Options

Weekend Event 5/05/17 ~ Cinco de Mayo - Salsa for Everyone!

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Amilicious wrote: »
    It's VIP, I have the whole outfit aside from the hair.

Thanks! Question, how long did it take you?

I'm thinking on the VIP subscription but... honestly if it gave Kstars, I'd subscribe without hesitation.
    PM to add
  • Options
    AvakkgAvakkg Registered Users 112 Posts
    Not fan of those earnables :( I love what we can get in the boxes tho :D
    KKG - KKH - NM: The Empire
    Instagram
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Avakkg wrote: »
    Not fan of those earnables :( I love what we can get in the boxes tho :D

I think the orange top is all I'm slightly liking from the earnables the outfit from the boxes looks amazing I wish that was the earnable outfit.
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Wish these outfits were next week or the week after when I'm on vacation. They're just not my style. But I can't even be mad cause I'm still on a high from the SYS event!!
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Just on a side note St. Patrick's day is highly celebrated well in Ireland it's a national holiday and they have parades all over the world to celebrate it!

I was referring more to the American level of tacky that happens when we "adopt" a holiday. I don't think Cinco de Mayo is as bad but it certainly leaves room for cultural appropriation. Like please don't wear sombreros to Mexican restaurants. Please.
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    What in the actual heck? This is the most garbage outfit yet. She looks like someone who gave up on life. The shirt makes her look like she has a mufin top. All that's missing is a pack of smokes, a breakfast burrito and a half chugged bottle of rosé.

Y'know, I came back because I saw the purple SYS dress in spoilers and thought Glu got their style mojo back. It gave me hope.

I even DID pay to play (even though I'm against the principle of that) because that dress was something I'd buy in a hot second if it was just a stand alone item in the wardrobe.

Also, my game had a stockpile of earned stars and there has been NOTHING decent to spend them on. I even spent 20 stars to speed up voting because I was having connectivity issues.

Glu needs to bring fashion back and they need to do it now. Use stuff like the Met Gala, fashion week and recent awards dresses as inspiration. Even star street style.

The reason people were so jazzed about the return of SYS DESPITE the scummy pay-to-play dress purchase is because the game has been boring and the clothes are depressing. It's literally like you've been feeding us cans of spam, so we're just happy when you throw us a peanutbutter sandwich.

Design better. Design better. Design better. Ask your interns to do it if your design department is this burnt out. Challenge yourselves to offer a better product. Dang.
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Another amazing gb hair that I will have to pass up on because the giftboxes in this game absolutely suck and I can't afford to pay $150+ a month on a game.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Thanks for the spoilers Kalinda!:)

I absolutely love the earnables! Hope I get the shoes from the boxes to go with the earnables!

Yes this is a Mexican celebration, and for what I understand is celebrated by Mexican-Americans, not a thing in Mexico (please fellow Mexicans correct me if I'm wrong!), isn't a general 'Latin' celebration.

And in Brazil, these terms 'Latin/Hispanic' doesn't mean anything to the general population. If you ask them the meaning of 'Latino', they'll probably answer that is the name of a famous singer from there lol.

Not sure about how this works on other central/south-american countries nor in European countries of latin languages though, but looks like a major thing between North-Americans and Colombians.

Said that, I love Mexico! Here's Mexican diosa Thalia to cheer up the party:

The video is raunchy, but she's basically praying in that song, ok? Can you handle Mexican spice?;)

Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican tradition of course some NOT all Mexicans celebrate Cinco de Mayo regardless if they are in the states or in Mexico, BUT mixed nations can celebrate it as well meaning if you're hispanic/Latino or you don't have any latino heritage etc etc you can celebrate it in fact as Koko mentioned you don't necessarily have to be a Latino to celebrate Cinco de Mayo everyone deserves to drink a Margarita and get out the piñatas for the kids to break open besides everyone can enjoy salsa dancing and margaritas so they can unwind. Everyone needs a little break every now and then.

So Feliz Cinco de Mayo Vats ^.^
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    I was referring more to the American level of tacky that happens when we "adopt" a holiday. I don't think Cinco de Mayo is as bad but it certainly leaves room for cultural appropriation. Like please don't wear sombreros to Mexican restaurants. Please.

Haha! I just have an image of lots of people in a restaurant wearing sombreros! I totally get what you mean!
  • Options
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    What in the actual heck? This is the most garbage outfit yet. She looks like someone who gave up on life. The shirt makes her look like she has a mufin top. All that's missing is a pack of smokes, a breakfast burrito and a half chugged bottle of rosé.

Omg hahaha. I don't mind the shirt so much. I think it's the pairing with the capris that look silly. I also don't understand the toddler sandals. Might as well give us a pair of crocs
  • Options
    Cinco de Mayo is a minor holiday in Mexico. It's only big in America because the beer companies appropriated it and promoted it widely with the emphasis on celebratory drinking to sell more beer. True story. Google it.
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Omg hahaha. I don't mind the shirt so much. I think it's the pairing with the capris that look silly. I also don't understand the toddler sandals. Might as well give us a pair of crocs

Ummm.... as I glance down at my leopard print crocs....
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Thanks for the spoilers Kalinda!:)

I absolutely love the earnables! Hope I get the shoes from the boxes to go with the earnables!

Yes this is a Mexican celebration, and for what I understand is celebrated by Mexican-Americans, not a thing in Mexico (please fellow Mexicans correct me if I'm wrong!), isn't a general 'Latin' celebration.

And in Brazil, these terms 'Latin/Hispanic' doesn't mean anything to the general population. If you ask them the meaning of 'Latino', they'll probably answer that is the name of a famous singer from there lol.

LATINO! LOL! So true hahaha!

Here´s my contribution for the thread with my favorite Mexican diva, Anahí!
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »

Sorry Holly but I can't with crocs! Although I say that with an entire tub of flip flops waiting for me at home lol
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hi Paty! Anahí is my favorite too! #rbdforever

Thanks for the info about the Holiday, SoundsP and Savage!
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Really? Maybe is the impression I get from my very little experience on all things Brazilian but...around here Latino means a lot of things, not always good or even related to Brazil, but it sure is a lot more than a singer lol. And yeah, for Colombians being a latino means a lot of things too but mostly just being from this huge mix of cultures and speaking latin lenguages, it's actually a reason for pride or shame and a huge cultural background and history that defines "our culture".

I get what you mean, given your background, where you live (a big city with infusion of lots of different cultures) and your high level of instruction, guess that that feel comes from the acquaintanceship with people that have access to travels and learned how all this works from experience.

However I was talking about general population. Ask them 'how do you feel about being a latin?', we'll get a big 'Huh?', try to explain to a person from Bahia (state with most black people and adepts of African religions) that they belong to the same cultural cluster from Argentinians, we'll get a big side eye XD.
    astray wrote: »
    So Feliz Cinco de Mayo Vats ^.^

Feliz Cinco de Mayo to you too!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    None of the items are to my personal taste, so I'm taking the positives from this - I never finish party events, and so am happy I will miss out on the orange blouse rather than some amazing earnable hair or something along those lines! SYS was so good this week that I don't feel a bit disappointed, and will look forward to a more relaxed in-game weekend (will go for the box and maybe the sandals as they're achievable and won't come up in future TBs if I get them now).
  • Options
    eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    ayyy i'm mexican. i live in mexico and no. we don't celebrate cinco de mayo.
    it's not really a holiday, it's more of a commemoration because we defeated france's army which back in the day was one of the best in the world and ours was... well we're mexico lmao.

except for very few institutions and the city of puebla, we don't really care. i think it was more of a thing for mexican-americans to embrace their heritage, but then it evolved into this monstrosity where everyone thinks it's another excuse to get drunk.

but anyway i don't wanna get too political so putting that aside, the outfit is so lazy i'm not even going to go for it. maybe the shoes if i'm tempted enough.

last week's earnables were so good i'm a sucker for blazers we need more blazers come on.

parisian chic style when french-style-black-blazer-jeans-grey-tee-pumps-via-fashiontelegraph.co_.uk_.jpg
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Happy Cinco de Mayo. We'll be partying this weekend!

I love the tucked in orange earnable shirt and frayed jeans, as well as the guys' gift box pants.

May_05-_Female_Rewards_Promo.jpg

May_05_-_Female_Giftbox_Promo.jpg

May_05_-_Male_Rewards_Promo.jpg

May_05_-_Male_Giftbox_Promo.jpg

Are you joking? This stuff gets worse and unbelievably worse and worse; this isn't fashion, it's an Appalachian redneck hoedown. And how about that hokey hicktown hat. Yeah, I'll be walking down the street in either of these outfits any day now. Wondering who picked out the MC boots...that must've been an error in GOOD judgment. Last weekend's "selection" was horrendous enough--some homeless hipster chick with good hair. Who is picking all this garbage? Worse: who is approving it? And let me mention the ugly trash from the no-VIP-storyline this past update: I wouldn't be caught dead in that c r a p. I have paid for heinous elephant pants and yet another hairstyle with a ball cap. We were on vacation the last two weeks, but the wifi at the Barbados Hilton and at Disney World (hey, it's "The happiest place on earth"!) were both fire, so I could daily date as well as, surprisingly, do the events successfully--at the pool a bit, and late at night. I thought I would be back in time for the update, but around 12:30 in the a.m. one night I opened the game and it auto downloaded in, like, microseconds. Korea is beautifully done--I love the home--with a bathroom!; the bedroom is gorgeous, it's all just, yeah, beautiful, an excellent and uber creative, thoughtful, expert job. So w t h with the clothes?? Last week a dress from Goodwill and children's shoes.... If I wanted to still play K&K I would. Check your demographics, Glu. And now this?? More and more I'm less inspired to play, and I will not buy a chunk of K-stars tomorrow morning as I do every week. More, this update was going to be my final decision on whether or not to move up to Gold VIP status. Now it's a matter of just canceling it altogether. Yes. I'm late to the party; but I'd rather be in the Caribbean and tropical U.S. than 50-degree and raining NYC, buying a bunch of new virtual clothes and yes, I caved for the stupidly-priced robot too; I named him Robbie (duh), and hope he's handing me a peony rather than a rose (but hey, a rose is great too; it's just I adore peonies. I took a screenshot shot earlier; I'll check later). But please note, I will NOT spend 150 stars on a sidekick again. Ever.I own every home and every pet in the game. What else was I going to do? Oh, and...very smart--another useless mall. Designer: You have ref from the Dubai mall! The dining icon is NOT the one that belongs on the door! Smdh. Yet again. Happy to see I'm no longer recommending Khaki dress sorts. This is likely due to, I'm guessing, Kalinda. You know, someone who has a *brain*. And still, ever still, with every new location we have so-called "rewards" going unreachably out of bounds in whatever venue it happens to be. If we're supposed to be picking up the dollars and XP in order to speed up energy regeneration by a whopping five seconds, we're not being permitted to do that. Tell me, is it ignorance? Laziness? A lack of pride in work? The jokes aren't funny, they're pathetic. In what other games does this kind of slop job happen? Because I have seen them nowhere else. And I can count many, Many, MANY games under my belt. The more disgusted I get, with the game, with the forum, the less I play, the less I spend, the less I drop in. Almost none of my friends come here anymore. Some have quit playing altogether. And let's get to pay-to-play. The SYS this week was played tentatively at first, I noticed, blowing back to that miserable sham of a WWIB, where absolutely everyone was afraid to actually show her or his style because the whole setup was bogus. And so we had the vast majority of players this week at first doing nothing but requisite dress, hairstyle, shoes. As the hours and days went on, luckily and happily people relaxed as they saw they wouldn't be punished for actually showing their style. It was a huge breath of fresh air, when people finally realized they were free to relax and just be themselves, no matter how they styled. I haven't done too many SYS since we started being coerced into buying items we neither liked nor wanted. A few times I actually had the item. One time I had actually intended on buying the item, but decided not to when it became a pay-to-play pair of pants. I never did end up buying them. The desire to, and pleasure in it, had been killed by Glu greed. Btw, does anyone else's game, when they tap on Glu Toronto, NEVER give them an energy bolt? So appropriate mine never does. And half the time it gives me nothing at all. It makes me laugh. What else would I expect?? Back to SYS... One time with the event--well, 2wice now--it was an item I was going to buy either way, past pants be d a m n e d. And other than those instances I had stopped playing SYS. And let me tell you, I was sick to fk all of that dang purple dress, all day, every day, every second, every minute, every hour this week. Oh well, at least it wasn't the hokey gb hat-n-hair in this weekend's event. Nope, Dorothy. Not in Kansas anymore. And btw: Why is Mari Han wearing the shoes we can only get from our so's? I wouldn't have bothered to post at all today, as has become more or less my norm. But the weekend event clothes, look, they've become unacceptable. And now that I'm home again, I want to voice my feelings about the VIP garbage that just came to pass. Is this the precedent for what's to come? If so, I'm out. And right now...I'm out right now too.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok, you want to know why the thread is Cinco de Mayo? Becaue of the date, and it's a party theme in lots of places. Mea Culpa. It's a Spanish phrase, so silly me assumed a lot of Spanish speaking people, and Spanish decendants would celebrate. Was I there when St Patrick brought the Church to Ireland? No. but ancestors were, so yeah wish me a Happy St. Patricks day. Let's all just chill, and leave negative stereotypes out of it.

I'm off doing a little photoshop edit to show how awesome the boots are in constructing my ultimate biker chick chic ensemble. And, we already have helmet head hair......again a black german helpmet to wear over the shoulder would complete the look. maybe a chain from the pants to a pocket....but that's up to glu. no pressure.

See you soon with my mock up.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    the weekend event clothes, look, they've become unacceptable.

Seriously, unacceptable.

Looking again, it looks like what old women wear on Nantucket when they go clam-digging. How does this represent the Kardashian brand?

You also reminded me in bringing up the 'fear of good styling' point, that I meant to say something earlier. In fact I DO feel like people vote for basic dolls during SYS. My style is always fire, yet I see people winning who styled with black heels and a bracelet while I win 1/3 of the time. Either people have trash taste, randomly click, or they're picking basicness on purpose.
  • Options
    Bootsie_B.jpg

Is Butterfly rocking those boots or what? Yes. I'm chasing.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    I don't know about you guys, as I don't have time to rush through all the comments, but I'm loving both outfits! The earnables are solid imo - I definitely have some nice clothes to go with those sandals, and the tucked in shirt is pretty cute.
    The GB oufit.. OMG. Absolutely in love with it! That hairstyle is to die for, and the shoes are sick. Hopefully, I'll have some luck, as I'm willing to spend K-Stars to snatch that hair. :o

I must also add that both male outfits are literally ON FIRE. Love them, especially the hairstyles!

Good job, Glu!
  • Options
    I think the guys outfits are great. And, there are enough nice pieces in the girls outfits, I really feel like they'll fit with so many different looks. I've shown how I love the boots, and the orange top is really cute. the way the front tuck falls is going to look great with shorts, pants and other skirts. I'll be honest....I'm probably going to get the hat right off the bat, because it's the one piece I don't care for.

But as far as the lack luster looks everyone is talking about....look at the SYS midweek event we just had. Those clothes were phenomenal. Don't we always get more casual almost off the rack separates this time of year? I'm always finding new pieces absolutely make an outfit I may have overlooked. Like when 'just' the right pair of shoes pop up for a certain dress. or even a scarf. I look through my wardrobe and see lots of wonderful clothes. I'm not going to like everything, but if a week is a little bit of a clunker.....it only means next week's clothes will be that much better.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »

Oh, I would love a pair of purple leopard crocs. comfort, cute....what more could you ask for.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, you want to know why the thread is Cinco de Mayo? Becaue of the date, and it's a party theme in lots of places. Mea Culpa. It's a Spanish phrase, so silly me assumed a lot of Spanish speaking people, and Spanish decendants would celebrate. Was I there when St Patrick brought the Church to Ireland? No. but ancestors were, so yeah wish me a Happy St. Patricks day. Let's all just chill, and leave negative stereotypes out of it.

I'm off doing a little photoshop edit to show how awesome the boots are in constructing my ultimate biker chick chic ensemble. And, we already have helmet head hair......again a black german helpmet to wear over the shoulder would complete the look. maybe a chain from the pants to a pocket....but that's up to glu. no pressure.

Oh Koko, I hope you don't think anyone was criticizing. I think it was just something that people were confused because it's only celebrated in a small section of the world and trying to explain that it's a Mexican holiday celebrated by Americans but not in Mexico is just silly! My St. Patty's day comparison was just like another user brought up, in that it's promoted to be synonymous with drinking but actually calling it tradition is a bit of a stretch lol.
    Oh, I would love a pair of purple leopard crocs. comfort, cute....what more could you ask for.

*dies*

I will say I just realized Crocs makes some comfy looking slip on shoes. I LOVE my Toms-style shoes but they literally have no soles so you step on a pebble and are done for. Like how cute are some of these flats?? However the clogs just make me cringe #sorry
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I have to work Saturday and will lose a day so I feel glad that my favorite item is the first earnable because I'll definitely manage that at least LOL
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Speaking of clogs, I always seen nurses were that with their uniform on in public. Is it that super comfy to wear? I never seem to like the style of them.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Speaking of clogs, I always seen nurses were that with their uniform on in public. Is it that super comfy to wear? I never seem to like the style of them.

Its because hospital floors are concrete under the tile and nurses are on their feet all day. They need something with support, cushion and also rubbery soles to help prevent slipping on fluids like blood etc.

They have a selection of shoes, including lots of clogs, right in the uniform stores where they buy scrubs. Many are required to wear white shoes with no accent colors, which are hard to find, so they just get them there.
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts

In your words just chill Koko, it was an honest question. I think we all get that the forum and the game have a large North American comunity as well as a big comunity from any other place, so stereotypes are going to come around once in a while but as long as we all respect each other is cool.

I'm with everybody that is in the 'no, thank you' side of the event clothing...maybe I'm not Kardashian enough to like it lol. I'm going for it anyways, I don't want it to bite me in the behind when the time of TB comes.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Bootsie_B.jpg

Is Butterfly rocking those boots or what? Yes. I'm chasing.

Who is this beauty?...I'm so out of news is almost funny. I'm liking the boots but I do not chase. I'm commited to safe 1000 kstars for black friday 2017. Let's hope lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here