Options

Baby Update is here - Official thread Open

Comments

• Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I continue to believe this will be a party weekend, and I really wish they hadn't taken away so much of the ease and fun from that event. The gigs events are such a struggle, as are the dating ones! The parties stood out as being the 'kickback & simply enjoy' time... Wish they hadn't changed it. It's not going to change my personal spending habits, but it will be annoying.

I really wish they'd make their money by offering us more Kim Pick's, weekend bundles, etc. Now, with babies available, they could really make a bundle off of briefly-available exclusive items! People with impulse-control problems <ie, me!> would go nuts for that stuff! Maybe they have to pay more for the rights to clothing designs or something, so they don't do that. To the uninformed, it seems like such a license to print money, though!

I agree with this. I don't fully understand - did they lengthen party times or take away the small talk option to finish a party at Calabasas? I hope not! That was the one type of event that was actually fun since it made it FEEL like a party - taking a break, cruising through it sort of, not feeling so pressured! I still didn't always win everything even then but it didn't feel so grindy and nervous in the meantime...

Now if they have turned party events into another furious weekend-long tap and grind session..I dunno, I think I'd rather just buy things. And choose when and how much to do so.

I guess grindy things are good for those who can't buy stars at all. But all of the jobs and tasks are already like that, and all the other events other than the shopping ones.

I has a sad.
  • Options
    IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    I am so irritated that I conceived a boy. I wish there was a re-do button.
  • Options
    That's why the adoption route seemed a win/win to me. No needy dates, or psycho spouse; and I can pick exactly which one I want. I get to be as shallow and as selfish as I'd like to be in this game, since it's only pixels. Lol
  • Options
    Yeah shelling out 160 stars was definitely a no for me, lol. Oh well. I thought you have to wait until the babies change everyday or are you able to sift through a bunch of options once you're ready to adopt?
  • Options
    I thought so too and I was eagerly waiting for the next morning so I could see the next two choices. I wasn't 'inspired' by the first two baby choices.

But no, you can click as if you are about to adopt - and then you can choose 'see another baby' after that. Just make sure you don't mistakenly click 'yes' on the one you don't really want.

You can 'see another baby' to infinity I think. Sometimes you have to do it twice before the babies change.
  • Options
    Bee7Bee7 Registered Users 88 Posts
    I am so irritated that I conceived a boy. I wish there was a re-do button.

What's wrong with conceiving? I was thinking of going that way to see if the baby was a good mix.
    What irritated you about it?
    GC: BaiBeeM

G+ : BaileyM
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with conceiving unless you care about gender, which I did. I wanted a girl but I would have close to 0 K stars if I chose adoption.
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Exciting news! - well exciting for me - My game is *finally* fixed. I communicated with KK:H_Staff via PMs since March, they were very polite, nice and concerned, it was a long wait and a long investigation, but it's over now! I have a lot of quests I've missed so now Simon keeps calling me and inviting me to his office. I'm so happy you all cannot even imagine.

I'm sorry I have been so whiny about it, I will not complain any more (not until another bug comes my way - I hope it won't happen soon tho). Also thanks a lot to Koko, she has been very nice and supportive to me too.

Hope no one ever will experience any major problems with the game, I know it's disappointing to experience something like that.
    Anyways, when I'm happy, I want to make everyone happy. Here, have some fun with Lesley Gore:
    ;) I hope you guys are having a wonderful day/night/evening/morning!

P.S.: Sorry that this is off-topic, it won't happen again, I promise.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    ^Kate what happens in game to let you know that it's fixed. I've had the same issue since March and Glu basically told me they can't help and there was no quest issue.
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Apparently I'm the only disappointed with this update. I thought that a big update means at least 15 new items not just 6. Yeah I know it's the "baby update" the babies are cute and the clothes too but I hate that we can't customize them or choose the gender if we conceive them I mean is not the real life.
  • Options
    ^Kate what happens in game to let you know that it's fixed. I've had the same issue since March and Glu basically told me they can't help and there was no quest issue.

I've just PMd you :)

• Options
    ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Exciting news! - well exciting for me - My game is *finally* fixed. I communicated with KK:H_Staff via PMs since March, they were very polite, nice and concerned, it was a long wait and a long investigation, but it's over now! I have a lot of quests I've missed so now Simon keeps calling me and inviting me to his office. I'm so happy you all cannot even imagine.

I'm sorry I have been so whiny about it, I will not complain any more (not until another bug comes my way - I hope it won't happen soon tho). Also thanks a lot to Koko, she has been very nice and supportive to me too.

Hope no one ever will experience any major problems with the game, I know it's disappointing to experience something like that.
    Anyways, when I'm happy, I want to make everyone happy. Here, have some fun with Lesley Gore:
    ;) I hope you guys are having a wonderful day/night/evening/morning!

P.S.: Sorry that this is off-topic, it won't happen again, I promise.

I'm so happy for you! I feel the same way when they removed this glitch from my game. Now enjoy lots and lots of new guests!
    Have fun!
  • Options
    ticisss wrote: »
    I'm so happy for you! I feel the same way when they removed this glitch from my game. Now enjoy lots and lots of new guests!
    Have fun!

Thank youuuuuuu <3

• Options
    GUYSSSS, Cassio is back!
  • Options
    Ohh, Cassio saved the adoption center... Okay, I'll never get over this guy.
  • Options
    MidnightDescentMidnightDescent Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 78 Posts
    Apparently I'm the only disappointed with this update. I thought that a big update means at least 15 new items not just 6. Yeah I know it's the "baby update" the babies are cute and the clothes too but I hate that we can't customize them or choose the gender if we conceive them I mean is not the real life.

I hear you. I'd pay to change the kid's features because everyone else's kid seems cuter than the one my doll got. Oh well
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I hear you. I'd pay to change the kid's features because everyone else's kid seems cuter than the one my doll got. Oh well

I'm probably getting confused by the various babies, but I thought you'd already posted a beautiful family picture! Did you show one earlier and then remove it? I'm sorry, I'm probably wrong!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    I just noticed that the difference between boys and girls is not the eyeliner. The difference is only in the bar name, pink for girls and blue for boys, I know because a girl told that she has a boy who has "girl's eyeliner".
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts

You're not the only Francesca!

The truth is that complain makes me tired. What can we do? We spent days here suggesting fantastic things and this creates a very high expectation among us then reality comes and disappoint us.

I think the way of coceive is fair, pay and get what you want don't pay is a shot in the dark, I even suggested something like this months ago, but everything else about babies is absolutely expensive it's really discouraging.

About interactivity with the baby I'd rather wait and see, I think that Glu will test the reception and then yes add related content since opinions were divided about having babies in the game.

I already talked about the parties and the increasing difficulty here I hope they really listen to us and come back as it was before.

The VIP thing is worthless and isn't fun. The only characters with decent rewards are the Kardashian sisters, yet the prize is random, the whole thing involves energy expenditure + countdown + waiting time after the event. Definitely not cool.

I love the fish, I thought I should talk again lol

I think we'll have another update soon, after all Kim's beauty team hasn't yet been added, and of course we're with this update just over 24 hours in hand, I'm sure we still have surprises ahead!;)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I know Halloween is far away but imagine the babies with halloween customes OMG.
  • Options
    Vinn4311Vinn4311 Registered Users 54 Posts
    I'm still dating to get our baby but can not wait. So it's hard to try to keep up with everyone post but do you get new body types if you having your baby?
  • Options
    Vinn4311 wrote: »
    I'm still dating to get our baby but can not wait. So it's hard to try to keep up with everyone post but do you get new body types if you having your baby?

You mean new body types for the dolls? No.
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

I think we'll have another update soon, after all Kim's beauty team hasn't yet been added, and of course we're with this update just over 24 hours in hand, I'm sure we still have surprises ahead!;)

Hummm, I'm not Sooo sure Kims glam squad isn't already in the game.

Disclaimer : what I'm about to say is pure speculation but it makes sense in my lame brain hahahahahaha

It appears there are different levels for the VIPs since it starts off with "acquaintance ". My theory is as the relationship develops with Kim, she'll introduced you to her team and they'll appear in the VIP list after that.

I'm sure I'm completely wrong but if I'm not I'm gonna play the Mega Millions
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    DMV_Doll wrote: »

Disclaimer : what I'm about to say is pure speculation but it makes sense in my lame brain hahahahahaha

It appears there are different levels for the VIPs since it starts off with "acquaintance ". My theory is as the relationship develops with Kim, she'll introduced you to her team and they'll appear in the VIP list after that.

I'm hanging out with Kendall and I'm in the "close friend" phase now

1- acquaintance
    2- friend
    3- close friend (I'm in this phase so I dont know what's next)
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Has anyone actually gotten the reward from a VIP friend? I did a photoshoot with each one of them today and didn't get the reward from any of them! Maybe as you build up a relationship with them, then you will have a greater probability of getting the reward? Idk
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »

I completely agree! They have never released a teaser and then it not be included in the update.. It seems like so far in this update, Glu has tried to space things out so we aren't bombarded with quests the first day and have nothing to do after a week. I'm thinking Mario and Jen are already in the game and we'll probably meet them at a weekend event.
    + jen and Mario's teasers were released way before the baby teasers. they have to be in this update somewhere.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    MidnightDescentMidnightDescent Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 78 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I'm probably getting confused by the various babies, but I thought you'd already posted a beautiful family picture! Did you show one earlier and then remove it? I'm sorry, I'm probably wrong!

I posted the picture and then went through and checked out everybody else's babies. Y'all have adorable babies and mine doesn't compare. I think it's the wild eyebrows that are doing it. But she was cute when I picked her.

You tell me...
    image.jpg1_zpsynkeu6ph.jpg
  • Options
    natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    So Amelia and her husband, Henry had a fallout about starting a family. Amelia wanted kids and Henery was extremely well without kids. One thing lead another and they are now divorced. They realized that their relationship would never get at that point and it was just best to part ways. Amelia went on her own and decided to adopt a lovely girl. I introduce you to Theodora!

16kovph.jpg
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • Options
    natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    P.S. I love the dress Amelia is wearing because it looks like there is a slight baby bump or is it just me? Lol I fantasize too much.
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I posted the picture and then went through and checked out everybody else's babies. Y'all have adorable babies and mine doesn't compare. I think it's the wild eyebrows that are doing it. But she was cute when I picked her.

You tell me...
    image.jpg1_zpsynkeu6ph.jpg

Oh no, I'm sorry you feel that way! I really like your baby: those big, soulful eyes! My baby has the same exact eyebrows as yours, and I think they're great! But maybe if you don't like them, you could try that long shag hairstyle on her? You know the one with the long bangs that might soften the look of the eyebrows?

Edit: this one! cfaf7c5f-63e4-4f3c-a9cd-4c0e197d30a3_zpsgeeeaptc.jpg Many of the other babies have this hair anyway, no?

To me, your baby looks exactly like the other gorgeous babies!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19