Options

✔️ KK:H WeekDay Event - 12/10/18 Hanukkah Concludes in a SYS Winter Wonderland & Professional TB

Comments

• Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    OMG Glu please make these old VIP items available for purchase!!!
    iOS
  • Options
    @KalindaKing thanks for the inspiration! I used the fuzzy white number and got a great score!

iOS
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    My last 3 looks  I’m super happy the last two did well! 52pts is my highest so far! 
  • Options
    samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 975 Posts
    I’m getting the locked item error again. Had it last SYS and it never got fixed. Hope it isn’t the same this time. 
  • Options
    melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    edited December 2018
    My last three looks that I submitted today 🎉 I was feeling lazy so I just throw something together ❄️ 

BTW since the friends add ( I can’t remember) forum is not so active if you want to add me as a friend you can check the IOS discussion ❄️🎊🎉 

P.S I know it’s not allowed to write about it here but I was already posting so I figured 😂🥰
  • Options
    yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,651 Posts
    edited December 2018
    I've been thinking and I really think a maximum score would be a great solution for trendsetters. Because I see you all want the hair and to be number 1, but it is just in a testing fase now, so when they release it, I hope you are all aware of the fact many people will outbid you. If they set the maximum score at (maybe) 2000, people still will have to pay for tickets (win for Glu), but at least all those people who buy tickets will be #1 (win for us) and are sure of getting the hair. And honestly that is important to me, I wouldn't want to spend 50 euro on the game to be #1 and wake up the next day seeing someone outbid me and I lost all my money on nothing...

I'm not really a fan of picking average points, because that would again harm new players and you would still be spending (probably lots) of money without being sure of getting items...

Just my opinion...

Also, not really fond of the idea to expand the prizes to the top 3, cause when they do this, y'all probably want it to expand to the top 5, and so on and so on... 

iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • Options
    jaeannjaeann Registered Users, Member 502 Posts
    Just a thought for SYS (I know trendsetters wouldn’t benefit) but wouldn’t it be great if we got bonus points for submitting a look? If the 1200 point goal is there to stay, bonus points would help with looks not getting the desired amount of votes and make it easier to finish with a little time to spare to truly enjoy the event like we did with the old SYS. 😊 
    iOS platform 
    PM for FB requests 💞
    #dontpunishpayingplayers
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    edited December 2018
    yezx said:
    I've been thinking and I really think a maximum score would be a great solution for trendsetters. Because I see you all want the hair and to be number 1, but it is just in a testing fase now, so when they release it, I hope you are all aware of the fact many people will outbid you. If they set the maximum score at (maybe) 2000, people still will have to pay for tickets (win for Glu), but at least all those people who buy tickets will be #1 (win for us) and are sure of getting the hair. And honestly that is important to me, I wouldn't want to spend 50 euro on the game to be #1 and wake up the next day seeing someone outbid me and I lost all my money on nothing...

I'm not really a fan of picking average points, because that would again harm new players and you would still be spending (probably lots) of money without being sure of getting items...

Just my opinion...

Also, not really fond of the idea to expand the prizes to the top 3, cause when they do this, y'all probably want it to expand to the top 5, and so on and so on... 

So only people who buy tickets would be able to get the items? I don't think you've thought this idea through...

The whole point is that using the term "trendsetters" and making it a ranking system suggests that the winner should be the player that other players think has the best style! This can only be fair if there is either: (a) a maximum number of looks people can enter (i.e. 25 looks x 60 possible votes = a max of 1500 votes, OR (b) averages are used (player A submits 30 looks and gets an average of 49 points per look, so their score is 49; player B submits only 19 looks but gets an average of 52, so their score is 52 and they win). 

The only other way I can see this working is if only a user's top 26 scores are included. If people want to buy tickets they can, their lower scores can be dropped and only their top 26 will be tallied.

By allowing players to purchase tickets and have them count towards their total score, Glu is essentially allowing players to buy votes and legally "cheat" the system they have put in place. The person on the top of my list definitely doesn't have better style than the others but has been buying votes so that they are winning the top "trendsetter" award.

If Glu wants to sell the items they should just sell the items. Don't present it as a "prize" that the best "trendsetter" will achieve when you are also allowing players to bypass this and literally buy the prize. 

In references to "y'all probably want it to expand to the top 5, and so on and so on..." what's wrong with more people winning the items? I don't see how there could be a problem with that.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    yezx said:

Just my opinion...

I don’t really think that’s the best idea ,but I think it’s the most practical one because Glu wants our money and one way ,or another they are going to get it! 😂🤭

Now I completely disagree with you, I think the top three should get the ultimate prize because that makes sense. Making it ,so only one person can achieve the ultimate price is so unattainable! 🎫☝️
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    So only people who buy tickets would be able to get the items? I don't think you've thought this through... The whole point is that using the term "trendsetters" and making it a ranking system suggests that the winner should be the player that other players think has the best style! This can only be fair if there is either: (a) a maximum number of looks people can enter (i.e. 25 looks x 60 possible votes = a max of 1500 votes, OR (b) averages are used (player A submits 30 looks and gets an average of 49 points per look, so their score is 49; player B submits only 19 looks but gets an average of 52, so their score is 52 and they win). 
    The only other way I can see this working is if only a user's top 26 scores are included. If people want to buy tickets they can, their lower scores can be dropped and only their top 26 will be tallied.
    By allowing players to purchase tickets and have them count towards their total score, Glu is essentially allowing players to buy votes and legally "cheat" the system they have put in place. The person on the top of my list definitely doesn't have better style than the others but has been buying votes so that they are winning the top "trendsetter" award.
    It's already so that you have to buy tickets, so buying tickets to be able to get the items is just an a fortiori application. I could agree on a maximum number of looks, but will people be able to earn the regular SYS items? Right now, we get 27 tickets and a lot of players don't even finish with those? And your other options also allow players to cheat the system, because you can keep buying to drop the low votes and to up the average? So you keep spending money, not even being sure you get items.

@melissakkh, no it would not mean 1 person, if there is a maximum score, there will be multiple players who are #1. All of them will get the hair, making it more possible to get it

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • Options
    Straight up average wouldn't work without other changes, because you could submit one fabulous look, stop playing, and stay at the top. A minimum amount of looks would need to be required. It would be better like you said to just average everyone's top 10 scores. (With a minimum of 10 scores required for example).

iOS
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    Straight up average wouldn't work without other changes, because you could submit one fabulous look, stop playing, and stay at the top. A minimum amount of looks would need to be required. It would be better like you said to just average everyone's top 10 scores. (With a minimum of 10 scores required for example).

& @yezx True, I'm seeing that averages wouldn't be perfect either. Although I think it is better than what we have now, the system is intrinsically flawed & I agree that these quick fixes wouldn't be that effective. 

On a (maybe) more positive note, my high scores are closing the gap between me & the player who bought tickets. They'll likely buy more, though.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    Yeah, in my game I was finally in first for a little while today, but then she bought more tickets and is now 100 points ahead of me.
    iOS
  • Options
    @katiealexandraa yes haha, literally anything would be better than what we have now... I'm just trying to come up with a solution which is more fair...

I hope she doesn't buy more tickets tho!

Make kkh great again: 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I just spent 5 minutes editing my comments 😓 What is it with me and those typos? 😂 I swear I never learned how to write properly on a keyboard 😂😭 

Nineties Vibes 👩🏻‍💻
    Edit: 5 seconds later 😂
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts

FML
  • Options

FML
    WOW 😮 

She is not competing, she is winning 😂🖖🏻
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts

FML

Thats absurd! Maybe send that screenshot to eggs @soundspretty He did say to share if you see something really unusual. I would say that qualifies!
  • Options
    AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts

FML
    What is even the point of this when you’re already almost 300 points over and no one else is buying tickets? It’s just a waste of money.
  • Options
    Ok that is so strange. Why bother buying tickets past 1200 especially if no one is chasing you?
    iOS
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    SugarK said:

FML

Thats absurd! Maybe send that screenshot to eggs @soundspretty He did say to share if you see something really unusual. I would say that qualifies!
    I don’t think so 😬 She is just “securing her spot “ 😂
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Leave it to me to get the crazy person in my group 🤯 I'm giving this a big millennial can't even.
  • Options
    mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
     Just submitted the look on the left! I love these pants and think they’re perfect for the theme. The one on the right is my second look from the beginning of the event..... hm 🤔
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    My look just got done being voted 👏🏻👏🏻 
    It did pretty well! I am so happy! This hair is honestly one of my favorites. 

• Options
    PSA: she's up to 1530 now

• Options
    icechicicechic Registered Users, Member 281 Posts
    Trendsetters should be renamed "BigSpenders"!!! Lol my goodness
    I play three games on iOS devices.
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    #MoreAds4Kstars
    #FixTheWine
  • Options
    icechicicechic Registered Users, Member 281 Posts

My throwback boxes for this week. I'd love to get items every time but I chose poorly. I wasn't feeling my palette this week either so I only did the free play. I was hoping for the bundle but was just happy I didnt get the western stuff... im not into those.
    I play three games on iOS devices.
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    #MoreAds4Kstars
    #FixTheWine
  • Options
    Today's looks and results!

iOS
  • Options
    mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    Won the earringns in my throwback box

I’m liking them, and I think it was a really good pick considering my options this week!! 
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • Options
    charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    Excited to use this in the SYS!!