Options

6/13/16 ~ Another Week, Another Midweek Event? I know there's a Birthday Tuesday!

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    LOL that pantsuit from hell along with the mullet are the WORST . Who from Glu thought, yes this is fashion, so hot, so Kim K. hahaha I wonder, is the pantsuit or hair an actual Kardashian thing? What was their reference?!

It is!

7e287188124bf48354361caa0aa05802.jpg
    PM to add
  • Options
    ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    Congrats on that skirt, wolf! :eek: Definitely the item I'd want the most from a throwback box.

My first one got me this denim shirt/dress I'm probably never gonna wear. I don't mind the item itself, just the way it looks on dolls bothers me. Not as disappointed as I would be over another pair of shoes, though! It feels like an old comfy shirt you wear to paint your room. Hence the broke art student look :p Might like it more if it had some paint splotches on it!
    tumblr_o8riqu7A6g1s4u9nqo1_250.png
  • Options
    EllylovesEllyloves Registered Users 27 Posts
    My first box

image_zpsnkyjo9pg.png

So many clothing items and I managed to miss them lol. Either way I'm happy with the free kstars. Time to try and earn my throwback boxes now. Good luck to everyone, hope you get things you like or at least items you didn't know you wanted till you get it!!
  • Options
    Jwilk100Jwilk100 Registered Users 130 Posts
    That is a horrible outfit lol my first box was 25 kstars so I can't complain, I'm now almost done with box 2 so I hope that pallet is awesome! I think I'll stay positive for this one. I know the black box sucks but I agree with some people saying that glu realized it was just too good of a thing to be giving away.
  • Options
    I know, I love the purse too! I could actually cry I'm so happy. I feel vindicated! That event was one of the most frustrating weekends I've ever had playing this game, I was so angry at myself for wasting so much money, I almost wanted to give up on the game completely over how unfair it was. Now I feel so ecstatic. And it's all because I could buy a second box BTW *wink*

Awwww you can cry on my shoulder lol! I've got those moments before, on certain hair I never won. But... I haven't seen any hairstyles in all my 6 weeks of boxes so hopefully this week.

To many more amazing boxes for us and everyone!

sFeVBxV.gif
    PM to add
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I absolutely hate the idea of replacing the first throwback box with the black box. Glu what heck were you even thinking⁉

I never win anything good from these ****pie black boxes. I won cash and on my other game I won energy.:(
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Cherrey i feel for ya, but at least you didn't end up with a green feather boa haha your second palette looks good though, I love a good pair of sunnies

That's true. The green feather boa is the worst of my nightmares, but I think sooner or later I'm gonna get it :(
    I'm just curious about the thought process which led to Glu's decision to add the black gift boxes to the Throwback event?

I think it's because Glu recently added a lot of stuff to the black gift boxes and wanted to give us the chance to win some of those new items. The black killer boots are also in there <3

Oh, and I'm sorry for you to win that hideous outfit. I already own it. At least we have something fitting for a bad taste party :)
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Aw sorry Cherrey those are the worst picks :( Did you also pay extra KStars to open more black boxes? I hope you get a might good last box, any item on your top list?

Yes, I also paid extra for the black gift boxes because I really want these new shoes :mad:

I would be very happy if I could get a hair for once. I really missed out some great hairstyles! Do you have any priority items you hope for? :o

Wolf, congrats! The skirt is gorgeous :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Drum roll.......................the official Anniversary of the game is June 24th.

I know some of us were wondering; I've seen everything from June 4th to the 26 in places like Wikipedia and elsewhere. So....24th is a Friday......I guess we're getting a very special event next week.

giphy.gif

The date is official.....the assumption that we'll have a special event is player conjecture. Just my opinion.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Whoohooo! Can't wait for the the anniversary event :D

My quick thought on the introduction of the black box into the throwback midweek event... Maybe since we are now able to open further boxes if we like, this will allow the midweek throwbacks to continue (ie we will eventually run out of throwback items even though this will take a long long time). And as Cherrey mentioned, it will give us a chance to win the new daily gift box items (imo, we're more likely to come across these in the throwback black boxes than the daily ones). I think it's sort of a happy medium, we still get 3 or MORE throwback items (if you're able to grind that much and also choose to pay and open more).
    I'm just happy that we now have midweek events, for the first time in ages bc I'm max level, I have storylines that aren't completed right after an update bc I'm concentrating on the reality gigs for the throwback items. I love the game lately, it's like it's been given a new lease of life.

Anyway, my 1st and 2nd boxes
    E48B1947-8563-4BE0-8401-EEF05E03AC78_zpsqwmhi8jg.jpg

I quite like this item and Madison loves it! She says "The bigger the hoops, the bigger the hohoho" lol :D

04F4CA19-A4FE-4AD5-A553-8DCDCF5F516A_zpsfnvouxiy.jpg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    DanniDanni Registered Users 143 Posts
    Does anyone know why I'm only getting two throwback stars after completing events? D:
    Lightsticks11 on gc!
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Happy Birthday Linda!

I wish you to have a 'lindo' day with your family and a life full of happiness! Here's your cake:
    kxgCPaX.jpg

I'm sorry that many are disappointed with the black box, at first I thought it was a glitch, but it wasn't. Anyway today I can't complain because I got a great item from the wardrobe which costs 90 K-stars, so yeah ...

I'm just curious about the thought process which led to Glu's decision to add the black gift boxes to the Throwback event?

Meanwhile at Glu's office:

Almighty GluGod: I think we need to innovate some things on the throwback events, any ideas?

Benevolent GludGod: What if we reduce the number of event points to facilitate for players?

Clueless GluGod: Facilitate? Bad idea! Our players want to be challenged. We don't want to lose our large teenage male audience for any CoD to be released this summer, you talk as if our players were adult women who work and can pay for our items and don't have time to grind during the week! And since you suggested SCL repeatable gigs, your ideas are out of the question.

The GluDevil: How about if we change one throwback box by a regular black event box?

Clueless GluGod: Genius as always GluDevil! This way players will have the opportunity to win their beloved K$ and energy bolts that they are always asking! I think someone is going to get a promotion!

Almighty GluGod: So that's it. Now I have to deal with the problems of Katy Perry Pop!

Customer Care GluGod: Hey, sorry I'm late! Did I miss something?

-
    -
    -

Anyway hope everyone get luck with the other boxes to make up this feeling!:)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    I'm sorry that many are disappointed with the black box, at first I thought it was a glitch, but it wasn't. Anyway today I can't complain because I got a great item from the wardrobe which costs 90 K-stars, so yeah ...

Almighty GluGod: I think we need to innovate some things on the throwback events, any ideas?

Benevolent GludGod: What if we reduce the number of event points to facilitate for players?

Clueless GluGod: Facilitate? Bad idea! Our players want to be challenged. We don't want to lose our large teenage male audience for any CoD to be released this summer, you talk as if our players were adult women who work and can pay for our items and don't have time to grind during the week! And since you suggested SCL repeatable gigs, your ideas are out of the question.

The GluDevil: How about if we change one throwback box by a regular black event box?

Clueless GluGod: Genius as always GluDevil! This way players will have the opportunity to win their beloved K$ and energy bolts that they are always asking! I think someone is going to get a promotion!

Almighty GluGod: So that's it. Now I have to deal with the problems of Katy Perry Pop!

-
    -
    -

Hehehehhe ur funny <3 if only the benevolent GluGod had more lines/chance to speak
    PM to add
  • Options
    Danni wrote: »
    Does anyone know why I'm only getting two throwback stars after completing events? D:

Someone did an 8h reality show and received 2 points too. So that's 2 cases, must be a glitch. How many hours is your gig/reality show?
    PM to add
  • Options
    VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    It is!

7e287188124bf48354361caa0aa05802.jpg

IMG_20160614_120856_zpsu4g0jrxt.jpg

Vida visited her tailor to try and salvage the ugly pantsuit... alas it cannot be done lol forgive the sloppy edit hahaha
  • Options
    DanniDanni Registered Users 143 Posts
    Someone did an 8h reality show and received 2 points too. So that's 2 cases, must be a glitch. How many hours is your gig/reality show?

It happened twice, I figured the first one was because it was an event task left over from last week but then it happened a second time with a normal one :(
    Lightsticks11 on gc!
  • Options
    HBLinda_zpsqqi2xzwl.gif

Happy Birthday Doll! Don't laugh, I made you a banner last week......and lost it on my hard drive.
    So when I find it......I'll post it here.

Let the merriment begin!

LUAOlBar.jpg

You know why we picked Hawaiian theme?

Thank Joe. He wanted to make sure everyone got xxxx

JOE! Stop that. And make sure you don't get into any more trouble!

Here's your first present

jeweledshoe.jpg

Your very own Crystal Slippers. :)

I believe we're opening the Glu Forum Penthouse for this event.

I just have to find the keys. heh heh

In the meantime

Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    EmcatEmcat Registered Users 135 Posts
    image_zpsfspi33v9.png

Ugh, really hating how they replaced a throwback box with the black box. I assumed that they introduced more black box items to the wardrobe because they were trying to make voting weeks more exciting but instead they were just making throwback weeks more frustrating.
  • Options
    It happened twice, I figured the first one was because it was an event task left over from last week but then it happened a second time with a normal one :(

Can you post this, plus your platform info in FAQ? You can start a thread Event Bug or something. So sorry this happened. I was very temped to do an 8 or something,
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

Do you happen to remember what is the name of the gig? how many hours was it?

I have been doing 3hr reality shows at Calabasas and never experienced this bug. Maybe try this instead?
    PM to add
  • Options
    IMG_20160614_120856_zpsu4g0jrxt.jpg

Vida visited her tailor to try and salvage the ugly pantsuit... alas it cannot be done lol forgive the sloppy edit hahaha

Wait, didn't we just have hair or something I saw it and immediately said Pantsuit. Hey, wasn't there a how we style with this outfit? I think all my games 'won' it. ANd, it came out with the addition of Dubai, (or around the same time) so I thought we'd have an event there to wear it. lol.

Carole, you did a great job of modifying it. I keep telling you to follow your talent doll, follow your talent.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Thank you Vats, for your kind words and that cake looks yummie!!!
    And thank you Koko, it all looks so great! And those slippers, you must be a mindreader because I LOVE shoes!!!
    Im having such a great day: breakfast in bed, awesome gifts and a great cooked-by-my-husband dinner.

New shoes!!
    image_zps3n4xmpop.jpeg

And new additions to my Kylie collection!!
    image_zpsardaybtq.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts

Customer Care GluGod: Hey, sorry I'm late! Did I miss something

You crack me up, lol!!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    You know, they could have AT LEAST lowered the points needed if they were going to do this black box junk. 600 is really hard, especially in the middle of the week. We grind our fannies off!

Anyway, happy birthday, Linda! Your new shoes are spectacular!
    tumblr_numg0kCLYm1sg7jo9o1_500.gif
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Happy Birthday Linda!

Those shoes are to die for, lucky you :)
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    My first box contained a pair of strappy black heels with a big gold toe. Pretty cool. And I was given the option to buy another, something that I wasn't able to do last week, and it was only 20 kstars so I did it. Got kash lol. But I use the cash at Oak for dating events so it's all good.
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    badblood.jpg

I'll be back later. This just is not what I'm used to on a Tuesday morning.

However, I do apologize for my inerrant naivety. I actually thought it was going to be a good thing. You know, getting so close to the anniversary of the event, benevolence on the eve of North's Birthday. That kind of thing.

Sometimes it stinks being a cheerful cheerleader.

Awwwwww shucks poor way to start off, koko =( I hope your other girls had better luck!
    Thank you for telling us there was something different with this throwback first!

I'm so sad I'll have only 3 shots at my merdress...

However, from my black box I got shoes I've never seen before!
    They are not a star purchase, not a daily box shoe, or a black one!

I'll post a pic later o/
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Linda!

I wish you to have a 'lindo' day with your family and a life full of happiness! Here's your cake:
    kxgCPaX.jpg

-
    -
    -

Vatsy Vats Vats Vats. I love your take on things.

Hugs
    Koko
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Happy Birthday, Linda!

picgifs-fantasy-4191931.gif
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    The black giftbox:

image_zpsjjmlbtsd.jpeg

It was bound to happen, sooner or later. I posted my distaste for this monster previously, and I have been lucky enough to dodge it. Until today. Now I will shut my big mouth and stop jinxing myself.

Aw man... the fat suit... sorry.. but at least you'll never see it again! It's like the green boa of our gift boxes!
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Drum roll.......................the official Anniversary of the game is June 24th.

I know some of us were wondering; I've seen everything from June 4th to the 26 in places like Wikipedia and elsewhere. So....24th is a Friday......I guess we're getting a very special event next week.

giphy.gif

The date is official.....the assumption that we'll have a special event is player conjecture. Just my opinion.
    I have never missed a weekend event since this game came out, but I'm going on a week-long cruise (with no wifi) that leaves at like noon on June 24th. I guess I'll just have to wake up right when the anniversary event starts and try to make as much progress as I can.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool: