Options

Weekend Event 10/7/2016 - Another Weekend, Another Event, all kinds of Wonderful.

Comments

• Options
    urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    I really like the gift box items. Not sure I'd necessarily pair those boots with the dress, but hey, whatever. I think they really need a stylist to put these outfits together because most of the time the items just don't seem to go together at all. But yeah, anyway...I'm ready to grind! I'll be spending the majority of my weekend in Calabasas, lol.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    I don't like any of the earnable stuff we already have the same jeans pretty much and the shoes and top are so fugly. I like the gift box boots and kinda like the dress and hair! Think I'll get the free box then stop the partying this weekend. Such a let down! At least there's no more flats.
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    mocastilhomocastilho Registered Users 120 Posts
    Thank you so much for the spoilers Kalinda!

I love the items! I agree with urnxo, that the items don't go together but I think that with some other stuff from the wardrobe they would make great outfits!

I'm looking forward to this weekend to start the event!! :)

I wonder if there will be new quests like the past weekends. :)

I'm ready to start working! :D
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I don't really like the earnable stuff I was expecting more from this event. Btw I like the hair, the dress and the boots from the gift boxes.
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    thanks so much Koko, Linda and Jules! I've got my supplies and live on the second floor so it should be ok for me I think, mostly just winds and rain but I have a windowless room I can retreat too if needed be so my fingers are crossed it all goes fine.

I'm likely to miss this weekend event but with these items up for grabs I'm ok with it since they aren't my style and I do want to make note that this is another week of only 2 earnables for the guys. What gives?!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    lol I'm laughing so hard at the guy's gift box hair, thanks, I needed this ;)
    PM to add
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks to our poetess Kalinda!

I was expecting something more elaborated and less boxes from the earnables. The boxes' are ok, hope I get anything just for the bonus since with two boxes on the run takes more time until we reach the third item.

Stop to being mean Miss Monster, that hair is very 10s...from the 20th century HA!

Andrzej and everyone else that will face that, stay safe, sending good vibes to you guys!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    vivianhale wrote: »
    Great items! Any Kim's Shop My Closet offer for this weekend? Thanks.

Kim has amazing style, but there is not going to be a Kim's Shop My Closet offer this weekend.

By the way, welcome to the forum!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    OK.. I love the earnables, but I'm not feeling the gift box items and this makes me SO happy because I'm trying to stockpile my K-Stars for Black Friday. :D

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and if you are in Matthew's path, please stay safe!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    I’m absolutely in love with some of this week’s items because I’m OBSESSED with the black, red and white color scheme. Like, my personal social media cover photos are literally photos of red and black clothes and accessories.

I also adore how Koko kicked things off this morning with a poem about the spoilers because today is National Poetry Day! I know you’re all talented, so post your own poem if you’re feeling creative.

Without further ado, here are the spoilers:

Oct_7_Female_Rewards_Promo.jpg

Oct_7_Female_Giftbox_Promo.jpg

I see Glu's evil plan!! LOL. They're going to put out awesome GB items so we all spend our stars and have to buy more for Black Friday. Very smart, Glu. :) The least you could do is add more Celebrity Perks, though. I want more rewards for spending. :):)
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    Kkhde2000Kkhde2000 Registered Users 26 Posts
    Kalinda?Do u knows what's with them orange dress from the flats banner?Because last midweek event was the inspiration from this dress just with a Jacket and another orange colour.Hopefully we'll get both dresses, without and with jacket❤️And please the Kim braids from the banner too😍
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I like the earnable top myself, possibly because it's just diffrent. Also like the giftbox stuff but it feels so similar to things I already have including the hair, but that's OK since I need to save KStars.

Andrzej and anyone else who may be in the hurricane's path, be careful!!! We'll all be thinking of you!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I ADORE the earnable items this weekend!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the black high heels and the pants and the top omg I'm obsessed and I can't wait to get it all! Thank you, Glu! :rolleyes:

The earnables are waay better than the gift box items in my opinion :)
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Lyanna wrote: »
    I don't like any of the earnable stuff we already have the same jeans pretty much and the shoes and top are so fugly. I like the gift box boots and kinda like the dress and hair! Think I'll get the free box then stop the partying this weekend. Such a let down! At least there's no more flats.

Yeah I'm pretty underwhelmed :/

I like the gift box stuff but I will probably never get it (considering the amount of other **** Glu puts in those boxes), so eh. I especially like the hair and the grey boots :( I wish those were the earnables!

Thanks Kalinda for the spoilers though! :) I was looking forward to that today
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Andrzej, and anyone else bracing themselves for Matthew, stay safe and dry!!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I like the earnable jeans. I already have so many black and gold shoes so I'm feeling whatever on those. I need some silver! Top could be interesting... Maybe paired with the black skirt we earned recently?

Ever since someone pointed out the line at our doll's shoulder I can't stop seeing it. I no longer pick outfits that show it off lol. Glu if you're reading please fix this! Otherwise I'd like the dress. The boots are fun and flirty and they would look great I think with jeans and a blouse.
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    f04d2e9e-9de0-47f4-9c5c-bee93c9863a3_zpsevjvicoz.jpg

I wish I could get these boots in every colour imaginable!! Love the shape of them :o:o
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I like the earnable jeans. I already have so many black and gold shoes so I'm feeling whatever on those. I need some silver! Top could be interesting... Maybe paired with the black skirt we earned recently?

Ever since someone pointed out the line at our doll's shoulder I can't stop seeing it. I no longer pick outfits that show it off lol. Glu if you're reading please fix this! Otherwise I'd like the dress. The boots are fun and flirty and they would look great I think with jeans and a blouse.

I will always choose hairstyles that cover that seam when the clothes show it-- sometimes obscuring the look of the outfit, but at least it hides that distracting seam!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    I'm on the fence about the items -- don't hate them, don't love them. We have the same exact jeans, but I'll take this white pair without the belt. Looking forward to styling them with other things in the closet.
  • Options
    haftime wrote: »
    I will always choose hairstyles that cover that seam when the clothes show it-- sometimes obscuring the look of the outfit, but at least it hides that distracting seam!

Yes! And the seam isn't on VIP characters, even when they're wearing the same outfits.
  • Options
    vivianhalevivianhale Banned Users 48 Posts
    Kim has amazing style, but there is not going to be a Kim's Shop My Closet offer this weekend.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

Thank you Kalinda! But this should be a regular thing, I started to play last month and I really want to own these items.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts

I noticed it shortly after I first started playing. It kinda bothered me a little, but then I thought, oh! Doll! She looks like a doll. Maybe the intention was a similarity to a Barbie-type doll, say? Anyway, since I realized that my doll is in fact a doll, I've been fine with it, not something I notice anymore.
  • Options
    ItsLucienItsLucien Registered Users 19 Posts
    I *need* that red shirt and black jacket! ;) The hair can steer clear of me, though. Not into the slicked flat look.
    Lucien ★ level 25 ★ male character, female player ★ iOS - add me on Facebook since GC is no more
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    I'm too scared to open the box. I'm hoping for the boots
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I didn't hydrate properly. MJust got up an hour late. ;(. But Apple - hit the gas, and got hair, dress and boots. Z is rifling the go, spending all her stars and got ...the boots. 10 boxes, and she got boots. Kat is waking up now. I think it's going to be a chasing game. Apple p is done buying boxes. Well, maybe 3 more. Lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I got 50 energy in my free box. I was sure I was going to get the hair because whenever I don't like a GB item I usually end up picking it :P I would've liked the boots but oh well. I find that I don't get as heartbroken anymore now that we have regular TB events. Anyway, I'm almost to the shoes now so on the plus side I'll be able to finish the event early :)
  • Options
    Ooops, I have no idea how this got locked for a little while. I apologize, but no one said anything, must be all out grinding. :)

Has anyone mentioned the extra day? I am going to assume this is in observance of Canadian Thanksgiving.....so Happy thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends.

04_CANADA_ILLO_master768.jpg

They have the best view of the Falls for one thing. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hey I just realized we actually have an extra day for this event!

GtbbP2T.gif
    PM to add
  • Options
    I know, I breathed a little easier when I saw that, especially because I woke up later than usual. We have a lot of Canadian friends here, so if we're nice, maybe they'll invite us for dinner. Or, we can put out a nice spread here for them. Any special dishes that traditionally go on the Thanksgiving Day Dinner? Oh, I hope it's some replacement for the green bean casserole that is a staple this side of the border for the holiday meals. I'd personally love to find a different dish and I can say "Got this from my Canadian friends" Baba's new girlfriend will twist a little uncomfortably in her chair recalling that his previous girlfriend lived in Windsor, Ontario. But that will be payback for thinking Purple is gaudy.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I got 50 energy in my free box. I was sure I was going to get the hair because whenever I don't like a GB item I usually end up picking it :P I would've liked the boots but oh well. I find that I don't get as heartbroken anymore now that we have regular TB events. Anyway, I'm almost to the shoes now so on the plus side I'll be able to finish the event early :)

Ha, that happened to me instead!
    XnsCy1q.jpg

I put the hair on my doll in case it just has to grow on me. I kinda want to like and its almost how I wear my hair Irl so I feel like I should like it... but there is just something about it that bugs me.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS