Forum Moderation, Diversity & Show Your Style

Comments

• RRMRRM Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    @abasili93 that's great that you did some research. I'm seeing some problematic/inaccurate comments from you about white privilege, so maybe do some research about that as well. You'll find that white privilege is not that you are "condemned to pay the debts of some bunch of White assh*les from other countries for the rest of our lives". 

I'm also curious as to why you think it's white jerks "from other countries". I know for a fact that Italy has a vicious history against people of colour as well (for example colonialism).
  • abasili93abasili93 Registered Users 331 Posts
    edited April 2021
    FB Player since 2015 - Android since 2020 🌙
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
    English is not my first language 🇮🇹
    edited April 2021
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    @abasili93 I did read that's why I replied to you. You were implying that somehow racism and cultural appropriation are somehow different in some countries or barely there and I gave you examples of it. Do not take it as a personal attack to your country bc it isn't. There are good things about it that I miss however there are also bad things about. That's it. Implying that Americans are the only ones who somehow know the true definition of cultural appropriation and racism is just not it
    edited April 2021
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
    edited April 2021
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
    @abasili93 sorry no you're wrong, I reallyyyy think you need do more research about these matters. My one minute search revealed if was not just Ethiopia:
    1) "the colonial empire included the territories of present-day Libya, Somalia and Eritrea"
    2) "Outside Africa, Italy possessed the Dodecanese Islands off the coast of Turkey (...) and a concession in Tianjin in China"

And this is just from Wikipedia.
  • hanhanhanhanhanhan Registered Users, Member 153 Posts
    edited April 2021
  • kkhcaitykkhcaity Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    edited June 2021
    edited April 2021

Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
    @abasili93 and I'm sorry are you trying to say that one country sees racism and goes 'ah sh*t Johnny is at it again🤠' and the other is actually concerned for it? I could understand cultural appropriation, bc some cultures are just shared but are you trying to imply that there's some countries in which racism isn't seen as a big issue? Not bc it's not there, but bc the people are simply 'uneducated about it'?
    @abasili93 of course, I don't think anyone here is being called racist without having done anything racist or ignorant. Every time I've seen someone being called racist in this forum is because they did something ignorant and refused to listen why it was offensive. Instead they doubled down, offending even more people.
    edited April 2021
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
    edited April 2021
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
  • Lilith_KKHLilith_KKH Registered Users, Member 182 Posts
    abasili93 said:
    kkhcaity said:
    abasili93 said:
    @RRM Mussolini Just tried to colonize Ethiopia and they (fairly) kicked our ass*s off. That's all the colonialism we had.
    No, Italy also tried to colonialize Eritrea, Somalia, Libya, and Albania (among others). Not to mention the use of mustard gas, torture and the deaths of a million+ people. 
    @kkhcaity yes and I think I should be account eligible also for Wat Crimes right? (:
    You benefit from white privilege. I don't know why I keep having to repeat myself. That's not a condemnation of you or your character, that's a fact.
    IOS Player - Level 50

Nonbinary - They/He
  • astaasta Registered Users, Member 669 Posts
    @asta no specifics, no. just that i have been “disruptive and disrespectful” 🥴
    holy sh... i can’t believe how tone deaf that is of them... 
    @abasili93 that still doesn't excuse why when explained that something felt like cultural appropriation, in here in this forum, people get either over defensive and refuse to listen or just straight up get arrogant about it
  • hanhanhanhanhanhan Registered Users, Member 153 Posts
    edited April 2021
    edited June 2021
    edited April 2021
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
    edited April 2021
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
    edited April 2021
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
    edited June 2021
    edited April 2021
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
  • Lilith_KKHLilith_KKH Registered Users, Member 182 Posts
    abasili93 said:
    @kkhcaity also your comments about Italian War Crimes was absolutely out of contest. Congrats on your degree (:

🤔
    IOS Player - Level 50

Nonbinary - They/He
  • PerfectionPerfection Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    I'm gonna insert my 2 black cents here bc it's getting tiring and I'm technically no one's teacher.

The things being discussed here aren't new. None of them are. Things like these have been happening even before I was born. While w different methods, these things have been going on for many and many decades if not a few centuries.

Do NOT expect to be met w kindness when you're being dismissive or ignorant and refusing to listen. Do NOT expect to be met w patience and understanding when you're refusing to listen and admit your wrong doings. Do NOT expect to be met w respect and politeness when you're taking the side of someone who's been nothing but discriminatory and arrogant about it. Do NOT invalidate the experiences of others bc you've never seen them or experienced them.

And to add these few little experiences of mine bc there's a few people who think that racism outside of America doesn't exist.

My mother worked w a racist couple for over 7+ years and this was in Italy.

I was called the n word several times (and ne*ro) by other people when minding my own business and this, again, was in Italy.

My mother had to relax my (and her)  hair bc of how badly I was being bullied and how 'uncomfortable'others felt around us. This was again in Italy.

Now am I saying or implying that Italy is a bad place w only racist people there? No. I've had friends who cared about me and complimented both me and my mothers skin. Same thing goes for her. She had non black friends who didn't care about her skintone. I even had a teacher who would check up on me when I was sick. Her and my mother would hang out every now and then.

My point is, that a lot of people act as if the outside of America isn't aware of cultural appropriation or racism in general which is total bullsh*t. I've seen asians in my class in Italy being bullied for being asians and I've experienced bullying bc of my race and skin. Stop trying to act as if everyone outside of English speaking countries aren't aware or a part of the problem.
    this is 2021 not 1921 so there really should be no excuses for ignorance.