Forum Moderation, Diversity & Show Your Style

14567810Next

Comments

• watermelonsugarhighwatermelonsugarhigh Registered Users, Member 1,383 Posts
    edited June 2021
    haylow71 said:
    Are we going to get an explanation on why we didn’t get the blm items?? 
    i think glu got rid of it at the last minute because they thought it would have came off as performative 
    UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    current level: 62
    on and off kkh player since 2014
    daily player since october 2020
    add me on my socials https://www.facebook.com/gisele.kkh/
    instagram.com/gisele.kkh 
  • PrincessCDettePrincessCDette Registered Users, Member 413 Posts
    haylow71 said:
    i think glu got rid of it at the last minute because they thought it would have came off as performative 
    Why is that considered performative and the celebration they did for Pride not or that weak event they did for stopping AAPI hate? At this point it all seems performative. It just seems shady to me. If the logo they'd used was copyrighted why not just use the symbol they put on the Pride flag without the rainbow. We would've completely understood the point they were trying to make. They just need to do better by all marginalized communities.
    I'm a feminist, activist, fangirl, princess and a pet parent. Yes, a princess AND a feminist. The duality in my personality makes me great! 
    Android User off an on from 2014

• haylow71haylow71 Registered Users, Member 248 Posts
    haylow71 said:
    Why is that considered performative and the celebration they did for Pride not or that weak event they did for stopping AAPI hate? At this point it all seems performative. It just seems shady to me. If the logo they'd used was copyrighted why not just use the symbol they put on the Pride flag without the rainbow. We would've completely understood the point they were trying to make. They just need to do better by all marginalized communities.
    I just feel like this should have been handle differently… and not speaking on the situation is not making the situation better.  And also like you said what happen to Juneteenth??  So what was the point of making this discussion if none of our questions and concerns are being answered.. 
  • PrincessCDettePrincessCDette Registered Users, Member 413 Posts
    haylow71 said:
    haylow71 said:
    I just feel like this should have been handle differently… and not speaking on the situation is not making the situation better.  And also like you said what happen to Juneteenth??  So what was the point of making this discussion if none of our questions and concerns are being answered.. 
    Honestly I think they made this thread to get the "problems" out of the other threads. Out of sight out of mind.
    I'm a feminist, activist, fangirl, princess and a pet parent. Yes, a princess AND a feminist. The duality in my personality makes me great! 
    Android User off an on from 2014

• BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    haylow71 said:
    haylow71 said:
    Honestly I think they made this thread to get the "problems" out of the other threads. Out of sight out of mind.
    I agree 10000000%
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are!