Options

Weekend Event 1/29/16 - We're seeing Stars! Star Signs or...........?

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
edited March 2020 in KKH General Discussion
Twinkle_Twinkle1gif

I love these Events. It's odd how the Event Thread Themes start. Sometimes we have a clear cut theme for the weekend. Someone's birthday, or an upcoming Holiday. Sometimes it's based on things happening in the Forum. And sometimes it just happens.

But, and this one was strange. One of those wacky feelings. At times like this my mind borrows from that old commercial from my childhood, Is it live or is it Memorex? Only in my case.....is it just a random thought or is it DumbESP?

So I've been thinking about Stars all day. First it was Vats' Wednesday thread. This week it was Calendar pictures. So as I'm picking a month, Astrological Signs pop in there. Next thing I know that Gwen Stefani cover song takes up space, that endless loop of the only line I know........Everybody is Star.....Doesn't matter who you are.

Then I saw a star tumble down for a gig, wasn't industry.....where'd that come from.

And still, I've got nothin'

empty_boxjpg

Then I was writing to a new member MaxRocketsinSky (did I spell it right?)

and I mentioned I had no them, and it hit me like a rocket.

Stars.
Stars and Stars and Stars.
So, I knew it had to be a theme about Stars, I feel we're going to be spending stars, or getting stars, or maybe we should all just share star stories.
Astrological Star Sign Stories, Brushes with real live Stars,
Or just dressing our dolls up with Stars.

So, let's make it a Star Studded Weekend.

I don't know if we're due for a VIP - that would be Spending Stars
as working weekend where we Earn Stars,
But If I said I really thought so and it wasn't
then I'd be Seeing Stars when you all got a hold of me.

So help me out here, let's ponder about what the weekend will be,
and let's play up the Star Aspect.

Besides, there's a new Star in the Heavens....
Who was the biggest Star you ever met?

Let's Party.

Midorihat2jpg

Weekend Fashion Show for this Event Weekend can be found here.

Previous Week's Event Thread
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1345

Comments

• Options
    QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    I saw some people posting about a five star weekend with Nene, don't know if it's true or not.
    Sophie
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    I need the facial hair in the previews to be released this weekend, but it's probably not going to be until the Valentines one... haha. But hoping for nice guy stuff!
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    MaxRocketsinSky! <3 Haha, I love it.

I don't know if this really counts as *meeting* a star, but when I was five, Ken Griffey Jr. almost ran me over on Halloween.
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Yep it's Nene's 5 star weekend!
    iOS
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Oh great! I was expecting a V.I.P. weekend event so I don't have to grind. Professional weekend events are my least favorite on this game.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Who was the biggest Star you ever met?

I've met Chad Smith of RHCP before their show in Saint Petersburg in 2012 and Lana Del Rey before and after her show there in 2013 :) I've also met Kasabian (my favorite band) this summer during Meet&Greet before their show in Moscow (I almost died from excitement). Ah sweet memories.

Yay it's 5 star gig event! Not happy about seeing Nene in my game again though. I just don't like her for some reason.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    Ok, I have seen no info.......so if we are getting stars then I will smile as I put this into the Yes uESP column. (U is for useless). And it wasn't guessing, I'm sitting there corresponding with Max, and it blew into my head. I even wrote 'omg I just had a flash' in the missive. I'm happy if it's a star event. I need to earn back those 30 stars my games wasted. If I pay 10 kStars for Cassio, I want to be right there next to him at the event. But no. I'm on one side, he's on the other. Ever try to shout to someone across the room at a nightclub? I want my stars back, plus he's probably banging the new chick. Pfffft.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Oh, Koko lovely theme! I love, love stars! Universe stars, glitter stars, people stars, sign stars.. lol

Here's little champagne - to taste the stars :P

2aom60.jpg

Oh, I haven't met any stars.. But I've seen Antonio Banderas and Morgan Freeman very closely, on set, filming here in Sofia :)
    If the universe grants me a wish to meet a star, than I would choose David Gandy. Always him. A billion times. Everytime. Period. LOL
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I'm actually kinda glad that it is a 5-star weekend. I was actually staring to run out of kcash since the new clothes were so expensive and I was trying to finish the lover's achievement. This should at least give me an opportunity to earn more kash. Praying for some good clothes :o
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I don't like these type of events. They are so exhausting! I`d like to have a dating or a voting event :(
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh the stars! The biggest that I got closer? Definitely Britney Spears!

I don't like that they always do Professional events right after the update while we have storylines gigs to do that mess everything during the event!

Glu should wait to make this kind of event a week or two later! So we don't have to deal with those looooooong event gigs+ long storyline gigs.

Hope the items will be great!

Cilan that facial hair is really cool differently from the beggar one we got last weekend, but probably is a gift boxes item :( Is that Dirk on your avatar?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Explain to my forgetful brain what the 5 Star NeNe weekend is?!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    Explain to my forgetful brain what the 5 Star NeNe weekend is?!

A professional weekend event when we do gigs to earn event points.
    Sophie
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    Cilan that facial hair is really cool differently from the beggar one we got last weekend, but probably is a gift boxes item :( Is that Dirk on your avatar?

Yeah... That's the word I was looking for, for last week's hair.. haha. It's still a bit too long for me (was hoping for a shorter one than that), but I would love to be able to try it out and see if it fits my doll. And you're probably right and it's a gift box... haha. I have not gotten ONE event item through a free gift box in my whole time playing.

And yep! It's from a pic of Dirk and my doll together. I do wish that the rivals would become friends/dating options in game. But I don't think that will ever happen. xD
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I got the mini-update!!!!! How people know that is about NeNe? They're witches or what?
  • Options
    Well anyway it's true it's about NeNe a girl in the Russian forum posted it.
  • Options
    I got the mini-update!!!!! How people know that is about NeNe? They're witches or what?

LOL! Choked on my drink there. xD But yeah. Cause last I read, all events happen at the same time? I recall someone posting that. Or does that only apply in the US?
  • Options
    Cilan wrote: »
    LOL! Choked on my drink there. xD But yeah. Cause last I read, all events happen at the same time? I recall someone posting that. Or does that only apply in the US?

Yeah, event starts at the same time for everyone, but someone from the Russian gang has a cheat or a hack and it's able to get them earlier, posts photos in the Russian forum and usually KateP posts it here as teasers :)

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Vats, thats my all time fav song from Britney!!! Even my nickname on mIRC and ICQ was LUCKY! Lol

EDIT:
    Another favorite
    Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now...

[video=youtube_share;kn6-c223DUU]http://youtu.be/kn6-c223DUU[/video]

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    I don't like these type of events. They are so exhausting! I`d like to have a dating or a voting event :(

I actually really like this. Not fond of the dating or party events tho, they get so boring. But I'm with you all the way about the voting events, I love them!
  • Options
    The next event it's a vip event right?
  • Options
    BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
    Hm, I can't really complain. I usually come out alright with five star events, so yay! I hope we get a dating or voting event soon though.
    I can't wait to see what the items are!!
    add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
    My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸
  • Options
    From Instagram

v8e7w4.jpg

• Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts

Mine mini updated three times today--three(!) wth--but I don't see anything different. Do you think that was for tomorrow's event, starts U.S. 5:00 a.m., Italy 11:00 a.m.(?)? Hells, I'M a witch and even *I* can't tell! (Heh, heh, heh)
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Thank you, Kate, for posting!
    And OMG that hair...!!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
    Brianne wrote: »
    I can't wait to see what the items are!!

^^ ask and thou shall recieve. lmao!
    The earnables are pretty meh. I don't dislike them, but I don't know if I'll be grinding too hard for them..
    The box items though!! I love them. I may just take my chances and buy a few to see if I can snag any of it!!
    add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
    My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸
  • Options
    Wow. I hate everything - both the earnables and gift box items. I think this is one of the worst events ever (since another 5-star weekend where we could get dreadlocks, black and white sandals and weird black dress with see-through cut outs...). I don't even want to play for any of the items. Hope I'll manage to pull some KStars out of my free giftbox.

• Options

I had so many other videos picked out, but her costumes are so tiny.............I thought I'd have to give myself a warning. lol.

This one is safe right? I guess when she packs on a few and covers up a little they'll be safer. Shrug? I wanted Toxic, but omg, Cher looks covered up compared to that. Sigh.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Oh I like the gift box hair that suit noooot so much I'm sure you guys will make it look fabulous though! The necklace and bag will be useful I guess
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    The gift box items!!! I'm in love!!!
    Earnables - meh..

iOS
    07/2014