Options

Monday Means May Day~ & A SYS MidWeek 5/2/17

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    These events are too hard to finish. I know people suggested lower wait times or more time to finish. Even lowering it from a four hour wait to a three hour wait would make it achievable.

My boyfriend banned me long ago from setting alarms for the middle of the night to submit looks. It's hard as an adult to have a justifiable response as to why I should interrupt his sleep for an app.

I'm also all for bringing back the days when the first box was a throwback box.

Sterling, I couldn't agree more about not waking up our partner with an alarm for the game. That is why I endorse the Beautiful Skin/Silent Alarm program. Start extra hydrating in the evening hours before bed. Certainly he will not object to you getting up because nature calls. And he'll probably sleep through it. That's the silent alarm part. The beautiful skin because the more water you drink, the more lovely your skin. Seriously, this has save me from any number of arguments. He has to sleep...I don't. lol. Others have tried it and it works.

eta: but some did the math for me a while ago, and even if you lose every round, it allows for a little sleep, and you can still win. I hope you give it a try. Don't give up. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Screenshot_2017-05-03-01-27-29_zpsz7jmsvgj.png

Oml I WON! finally! :o
  • Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    It would be great if voting for looks decreased your wait time.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    We have not changed any prices on our end. Sometimes the platforms (like Apple or Google) may need to alter prices based on the changing exchange rates.
    Thank you, Kalinda, for explaining. I figured that much, it just took me by total surprise as the prices have never gone up since I started playing in October 2014!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Meant to edit but deleted instead. My event points showed up eventually but just kind of late?
  • Options
    LantsPance wrote: »
    Let's not talk about what? I'm so confused.

It was referriing to verbal spoilers from another source. You know you 're good Lantsy. We both posted roughly the same time, so it looked like I was referring to you.

Ok, so I didn't hydrate enough and missed my mark by 2 hours. So, all together, i'm 2:30 down or wasted. So with that....Back to bed if I can do it.i can do it. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    Can someone please for the love of God answer me why facebook computer users don't get the SYS event??? :confused:
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

• Options
    kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
    We have not changed any prices on our end. Sometimes the platforms (like Apple or Google) may need to alter prices based on the changing exchange rates.
    But isn't the dollar worth less than the euro though? This is the first time I've experienced this so I'm just a bit confused about it?
  • Options
    kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
    Its very possible that the rate of exchange into USD has changed. Might this pertain to you guys?

Nothing has changed in mine, I'm in the states, as is the game. Come to NY for s visit, and buy all the stars yiu want. I'll cook. Like now, once again stuffed shells with meatball parmesean. Who's hungry?
    That's so strange though since the euro is worth more than the dollar. I'm so confused about this haha
    Well, if you give me a plate wthout parmesean I am totally coming over!
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Weslicious wrote: »
    Mine was going well. No charge notification, won my first round so went straight back in for the second when...

14w94qp.png

Sorted now, I think it just needed to catch itself up lol.

Hahaha I saw one of those in the beginning too!!
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    XV3oDjU.png?1

giphy.gif

Having the worst luck with these TB boxes lately! I just want a cute pair of shoes or an outfit :(:(
  • Options
    Oh Soundspretty, I feel your pain!
    I lost the first three rounds but won the following rounds so I got to my Throwback box:

IMG_0017.png

C'mon!!!! WHY do I keep missing THE dress!!

giphy.gif

ETA: This one is also very fitting lol

200w.gif
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    Linda! That dress pops up in every throwback palette doesn't it? and you miss it every time? a) I'd gladly give you one of mine But let me pass on the advice my son gave me when I was having no luck chasing the Princesses Ring. Pick a box and play it everytime. The day you jump off it.....it will be in that box. so, every single time, play the same box.

But that's what you have been doing huh? Doll I feel your pain. It's like that dress taunts you. It's mocking you. There's only one thing you can do.....get the dress. First off, act aloof. Trash talk in front of your game like "Yeah, well I am SO glad I'm not getting that cotton candy pink prom dress. Ugh. where would I wear it? and those corners are so sharp, I'll give myself surface cuts everytime I move. I wouldn't wear that piece of trash if it came with 200 Stars attached." That kind of thing. You'll enrage it so, the next time you picked "the Box" it would be there to spite you. These damm pixels think they're the boss of us. Every so often, you just have to give it an emotional smack down, show it who's boss. And.....when all else fails.....just think pink.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 400 Posts
    Can someone please for the love of God answer me why facebook computer users don't get the SYS event??? :confused:

Hi kkhaddict92,

Unfortunately we are unable to offer certain features (such as Show Your Style) on the Facebook version of this game due to technical issues with that platform. If you are interested in playing the Show Your Style event, please download the game on iOS or Android to enjoy this feature :)

Thanks,
    e+b
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    I'm so happy I won all my rounds if I win one more I get the hair! I won the dress this morning it's gorgeous on my doll! This is the first time in the SYS Iv ever won I'm so happy! 182 points out of 210 wish me luck! Both my boxes were terrible btw I won a bag in the first box and earrings in the throw back box that weren't from a throwback event.
  • Options
    Good luck doll. I over shot my 1:30 wake up by 2 hours, so that put me back to 7:30, when PuterHead was leaving....so that pushed me back another 15 minutes. So, my current rounds end in 1:45. My need for sleep, and love of my PuterHead ate nearly a whole round. :(

Hey, does anyone need any cheerleading? a little You can do it You can do it? There is still plenty of time, if you just keep plugging away. And voting makes the time go faster. I've seen so many great looks. Accessories are everything.

As much as I enjoyed my tbs....hey. what are the chances...the white gold and diamond stack of bracelets? They weren't on my radar till I saw a doll with them and said "Ooooooh Koko likey" then 20 minutes later.....I got my iOS TB.....1 box picked that bracelet stack. A few minutes later, 2nd game got the TB.....Yes, different spot, different platform......I picked the same bracelets. I can't recall what the 3rd game got, but the bracelets by 2 different games, right after seeing the bracelet and saying "I need these" boom....2 games. I was psyched. Any TB is a blessing. I hardly ever complete the standard midweek TBs.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Hi all! Long time no see. But here we are again with the SYS...I kinda like it, like I'm getting this dress and participating in the fun. I'm actually feeling inspired and Xime has won so far. I've discovered I like it more now that I don't think constantly about it. Like, I won't be the one even thinking about setting up an alarm to send a look, ever lol. I'll probable never get to the hair (thank you lord) and probably won't even go for the dress but I'll have fun playing 'cause life 's too short.

Now Glu, I've been playing this game for the last 3 years, I've started it about 3 times and lost lots of love for it because in times like this one, when I get to see every item I once had for my doll and I cannot get back unless I slave myself to play the game every week for the TBs, that I don't like. I think the game is cool, but the impossibility to store the game on the cloud and save us all the pain of not just start over but loose every single item we have ever won in weekend events...well, let's just say it's the worst thing ever.

Big hugs to all those that know me and the new people!!
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    It's so great to see you. Welcome back.

WBPurple.gif Isn't this one of the most fun events? I'm so glad to see you here. Have you connected with FB? I still have your guys frozen in Winter clothes from over a year ago. lol. But that doesn't mean we didn't party and Reality show together. lol.

Oh....have you checked out the new businesses? We have so many now, and they just added the amusement park. My fave is the Chevier in Paris. 3 gigs. 7 Stars and 5grand cash.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    It's so great to see you. Welcome back.

WBPurple.gif Isn't this one of the most fun events? I'm so glad to see you here. Have you connected with FB? I still have your guys frozen in Winter clothes from over a year ago. lol. But that doesn't mean we didn't party and Reality show together. lol.

Oh....have you checked out the new businesses? We have so many now, and they just added the amusement park. My fave is the Chevier in Paris. 3 gigs. 7 Stars and 5grand cash.

Oh! Thank you Koko. Yes I see you in my game in the same clothes lol. It's not funny but lol :P. I've seen some of the new businesses. Chevier for sure, but I have none. I was wating for the next VIP to go for it but then the event happened and I was super poor, there is always the next one. I'm still on So Chic California but wating to have London if I ever get there on the storylines...takes me forever 'cause I always enter the game to change clothes and have a date with lovely Jax and maybe if I'm willing to go around and search the world for energy I go for a storyline.

Where in the world is the amusement park?. I don't come here too often but I still play the game everyday (almost). This is the kind of information I loose when I'm not being social lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Congrats Drama3x!

I'm at 150 right now, depending on the results I can finish today.

SoundsP and Linda, same here, no luck with my boxes, got energy on the black one and despite the throwback set was filled with good stuff I got black trousers, nothing special about them, just black as the 50 others I already have.

Thanks Holly! Already took all cares needed, I'm feeling better today.:)

Hi Tara and Stardust! Good to see you here again!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for cheering me up and rooting for me, Koko, you are the sweetest!
    There is one certainty: I will have that dress in 7 weeks at the latest as I am only missing 7 items!!

Gosh I still can't get over the fact that Glu gave us a SYS and that is has such amazing items!!!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    Wow great score already, Dramadramadrama!!

Welcome back, Stardust! Great to see you again!

Aw, so sorry your boxes were not so great either, Vats! Hugs for you!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    Ok, I need some math help. No snickering. the hair is 210 points. a losing round gives 15 points for 4 hours. 23 hours left? ok, right off the bat, subtract 4...so in 19 hours you must submit your last look. Right? because after the timer hits 4 hours left, no more looks are accepted because there will not be 4 hours of voting. 12 Noon eastern tomorrow it's over. Ergo your last look must be submitted by 8 am Eastern. Or you won't get points for submission and result. In the past, people have missed out, not realizing. oh, my math question? Nvmd. I think I'll make it.

So, if you need a last round tomorrow morning eastern, you might want to buy your last results early, so you have the last round to enter and receive points.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I'm one win away from the hair, hope I'll win this round!
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    Good luck Kate, fingers crossed for you and any others hoping to finish shortly. Come back and show your prizes. This event is just so much fun it's a great big boost for the forum. that's my opinion. :p
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hugs back, Linda!

Koko, if my math is right, if we're sending looks at every 4h from the start, we just need to win once, even losing all other rounds gathering 15 points per turn is enough to complete it without having to pay for earlier results.

SYS is all about patience.

My third box was all I needed at the moment. I was growing frustrated by doesn't have a good pair of shoes that goes perfectly with Vats' current look, then the box gave him a perfect match! Very handy!

Now working my way to the hair, isn't Vats' style, so I'm not rushed to get there. Will be able to sleep tonight and still get the hair by the morning.:)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Ok, I need some math help. No snickering. the hair is 210 points. a losing round gives 15 points for 4 hours. 23 hours left? ok, right off the bat, subtract 4...so in 19 hours you must submit your last look. Right? because after the timer hits 4 hours left, no more looks are accepted because there will not be 4 hours of voting. 12 Noon eastern tomorrow it's over. Ergo your last look must be submitted by 8 am Eastern. Or you won't get points for submission and result. In the past, people have missed out, not realizing. oh, my math question? Nvmd. I think I'll make it.

So, if you need a last round tomorrow morning eastern, you might want to buy your last results early, so you have the last round to enter and receive points.

Yes, I believe it won't even let you submit a look once the timer goes past 4 hours.
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Love to have SYS back! I'm not grinding like I normally would be during a midweek (which is a nice change of pace!), but I have been anxiously checking the clock to get my every four hour submission in, and not always succeeding.

I've been doing pretty well with my submission-- so far I've won all but one round with this look:

htRaZzn.jpg

I LOVE that this dress is not skin-tight. It's short, and shows cleavage, so I like that it's a little looser through the waist to offset that. Also, it seems like a dress one could dance in! I also really like the winged heels that she's wearing with the dress. I felt like 2 statement pieces, plus some big black hoop earrings, were just enough accessories for Everly, though I did throw in that big glorious hair, too.

My TB palette was pretty ho-hum this week:

xcvYOCn.png?1

I like the shoes, though they're quite similar to others in Everly's closet, but none of the other items were ones I've been waiting for, so it's okay. It sure was nice to get a TB box so early in the midweek, though! Thank you, Glu!

So far Everly's made it to the pretty gold dress and is on her way to the hair. Even if she loses from here out, I should be able to get the hair.

I'd love to see the looks that my forum friends are submitting! Please share :)
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    Hugs back, Linda!

Koko, if my math is right, if we're sending looks at every 4h from the start, we just need to win once, even losing all other rounds gathering 15 points per turn is enough to complete it without having to pay for earlier results.

SYS is all about patience.

My third box was all I needed at the moment. I was growing frustrated by doesn't have a good pair of shoes that goes perfectly with Vats' current look, then the box gave him a perfect match! Very handy!

Now working my way to the hair, isn't Vats' style, so I'm not rushed to get there. Will be able to sleep tonight and still get the hair by the morning.

I'll have to go take another look. I thought it was very Vatsy/Vatsey (Thank you Cherrey both spellings just seemed to jump out like a ohrase...meaning something he would look winderful in. Something could be very Vatsy/Vatsey on you, or me...or SoundsPretty right here...)

Yes, I believe it won't even let you submit a look once the timer goes past 4 hours.
    we should remind people to get their looks in 4:15 before the event ends. Unfortunately, it's always gotten a few people.

So has anyone come in with the win yet?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Oh wow, Kate, great job!!

Yay, Vats, happy your second Throwback box was great!

Everly, I think I voted for you, loooove that big hairstyle!!

These were my submissions so far. The first one got the most wins, so I'm sticking to it:

IMG_0043.jpg
    Linda

#KKH4Life