Options

Weekend Event 12/04/15 ~ PrePrePre & 1/2 Holiday Party Event

Comments

• Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    filiztanca wrote: »
    Hi my name is Filiz and I am joining the party from Istanbul :) I play on fb and so far I haveonly posted about problems on fb. I dont know how to do cool stuff like screen shots and I am loving all the pics you posted.
    Editted to add nice to meet you all

Very good to meet you filiztanca! Welcome!! :)

So glad you enjoy the screen images. If you are on computer there are keys you can press, I am not sure offhand how to explain it, but, if you google 'screen image PC' or 'screen image Mac,' or 'screen image iPad'...that's how I did it. Well, for iPad someone here had to explain to me. I still didn't get it :) If it makes you feel any better, it took me a loooong time (months and months) before I finally was able to do screen images on iPad.

I use Imgur for the hosting site. I upload it there and then copy and paste the BBCode link to a post. It sounds hard; but once you learn, it's easy.

Again WELCOME! So glad to hear from you.
  • Options
    So...I am sure someone posted these many pages ago in this thread but here for convenience sake are the main screens from this event.

1. The earnables! (25 points for first earnable, which is a free chance at one mystery prize.)

9ugwlPt.png

2. The winnables! (40 K stars per chance; these clothes add points to parties.)

FEV8vvZ.png

3. Points needed for 2nd earnable! (150)

XzF9L6v.png

4. Points needed for 3rd earnable! (300)

KiQexvR.png

(PS, disregard my hair, hat, ring, and gold jewelry, in those pix. They are not prizes. My doll wore it already.)
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    filiztanca wrote: »
    Hi my name is Filiz and I am joining the party from Istanbul :) I play on fb and so far I haveonly posted about problems on fb. I dont know how to do cool stuff like screen shots and I am loving all the pics you posted.
    Editted to add nice to meet you all

Hi! Welcome to the forums! You can actually take screen shots from your laptop/computer. All you have to do is simply search on Google and type in for example, how to take screen shots on PC or how to take screen shots on Mac. There's websites that can give up step-by-step instructions on how to take screen shots. It helped me because I just learned recently how to take screenshots from my laptop which is a PC BTW. I hope this helps.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Aw we both said use google Lol. Now I feel bad. I don't want to discourage anyone.

Even google pulls up different results.

For our purposes we want to only take a screen image of part of the screen. Here is one way how.

This method is for PC computer screen images.

1. In your computer (not internet) search, type "snipping tool" or "snip tool."

2. Click the snipping tool.

3. Choose 'new.'

4. Choose 'free form snip' under 'new' in the menu of the snipping tool.

5. Hold down your left mouse button. Drag the dotted lines around the area you wish to photograph, on your computer.

6. Click 'save' and name the photo.

7. Find an image hosting site, such as photobucket, Imgur or etc.

8. Join that hosting site. When you are a free member there, you can upload any pix. You can set it to public or private. For these pix you wish to share publicly, choose public. (If you have other private photos, you will need to find out how to set those to private. Because your default is now 'public.')

9. Then go to your Images section. You will see a thing with brackets [like this] under the word BBCode, next to each pic. For each pic, copy and paste that [part in brackets] into a post here.

10. There is a topic here which is for trying out images. (I was going to include it in this post, but I cannot find it.) But you can practice in any post,I think.

I tend to explain badly; so, if there are any questions, people can ask, here, or there. Others here are better at this tech stuff, but, this is the basic way.

For Mac and iPad it's different in how to take the screen image. So I will let you google those for now.
  • Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Aw we both said use google Lol. Now I feel bad. I don't want to discourage anyone.

Even google pulls up different results.

For our purposes we want to only take a screen image of part of the screen. Here is one way how.

This method is for PC computer screen images.

1. In your computer search, type "snipping tool" or "snip tool."

2. Click the snipping tool.

3. Choose 'new.'

4. Choose 'free form snip' under 'new' in the menu of the snipping tool.

5. Hold down your left mouse button. Drag the dotted lines around the area you wish to photograph, on your computer.

6. Click 'save' and name the photo.

7. Find an image hosting site, such as photobucket, Imgur or etc.

8. Join that hosting site. When you are a free member there, you can upload any pix. You can set it to public or private. For these pix you wish to share publicly, choose public. (If you have other private photos, you will need to find out how to set those to private. Because your default is now 'public.')

9. Then go to your Images section. You will see a thing with brackets [like this] under the word BBCode, next to each pic. For each pic, copy and paste that [part in brackets] into a post here.

10. There is a topic here which is for trying out images.

I tend to explain badly so if there are any questions, people can ask, here or there. Others here are better at this tech stuff but this is the basic way.

For Mac and iPad it's different in how to take the screen image. So I will let you google those for now.

Lol don't feel bad polka dot. I'm pretty sure a lot of us use Google because we want to learn something. Google is my go-to because I can pretty much self-taught myself when I'm eager to learn something because no one is gonna teach it to me haha
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Google is great. For some things there are so many results and it can get confusing. For this there is the method for the whole screen, the method for the browser window, and the method for the area for free form cropping of a photo.

And that's only for PC. Lol. For Mac and iPad it's still different.

I can remember when somebody told me "go to your desktop" and I thought they meant where I put my mug of tea!
  • Options
    KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    Kim wore pink before she married Kanye. She also smiled a lot in pictures before she married Kanye. She is very heavily influenced by his tastes. He was the same way with Amber Rose, always telling her what to wear, ect.

Yeah, I noticed that too! Sucks... I want pink....
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • Options
    Carol Davida is so looking forward for the new year to begin. She invited her party guests and she didn't bother to change her clothes. She didn't care that she actually wore a skimpy bikini haha

2ywbh1i.png
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Haha honestly it took me about 3 parties to realise I had a one more room. Felt pretty annoyed with myself lol.

This made me chuckle :D lol
    Nice to meet you Nicole
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    Just finished the 2nd event gig and had to go meet the promoter at Panino

Idk what to choose ⊙_⊙

I don't want to spend money or stars #TheStruggleIsReal

PhotoGrid_1449271869413_zpstzyeofo6.jpg

Andriod player
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    What? That ain't cool! I get mad when I have to spend energy to talk. And 5k is a lot to ask for a weekend task.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    LckynickiLckynicki Registered Users 105 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Just finished the 2nd event gig and had to go meet the promoter at Panino

Idk what to choose ⊙_⊙

I don't want to spend money or stars #TheStruggleIsReal

PhotoGrid_1449271869413_zpstzyeofo6.jpg

I choose End contract I didn't lose fans or nothing and kim praise me about ending the contract
    Piglet: “How do you spell love?”
    Pooh: “You don’t spell it, you feel it.”
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    ugh, after some semi-successful box openings the past few events I ended up with 30 event stars. What's worse is that had I gone for either of the spaces I usually gotten it would've resulted in the sweater or scarf, the two items I liked most XP
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    Time check 9:12am here in Philippines. I played for 15hours straight just to finish this game in one day. I'm so tired. I'll go to sleep now..
    s25x7s.png
  • Options
    Carol Davida, Lol.

Have been inviting GC peeps to my parties. Hope you are all having fun. Carol too bad you are Android only.

I need to page back and find the guys' prizes. Hope you all got some good prizes so far.

Right now I am down to one prize left on winnables and on earnables both. Not sure I will keep trying for the blue handbag. I'm not a huge person on handbags anyway. And there are not many royal blue things in wardrobe.

I do wish we'd get some color. People mentioned pink. Soft pink would be nice. I also like light gray.
  • Options
    DROOOOOL! Sassy that purple or lavender purse - want! Glu please consider giving us this some way :)

*And I just said I'm not a big handbag person Lol. But that tells you this one is exceptional.

I forgot to say a tip that I figured out. I was getting 5 extra points for my 2 winnables. But then when I added a pair of high waisted black pants (They have a blue star in their box in the wardrobe, and are toward the bottom in the pants tab), I got 8 extra points! And the black pants are not from this current event. Woot.

Maybe that will help someone.

I took pix - but the phone rang and I did not export the pix yet.

Did anyone post pix of the men's prizes yet? (I did look at this whole thread before asking.)
    Here's the color. I'm in love! I saw it first in Paris and started drooling on the window lol and then on Khloe!

21lsbrt.jpg

1z30zf8.jpg

And thanks, I think it will be an epic weekend lol and weather is great, it's 12 C but sunny.
  • Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Carol Davida, Lol.

Have been inviting GC peeps to my parties. Hope you are all having fun. Carol too bad you are Android only.

I do wish we'd get some color. People mentioned pink. Soft pink would be nice. I also like light gray.

Lol my doll & I aren't even pleased with the earn ables for this weekend event. Hopefully for new year's weekend event will have better items. I want a party dress for my doll. She needs something festive to wear for the holidays.

I wish that all platforms can play together.

I'm not motivated to grind on my game for the boots & the dress. I'll just aim for the earrings and that's it.

Black is such a boring color. It doesn't bring me back to life. We need colorful clothing for our dolls.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Bah. It's sad that our requests for more festive clothing/events aren't being met. I am a big fan of the "little black dress", but I feel that Glu could be doing so much more right now and it's a bummer. I started playing KKH because I figured this time of year would be so much fun, but it's like they stopped caring during the summer.

P.S. Happy birthday, Holly! I hope you had an amazing day!! xx
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    I won 30 event points. Ugh! I wish that I won one of the gift box items instead. 😤😧😭

Screenshot_2015_12_05_00_52_05_1_1.png Screenshot_2015_12_05_01_17_53_1.png
    image url upload
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Bah. It's sad that our requests for more festive clothing/events aren't being met. I am a big fan of the "little black dress", but I feel that Glu could be doing so much more right now and it's a bummer. I started playing KKH because I figured this time of year would be so much fun, but it's like they stopped caring during the summer.

P.S. Happy birthday, Holly! I hope you had an amazing day!! xx

I was really hoping for red or green or silver or gold Christmas/festive clothes.
    Honestly though, with Hanukkah starting Sunday, Glu should have decorations up and blue & silver clothes would have been lovely to honor that holiday.

At least the guys' gift box sweater and scarf are stylish and wintery. (PolkaDot, the guys items are pictured in the weekend event fashion thread)

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a relaxing day and then a family dinner this evening. I was surprised to receive lots of gifts and I had a wonderful time playing games with my nephews.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    Did you guys choose to end your contract or keep it?

I chose to end it. It's ridiculous that the game is fining us 5000 dollars for something we had no choice in, but I'd much rather lose the cash than pay with k-stars. Those are too rare. I'm just mad we had to make the choice at all - not cool, Glu.
  • Options
    I paid the $5000 to end it too. I agree that's a steep price. I've played enough that I have decent cash reserves but that's a lot of Kash for a newer player. Realistically it would take 8-10 three hour gigs to earn $5000 Kash. That's way too much Glu.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Finishing in less than 24hr isn't obsessive at all (that's what I tell myself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

PhotoGrid_1449305864794_zpstulmzhsr.jpg

Andriod player
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Finishing in less than 24hr isn't obsessive at all (that's what I tell myself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

PhotoGrid_1449305864794_zpstulmzhsr.jpg

Love those shoes with the earner dress!
    iOS
  • Options

Oh no, not at all. LOL
    I'm half way done with the Event. I have three items from the gift boxes so that has helped with the bonus points. I didn't win the blue purse. I like it personally and would enjoy it in real life but I don't think that there are enough opportunities for Dixie to wear it to justify chasing after it. I am *trying* to be better about spending K stars.

Did you get any of the gift box items? I really liked the skirt in the preview image but it's hard to style on its own.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I really like the earner items. Finally a round where the earner items look better than the gift box ones. Thank you, Glu! :D

Even though I think the boots would look MUCH better if they wouldn't be open toed. I made a little edit to show what I mean:

zGMp8Hm.jpg

Holly, I used your original picture from the other thread to make this edit. I hope you don't mind! And happy belated birthday to you :D
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    How many event stars does the 3rd gig give?
    PM to add
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Today is a national holiday here in the Netherlands (Sinterklaas) so I won't be able to play much. But i've got all dat tomorrow so I should be able to finish then!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    How many event stars does the 3rd gig give?

The final event gives 25 stars plus whatever bonus stars if you have any items , then 50 stars on top of that.
    iOS
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Why is my game telling me I only have 19 hrs to finish?. :confused:

Android game. Facebook tels me I still have 1d and 13 hrs
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here