Options

Weekend Event 10/7/2016 - Another Weekend, Another Event, all kinds of Wonderful.

Comments

• Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »
    Hey I see you have two boxes open, and I was just curious. The game used to let me watch a video to open a second box and then asking for kstars to open a third, but since a few days it stopped doing that and just asks me for kstars immediately. Now is this just me or did that change for everyone?

It still lets me watch the videos to open a second box. The option never went away for me, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Maybe it depends on location. I saw on another thread that the number of videos depends on where the player is located so that may have something to do with it.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Pants, did you find your crew?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Wanted the boots or the dress, but got the hair and 50 energy ...... really Glu? This hair is a disaster

image_zpszru0tjuf.jpeg
  • Options
    Lants are you 100% sure you didn't leave them somewhere on an incomplete gig? Did you check every one of your houses? Don't forget we recently had the option to film at alternate locations, I know one was the Black Rabbit in Sydney, does anyone remember the second one?
    LantsPance wrote: »
    How do we film reality shows now? The guy isn't in Hollywood for me anymore.
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Wanted the boots or the dress, but got the hair and 50 energy ...... really Glu? This hair is a disaster

image_zpszru0tjuf.jpeg

I'm not a fan of the hair either. The hair may look bad, but Kiki looks cute! :)
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    Mad Max, why would you even think anyone would say you were cheating? You're always such a sweetheart, and fun and nice, and everybody here knows you. I opened 6 boxes--stupid bc there's a crucifix again, twice in two months? That's just wrong to put religious items in gb's. I got the one last month--it's an adorable necklace, really nice, but I'm Jewish so....I was very unhappy I opened those gb's--I did get two great items then, besides, that I really liked so much, but still, it's not fair to do that; at its very heart it's mean and unkind to others, and thoughtless. (see more, below) Not everyone's a Christian, you know? And that time, especially since it came right on the heels of my mentioning about religious pieces just two weeks before that. The original outfit as worn had no such necklace. Funny how it appeared just that two weeks after I had mentioned I was glad a cross was sold in the kloset for people who would like one, and that I would love to see a non-religious necklace that had a few chains to it as well. Spite? Coincidence? Sorry, I'm betting on spite. I'm actually sad now, that people would be so mean-spirited just so immediately after I said something. Sure, the bulk of stuff is prepared some time in advance; but I'll bet a whole lot that it was intentional and mean-spirited. I also feel it was intentional because I had brought up a fact that no one else realized--a weekday event included as an earnable a bead necklace in Pan-African colors, which I said I noticed, I thought was very cool because it added cultural significance, which we need more of in this day and age, and I also gave a little history behind it so everyone could know more behind the importance of African-American, as well as Rastafarian and more, heritage. Only Vida replied, and she was also forward-thinking about multiculturalism, but thought people wouldn't be accepting of it. And she was right. Maybe in the next lifetime.

Ok now, FOUR of my six boxes had 50 points energy each, the other two had kash. (I'm way far from finishing tho.) This is so not cool. What a waste of stars. Why did I even?? I don't care so much for the gb things; but I like to get them for the added event points. Sad and disappointed. I bought stars yesterday for the event. Ordinarily I would buy more today, but I'm so bummed I'm not going to bother/waste more money. None of the things are that desirable anyway. Love the earnable shoes tho, so I'll want those. But am keeping the rest of my star stash for now.

And in a completely different thing going on--none of my Icing club gigs got me a VIP star, nor did my first SCL gig. Does anyone know what's up with this? Thank you.

i'll see if any of my games can do one of those gigs to see about the star situation. Is there any possibility that the cross was being included more as a fashion statement then a religious article? I only say that because so many artists, Victorian goth & rock stars wearing different crosses and things for the fashion? I'm not dismissing your valid point about cultural diversity....I'm just naively saying maybe it's not a discrimination issue after all? But, I did just pass along your feelings to tptb. Hope this helps a little. {{{Hugs}}}
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »
    Monday is Columbus Day.

Thanks for the info Megannita!

Congrats on getting the top Nai! I tried to get it picking the same spot that it was on my first set, but didn't worked this time:
    SU1Yz0c.png?1

Can't believe that ALL 4 items were in this set!!!!

You know when you are expecting something BIG and turns out on something really tiny? Yeah that's the feeling I had picking those sunnies.

At least extra points are guaranted. Great job on Jax pic and please stop to post pics of your brother here, aren't healthy!

Oh Sugar! I generally just comment about girls items when I like them, but I'm father of a girl now too and it's Friday... That hair is just AWFUL!

Never ever think on putting that on K&K GluGods NEVER!

Sorry, not sorry! However I do agree with NQueen, Kiki is cute even on bad hair day!

Does someone else got a random call from Simon congratulating us for our good work on Chevier???? I didn't even purchased that place yet...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    It still lets me watch the videos to open a second box. The option never went away for me, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Maybe it depends on location. I saw on another thread that the number of videos depends on where the player is located so that may have something to do with it.
    I don't know. I've had it run out of videos before but that was only after I pressed the "watch video" button and it told me but I still got the box anyway. Now it's just not showing up at all and goes straight to the kstars.

Oh and Vats, I got that phone call too just now. Very strange.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    Thank you so much NQueen and Vats :) You are good friends, and you made Kiki feel so much better :o
    Vats wrote: »
    Oh Sugar! I generally just comment about girls items when I like them, but I'm father of a girl now too and it's Friday... That hair is just AWFUL!

Sorry, not sorry! However I do agree with NQueen, Kiki is cute even on bad hair day!

Does someone else got a random call from Simon congratulating us for our good work on Chevier???? I didn't even purchased that place yet...
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Agree!
    Both my dolls' KStars are saved. Don't like both hair styles this week.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Megannita!

Congrats on getting the top Nai! I tried to get it picking the same spot that it was on my first set, but didn't worked this time:
    SU1Yz0c.png?1

Can't believe that ALL 4 items were in this set!!!!

You know when you are expecting something BIG and turns out on something really tiny? Yeah that's the feeling I had picking those sunnies.

At least extra points are guaranted. Great job on Jax pic and please stop to post pics of your brother here, aren't healthy!

i got the random call about Chevier in all 3 games. It was strange, we handled ourselves well in theat situation or something .
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I had terrible luck this week! I guess, since I'm not crazy about the GB items, that it's okay, but I still spent a lot of Kstars to get an item (esp. for the bonus). I was trying to save up my kstars! D'oh! I opened 6 boxes in two pallets:

L2gZAsI.png

xS95uku.png

I hope I start getting videos soon so I can save up!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Doll, didn't you get a 'get out of jail card' when I tossed you in the pokey by mistake that time? All kidding aside, you know we know you don't cheat.

Oh, here's a tip...don't pick boxes standing up doing something. I did that withe the Androids while I was making coffee, awful awful picks but the clothes were there, as you said Max. Then I took the iPad over to the den, sat down and just let my fingers do the walking. Hair, dress, boots. calm is better than rushed anytime. :)

I think you are exactly right, Koko. When I get frustrated with not getting something in one of my boxes, I just immediately do another. When I slow it down (and more importantly, debate whether I even like the item that much to be chasing it), I have much better luck.
    Mad Max, why would you even think anyone would say you were cheating? You're always such a sweetheart, and fun and nice, and everybody here knows you. I opened 6 boxes--stupid bc there's a crucifix again, twice in two months? That's just wrong to put religious items in gb's. I got the one last month--it's an adorable necklace, really nice, but I'm Jewish so....I was very unhappy I opened those gb's--I did get two great items then, besides, that I really liked so much, but still, it's not fair to do that; at its very heart it's mean and unkind to others, and thoughtless. (see more, below) Not everyone's a Christian, you know? And that time, especially since it came right on the heels of my mentioning about religious pieces just two weeks before that. The original outfit as worn had no such necklace. Funny how it appeared just that two weeks after I had mentioned I was glad a cross was sold in the kloset for people who would like one, and that I would love to see a non-religious necklace that had a few chains to it as well. Spite? Coincidence? Sorry, I'm betting on spite. I'm actually sad now, that people would be so mean-spirited just so immediately after I said something. Sure, the bulk of stuff is prepared some time in advance; but I'll bet a whole lot that it was intentional and mean-spirited. I also feel it was intentional because I had brought up a fact that no one else realized--a weekday event included as an earnable a bead necklace in Pan-African colors, which I said I noticed, I thought was very cool because it added cultural significance, which we need more of in this day and age, and I also gave a little history behind it so everyone could know more behind the importance of African-American, as well as Rastafarian and more, heritage. Only Vida replied, and she was also forward-thinking about multiculturalism, but thought people wouldn't be accepting of it. And she was right. Maybe in the next lifetime.

Ok now, FOUR of my six boxes had 50 points energy each, the other two had kash. (I'm way far from finishing tho.) This is so not cool. What a waste of stars. Why did I even?? I don't care so much for the gb things; but I like to get them for the added event points. Sad and disappointed. I bought stars yesterday for the event. Ordinarily I would buy more today, but I'm so bummed I'm not going to bother/waste more money. None of the things are that desirable anyway. Love the earnable shoes tho, so I'll want those. But am keeping the rest of my star stash for now.

And in a completely different thing going on--none of my Icing club gigs got me a VIP star, nor did my first SCL gig. Does anyone know what's up with this? Thank you.

Girl, this really made me smile. I'm glad no one thinks I cheated! I just remember, ahem, certain former forum members who would probably post their 'finished' screenshots an hour or two after the start of the event. But at least mine's legit!

I hear you about the crosses. On one hand, I get that they are trying to mirror Kim's outfits and she wears crosses often (not sure whether it is for fashion or religion), so they have that point. But on the other, players all over the world play this game and they should seem some items representative of themselves and their culture -- ones that aren't cultural appropriation. It's a very tricky line to toe for Glu as everyone gets enraged about cultural appropriation in fashion these days (and there's definitely reason), but also sometimes it's okay to explore a culture other than your own if it's done in a respectful, honest way.

But I hope they put something in the game for people of other religions, maybe some subtle nod to Hanukah this holiday season, or Kwanzaa, idk. But I'm not sure they will if Kim doesn't take the lead on it, first. I'm definitely for it, though!
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts

Personally, I love jewelry with a cross on it. I'm not even Christian; if anything, I'd call myself Buddhist. If there were a pendant of a Star of David, I wouldn't be offended in the least.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    I had terrible luck this week! I guess, since I'm not crazy about the GB items, that it's okay, but I still spent a lot of Kstars to get an item (esp. for the bonus). I was trying to save up my kstars! D'oh! I opened 6 boxes in two pallets:

L2gZAsI.png

That's where the shoes & hair were in my palette too. Wish the Kstars were in the bottom right box cause that's my pick. Luckily I didn't chase. An extra item is always nice for the bonus, but since we have an extra day I'll risk it. Also need to save my Kstars for Black Friday, even bought a gc tonight to help.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    So I'm assuming the event quests are the stuff about the Big House tv show, right? Since they are 6 hour gigs. I've been doing those and I just got offered another actress' role in a movie and now I'm not sure what to do lol.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    So I'm assuming the event quests are the stuff about the Big House tv show, right? Since they are 6 hour gigs. I've been doing those and I just got offered another actress' role in a movie and now I'm not sure what to do lol.

I just finished the second one and turned down the role. Afterwards Simon called me, and he was kind of like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" But then he said Elisha was really grateful and wanted me to be in another episode so now I have a third gig.

I don't know what happens if you take the role, I just figured if this happened in real life and some famous actress took over the role of a beloved character on the show for the movie I would hate her so much. I would hate the studio and the actress for agreeing to something despicable like that. I think it would be a sh*tstorm waiting to happen....
    But I don't know if the same rules apply in KKH universe.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Wow, at least you get basic items. My GB palettes had 3 bonus items, and 5 cash, energy and bonus points- and that was the best one. lol. Apple P, got three of the luckiest picks she ever made Got the hair, the dress and the boots, and when the other things were revealed...4000, 50 Energy, 30 Bonus points. Those made up the other 5 boxes.
    But yeah, when you're looking for event bonus items......basic just doesn't cut it. :(

Last weekend I got a box full of energy and basic items again (I hate them all!!) so I sent Glu a complaint lol. I don't have unlimited k-stars so it really annoys me. I don't open any more boxes than the free one because I get so disappointed :(
    Lii wrote: »
    I just finished the second one and turned down the role. Afterwards Simon called me, and he was kind of like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" But then he said Elisha was really grateful and wanted me to be in another episode so now I have a third gig.

I don't know what happens if you take the role, I just figured if this happened in real life and some famous actress took over the role of a beloved character on the show for the movie I would hate her so much. I would hate the studio and the actress for agreeing to something despicable like that. I think it would be a sh*tstorm waiting to happen....

I'm at this decision right now!!! I'm debating using Charm... it's only 1 k-star.... I really don't know what to do! Argh! I don't want to accept in case Eisha gets angry and goes to join Skylar Hale ahah... I think we shouldn't pick "backstab" anyway, as its frowned upon in KKH...
  • Options

Thanks, I kind of feel the same way, I'm inclined to turn it down as I'm trying to make my way through this game being as nice as possible. I avoid arguing with Willow Pape as much as I can for that reason as well. Though I too am curious what happens if you do take the role. I do like that the option is there.
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Val_ wrote: »
    I'm at this decision right now!!! I'm debating using Charm... it's only 1 k-star.... I really don't know what to do! Argh! I don't want to accept in case Eisha gets angry and goes to join Skylar Hale ahah... I think we shouldn't pick "backstab" anyway, as its frowned upon in KKH...
    I'm really curious what the charm option does. Usually it's pretty clear but in this case I have no idea what I would be charming about?
    Thanks, I kind of feel the same way, I'm inclined to turn it down as I'm trying to make my way through this game being as nice as possible. I avoid arguing with Willow Pape as much as I can for that reason as well. Though I too am curious what happens if you do take the role. I do like that the option is there.
    Yeah, I'm the same way. And usually that is the best way to behave anyways but I'm curious too. I think Angeline (or was it someone else? If so I'm really sorry!) always picks the two different options with her two games so maybe she can enlighten us about what happens :D
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    I went with the option of doing the movie so I will let you know what happens :D
    Game Centre: +Lya+
  • Options
    ItsLucienItsLucien Registered Users 19 Posts
    I am a lucky duck. First box I opened had the pants, and I chose not to open any more as the event had just started and I wanted to think about it some. Decided I had to have the red shirt + jacket, bought some stars, and waited for the 2nd box.

PN0fbkj.png

Opened left to right :cool:

oFpaeoL.jpg
    (ignore the terrible clipping issues in the above image)

This is the first set for guys I've *really* liked in a long time. So happy!
    Lucien ★ level 25 ★ male character, female player ★ iOS - add me on Facebook since GC is no more
  • Options
    I'm really curious what the charm option does. Usually it's pretty clear but in this case I have no idea what I would be charming about?

Yeah, I'm the same way. And usually that is the best way to behave anyways but I'm curious too. I think Angeline (or was it someone else? If so I'm really sorry!) always picks the two different options with her two games so maybe she can enlighten us about what happens :D

Just a heads up, there is a fourth event gig this week. I didnt get the extra bonus in the end of the third gig.
    Hopefully, there will be some in the end of the forth gig or even more?
    If you decline the role, Elisha will thank you. If you accept the role, Hilary will tell you the film will turn out great. I guess nothing bad is happening choosing either way so far. I never spend KStars to charm, so don't know that route. Usually it's a waste. No matter you accept the movie role or not, you get to go to an industry event at Panino as a fourth gig.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    ItsLucien wrote: »
    I am a lucky duck. First box I opened had the pants, and I chose not to open any more as the event had just started and I wanted to think about it some. Decided I had to have the red shirt + jacket, bought some stars, and waited for the 2nd box.
    PN0fbkj.png
    Opened left to right :cool:
    This is the first set for guys I've *really* liked in a long time. So happy!

Wow! That's a really good pick & good palette (no energy, Kash, event points!!). Congrats!
    I'm glad to see more male dolls on the forum. Welcome!
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts

I chose Charm because it was only 1 k-star and I couldn't decide between the other two options. The director said she was going to find a role for both of us so my next event is filming the movie!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I charmed and got a k-star back for finishing the gig so technically it didn't cost to charm (at least in my game)
  • Options
    I charmed and got a k-star back for finishing the gig so technically it didn't cost to charm (at least in my game)

Did you get to do the fourth gig? Usually using KStars to charm, you get to skip a gig?!
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hi. I'm finishing the Kimmie's and will post them here. First up,
    Jax and Xan. I put them together, and have them singly.

Look at the double awards up there for those two. Congratulations Jax, congratulations Xan you both look wonderful

Kimmie_Jaxn_Xan.gif

Kimmie_Jax.gif
    Kimmie_Xan.gif

Thanks doll! My award should have sparkled more than anyone else's. Haha, just kidding! Love it. I don't know how I totally missed this so thanks for the PM.
    PM to add
  • Options
    I lost where someone was asking about the Ice Club gigs, and not getting a star? Ok I'll post here and hope they see it. I did 3 gigs on 2 Androids, and they all got stars. THe thing was, the star wasn't part of the initial payout where it shows how much cash, xp , energy or whatever on a pop up box in the middle of the screen. My star payout came from the 2nd payment that pops up from the lower tight. hang on I have a screenshot for that. ANd then ....I'm taking my tired, disconnected brain back to bed for a little nap. Baba went to the city bright and early this morning, meeting his GF there for Comicon. Then he's staying in the city at her uncles place again, and going back to Comicon tomorrow. SO, I've been up way too long, causing way too much trouble. Let me grab that screenshot.....

Here's the initial payout.....no mention of stars

Studio_20161008_1030282_zpsnfjbh7lh.png

Then a little tab popped up in the bottom right, I apped it and look underneath the cash, you'll see a star (I thought it was 2, I could be wrong)

Studio_20161008_103132_zpsh4buxgml.png
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    So glad you like them Nai. now 2 games are done, and Koko's taking a nap. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary