Options

Weekend Event 5/05/17 ~ Cinco de Mayo - Salsa for Everyone!

Comments

• Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Thank you girls for explaining that for me. I'm still trying to learn tips and tricks since I haven't played in such a long time. I will see how I go and I hope I can win all the items. Really appreciate all your help. I did just buy the mansion too. :)

I do need more friends though.

I do need more friends too currently Iv 3 haha! I appreciated the explanation of the parties too I'm not fully up to speed on the technicalities.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Had a pretty good set of boxes all 4 items were there this time, I won the white blazer in my free box, missed the desired black shoes by one spot, but I won't complain since that means bonus points and the top looks great on Vats, just think they could make it unbuttoned, to be able to see Kim's perfect face on the shirt.

Got a bit shocked on how the guests distribution was made in Seoul's home, I was aware that it holds just 7 guests, but the bathroom gets empty and the roof has just one spot for guests. Seriously given the space the house has it could have at least 3 more spots, same happened to Dublin's (yet this one has the spots better placed, and it's the best house to party IMO), hope Glu think about that and make all that space worthy of being used.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I got 50 energy in my free box. Not complaining, since that means a bonus party :D

I like the gift box items, but I'm not chasing anything. Need to save my stars for the next VIP event :)
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    I got 50 energy in my free box. Not complaining, since that means a bonus party :D

I like the gift box items, but I'm not chasing anything. Need to save my stars for the next VIP event :)

Same here :) I opened my box just before completing a party just in case I'd get an item. Unfortunately I also had to leave for work in 5 minutes so the extra energy was kind of annoying to receive lol.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Yes i was weak. Not only did I chase and aquire the boots for all 3. I got confused and I was just collecting my 3 boxes from a no item palette when I realized Iwas chasing on a game that already had them. Lol. But, Karma smiled or took pity on me, because when I picked up the game that needed them, the boots were in that first box. I don't want to know how many stars I blew through. It was leather fever I tell ya.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Yes i was weak. Not only did I chase and aquire the boots for all 3. I got confused and I was just collecting my 3 boxes from a no item palette when I realized Iwas chasing on a game that already had them. Lol. But, Karma smiled or took pity on me, because when I picked up the game that needed them, the boots were in that first box. I don't want to know how many stars I blew through. It was leather fever I tell ya.

Oh no! That's too funny. Did you get any decent prizes at least with the extra boxes?
  • Options
    IMG_2506.jpg

So I won the hair with the hat in my box and then I got the shoes earlier today and I thought I hated them but I think they look cute with the right outfit.
  • Options
    Sigh that was a brutal palette. I Git 2 cash and 1 energy, when i saw no items, i realized what i'd done. Chasin for the sake of chasing. I think the darkside swallowed me. But its very nice to collect 36 points total for a 3 hour party. 12, 14 from 7 guests, and 10 bonus. Next round should be more i just collected sandals. It was such a fun ride. I guess i needed the biots, lol

And DramaX3 your doll looks great. I'm about to post a fu o e in the event fashion thread. You should post your looks there too. Lol. I think i'm hogging it.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Sigh that was a brutal palette. I Git 2 cash and 1 energy, when i saw no items, i realized what i'd done. Chasin for the sake of chasing. I think the darkside swallowed me. But its very nice to collect 36 points total for a 3 hour party. 12, 14 from 7 guests, and 10 bonus. Next round should be more i just collected sandals. It was such a fun ride. I guess i needed the biots, lol

And DramaX3 your doll looks great. I'm about to post a fu o e in the event fashion thread. You should post your looks there too. Lol. I think i'm hogging it.

Drama is okay Koko oh sure Il post it in there no problem.
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Hey guys... I just began the 1st weekend gig and I'm shocked that Misty has been betraying our dolls! Can you believe? I hope it's a misunderstanding or it's actually Willow/Skylar behind some silly rumours! Anyone know how it pans out in the other weekend gigs?

9B42A85B-D88D-4F88-98B4-4C8A183DCD8F_zpsrhdyv9ug.png
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Yeah! I just started the gig and I won't believe it. Misty is one of my fav NPCs!
    PM to add
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Thanks! Question, how long did it take you?

I'm thinking on the VIP subscription but... honestly if it gave Kstars, I'd subscribe without hesitation.

Second this, Nai! That's the only reason I haven't subscribed (although I did the bronze for a month). If they included the k stars that each payment level included like Bronze/$4.99/50 stars, Silver/$19.99/220 stars, Gold/$49.99/650-725 stars, I would definitely subscribe, maybe even the Gold level.

I know one thing that is a little irritating about the membership is the hackers have found a way to get all the VIP items by just sharing accounts. So one person is paying for a membership, but many people are using that account and getting all the items. :| At least if the honest players got k stars, that'd be nice, since the hackers already have unlimited k stars and can get all the items anyway. Just my two cents!
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    wanted to share my palette in case it helps anyone still chasing:

UZHLCP8.png?1

Of course, since my #1 want was the headphones, then the dress, then the hair, then the boots, I opened the boots, then kash, then the hair, lol. I do like the hair, but I just really wanted the headphones and dress!

Also, I'm irritated to see that not all 4 gb items were in my first palette.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    I've been so busy celebrating my aunt's birthday that i really haven't had time to play KKH plus I hate party events on KKH, I never finish them. :/
  • Options
    I have to call it a night. At least for a couple of hours. lol. Hey, people get up in the middle of the night for all sorts of reasons. lol. Good luck grinders. We can do this. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    That feeling when I haven't even gotten the first item yet. This is def the worst and the most tedious kind of weekend event and the earnable items... oh don't even get me started. #demotivated
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Syndra x wrote: »
    That feeling when I haven't even gotten the first item yet. This is def the worst and the most tedious kind of weekend event and the earnable items... oh don't even get me started. #demotivated

Same here. Party events are extremely exhausting. I'll just grind for the granny sandals and that's about it for me for this week's event. I'm just gonna call it quits right afterwards.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    I know one thing that is a little irritating about the membership is the hackers have found a way to get all the VIP items by just sharing accounts. So one person is paying for a membership, but many people are using that account and getting all the items. :

Have to admit that these guys are really creative!

Finished the gigs and this time they were very generous with the bonus points. I chose to comment on Misty, instead of trash the journalist and got 50 points.

Party events are the only type of event that I feel is worth of completing these gigs.

Current mood: Trying to hold myself and don't purchase the robot before Maria's call or Black Friday.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Got a bit shocked on how the guests distribution was made in Seoul's home, I was aware that it holds just 7 guests, but the bathroom gets empty and the roof has just one spot for guests. Seriously given the space the house has it could have at least 3 more spots, same happened to Dublin's (yet this one has the spots better placed, and it's the best house to party IMO), hope Glu think about that and make all that space worthy of being used.

Agree with this. I know we shouldn't invite guests to party in the bathroom (unless they are drunks ... :p)
    It would be nice if Glu could add 2-3 more spots on the rooftop. The only friend on the rooftop is really lonely. :(
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    7 more parties to go... I think..
    And all that only to never find those clothes in my TB boxes. Want to save myself the disappointment lol.
    Android
  • Options
    So I followed Nai's tips and i managed to get two of the event items

Screenshot_2017-05-05-21-59-08-1_zpsbfhveas0.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-05-11-03-55-1_zpsj5n9qsj6.png

I wanted the hair for Lucas and i got it, I kinda wanted those headphones for Gabriela but I will settle for the boots. :)
  • Options
    Done!
    jY2bZtt.png?1
    Agree with this. I know we shouldn't invite guests to party in the bathroom (unless they are drunks ... :p) It would be nice if Glu could add 2-3 more spots on the rooftop. The only friend on the rooftop is really lonely. :(

Oh I can envision lots of ways to party on that bathroom, *hint* add two spots next to bathtub and call Koko's twins!

Also people can hang on that stunning tree!:p
    7 more parties to go... I think..
    And all that only to never find those clothes in my TB boxes. Want to save myself the disappointment lol.

You can do it! I also always go for all items for that reason.:rolleyes:

Congrats astray, I wasn't aware you play both genders! Would be great if you introduce your dolls to us! Are you iOS or Android player?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options

Congrats astray, I wasn't aware you play both genders! Would be great if you introduce your dolls to us! Are you iOS or Android player?

I was IOS but someone decided they loved my iPhone a little too much so now I'm an android player.

Thanks Vats

I'm not so great with introductions but I will try, is there a certain area on this forum that I should go to introduce them?
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Well for starters, I think that you should try the fashion thread astray. Another idea would be to list your dolls in-game names on your signature if you'd like. That's just my suggestion though☺.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    astray wrote: »
    I was IOS but someone decided they loved my iPhone a little too much so now I'm an android player.

Thanks Vats

I'm not so great with introductions but I will try, is there a certain area on this forum that I should go to introduce them?

Carol is so right....introduce them in the Fashion thread. And, are they married? We have Love and romance and family threads they get muddled. people start them, then they leave and new people want to start them ...then everyone gets irate and I merge them.....but we should have one hanging around. lol.

I'm done. I'm done. I opened too many GBs, but I needed those boots...Its like a diamond tennis bracelet popping up and me not chasing it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    WesliciousWeslicious Registered Users 21 Posts
    Done!

sl48c8.jpg

All I wanted from the GB was the hair so after getting 4000 Kash in my free one I had another go and got... A tacky white jacket I now have in several colours.
    Third time lucky I got the hair so yay!
  • Options
    Carol is so right....introduce them in the Fashion thread. And, are they married? We have Love and romance and family threads they get muddled. people start them, then they leave and new people want to start them ...then everyone gets irate and I merge them.....but we should have one hanging around. lol.

I'm done. I'm done. I opened too many GBs, but I needed those boots...Its like a diamond tennis bracelet popping up and me not chasing it.

Lucas is married but Gabriela isn't the commitment type she's focusing on her career.

Thanks Carol and Koko
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    Seriously, unacceptable.

Looking again, it looks like what old women wear on Nantucket when they go clam-digging. How does this represent the Kardashian brand?

You also reminded me in bringing up the 'fear of good styling' point, that I meant to say something earlier. In fact I DO feel like people vote for basic dolls during SYS. My style is always fire, yet I see people winning who styled with black heels and a bracelet while I win 1/3 of the time. Either people have trash taste, randomly click, or they're picking basicness on purpose.

I think it's a combination of all three. I've also noticed, when people can't decide which doll to vote for; when they don't like either doll's "style"; and when they're feeling just plain ambivalent, eight times out of ten they tap right. Interesting, huh.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    So far liking Seoul best for parties. I just love the whole place, so.... I can totally understand not putting anyone in the bathroom to be tapped on, ahem! As for the roof--nice to add an eighth guest, but barring that I suppose since it's a public space...but yeah, maybe a good idea to bring up someone from the living room to keep them company.
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Done!
    jY2bZtt.png?1

How?! I hate party events so much...I'm on item number 3 and just fighting myself not to quit...because I hate war and those pants in that order lol. Man, I was going to buy one of the big houses for this particular kind of event but that didn't happen and now I don't wanna see calabasas anymore...sad story I know.

**I'm talking about Xime of course. Since my phone died last year so did Garrett. I miss him so much :(
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here