Options

Weekday Event 8/7/17 - Show Your Style ~ Shoe Sensation!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
SYSWeekday.gif

So there we were, happily tap tap tapping away and suddenly Kalinda popped in with this oh so welcome news...........

Who's ready to start thinking about the next event that starts on Monday?
It's going to be a Show Your Style competition!

Now I don't know about you, but I know for sure I'll be up first thing tomorrow when the event begins.

The ladies will be styling the flowered pink shoes that just popped up in the closet.
And guys, what will you be styling?
Sassy_Pants.jpg
We don't know any of the particulars, except it begins at the regular time Monday morning.

I'm so excited for this. First time with the extra day, and I'm sure it will make it a little easier for us. This version of the event includes occasional sleeping, and that's a good thing, just ask Kim.
kim-kardashian-pregnancy-2015-black-hair-smile-g.jpg
We don't know what we're working toward, I really hope it's sensational clothes, maybe with a TB prize or two.

So let's make this a party, set the mood with your fave music video, or share your fave video of runway Pratfalls.....
(actually dolls, let this next video serve as what NOT to do while strutting your stuff on the catwalk!)

Now are you guys ready? Are you really ready?
Time to open up this puppy, and for that,
our celebrated Star, Kimberly herself.

kim-kardashian-chrissy-teigen-selfie.gif

Ok, thanks Kim, thanks Chrissy

Threads Open!

drinkup.gif
[/COLOR]
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456710

Comments

• Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Hey Koko! Yay for a new thread on a Sunday!! I don't have a pic handy, but I looked at my guy's game last night and the guy's seem to have a pair of ivory slacks that popped up with the SYS checkmark on them, so I presume those are the entry item for the guys!
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    This will be the first time in forever I'll be able to participate in a SYS event, because I have the week off from work. Seriously, SYS seems like a cruel joke when you have a full time job and can't play during the day.

BUT if the shoes will actually cost 45 K-stars, I might just sit this one out anyway. A *chance* to win a TB box isn't worth 45 K-stars.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    I don´t know...the pink shoes, the flowers...everything tells me that the pink dress will be the reward. I hope so!
  • Options
    PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    I hope, hope, hope it's the normal amount of points for a SYS event but with an extra day to complete it! Like how last midweek's party event had its normal goal of 600, instead of the dating midweek before that which went up to 625. I'd feel so much more relaxed about my chances of completing it. I hate that nervous urge to open the game and enter another round when I happen to wake up in the middle of the night. That minute of phone light blasting me in the face really wakes me up and makes it harder to fall back to sleep, even with the brightness turned down as far as it will go.

Receiving new items in our closet to buy and style for the for the past few SYS competitions, instead of the old way of just having to buy items that were already in our closet, has been a cool change. Always happy to see new items added to the closet.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Options
    Me too Pez. Those shoes are soooo cut, but you just know players will put on dresses....like the pink one from the current event, where you can't even see the shoes. Everyone says when the item is hidden, you're not getting their votes. I have to agree.....sini'll be showing leg this week. Lots and lots of leg. Lol

and doesn't the item usually go on a sale before the event? Some players mentioned that, and it does ring a bell.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    and doesn't the item usually go on a sale before the event? Some players mentioned that, and it does ring a bell.

I was going to wait til the event to see the price. It feels like in some events in the past there was a kind of deal

Also agree with the no vote if I can't see it. We have plenty to choose from, be creative.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hey Koko! Yay for a new thread on a Sunday!! I don't have a pic handy, but I looked at my guy's game last night and the guy's seem to have a pair of ivory slacks that popped up with the SYS checkmark on them, so I presume those are the entry item for the guys!

Need to check that! Thanks for the info Max!:)

Last time we got items, right?! I'd be happy with 4 TB though. I won't pay anything if we're getting the 'standard' 2 black boxes, golden box and TB, too much trouble for nothing.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Need to check that! Thanks for the info Max!:)

Last time we got items, right?! I'd be happy with 4 TB though. I won't pay anything if we're getting the 'standard' 2 black boxes, golden box and TB, too much trouble for nothing.

Last SYS, we got a gold box, a TB box and the 2 other items.
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    I wonder are we going to get any spoilers Id love one! Dying to see the outfit we are working towards and what the guys have to style!
  • Options
    Julia88Julia88 Registered Users 123 Posts
    I wonder are we going to get any spoilers Id love one! Dying to see the outfit we are working towards and what the guys have to style!
    Me too!, I checked this tread like 10 times already lol
    I play on Android
  • Options

We always get spoilers, maybe Kalinda is just busy. I'm hoping for something soon.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Happy Birthday to Rumpel!

MQ4KaTI.gif
    PM to add
  • Options
    We'll have to wait and see if there are spoilers....has anyone gotten a mini load file?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I noticed the mini-update yesterday that introduced the styling item into our closets but I haven't seen another one load since.

I'm trying to plan my outfits for the competition. I've come up with three that I'm pretty happy with. Do you dolls prefer any one of these looks over the others? :) I'll rotate through them, of course, once one starts losing more rounds than winning.

(Sorry for taking screenshots from inside the closet but I wanted to wait on purchasing the shoes in case they're sold at a discount once the event starts.)

oAS3LaA.jpg

Apologies if we'll eventually have a separate thread in which we're meant to post our SYS looks -- I can't remember if there usually is one and I don't mean to derail this thread if so.

I've yet to see anyone from the forums when I'm voting on looks in-game; it would be really cool if I do this time around!
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to Rumpel!

MQ4KaTI.gif

Nai..... thank you so much!!
    This brightens up my day, seriously. I have been in bed all day on antibiotics because of an ear infection. Having a fever during a heatwave is no fun..
    Thanks so much again! 💜
    Android
  • Options
    Pez wrote: »
    I noticed the mini-update yesterday that introduced the styling item into our closets but I haven't seen another one load since.

I'm trying to plan my outfits for the competition. I've come up with three that I'm pretty happy with. Do you dolls prefer any one of these looks over the others? :) I'll rotate through them, of course, once one starts losing more rounds than winning.

(Sorry for taking screenshots from inside the closet but I wanted to wait on purchasing the shoes in case they're sold at a discount once the event starts.)

oAS3LaA.jpg

Apologies if we'll eventually have a separate thread in which we're meant to post our SYS looks -- I can't remember if there usually is one and I don't mean to derail this thread if so.

I've yet to see anyone from the forums when I'm voting on looks in-game; it would be really cool if I do this time around!

no separatenthread, I thought we'd just use this one for everything.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

oAS3LaA.jpg

I'm so in love with the way you styled the shoes, Pez, can't wait to see your doll (that's if I do) while I'm voting.
    Good luck to everyone participating in tomorrow's event! :o
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Oh no it seems like we will not get any spoiler for tomorrow :( I was so curious to know the items.
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    Sil5678 wrote: »
    Oh no it seems like we will not get any spoiler for tomorrow :( I was so curious to know the items.

I like surprises, so maybe Kalinda is keeping it a secret. I'm not sure.
  • Options
    26685-happy-birthday-pink-roses.jpg
    Happy Birthday Rumpel!
    Happy_Birthday_Rumple.gif

This year my gift to you____

3574bee0fe58e5edab6c1b11206d5db6.jpg

This gorgeous purple Maserati....perfect for the two of us to head out on a road trip with no particular destination. Grand Canyon? Graceland? Hollywood? You name it Doll. Happy Birthday Doll.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Happy birthday, Rumpel!!
    I could not find the pic I posted
    of our dolls in Krew chat,
    so here are some fireworks!!

giphy.gif
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    This is how I styled the shoes, I could only come up with 2 outfits I liked so here's what I have :)

Full_Size_Render_8.jpgFull_Size_Render_9.jpg
  • Options
    Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    Happy birthday Rumpel!

Hope you get well soon though! Infections are the worst :(

y_Fml4_Loyli_Z4k.gif
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • Options
    Event Shoes went on sale......now 25Stars for the Event shoes!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

And Koko beat me to it! :D
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts

LOL beat me too!! I just came to say the same thing :p. Happy SYS starting in a few hours and good luck everyone :cool:
  • Options
    Happy birthday Rumpel! I hope you're feeling better soon and can have a lovely day!
    This is how I styled the shoes, I could only come up with 2 outfits I liked so here's what I have :)

Full_Size_Render_8.jpgFull_Size_Render_9.jpg

I love the floral pattern on the top on the right. I wish I could find a lightweight spring jacket with that pattern to wear IRL. Both of these outfits go very well with the shoes! Here's hoping I spot you in the voting booth! :) And thank you for the sweet comments on my doll, I appreciate it <3

Woohoo, 25 K-stars, that's a deep discount on the shoes! They're so cute.

• Options
    Both of these outfits go very well with the shoes! Here's hoping I spot you in the voting booth! :) And thank you for the sweet comments on my doll, I appreciate it <3

Thank you, Pez! And no problem, just trying to help a doll out. :o
  • Options
    ac002ac002 Registered Users 26 Posts
    So excited for this mid-week event. Styling out some outfits tonight. :o
    Tempted to buy a pastel hair! :p

Xr9MUjg.jpg
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    bcDeb5x.jpg

OzvTo0Q.jpg

Dxyd0z3.jpg

sorry about the sizes being so large, TinyPic is giving me issues so I'm using Imgur. What do y'all think? Would you vote for the middle one even though you only see one shoe?
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College