Options

✔️ KK:H WeekDay Event - 12/10/18 Hanukkah Concludes in a SYS Winter Wonderland & Professional TB

Comments

• Options
    melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    edited December 2018
    AliBryant said:
    I admit I am not really voting for any mini-dresses unless they have over the knee boots for warmth, or are super festive like the gift box red and white dress. I'm voting for either warm & cozy looks or winter fantasy ice queen type looks.
    As I said before for me it’s important the outfit to be well put and creative ❄️ I don’t really care if it doesn’t scream “ winter wonderland “ 🤗 Yes summery looks are kind of not fitting but I still give them a vote because I feel bad for them 😂😓 
    The SMC silver dress is always on fire with the votes! I got 55 on both the looks I did with it 👏🏻
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    @melissakkh I meant to buy that SMC last week and totally forgot before it was too late. I knew it would do well in this event!
    iOS
  • Options
    AliBryant said:
    @melissakkh I meant to buy that SMC last week and totally forgot before it was too late. I knew it would do well in this event!
    In this event I am really making my money’s worth with the SMC and bundles! They do really well! ❄️❄️
  • Options
    LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    Just submited this look!
    Its the "iciest" look i think i have! Facebook dolls vote for me :P 

Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • Options
    Just submited this look!
    Its the "iciest" look i think i have! Facebook dolls vote for me :P 

I also used this jumpsuit 🎊 I think it’s gorgeous and it got me pretty good votes 🗳 
  • Options
    AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    If we buy tickets that we end up not using. Will we get them on following events? 
  • Options
    @AmeliaKKH yes I believe @kokokokonut confirmed that she did and they rolled over to the next event
    iOS
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    I admit I am not really voting for any mini-dresses unless they have over the knee boots for warmth, or are super festive like the gift box red and white dress. I'm voting for either warm & cozy looks or winter fantasy ice queen type looks.

I did it because that's where the popular votes were going in my game so I thought I would try it for myself. Nope. Bad call. I wish I had more over the knee boots. I'm trying to be selective with the outfits I'm pairing them with. I'm having a hard time justifying the boots with cutout holes in the toe. I see those looks winning but all I can think about is how it'd be like a shoe shovel in real life. I'm probably putting way too much thought into this. I also hesitate on sleeveless and that is limiting my options a bunch. 

Question: how many videos are you guys able to watch per day to unlock an item?
  • Options
    AliBryant said:

I did it because that's where the popular votes were going in my game so I thought I would try it for myself. Nope. Bad call. I wish I had more over the knee boots. I'm trying to be selective with the outfits I'm pairing them with. I'm having a hard time justifying the boots with cutout holes in the toe. I see those looks winning but all I can think about is how it'd be like a shoe shovel in real life. I'm probably putting way too much thought into this. I also hesitate on sleeveless and that is limiting my options a bunch. 

Question: how many videos are you guys able to watch per day to unlock an item?
    I submitted a sleeveless dress once and it did really bad 😂
  • Options
    "shoe shovel"  LOL. I am a stickler for the theme, no apologies!
    I am only unlocking one item per day so I don't really know what the limit is. So far I have used all my unlocks on the coffee cup because I don't have any other hot beverages. Bring back the hot cocoa Glu!!!
    iOS
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited December 2018
    So far, I had a rough start to this event. I don't own a lot of wintery clothing for my doll to fit this winter wonderland ❄ theme so I knew that I was screwed for good lol. I was testing out different looks from causal to dressy. As you can see, my 3rd look which was my last look that I submitted for my doll on my game had the most popular votes. Oh wow is it me y'all or do y'all think that my doll's looks deserved way more votes than that? I swear but I don't think that my voters know about fashion on my game lol😂

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    @Carol Davida I saw you doll in this look twice and voted for you both times! I actually loved how you coordinated the event shoes into your look!

iOS
  • Options
    @AliBryant tysm doll for voting for my doll twice in a row! I'm extremely disappointed that I only got 36 votes for that look.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    @Carol Davida I think the only thing I would have changed is the handheld, maybe used the grey fuzzy purse or a champagne glass instead?
    iOS
  • Options
    TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts

I feel like silvery dresses and furry coats do quite well for votes. For some reasons my looks with gold accessories didn’t do as well ( maybe gold jewellery is too warm for winter wonderland theme?)
    IOS Player 
  • Options
    SveaSvea Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    Svea said:
    Some more feedback on the trendsetters event:
    In my group no one has bought tickets yet, it seems. 
    All but one person who is currently on the 1st place and has some 150 points more than me on the 2nd place. 
    What really is strange that this 1st place is a male doll, so not even competing for the same items as me. 
    I feel like there should be a separate trendsettees event for male dolls? Did anyone with a male doll get the event and if yes with the same items as female dolls or different items? 
    Seriously do we know if there are prizes for the male dolls?🤔 I more and more feel like the aforementioned  male doll in my group is a bot. I think I will cry😅, if I lose the hair to a male doll that won't even get a prize, less prizes than me or doesn't compete for the same prizes. I can accept if there are the same amount of prizes for male dolls, but I doubt that, seeing other events.
    The whole trendsetters event seems really unfair to me at this point. 
    Android player, add me here
  • Options
    @Svea There are no Trendsetters prizes for male dolls, if a male wins, they only get stars, kash, and energy.
    iOS
  • Options
    AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Lates look vs earlier looks that didn’t workout for me. I thought red as festive, but it failed. Guess it just works for fancier outfits.

• Options
    @TrashleyKKH I LOVE your silver looks. I wish I had those silver bags!
    iOS
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Seems Glu is having troubles with math again 😵  No wonder I can’t win the events 🙄 I added up all my looks and I should, in fact, be at 435. I would suggest everyone double check your scores just to be safe!

• Options
    Thanks for the heads up @SugarK
    I double checked and mine are correct, I'm on Android.
    iOS
  • Options
    SveaSvea Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    @Svea There are no Trendsetters prizes for male dolls, if a male wins, they only get stars, kash, and energy.
    Oh I wish they had an outfit to win, too.
     thanks for the information 😊 
    Android player, add me here
  • Options
    SpleenSpleen Registered Users 321 Posts
    Failed again 😂

• Options
    puapua Registered Users, Member 196 Posts
    @AliBryant tysm doll for voting for my doll twice in a row! I'm extremely disappointed that I only got 36 votes for that look.
    You deserve way better, sis. If I was on Android is vote for your doll, too. 
    Amazon Kindle player but if you are Android, you can now add me too!
    Facebook: Deepika Kkh
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
  • Options
    KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Anyone want to add in gamecenter?😬😀 feel like i lost alot of players, would love to see you in my game 😄 My gamecenter: katinkame
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • Options
    @Katinkae I believe to connect on iOS, you now have to add each other on Facebook, not game center?
    iOS
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    Posting how your doll did in the same outfit on one platform vs the other is indicative of nothing, since we have no way of knowing which look they were paired up against in each case. Can we not try to invalidate the opinions of others? Rushing to prove people wrong about their own experience is part of the problem. 

Anyway, I'm continuing to make my doll look like Ice Princess Barbie, and you've seen all my looks posted here. It hasn't failed me yet, so I'm sticking with it.

My posting of the disparity of votes for the same look does prove something, it proved the voting fluctuates.  The disparity isn’t only between white/black dolls.....the very same disparity exists with 2 blonde dolls.  What I was trying to bring out was the variation is simply variation, and not racial.  

if someone feels they have to change their dolls looks for the prize, we’ll, that is a sad thing to me.  And if I try to point out it might not be discrimination, how is that wrong?  
    We are skating around a very sensitive issue.  If a member here is hurting, and I try to show it’s not just color, it arbitrary, we’ll maybe they’ll start to feel a little better.  
    If you saw it differently, you took it wrong. I was not invalidating anyone’s feelings. I was trying to show an alternative explanation......voting fluctuates.  And tbh your response to my attempt to show the disparity exists s with identical looks, let alone two differently dressed dolls, we’ll it seems a little harsh.  I’m really sorry I shared my results.  Namaste

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    stirfryedshanastirfryedshana Registered Users, Member 418 Posts
    Rikk said:
    A few people ahead of me on the Trendsetters list have bought tickets, so I’m not worrying about 1st place...But I submitted a few hours ago and then checked out the outfits of the dolls in my ranking list, and the person in 1st just straight-up copied my entire outfit head-to-toe! It’s not even a very Winter Wonderland-themed look. It’s so annoying  :D

I’m DYING at the India vs Phoenix moment. I think that’s the only time in drag race history that two girls walked in with practically the same outfit lol. Besides the Madonna kimono runway  debacle of course.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Katinkae said:
    Anyone want to add in gamecenter?😬😀 feel like i lost alot of players, would love to see you in my game 😄 My gamecenter: katinkame
    You can put your Facebook Add info, and say you are iOS, in your signature so people can add you. Or you can post in Gifting and Friends, but technically we’re not supposed to post add info in General Discussion.  Don’t worry, its fine but if everyone could keep that in mind it would be appreciated.  (If you saw the forum before we had the 3 sub forums, it was crazy. When they divided them, add info in Gifting and Friends was one of the guidelines. ;). )
    Thanks and have a great rest of the event. 

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

Spleen said:
    Failed again 😂

@Spleen doll I love that look. These voters are crazy as hell😂😂😂
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG