Options

Weekend Event 1/29/16 - We're seeing Stars! Star Signs or...........?

Comments

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Congratulations Cherrey! Hope that happens more often to you!

Andrzej and Stardust you guys are amazing friends! Always cheering me up after those 'bad hair' moments <3

I like all gift boxes items, but the pants!

Thanks for the info Cookie! I won't do those weekend gigs, Nene will wait for Vats for a long time lol, too much energy to few rewards. And Maria is calling to Vats like crazy, but he won't show up at her office until the event ends!

I'm here just for 3hour gigs this weekend!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Prisha DhooprajPrisha Dhoopraj Registered Users 118 Posts
    You get 25 event points for each weekend storyline gig you complete and then Nene calls you after you completed all 3 gigs and gives you 50 event points if you balanced art with popularity..
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Thank you so much, Vats! :o

Please don't be sad that you didn't get the long hair. To be honest, you have soooo many better hairstyles than this one :)

My method when I failed to get an item is to find something really annoying about it. Trust me, that works with nearly every item. For example the long hair you wanted. Look at that wardrobe preview picture. The hair looks different and better than the actual hairstyle! Isn't that annoying? :D
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok, it took a while, but my brain finally figured out we are not getting stars, My esp is broken. Broken I tell you. Ok, well, we look like stars in our clothes. I got nuthin. I'll put up some Astrology facts later on, now I have to de-embarass and live my dopeyness down. Couldn't understand why none of my games were getting stars. Lol. I have a banner to change.

A tab did splurge on Giftboxes....lookie what she got.

Koko_Gift_Boxes.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

Now the frustrating part... I can't believe that they put another long hair style in the gift boxes:mad:

That's sooooooooo mean!

Here's what I got on my free box:
    8cLtWfY.png?1

Yeah I'll totally open another, NOT!

Glu is pretty cruel to continually do that. Even the girls get decent hairstyles as an earnable item. :(

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Glu is getting awful with the gift boxes. I hate to be the one to complain but lately the more desired items are those in the gift boxes. And then the gift boxes contain several SMALL amount of K Stars (maybe 3), Kash ($350-$500) or energy (I've seen SOME 50 but mostly 10). Then you get 2-4 items that are daily gift box items. In the past 5-6 weekends and I've opened the boxes I've gotten maybe ONE item that is a box special for that event. That is so **** frustrating. I know why Glu is putting the special stuff in the boxes because they want us to waste money. I would rather pay $20 and get the gift box outfit then to keep trying and wasting 40 K Stars a crack.

And as in general the items haven't been as good as they used to be. I feel myself needing time away from the game. It's hard to resist trying for something good that actually hits (last weeks Kylie hair) and then spend $30 in K Stars to try and reach it and it doesn't happen. It's disappointing to say the least.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    I kind of love the weekend event men's hair for my female doll!!! It's so long and wavy and carefree. But obviously that's not an option :(
  • Options
    hahaha Cherrey! I really liked that hair, is about the same lenght of my real hair and if I use the curling iron would be really alike!

Koko is that my Kat? She looks amazing and congrats!

MT3M you're right I'm off to Hookah!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Ugh, total and utter garbage in my gift boxes; and after getting a common and ugly top from the wardrobe I stupidly threw more stars into the virtual trash can to open another box, and got a meager few energy bolts for my trouble. This is so not right or fair. If I had gotten even the 4k over what I actually did get, I wouldn't be feeling so unhappy about it. Now I have only about 20 stars left, and I've decided that with the way weekend event gift boxes and earnables have been so subpar all month, I'm not buying any stars today. And let me just reiterate from a past post or two, that I spend up to $100 at the very beginning of each month, and yes, the event boxes and earnables combined with the meager few new offerings in the wardrobe in this last update--and that includes nothing new in my baby's closet either--I've already "bought" the two or three new things I wanted and there's nothing else in there I *have* to have, or even *want*...well maybe this one necklace. So I'm really on the fence about buying anymore stars--making yet more contributions to the corporate coffers--for February; it's looking bleak. Maybe I'll buy another dog or two, a couple more Judith Lieber evening bags. But all those things, along with the 60 K-Star necklace I'd like, won't cost even nearly 100 bucks, that's for sure.:( :(:( And it's not looking good for middle-of-the-month star purchases either.

EDIT: First earnable--gift box of randomness. I netted the event gift box hair and am now feeling placated. I know some people aren't liking it at first glance, but I have to say it gives a soft and pretty look to your doll's face, and I'm happy with it. If there's one thing I like, it's "pretty." Always be a mermaid and always be pretty.;)
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Congrats, Koko! Lucky girl!

I opened my event box and spent stars to open a second one and won only two daily gift box items. I was peeved at first because I really (really, really, really) wanted the hair, but have since chilled about it because I am pretty excited about the earnable choker. That'll do.

Have a great weekend, everybody!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    CodeRedCodeRed Registered Users 46 Posts
    This was my second set of boxes I opened, the first had 30 event points and that weird shaggy hair that I really don't like.
    Those were the items I wanted, so finally a little lucky break!

img0195.png
    iOS doll: Ruby, A+++ lister, last comeback, daily player and I love new friends.
    GC is Synerje87, feel free to add me.
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts

Sassy mirc and icq? You're not Lucky you're old lol

I'm NOT! :cool: Just so you know LIFE BEGINS AT 28, the last 27 years have just been a practise!!! :rolleyes: LOL
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    I was so disappointed when I stayed up late to see they released another long hairstyle for guys in the box lol. I go out shopping and stuff A LOT and I have seen a lot of guys and none/very, very, very few of them have as long a hair as KKH keeps releasing every week. I do realize this is a fashion game, so maybe it's different in the fashion world? I dunno. But just going to keep waiting for a short hairstyle that I like... I don't think a short hairstyle that doesn't come with a hat has been released since I started playing!

But the good thing is that I won't have to purchase stars this week to open boxes! Money saved!
  • Options
    katiecatkatiecat Registered Users 102 Posts
    I can't believe it but my free box was the hair! That has never happened before; I'm so happy!
    Daily Android player. Wants all the friends.
    Doll: Helena (shows up as Katie).

Currently trying to transfer my game.
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    I picked the same box as Linda for my free box and got the hair! I opened 2 more and got 50 energy in each. Was hoping for the dress, but the energy at least helped me knock out a bunch more gigs for event points.

Also I just leveled up to 42! I am so happy I can finally buy the black sneakers, and that they only cost cash!!

Also, I checked So Chic London and Mia is back! You can do three more quests to get a $1000 bonus.

For the weekend quests, I chose Original Script for the first one, and that got me 25 event points. I chose drama while talking to the writer. And I chose foreign director when Nene called after the gig. I will let you know how many event points I get on the next quest!

Here's me and Charli in Punta Mita:

SaFmT9d.jpg
    iOS
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Cilan wrote: »
    I was so disappointed when I stayed up late to see they released another long hairstyle for guys in the box lol. I go out shopping and stuff A LOT and I have seen a lot of guys and none/very, very, very few of them have as long a hair as KKH keeps releasing every week. I do realize this is a fashion game, so maybe it's different in the fashion world? I dunno. But just going to keep waiting for a short hairstyle that I like... I don't think a short hairstyle that doesn't come with a hat has been released since I started playing!

But the good thing is that I won't have to purchase stars this week to open boxes! Money saved!

Actually, it's the kids and twenty-somethings with long hair, at least in the U.S. My boyfriend feels the same way as you do about short hair, but me? I'll take a guy with long hair any day. Helloooooo, Lord of the Rings trilogy!
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Yes my doll finally won something special today. Yay!☺😊

Screenshot_2016_01_29_15_20_18_1.png Screenshot_2016_01_29_15_21_09_1.png
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Congratulations katiekat for getting that hair! Helena appeared in my game few days ago yay!

Ali congrats for reaching another level! Mia came back in my game too! Does that 8-hour task count as a professional gig to us receive points at the event?

Cilan I'm sorry you feel that way, for how long you've been playing? We had very cute short hair styles in recent weeks like that undercut one and the 'Elvis' one last week.

Since the game was released we hadn't a lot of long hair styles, it was a coincidence to have two in such a short period or perhaps Glu is trying to balance things now since long hair is the 'new thing'. I hope that soon you get your coveted short style that is in the black boxes!

Congrats to you too Carol!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    I'm NOT! :cool: Just so you know LIFE BEGINS AT 28, the last 27 years have just been a practise!!! :rolleyes: LOL

This is my new favorite saying!
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Omg is this is my luckiest day or what? Both of my dolls won the exact piece of specialty jewel.☺😊

tmp_30976_Screenshot_2016_01_29_17_24_42_1_72992.png

tmp_30976_Screenshot_2016_01_29_17_25_30_1_14348.png

how to take a screenshot on a pc
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    It looks like I'm the only unlucky this weekend. They say money calls money, it makes sense Vats is a millionaire and keep choosing the 4k k$ boxes lol

Just for you information guys, all the tasks of So Chic London are giving event points! So go there and get that money and k-stars, without worrying about having to stop grinding!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    It looks like I'm the only unlucky this weekend. They say money calls money, it makes sense Vats is a millionaire and keep choosing the 4k k$ boxes lol

Just for you information guys, all the tasks of So Chic London are giving event points! So go there and get that money and k-stars, without worrying about having to stop grinding!

I got kash in my box, too, boo. Boring event, boring clothes, bah humbug.
    Thanks for the tip on So Chic London!
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    tumblr_o1qmzo0Ha11qfvh9po2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o1qmzo0Ha11qfvh9po1_500.jpg

Ended up getting hair this weekend but not from the event! In fact, I don't think any of the weekend event pieces were in my selection but that's fine as I've been chasing this hairstyle since I started the game so it's nice to finally have it :3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
    Darn, just 4k cash in my earned box. I don't really feel like spending on any of it either..
    Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
    add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
    My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts

How many event points do you get? Is it better than doing regular side gigs?
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts

I'm sorry you've been unlucky this weekend :( you're soooo not alone though! This is my second weekend of chasing hair that has been impossible to get. It sucks but it's also kinda funny.. I get so mad at this game and sometimes I have to remind myself that "it's just a game". Haha it frustrates me so much! I'd spend a lot more money if they got rid of the 4K boxes and quit putting daily giftbox items in weekend boxes!! I don't need 10 of the same purse in every different color! Gahhhh! :p
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I got some not so pizey prizes. I got yet another of those sports bra type things, white pants. I got 30 Event points which is good. I did get the dress and hair and stuff, There are good weeks and not so good weeks. I'm really loving the silver cuff necklace. Just earned that in 2 games. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    IDAhGQa.jpg
    I super-duper lucked out this week. Is it just me or has the hair been seen the most so far in the bottom middle two boxes?
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Just realized that you can complete the 3 gigs for So Chic London again to get 3 kstars & 1000 kcash. (It recharges every 3 days). 3 kstars isn't a lot but since we have to do gigs this weekend anyway I figured why not..
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    IDAhGQa.jpg
    I super-duper lucked out this week. Is it just me or has the hair been seen the most so far in the bottom middle two boxes?
    Yep... :D
    Screenshot_2016_01_29_09_41_58_2.png
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here