Options

Weekend Event 5/05/17 ~ Cinco de Mayo - Salsa for Everyone!

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I didn't feel criticized, I'm just conscious of how our lurker family members or the more quiet members might feel, so I am compelled to just ask that we not kick dirt on the customs of others. You never know who's reading. But for further enlightenment, I found this article on Google too.

"Often mistaken for Mexican Independence Day (Sept. 16), Cinco de Mayo commemorates the 1862 Battle of Puebla between the victorious ragtag army of largely Mexican Indian soldiers against the invading French forces of Napoleon III. The day is barely observed in Mexico, but was celebrated in California by Latinos and abolitionists who linked the victory to the fight against slavery. During the Chicano Movement of the 1970s, Mexican Americans adopted Cinco de Mayo for its David vs. Goliath story line as motivation in civil rights struggles."
    So when you reach for the guacamole, think of civil rights, and freedom.

"Often mistaken for Mexican Independence Day (Sept. 16), Cinco de Mayo commemorates the 1862 Battle of Puebla between the victorious ragtag army of largely Mexican Indian soldiers against the invading French forces of Napoleon III. The day is barely observed in Mexico, but was celebrated in California by Latinos and abolitionists who linked the victory to the fight against slavery. During the Chicano Movement of the 1970s, Mexican Americans adopted Cinco de Mayo for its David vs. Goliath story line as motivation in civil rights struggles."

**************Now, who's getting up for the 5 a.m. start? I'll be here.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    I didn't feel criticized, I'm just conscious of how our lurker family members or the more quiet members might feel, so I am compelled to just ask that we not kick dirt on the customs of others. You never know who's reading. But for further enlightenment, I found this article on Google too.

**************Now, who's getting up for the 5 a.m. start? I'll be here.

Oh I'm so making guacamole tomorrow, with chips, outlander on Netflix and kkh...let the party begin!
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Who is this beauty?...I'm so out of news is almost funny. I'm liking the boots but I do not chase. I'm commited to safe 1000 kstars for black friday 2017. Let's hope lol.

lol black friday 2017, I am preparing myself already too!
    PM to add
  • Options
    I'm so bad. My guacamole is from Costco, and it's delicious. puterhead just takes an avocado and a bowl and 3 minutes later he has guacamole chilling in the fridge. He puts me to shame. see you in 6 hours minus a few. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    egg wrote: »
    ayyy i'm mexican. i live in mexico and no. we don't celebrate cinco de mayo.
    it's not really a holiday, it's more of a commemoration because we defeated france's army which back in the day was one of the best in the world and ours was... well we're mexico lmao.

except for very few institutions and the city of puebla, we don't really care. i think it was more of a thing for mexican-americans to embrace their heritage, but then it evolved into this monstrosity where everyone thinks it's another excuse to get drunk.

but anyway i don't wanna get too political so putting that aside, the outfit is so lazy i'm not even going to go for it. maybe the shoes if i'm tempted enough.

last week's earnables were so good i'm a sucker for blazers we need more blazers come on.

parisian chic style when french-style-black-blazer-jeans-grey-tee-pumps-via-fashiontelegraph.co_.uk_.jpg

my girlfriend's family is from Mexico and they celebrate Cinco de Mayo as do a lot of people however you are correct many don't but that doesn't mean everyone shouldn't enjoy it me personally as a fellow latino i can agree with you when you stated it isn't observed by many mexicans in Mexico my family doesn't really celebrate it either I'm sure we did at some point but for some reason we stopped lol, anyway i think cinco de mayo is more than just a holiday in which people use it as an excuse to get drunk i mean I'm not trying to be rude but people don't need to use a holiday as an excuse to get drunk plus isn't that just about with any other holiday where people get extremely drunk? I mean people get drunk on their birthdays as well simply because it's their day and they want to enjoy it. What I'm trying to say is people shouldn't use this holiday as an excuse to get drunk they shouldn't use any holiday as an excuse to get drunk if they want to drink they should just do it and not use holidays as a cover up, lol.

Anyway I'm gonna skip the festivities of cinco de mayo since that's my aunt birthday but have a great one you all. ^.^
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Okay so what time does the event begin?
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    To those celebrating this weekend be careful and have fun! We have events here but with Cinco de Mayo, basketball playoff games, and Kentucky Derby, I think I'll coop myself up at home instead of dealing with the foot and car traffic downtown. My dog is also dealing with a bad case of arthritis right now so I'll be happy to spend some time with him.

I'll also be crossing my fingers for those headphones. Of course I don't think I got any giftbox items last party weekend so I'll be happy with any item lol
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
    omg you guys! Now I'm totally craving guacamole and burritos! What are you doing to me?
    Honestly, I quite like the earnables. It has that South of France feel to it so I'm not mad about it. Would I've loved more Seoul inspired clothes? Yeah but this is cute too. I really like the nonchalance of it. The gift box items aren't my thing though.

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO EVERYONE! Please don't wear sombreros if you're not Mexican and don't get too drunk :)
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    *dies*

I will say I just realized Crocs makes some comfy looking slip on shoes. I LOVE my Toms-style shoes but they literally have no soles so you step on a pebble and are done for. Like how cute are some of these flats?? However the clogs just make me cringe #sorry

Don't worry, I wasn't offended by your feelings about crocs. I definitely don't wear crocs for their looks. I have severe arthritis in both my knees and must wear shoes that provide support and cushion. My condition is so bad that I can't ever be barefoot, not even in the shower. I first bought crocs to use as shower shoes. I found them so comfortable that they are now my "house shoes" too. I rarely wear them out in public but I have occasionally forgotten to change my shoes before leaving my house.

Savage is correct in her post about concrete floors at hospitals and how nurses need special shoes. Concrete is the worst flooring as it doesn't absorb any of the energy from our steps. Because of my knees, I can walk through a house and know if the subfloor is concrete, plywood, hardwood, or softer wood floors like pine.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Don't worry, I wasn't offended by your feelings about crocs. I definitely don't wear crocs for their looks. I have severe arthritis in both my knees and must wear shoes that provide support and cushion. My condition is so bad that I can't ever be barefoot, not even in the shower. I first bought crocs to use as shower shoes. I found them so comfortable that they are now my "house shoes" too. I rarely wear them out in public but I have occasionally forgotten to change my shoes before leaving my house.

Savage is correct in her post about concrete floors at hospitals and how nurses need special shoes. Concrete is the worst flooring as it doesn't absorb any of the energy from our steps. Because of my knees, I can walk through a house and know if the subfloor is concrete, plywood, hardwood, or softer wood floors like pine.

I actually always thought Crocs didn't provide much support? At least that's what my mum told me when I was 10 and they were all the hype but didn't want to buy me any haha I'm happy it works for you and makes life a bit more easier. Wish you all the best!
  • Options
    Anyone besides me and kiko.park playing? And crics are definite summer footwear between the house and the pool, the decking gets so freaking hot.... happy event dolls.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    How many points do we need to complete the party event this weekend?
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
  • Options
    How many points do we need to complete the party event this weekend?

600 points
    PM to add
  • Options
    My boxes stunk. Oh, the item were all there.....i have headphones and hats.... no one got boots and only AppleP got her dress........hows your day?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    My boxes stunk. Oh, the item were all there.....i have headphones and hats.... no one got boots and only AppleP got her dress........hows your day?
    Girl, I got cash.. I never have any luck with gift boxes it seems.
  • Options
    kiko.park wrote: »
    Girl, I got cash.. I never have any luck with gift boxes it seems.

I'm the worse box picker in history..
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Oh gosh I can't seem to understand why before I head start an 8 hr party, the small talk buttons literally takes forever to refresh on both of my games. I'm still wondering what's up with that?:confused:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Yeah so I set an alarm for 6 am, the hour it starts here and the hour I wake up every morning to excercise...I didn't even hear it! Lol. It was all the talking about fiestas and guacamoles, or maybe my going to bed super late watching outlander. I'm an Outlander fan, don't judge ok? :P
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    What's the quickest way to earn stars for this event? Where's the best place to throw parties at?

I've worked out like you need to throw 30 parties to get 600 points and that seems impossible to me to complete.

I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks.
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    What's the quickest way to earn stars for this event? Where's the best place to throw parties at?

I've worked out like you need to throw 30 parties to get 600 points and that seems impossible to me to complete.

I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks.

Tbh I hate party events they are so hard for me to complete! I think Calabasas is the best place to have a party but I'd love to know if others have suggestions of party locations. 8hours give the most points but a lot of energy required!
  • Options
    Tbh I hate party events they are so hard for me to complete! I think Calabasas is the best place to have a party but I'd love to know if others have suggestions of party locations. 8hours give the most points but a lot of energy required!

I haven't bought the calabasas mansion yet. I might have too now. So 8 hr parties give 20 points. Does anyone know how much 3 hr parties give you?

Does anyone else have any suggestions on completing this event quicker?
  • Options
    A 3 hour party gives 12 points, plus 1 or 2 for each guest (1 if you have no event items, 2 if you do) for either 7 or 14 extra so you're 19 or 26 for your 7 guest 3 hour party. Plus bonus points for any event items. 1 item gives 3 extra points, and past that today I'm not sure because no game has more than one so far. lol. Oh wait, I think I got headphones AND the hat for one game.

Homes with the most guests are better. right now Dublin, Venice, Calabasas and ....Seole(?) all let you invite 7 guests. More guests, more event points.

Naturally - the best way to finish is to win the most gb items. The bonus points make the difference between sweating it down to the wire, or leisurely finishing sometime Saturday. The more gb and event items...the faster you build up points.

Also.....if you're doing the event tasks....it's best to do them after you've earned some of the prizes, because those bonuses depend on......yup how many items you have. A lot of us opt NOT to do the tasks or to put them off, because you get more points per energy in the parties.

Someone want to explain this better? Too early for me and I'm already multitasking. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I wish that parties have a bonus star because my whole energy bar has gone down the drain.
    -_-
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    I really wanted those headphones!

Halfway through I noticed a pattern to my boxes. At least 1 item would be in the same box as it was in the previous set. It was a good chase, only 2 'trash' boxes.

If you're intending to chase any item, might be worth a gamble to follow your box pattern.

zbxdUv2.png
    v0xYYgN.png
    oYBhrkW.png
    kITqZcD.png
    PM to add
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I think you did a pretty good job Koko!

Basically pick a home that has the most rooms, because you can invite more guests. You get action items for each guest which include event points, so the more guests you have = the more extra event points you can earn.

3 hour parties are more productive than 8 hour for what you get back in event points after completing.

The more items you get (as far as GB and earnables) the more bonus you get after completing a party. I don't remember the exact amounts, but say you have one item so far so when you complete a party you'll get your 12 (for a 3 hour party) or 20 (for a 8 hour party) plus 3 extra points. If you have two items, those 3 points increase to 5 or whatever that amount may be.

You also have the option of doing the weekend gigs. These are usually 6 hours and give you I think 20 points? And if you complete all 3 gigs and choose correct actions (if applicable) you'll get a bonus there too. Some people like doing these gigs and others don't. Like on reality show or gig weekends, it's faster to earn your points without doing them. Or if you're like me, you just want a break from throwing parties all the time and like reading the stories :) It's all up to you. You do get bonus points for each item you have with these gigs also, so like Koko said you might want to try earning 1 or 2 items before doing the gigs that way you can take advantage.
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I wish that parties have a bonus star because my whole energy bar has gone down the drain.
    -_-

I know! I hate party weekends for this reason x__x Even if I make an attempt I can never get to the last item. The only times I've been able to has been when we were given an extra day.

I can't imagine how impossible it'd be for someone just starting out, who has less than 30 or 35 energy on their bar to work with.
  • Options
    kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    As i wrote yesterday in a post out of the earnables i would love to win either the hair or the dress. I just opened my first box and guess what i won.... THE DRESS!!!!! OMG this is so exciting!!!!!!! Happy tapping dolls!!!!!!
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

• Options
    As i wrote yesterday in a post out of the earnables i would love to win either the hair or the dress. I just opened my first box and guess what i won.... THE DRESS!!!!! OMG this is so exciting!!!!!!! Happy tapping dolls!!!!!!

I also just picked the dress on my first box. Yay
  • Options
    Nai, i can not thank you enough. Ok, so i blew through another palette...but it showed me where the boots were. Took the very next palette...1 box and boom. Butterfly has her boots.

KKH_Screenshot_1493985641539.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I know! I hate party weekends for this reason x__x Even if I make an attempt I can never get to the last item. The only times I've been able to has been when we were given an extra day.

I can't imagine how impossible it'd be for someone just starting out, who has less than 30 or 35 energy on their bar to work with.

Thank you girls for explaining that for me. I'm still trying to learn tips and tricks since I haven't played in such a long time. I will see how I go and I hope I can win all the items. Really appreciate all your help. I did just buy the mansion too. :)

I do need more friends though.