Options

KK:H WeekDay Event - 10/22/18 Birthday's Done Onward to the Holidays!

Comments

• Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited October 2018
    I don't like the limit of not being able to use the same items. I feel like the timer is a little excessive and is going to hinder newer players who don't have a lot of items. I don't care so much about the dresses, but shoe options are gonna kill me. It did dawn on me that if you have a long dress that doesn't show the shoes to just use an ugly pair that you would never use so you aren't wasting a pretty shoe. 
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    I don't like the limit of not being able to use the same items for 2+ days. I don't care so much about the dresses, but shoe options are gonna kill me. It did dawn on me that if you have a long dress that doesn't show the shoes to just use an ugly pair that you would never use so you aren't wasting a pretty shoe. 
    My doll is wearing meh shoes under all her looks for this reason lol. 
    iOS
  • Options
    Also, if you're being paired up with the same doll for there to be a popular vote, wouldn't it make sense to receive a bonus if your doll ends up being the more popular? 
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    TB boxes. Clearly should have changed Kiki’s outfit before taking the screenshot lol  :D

• Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    This event would actually be really enjoyable if we didn't have to wait 12 hours for only 2 looks to be up for voting for 1.2mins and can only get less than 50 votes (my max was 47, has anyone gotten more than 50?).

They should adjust at least one of these 4 parameters, either reduce the time, or increase the votes/minutes/n° of tickets. Maybe make points/tickets available as a random reward for voting? The event should able to be completed without spending real money.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Well, this morning was disappointing. I started my third 12 hour round but this time I only got 1 free ticket. ( @Marle you're not alone). Whereas the other times I received 2 and 3.

Anyway, here's my look:

iOS
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I'm holding out hope that it can be completed without buying tickets. I think surely Glu wouldn't make this impossible but then @Angeline & Jon brought up the WWIB event and I forgot what a nightmare that was. There's still 5 days left so we'll see. 

My highest count was 48. I wonder if @Koakuma is correct in that it caps out at 50 so however many votes you end up with, that's how many people voted for you look out of 50 people. Would make sense why nobody is getting higher votes than that. 
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'm sure it is doable without buying tickets. I have no patience in things like this, and when you're tapping in the dark at 3:30 a.m. and  remember your payment passwords,  5$ for a jump to the dress was a good idea, even though I really wanted to play without cash. 
    The 12 hours is such an agonizing wait, I agree.   I loved the old SYS events.  This has aspects that would be a great improvement, there are parts that take away from the Good Time of the SYS.  
    The feedback from everyone is great.  
    Big hugs to those sho aren't testing this time.  I'm so sorry that friends are feeling left out, Just know that the game generated the selected ones, probably based on some demographic thing for texting purposes.  I hope your GBs are great.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    stirfryedshanastirfryedshana Registered Users, Member 418 Posts
    I’m still mad there was no warning about submitting all your looks at once. I wasted 4 tickets because of that and some of my best outfits. I’m a relatively new player so I don’t have a ton of dresses/purses/jewelry and this 2-day wait to reuse items is going to hurt me too.
  • Options
    MelanieKKHMelanieKKH Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    edited October 2018
    Why is everyone wearing this? 
    This is the 6th person I’ve seen wear this 
    If you new player your first event will be professional "rising star" event with this dress, hair and earrings. So probably they just don't have another items to wear for red carpet theme
  • Options
    KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    Weird, I got 2 tickets again. I wonder if how many tickets you get in random? 

The looks

The most poorly received one yet! 
    I noticed that you can't repeat most items within 48 hours but they do let you repeat earrings
  • Options
    At this point, if I do the math, given the point totals posted by @AmeliaKKH, and the fact that I got only 1 free ticket this round instead of 2, I am nearly certain it is not possible for me to complete the event without paying cash.

I would like clarification from @KalindaKing on if we are supposed to be getting 1 or 2 free tickets every 12 hours, and why people are receiving different amounts of free tickets. Is this by design or a glitch?
    iOS
  • Options
    Val_ said:
    This event would actually be really enjoyable if we didn't have to wait 12 hours for only 2 looks to be up for voting for 1.2mins and can only get less than 50 votes (my max was 47, has anyone gotten more than 50?).

My max has been 49 so far
    iOS
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I submitted my 1st 3 all at once also.  But if you just preplanned looks....I've noticed Gold, red and black are consistent sinners, red haired guys don't sin, red headed girls can.  I feel like I'm just voting voting voting, for the past day.  all my vote prizes are cash. 
       I like that we have to change clothes, but we only have 2 'Other hand' gold bracelets.  I think we should be able to reuse jewelry jmo.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 400 Posts
    I’m still mad there was no warning about submitting all your looks at once. I wasted 4 tickets because of that and some of my best outfits. I’m a relatively new player so I don’t have a ton of dresses/purses/jewelry and this 2-day wait to reuse items is going to hurt me too.
    There is no reason you cannot submit multiple looks one right after another. Each look gets the same amount of exposure (ie. it gets matched up the exact same number of times), so there's no disadvantage to submit a bunch at once! They'll all get their time to shine and get voted on by other players!

@AliBryant We are looking into the ticket issue -- this is why we run tests... we want to be able to make changes to the feature and ensure it's the best it can be before we release it to all users. In the meantime, please keep those looks and votes coming! We're really enjoying seeing all the ensembles y'all are putting together!

Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • Options
    Thanks @eggsandbananas, I understand it's a test. What I am saying is it would help knowing which features are by design and which ones are not, so we can report feedback more effectively instead of speculating. Glu in general is so vague about things compared to other game companies I have interacted with, it's frustrating. I do like this event though and I think with some time frame improvements it could be great!

@kokokokonut I too have voted nonstop it seems, and have hit "collect" 8 times so far, and my total rewards have been 7 kash, 1 energy, and 0 Kstars. I would love if others would post their feedback about voting rewards here to see if anyone has received a star yet.
    iOS
  • Options
    samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 975 Posts
    Hey! So, I’m on here every day reading, but I’ve never posted. But this event has me so annoyed I feel like I have to. A look I submitted was grey after literally one minute. Seriously?! I can’t get many votes on anything because all 4 of my looks so far are finished in a minute. An actual minute, not even being dramatic. But all anger aside, hey guys!
  • Options
    Hey! So, I’m on here every day reading, but I’ve never posted. But this event has me so annoyed I feel like I have to. A look I submitted was grey after literally one minute. Seriously?! I can’t get many votes on anything because all 4 of my looks so far are finished in a minute. An actual minute, not even being dramatic. But all anger aside, hey guys!
    Welcome, glad you decided to join in :)
    iOS
  • Options
    There is no reason you cannot submit multiple looks one right after another. Each look gets the same amount of exposure (ie. it gets matched up the exact same number of times), so there's no disadvantage to submit a bunch at once! They'll all get their time to shine and get voted on by other players!

@AliBryant We are looking into the ticket issue -- this is why we run tests... we want to be able to make changes to the feature and ensure it's the best it can be before we release it to all users. In the meantime, please keep those looks and votes coming! We're really enjoying seeing all the ensembles y'all are putting together!

There is no way that is true. Within a few seconds my look was down last night because I posted my second one right after. It happened with  my first three as well.
  • Options
    My looks only took seconds to close as well. It doesn't take that long to get 50 votes when you have thousands of people playing a game. What were the vote totals on your looks?
    iOS
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    AliBryant said:
    My looks only took seconds to close as well. It doesn't take that long to get 50 votes when you have thousands of people playing a game. What were the vote totals on your looks?
    One of the ones that I noticed it with got 15. All the others have under 30 except the one I did today that I waited on which has 44.

ETA: total on all 7 looks is 196. These are all full outfits with accessories too.
  • Options
    My first look I got 43. I didn't know you could submit multiple looks so that was probably grayed out when I submitted my next one which got 47. I submitted my third right after that and got 38. So I don't think that's right.

My fourth look I submitted and got 37 and I waited until that grayed out and got 45 on my fifth look. 

I have a few hours before I get more tickets so I'll test it again submitting another look right after the other, unless I only get one ticket. 
  • Options
    On a more amusing note...just had another very weird glitch after voting. First pic is what my doll is currently wearing, second is what she glitched into until I went into a room.

• Options
    AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    Agree. Kalinda said yesterday looks got paired up a number of times. So I’m guessing it’s 50 which only takes a couple of minutes. I am SO freaking excited to get more tickets. I can’t wait to see how many points we need to finish the event and my next looks will most likely get me the eyes. 😱😱😱 

• Options
    On a more amusing note...just had another very weird glitch after voting. First pic is what my doll is currently wearing, second is what she glitched into until I went into a room.

LOL that is wild! 🤣🤣🤣 I love to see the points under the event icon! 💕
  • Options
    PlantWitchPlantWitch Registered Users 374 Posts
    So I was lucky enough to get selected for this event, and I guess that means I should give my feedback, so here it is.
    The 12 hour wait time is insane! 
    According to @AmeliaKKH the final total will be way over 1000 points, it should be much lower.
    Also we should get bonus points for earning an item like in other events.

🧡🤍💗
    they/she
    android
    pm for add info!
  • Options
    TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts

I got a couple of good ones. 

But on a serious note, Glu Mobile, can the first hair be made into a real hairstyle?
    IOS Player 
  • Options
    TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts

I had pretty good luck with the boxes with k-stars in two of the 3 boxes! And I am pretty happy with the bracelet! That’s ombre hair is gorgeous! But maybe better luck next time.  
    IOS Player 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    So I was lucky enough to get selected for this event, and I guess that means I should give my feedback, so here it is.
    The 12 hour wait time is insane! 
    According to @AmeliaKKH the final total will be way over 1000 points, it should be much lower.
    Also we should get bonus points for earning an item like in other events.

@PlantWitch well! That’s s total speculation based on the ratio increase of points! I do have hopes that it could be like the regular SYS in which the jump from the third to final box is actually really small! So here’s hoping! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 I agree with the 12h wait tho. I am curious to see how this plays out. 

p. s thank you for remembering how lucky we are for getting this event 😘
  • Options

Hi and welcome. So glad you posted, sorry it took anger, but you're here now, you're one of us. I totally agree about the 12 hours. But aside from this event, how are you liking the game otherwise? Nice to meet you Samaaanthaaa

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary