only I had known sooner. When I've been voting I've been voting for what I like best even if it's an outfit or shirt or shoes I've seen over and over.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • DannilionDannilion Registered Users 19 Posts
    No-one liked my purple dress combo. I'm thinking of submitting this next.

jdMWW1z.jpg
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Does anyone know how many outfits can fit inside of the Lookbook? I tried to submit my second outfit and it keeps on saying that it's full and I have to delete a outfit. I don't think that my second oufit went through. This game is pretty glitchy.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

That's cute! What did your first look like?

Thanks for the input on Jesse's outfit DMV_Doll & Andrzej_S! :)
    Does anyone know how many outfits can fit inside of the Lookbook? I tried to submit my second outfit and it keeps on saying that it's full and I have to delete a outfit. I don't think that my second oufit went through. This game is pretty glitchy.

The lookbook is not the same thing as submitting an outfit to be voted on. Which are you trying to do?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Danni --- I think that looks nice. How were you able to put a skirt over the romper?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    I'm not down voting or purposely voting against any outfit that has the grey top. If it's a nice outfit I'll vote for it regardless. I just notice in my game personally that all of the voting is grey top combo vs grey top combo or grey top vs Balmain dress. Since that's all I'm seeing it makes voting dull for me.
    Who should I pick?

9e1q0wW.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • lespritdescalierlespritdescalier Registered Users 66 Posts
    good gracious, i feel bad for all the people who are just starting the game or don't have real life money to spend on k stars to get unique items!

i love the gray crop top, so i usually throw my vote that way. i also vote for naked people because that's unfortunate. and i totally vote for looks that are cheap/basic level if they are styled nicely, because everyone deserves to enjoy the game and have success at getting the prizes, regardless of how they are dressed!

anyway, i'm enjoying the change of pace. i like that the prizes max at 255 points instead of 600. it seems do-able that way. anyway, keep posting pics of the outfits you choose so i can give you votes if i come across you! <3

here are the outfits i've done today. miraculously, i've won each time. i am not certain that that, in and of itself, wasn't a glitch. :p
    a2a2srq.jpg
    I'm not down voting or purposely voting against any outfit that has the grey top. If it's a nice outfit I'll vote for it regardless. I just notice in my game personally that all of the voting is grey top combo vs grey top combo or grey top vs Balmain dress. Since that's all I'm seeing it makes voting dull for me.

I agree Ilana. If the outfit using the gray top is the best outfit, I vote for it. I also think that the gray top is very versatile. It just gets boring for me as a voter to see so many outfits using the same piece.

P.s. If you wear Wolf avatar hair, you get my vote. Always.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    HollySisk wrote: »
    The lookbook is not the same thing as submitting an outfit to be voted on. Which are you trying to do?

I wanted to save & submit my look but my second outfit wasn't saved. I think that I will have to wait another four more hrs to try again.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Very nice looks lespritdescalier!

What do you guys think of this?

sIOrg5x.jpg
  • DelphineDelphine Registered Users 70 Posts
    Looks great, Eselletea!

I got 24 votes for my last look, woohoo! This is my next look- hope the people like it..

ka8dZMT.jpg

EDIT: Oops- forgot to change the shoes. They are nude to match the outfit. I didn't even know we had this in the closet.
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    I am 12 points away from the dress. I have an 1hr and 4m before I can submit another look.
    ...and i totally vote for looks that are cheap/basic level if they are styled nicely, because everyone deserves to enjoy the game and have success at getting the prizes, regardless of how they are dressed!

anyway, i'm enjoying the change of pace. i like that the prizes max at 255 points instead of 600. it seems do-able that way. anyway, keep posting pics of the outfits you choose so i can give you votes if i come across you! <3

I'm glad that the points are lower this weekend. There are so many glitches and such confusion trying to figure out this new game that it would be a nightmare if there was also the pressure to get 600 points.

I'm voting a lot. I know I'm just one person but hopefully my votes help people "win" instead of "lose."
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

sIOrg5x.jpg

I really like those shoes. I finally got the box and of course got the money, been one of those wekeends :(
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I'm glad that the points are lower this weekend. There are so many glitches and such confusion trying to figure out this new game that it would be a nightmare if there was also the pressure to get 600 points.

I'm voting a lot. I know I'm just one person but hopefully my votes help people "win" instead of "lose."

me too, ms. sisk! maybe there are more of 'us' out there. :o

sIOrg5x.jpg

thank you! and i like your look! the chanel bag strap and bracelet metallic tones look great together.
    Delphine wrote: »
    Looks great, Eselletea!

I got 24 votes for my last look, woohoo! This is my next look- hope the people like it..

ka8dZMT.jpg

EDIT: Oops- forgot to change the shoes. They are nude to match the outfit. I didn't even know we had this in the closet.

How do you know who voted for you? My game didn't tell me since the voters are anonymous⁉
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

This event sucks. I don't understand why when I did the gigs related to this weekend event I didn't even get event points on the second gig. Uggghhh😔
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I wish I could see you guys and give you a vote! I haven't seen too many cute outfits most are just awful and tacky lol. Everyone here is so stylish.
  • Katherine.Katherine. Registered Users 66 Posts
    Just a question, when are we meant to receive the votes? I've been submitting outfits and waiting the 4 hours and I haven't gotten any closer to the free event box.
    My Game Center is HHANNAH99, feel free to add me!
    Try closing your game out and reopening it! You should receive the points then.