Options

Weekend Event 11/06/15 ~ Happy Scorpio/Sagittarian Birthdays

14567810Next

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Pick the dress that you like most, BUT I did love first, and the 'special task' is the most inconvenient thing. I thought I never wanted to do another comeback, but, the other comeback's 'special tasks' are actually good. But if your dating place is "Oak" be prepared to have a choice between spending 8Energy+200K$, and the 9Energy Special Task, when all you need is one tiny 1 or 2 energy task to complete the date. I've ended up with those two choices more times than I can remember. But, the dress is awesome, so go with the dress you want.

And congratulations. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Thanks koko! I actually like the love dress the most.... Buuut, I dont date, haha except when its a dating event. But is the two other helpful on weekend events?
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Katinkae wrote: »
    Thanks koko! I actually like the love dress the most.... Buuut, I dont date, haha except when its a dating event. But is the two other helpful on weekend events?

All of them give you a special button that costs 9 energies but pays out extra coins and a free energy. This button will appear randomly during your gigs that relate to the specific theme. I'm on my third Comeback now. I did fashion, then love, then money. Of the three, I definitely use the special button during a "love" (dating) gig the least. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think the special button makes a big enough difference that I would pass on an outfit I really liked the best.

The best thing about a Comeback is that it increases the energy you can earn by 3.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    AliBryant wrote: »
    Word on Facebook is that this weekend is a Show Your Style voting event! I REALLY hope we can win more Karl clothes! The official page posted this pic today, new outfit on the left!:

12239616_739970889441960_8662976157264878364_n.jpg?oh=d2dc7fd85dfdef706627b93f0c1c1d97&oe=56AC9281

Yay! I love voting events. They do take a little longer than most other events but imo they're a lot more fun than just doing gigs or parties over and over again
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    Then what's the point of a fashion voting events if we can't be creative when we're dressing up our dolls? When I won & lost for some of my doll's outfits, the anonymous voters were basically critiquing my originality when it comes to dressing up my doll. It's kinda boring for me to play it safe when it comes to fashion. I rather take risks when I'm dressing up my doll because it makes fashion more interesting.

You have every right to be creative but it's kind of like Free Speech: people have the freedom to say whatever they want in our country but that doesn't mean that there isn't a price to pay if what they say isn't "popular" or in line with prevailing opinion. You have the power to decide if you want to "take risks" so that you find it "more interesting" but the Voters don't have to like your risks or reward them. The whole point of a vote is that voters choose which option they like better. You say the Voters are "critiquing your originality" but they are critiquing both contestant's fashion choices.
    Since it's a contest that pits just two looks against each other, there is a winner and a loser. Every time. Therefore you may have to decide if your goal is "winning" or being "original."
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    You have every right to be creative but it's kind of like Free Speech: people have the freedom to say whatever they want in our country but that doesn't mean that there isn't a price to pay if what they say isn't "popular" or in line with prevailing opinion. You have the power to decide if you want to "take risks" so that you find it "more interesting" but the Voters don't have to like your risks or reward them. The whole point of a vote is that voters choose which option they like better. You say the Voters are "critiquing your originality" but they are critiquing both contestant's fashion choices.
    Since it's a contest that pits just two looks against each other, there is a winner and a loser. Every time. Therefore you may have to decide if your goal is "winning" or being "original."

I don't view my fashion choices as freedom of speech. I look at fashion as a form of self-expression. I thought that fashion is considered to be art so when I styled my doll, I'm basically making a statement because I want my doll's outfits to stand out.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Yay! I love voting events. They do take a little longer than most other events but imo they're a lot more fun than just doing gigs or parties over and over again

Funny thing, I was dropping hints about his last week when I spilled about the 4 Part Weekend Extravaganza last week. heh heh heh. All you had to do was ask.
    Cochran_zps0lj6vu9v.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    I don't view my fashion choices as freedom of speech. I look at fashion as a form of self-expression. I thought that fashion is considered to be art so when I styled my doll, I'm basically making a statement because I want my doll's outfits to stand out.

I think that was true a few years back. Now with fast fashion in the game, fashion is pretty much a business. Of course, people that love high fashion and do avant garde fashion still propel the thinking of those that are lower in the creative chain but fashion is no longer a world of fantasy and art in my opinion, not for the general public that is the one voting for the outfits...plus, you can't expect everyone to understand your choices and like them. So, in a contest people is going to be brutal and choose whatever they feel looks better in their eyes. There is no point in suffering Carol, really, you choose what you believe is good and makes a statement for your doll and people decide if they like it or not is as sad and as simple as that. But you can keep on doing your thing, don't look for acceptance outside, if you love it and you wear it, enjoy!...let the boring people of the world pick the commun everyday colors and be free to be different and break limits.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options

Special task costs 9 energy, gives back 1 energy, some cash, xp and 12 stars. (I haven't counted recently, but I do remember thinking 12 stars for 8 energy was 'ok' but only if I needed the full task. It replaces some smaller tasks, and in dating, the Special task seems very expensive energywise. I guess I'm not that enamored with spending 9, getting 12 payout. I have taken a few screenshots, where I'm sitting there in Oak, I need one more star to drop to complete my date, and the 8Energy$200, and the 9 energy Special task are all that are available for tapping. Before the Love Comeback, there's be a few 1,2 or 3 energy tasks. So, this is just my complaining about the Dating special task.

I would still go ahead grab the love guru dress, and just accept the most inconvenient special task as part of the game. I've done all three, love the 43 energy capacity, and adore the 3 dresses. The dating Special Task is like the yearly Gyno visit. Just do it and get it over with. ;) I think the Love Guru Comeback is calling your name. My first advice stands. Go with the dress you love. :) But feel free to complain about that special task.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    I agree with Stardust1, Carol. I like your sense of style, and I love how much effort you put into dressing your doll. As long as you are satisfied, that's all that matters. In a contest, however, it's not about what YOU like, it's about appealing to the voters. I hope you stick to your style and, that Carol Davida does well when the voting begins.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Options
    Then what's the point of a fashion voting events if we can't be creative when we're dressing up our dolls? When I won & lost for some of my doll's outfits, the anonymous voters were basically critiquing my originality when it comes to dressing up my doll. It's kinda boring for me to play it safe when it comes to fashion. I rather take risks when I'm dressing up my doll because it makes fashion more interesting.

This echos real life. Designers are constantly weighing whether to give in to what the public wants, or be true to their artistic talent which might not be so popular. Look at Kanye's designs. He follows the Artist inside, and his clothes are not terribly popular.

You have to decide for yourself whether to show your inner designer, or take the more commercial approach, and give the people what they want. Or, try a mix. I would accessorize to show my artistic style, while wearing the "Knockout" dress. Maybe that's what happens in the designer studio. A blend of commercial appeal with personal expression.

Play it the way you want to. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Special task costs 9 energy, gives back 1 energy, some cash, xp and 12 stars. (I haven't counted recently, but I do remember thinking 12 stars for 8 energy was 'ok' but only if I needed the full task. It replaces some smaller tasks, and in dating, the Special task seems very expensive energywise. I guess I'm not that enamored with spending 9, getting 12 payout. I have taken a few screenshots, where I'm sitting there in Oak, I need one more star to drop to complete my date, and the 8Energy$200, and the 9 energy Special task are all that are available for tapping. Before the Love Comeback, there's be a few 1,2 or 3 energy tasks. So, this is just my complaining about the Dating special task.

I would still go ahead grab the love guru dress, and just accept the most inconvenient special task as part of the game. I've done all three, love the 43 energy capacity, and adore the 3 dresses. The dating Special Task is like the yearly Gyno visit. Just do it and get it over with. ;) I think the Love Guru Comeback is calling your name. My first advice stands. Go with the dress you love. :) But feel free to complain about that special task.

Haha thanks again! I went with the love guru dress, its so cute. Since im only dating on the dating events I guess Its not that big of a deal anyway. Ill try not to care too much about it! Yay my first comeback :-D

• Options
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    I think that was true a few years back. Now with fast fashion in the game, fashion is pretty much a business. Of course, people that love high fashion and do avant garde fashion still propel the thinking of those that are lower in the creative chain but fashion is no longer a world of fantasy and art in my opinion, not for the general public that is the one voting for the outfits...plus, you can't expect everyone to understand your choices and like them. So, in a contest people is going to be brutal and choose whatever they feel looks better in their eyes. There is no point in suffering Carol, really, you choose what you believe is good and makes a statement for your doll and people decide if they like it or not is as sad and as simple as that. But you can keep on doing your thing, don't look for acceptance outside, if you love it and you wear it, enjoy!...let the boring people of the world pick the commun everyday colors and be free to be different and break limits.

I understand that fashion is a business, but at the same time fashion designers are passionate about their designs since they're perfectionists. I mean that's their expertise since they're selling their brand.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    This echos real life. Designers are constantly weighing whether to give in to what the public wants, or be true to their artistic talent which might not be so popular. Look at Kanye's designs. He follows the Artist inside, and his clothes are not terribly popular.

You have to decide for yourself whether to show your inner designer, or take the more commercial approach, and give the people what they want. Or, try a mix. I would accessorize to show my artistic style, while wearing the "Knockout" dress. Maybe that's what happens in the designer studio. A blend of commercial appeal with personal expression.

Play it the way you want to. :)

I think that there has to be fashion designers that are artistic and can sell their clothing line and they can be successful. I know that it's not easy for upcoming fashion designers to face rejection from the public, but somehow they have to keep trying to get their branding out there.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    I agree with Stardust1, Carol. I like your sense of style, and I love how much effort you put into dressing your doll. As long as you are satisfied, that's all that matters. In a contest, however, it's not about what YOU like, it's about appealing to the voters. I hope you stick to your style and, that Carol Davida does well when the voting begins.

Thanks for wishing me good luck! I usually like to be unique when I'm dressing up my doll. I just hate fitting in with the norm. I just see fashion as a way for me to dress up my doll to make a bold fashion statement.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    I would say, just mix it up. Last time I did some *popular* looks but also some more daring ones. I think I lost with one of the more creative ones and won with all the other ones. Just do what's right for you :)
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts

I'm looking forward to the voting event too :D
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options

If you prefer to compare it to art instead of speech that's fine but the reality of creator intent/vision versus public reception/rejection is the same with both. An artist can stay true to their vision but that doesn't mean the public will buy it. Van Gogh created over 2,000 works during his short life but received virtually no recognition until after his death. Gaugin's works now sell for tens of millions and his experimentation with color influenced Picasso and Matisse but his works weren't popular during his lifetime. Seurat created Pointillism (using tiny dots to create a larger image) and it was widely ridiculed by the critics of the time. This technique, as well as his use of a scientific approach to color selection, were revolutionary but weren't appreciated until after his death. These are famous artists but there are hundreds of thousands of artists who never find an audience for their work during their lifetime, or ever.

As an artist participating in a contest you have to decide which is more important to you: Points or Originality.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Are you sure its a voting event this week? I dont like the voting event :( too boring..

• Options
    And, you never know what people are looking for. If it's not a slam dunk, then I start to analyze aspects. And the wrong pair of shoes will kill a look for me. If the accessories are on point, then that one gets my vote, even if it's not my particular taste.

I think we'll all do fine. But you had to know they were going to fix the repeating payouts. If the game started repeatedly charging us stars, we'd make them fix that. so...ehh, it was a fun ride. It's going to be fun. I do know that.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Are you sure its a voting event this week? I dont like the voting event :( too boring..

Since you asked, point blank I will confirm. ;) Yup. It's another Voting Weekend. And, I'll see if I can wiggle any other deets. I mean it's usually a hand in hand thing. Ooooh, my heart be still. Can you imagine if they've decided to go back to offering a special outfit for sale every week? <
    This is not a hint. It was merely a wish.

You know, I was working on a graphic for tomorrow, but, might as well open the new thread today. Anyone want to host? Post here and I'll pm you for details. Otherwise, we'll just have another Autopilot. If the weekend is good, it's all good.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    If you prefer to compare it to art instead of speech that's fine but the reality of creator intent/vision versus public reception/rejection is the same with both. An artist can stay true to their vision but that doesn't mean the public will buy it. Van Gogh created over 2,000 works during his short life but received virtually no recognition until after his death. Gaugin's works now sell for tens of millions and his experimentation with color influenced Picasso and Matisse but his works weren't popular during his lifetime. Seurat created Pointillism (using tiny dots to create a larger image) and it was widely ridiculed by the critics of the time. This technique, as well as his use of a scientific approach to color selection, were revolutionary but weren't appreciated until after his death. These are famous artists but there are hundreds of thousands of artists who never find an audience for their work during their lifetime, or ever.

As an artist participating in a contest you have to decide which is more important to you: Points or Originality.

I didn't meant that type of art style as in painters. Yes I am an hands-on artist but I tend to combine my artistry and my fashion choices when I'm dressing up my doll. What I was trying to say is that I mean that fashion is a different style of art for people that are passionate to become a fashion designer.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    I LOVED the last voting weekend!! Thanks, Koko, for letting us know it is going to happen again! I was prepping myself for a dating weekend, since we hadn't had one in a while.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    image_zpsdra3l6c4.png

Some people may consider this defacing of public property---criminal, while others see the beauty of self- expression. Art is subjective.

Maybe this is the wrong place for this post?
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Options
    image_zpsdra3l6c4.png

Some people may consider this defacing of public property---criminal, while others see the beauty of self- expression. Art is subjective.

Maybe this is the wrong place for this post?

I think that for civilized citizens graffiti artwork could be morally wrong on public property. But I think that artists in general can appreciate this form of art style graffiti artwork.

I see graffiti artwork everyday from where I'm located at. I can appreciate seeing graffiti as I am an artist in real life but with a completely different style.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.