Options

Weekend Event 12/04/15 ~ PrePrePre & 1/2 Holiday Party Event

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts

AmysEvent_zpsrergbajv.gif

When Amy T so graciously agreed to be Hostess for this event, we spoke about what she likes.
OMG OMG OMG She loves PURPLE

She love Christmas!
And when she said she felt like the Holidays began with Thanksgiving and just rolled their way through to Christmas, I had to agree.

So, this isn't the Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Ramadan and other Holiday, Winter Party oh no. It's 3 1/2 weeks till Christmas, Amy's fave Holiday.

Accordingly,
This is the
PrePrePre & 1/2
Holiday Party Event Thread.
We've chosen 1Oak in the Meat Packing District in NY for the venue,
avenue-nyc-club.jpg?w=761&h=506

And, they've promised us a special Midori Holiday Bar Room opening later in the event.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Amy? Are you ready to Celebrate the Purplest PrePrePre & 1/2 Christmas/Holiday Party?

I propose a toast,
cd00f-purple1.jpg

To Amy!

As usual, you'll find your regulation headgear under your seat.

Midorihat2.jpg
Midori - when a pop of color tastes good.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134567

Comments

• Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Love the color and decor! Very nicely done, Koko!

That Mariah Carey song is the one song I can not stand at Christmastime though. It is like nails on the chalkboard to me.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

That Mariah Carey song is the one song I can not stand at Christmastime though. It is like nails on the chalkboard to me.

What...that song is my all-time favorite! I never get tired hearing it every year for Christmas.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Omg, I'm excited! Thank you so much, Koko :) that is such a great opening. I love it!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend event and also that Glu gives us some early Christmas gifts :)

'Tis the season to be jolly (or tipsy as always, in my case).

Welcome to the party! On your way in, please grab a glass...
    6CE3517E-E8EF-448D-BB9F-0E37EE52FB1B_zpsyepry7ms.jpg

...or bottle (!) and let's have some fun!
    41F3B643-DFDB-42FC-9121-49954840B826_zps2wneydhq.jpg

There is also a non-alcoholic hot chocolate option for the younger (or more sensible) ones among us :)
    18B59A84-2E58-47B5-9371-2D98579B1EC8_zps4nak9ptv.jpg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options

Oh, no! It's my most fave Christmas song, ever! Haha
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I really wouldn't mind this being a party weekend since my little brother turns 21 on saturday but if not that then perhaps a dating event? It HAS been 2 months now since the last one. Hmm, or will february be all dating events maybe?
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    I'm on my phone and started to play that Mariah song from the thread. My housemate scowled at me and said, "For goodness sakes, can't you wear your headphones? And it's December 2nd, far too early for Christmas songs..."

Errrm, I beg to differ! The festive season begins on December 1st.

I'm going bed now singing that awesome tune in my head. I really can't wait to party with you guys this weekend :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I've always loved the Vince Guaraldi music for the Charlie Brown Christmas special. Of course there's the adorable song where the kids are singing "Christmas time is here", but my favorite is this Skating Song. It makes me so nostalgic!
    [video=youtube_share;Kn4Y3sHyfsg]http://youtu.be/Kn4Y3sHyfsg[/video]

Congrats on the hosting gig, Amy! Can't wait to see what the weekend brings!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    LckynickiLckynicki Registered Users 105 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I've always loved the Vince Guaraldi music for the Charlie Brown Christmas special. Of course there's the adorable song where the kids are singing "Christmas time is here", but my favorite is this Skating Song. It makes me so nostalgic!

Congrats on the hosting gig, Amy! Can't wait to see what the weekend brings!

Charlie brown! My mom watch that show since she was a kid. This my favorite song!
    Piglet: “How do you spell love?”
    Pooh: “You don’t spell it, you feel it.”
  • Options

That's Amy's fave too. But how's this MomTo3?

There's a Holiday song for everyone!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Luz!!! Happy December! We started a chant for you in Apropos. :) LUZ LUZ LUZ LUZ LUZ LUZ LUZ
    AND now you're here! How was your Thanksgiving?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Thanks for the chanting! Very funny. Happy December to you, too.

Thanksgiving was bittersweet-- we stayed in a hotel, which was both sad and fun, since relatives were too sick to host us-- but the break was over too soon! At least the end of the year craziness is in sight, and I can look forward to my last day of work before more time off!

I'm so jealous that you've gotten your tree up, and some shopping! I haven't done a single thing...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    I reeeeeeally want holiday clothes this weekend! C'mon, Glu!
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    Holiday clothes are always nice, I think they came out later last year, we are a little early, but the stores always started decorating November 1st, and the commercials on tv have started since last week..........so. We're like little kids with this game. And this time of year appeals to the little kid in each of us. At least that's how I am. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »

My husband loves Vince Guaraldi's music. That is almost always playing in his car. My kids love watching the Charlie Brown Christmas special every year. It's one of our traditions.
    That's Amy's fave too. But how's this MomTo3?

There's a Holiday song for everyone!

I hadn't heard that one before.

I think I overheard the Mariah song too many times when I was growing up. You all can play the song. I will just sit it the corner, cover my ears, and say "LALALALA." Hahaha! (I am turning into my three year old. ;) )

~Melissa~

• Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    <3 Mariah

one of my fav Christmas songs is:

[video=youtube_share;CnIFTtW1pko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnIFTtW1pko[/video]

This was the same special that had the California raisings singing Rudolph...am I showing my age? lol

and I'd like an ugly holiday sweater, but I'd hope it was something you could buy and not a work all weekend prize.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Since we're pulling songs from classic Christmas cartoons, this was my nephews' favorite. They were soooo cute singing and dancing along.

[video=youtube_share;_SGlPnA_iCk]http://youtu.be/_SGlPnA_iCk[/video]
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    So excited for Christmas. I already bought some gifts (the first already in october because it was on offer... I think 15% off) and yesterday my sister and I listened to a Spotity Christmas list and baked our first batch of cookies.

Like I said in last weekend's thread,I'm really hoping for a cheesy Christmas sweater this weekend.

I might have to start this weekend's event a bit later or leave after the first few minutes because my grandparents are going to Ira with me and my sister. I love Ikea. I might buy some. Ore decorations there but what I really need is a chair for my office desk because school starts in Monday. I really need to sort my school stuff and tidy up my desk. :/ But I'll rather enjoy my free day and re-watch some The Blacklist instead.

Any plans for your birthday, Holly?
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    My brother is hosting a family "party" for me on Friday evening. His wife has a tradition where the birthday girl/boy gets to choose the dinner BUT this year that's not happening because they are leaving for a cruise on Saturday. Where are their priorities? LOL. Instead we are ordering pizza but she is making me a cake. :-)
    My boyfriend can't make the party of Friday but he is taking me out to dinner on Saturday. Then on Sunday I am hoping to take my nephews to a Christmas play in the city. The tickets were purchased long before my brother & his wife decided to take a cruise. This weekend is his normal custody weekend but now the boys have to stay with their Mother since my brother isn't available. She hasn't returned my calls about taking them on Sunday so I don't know if it will happen. She and I have the most cordial relationship that she has with anyone in my family but... Who knows.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Amyyyy congrats on hosting!!!

Some purple decor and treats from me
    egpwgg.jpg

2q8ts74.jpg

No champagne this week, since Amy posted the pic I've been saving for this thread :) I guess great minds... ;)
    Btw I need those Santa hats for champagne glasses! Anyone any idea where to get them from?

Let's partyyyy! I'm happy it's a party event, I need fans! LOL
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Btw I need those Santa hats for champagne glasses! Anyone any idea where to get them from?

A quick google pulled up a lot of places which make them. I used "Santa hat champagne glass."
  • Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    A quick google pulled up a lot of places which make them. I used "Santa hat champagne glass."

Thanks Dot. Sometimes I forget that Google know everything. lol

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Thanks Dot. Sometimes I forget that Google know everything. lol

Please I hope it did not come across as my own pet peeve which is "try google." Everyone knows to try google ;) I only meant that it was successful and there was more than one option to choose from. I wanted to post a couple of those but was not sure if it was against our rules.

<3
  • Options
    Hey dolls! I'm super excited for this weekend :)

Sassy, I love how we found the same Santa hat champagne glasses!

I'm just checking in to say hi, I've had an appointment today for my asthma and chest after I've been ill since the weekend. My sister picked me up from my hospital appt and she is looking after me for the night, but I'm so going to be in the party mood tomorrow :)

Let's get this Christmas party started!

More party songs?
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    CP02_zpsfoysgtz0.gif

Ut Oh. Santa's confused. he's 3 weeks early and stuck in the chimney.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Koko, now you've played one of my favorites! I love Carol of the Bells! (I am a bit of a traditionalist at heart, I guess.) That light display was amazing!

Amy, I hope you feel better!!

~Melissa~

• Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Please I hope it did not come across as my own pet peeve which is "try google." Everyone knows to try google ;) I only meant that it was successful and there was more than one option to choose from. I wanted to post a couple of those but was not sure if it was against our rules.

<3
    Oh, no, Dot, no, not at all, don't worry :) Such thought didn't even cross my mind :) xo

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Thank you, M23M! (Can I call you that?! lol sorry if not!)

I'm so excited for the new clothes, I hope for lots of sparkle for a dress ( or jumpsuit! Anything!) and extra shine on shoes with 6inch heels! My fave :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Here's my tree from last year. different sections light at different dimes. But the purple glow is constant. heh heh heh
    Christmas7_zpsiyjp23gz.jpg

I think we did a better job this year. But I have to finish the house before I take this years' pics. :) You can't come into my house with out leaving a little more Christmassy. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Koko, I love that! Please come and decorate my tree!
    [video=youtube_share;KlpbBRqdnc0]http://youtu.be/KlpbBRqdnc0[/video]
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    That took me me so long to post! Same as last time, I'm rubbish at stuff like that. My sister (her name is Kauri if you want to say hi!) helped me post that.

She sort of knew about Kkh, and now for sure! I've just shown her Madison for the 1st time. Lmao :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai