Baby Update is here - Official thread Open

Comments

• Options
    DanniDanni Registered Users 143 Posts
    Those purple eyes are incredible :')
    Lightsticks11 on gc!
  • Options
    ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Great update! So much fun. Well done, Glu!
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I just wanted to clarify my situation, and not give people the wrong idea about the adoption vs conception options.

I'd been fully planning to have my married dolls reach relationship max again and conceive, but 1) I grew impatient with the enormous amount of dating to be done, and 2) I saw LizD's beautiful picture which showed that a father might contribute varying amounts of his appearance to the baby. Much as I really, really wanted a baby that blended my two dolls, I have created two ethnically-diverse ones, and realized tonight that I most wanted the baby to resemble its mom. I didn't think I'd be satisfied if the baby's skin was lighter than hers. So I decided to force the issue by finding the baby that looked the way I wanted. I thought I was picking a baby with eyes to evoke a dad with blue-grayish eyes, but whatever they actually are, they're pretty cool!

So anyway, I just wanted to be clear. I picked out the baby that I wanted, and I'm still calling it the product of my dolls, anyway! It was a ton of fun.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Have you adopted or conceived Alkoholiks?

i adopted little Grady.

Jedi isn't married anymore. i didn't want to wait to build up relationship points since i don't play this game often anymore. someone is always breaking up with me. although i am sort of intrigued by the possibilities of conciving. i wonder if the babies will ever age
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    Congratulations to all new parents! Your babies are sooo cute and adorable! Also, i can read the happiness in your eyes :D
    I didn´t adopt a baby because i kinda wish to conceive one with my handsome husband, but who knows if i will pe so patient to reach the max on dates. For now, i guess i want a liitle bit more time as a free responsabilities woman. :)
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • Options
    ceciliacecilia Registered Users 4 Posts
    All of your babies look amazing! I really want to conceive a baby but i'm not married and just broke up ahhh it's gonna take me a lifetime </3
    I do want to get a baby just in time for the baby shower! This is probably the biggest update yet and i don't wanna miss it..
    Off to dating I go!!
    Good luck everyone else :D
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I think the change in eyes could be in preparation for the makeup and hair update because I've noticed that the coloured eyeshadows look better now - having eye colour that pops kind of compliments detailed makeup more so maybe we will get some interesting new looks :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    mindybunny wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that 3 hour parties take more energy now? I used to go on when I had no other gigs, and finish a party in Calabasas with 7 small talks and a 4 energy action. Now these things only fill 4 stars? Weird.

Omg this is so upsetting to me. That's how I always speed through every party based event in Calabasas. Between this and 8 hour gigs taking the energy normally required for a 12 or 24 hour gig, plus the trend of new gigs not allowing us to invite friends, I am growing quite annoyed and I'm not sure if I will continue playing much longer. The game is already a huge time commitment.
    iOS
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Witness! The transformation from Cat Lady to Single Mother.

QXdIQDp.png

(And by the way, who's that spooky bear lurking in front?)

to

Hnjw0v9.png

Although, that adoption center nurse struck me as a tiny bit passive aggressive. I could have sworn I heard her mutter "leave," under her breath, as I stared into my new baby's eyes...

Full album here:

http://imgur.com/a/m4r8I

Does the baby look slightly terrified in her new home? She calmed down once I took her shopping.

The last pic shows the adoption center after adoption. The two assistants are gone. Maybe Maggie Swan told them to "leave," too. Lol
  • Options
    ReginaaReginaa Registered Users 58 Posts
    AliBryant wrote: »
    Omg this is so upsetting to me. That's how I always speed through every party based event in Calabasas. Between this and 8 hour gigs taking the energy normally required for a 12 or 24 hour gig, plus the trend of new gigs not allowing us to invite friends, I am growing quite annoyed and I'm not sure if I will continue playing much longer. The game is already a huge time commitment.

and the small talk recharge in parties is weird now. it's not every 50 mins nor 1 hour. idek. this is why you dont fix something if it aint broken!!!!! ugh
  • Options
    The LAX eye glitch is so much worse after the update. Have you ever been on a flight and drank way too much coffee?

image_zpsifokyck7.jpg
  • Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Can we adopt and have another baby naturally? And why the husband is not in the nursery?
  • Options
    I think it's really only one baby no matter what, right now.

Maybe he's not in the nursery in order to make room for all that Kstar purchase-able furniture! My baby has a seriously empty room! Roughly $30,0000 for the crib, something like $12,000 for a stuffed toy as the only cash-available items? That seems a little off.

• Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I think it's really only one baby no matter what, right now.

Maybe he's not in the nursery in order to make room for all that Kstar purchase-able furniture! My baby has a seriously empty room! Roughly $30,0000 for the crib, something like $12,000 for a stuffed toy as the only cash-available items? That seems a little off.
    It's really obvious that glu knew how much players wanted this addition to the game and have determined to make as much money out of it as possible because they know they can. Not expressing opinion on that but we can see how it is ;)
  • Options
    I have to agree.

And then you add in the seriously-lengthened time for the parties, and the refresh time for friends during gigs... Not too much fun.

I continue to believe this will be a party weekend, and I really wish they hadn't taken away so much of the ease and fun from that event. The gigs events are such a struggle, as are the dating ones! The parties stood out as being the 'kickback & simply enjoy' time... Wish they hadn't changed it. It's not going to change my personal spending habits, but it will be annoying.

I really wish they'd make their money by offering us more Kim Pick's, weekend bundles, etc. Now, with babies available, they could really make a bundle off of briefly-available exclusive items! People with impulse-control problems <ie, me!> would go nuts for that stuff! Maybe they have to pay more for the rights to clothing designs or something, so they don't do that. To the uninformed, it seems like such a license to print money, though!

• Options
    I have to agree.

And then you add in the seriously-lengthened time for the parties, and the refresh time for friends during gigs... Not too much fun.
    Yeah truth
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Did you guys get any new quests after promoting that XVX drink?
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    ShammxoShammxo Registered Users 26 Posts
    He was beautiful, to be sure! Maybe someday you'll have the Kstars to get him back-- devil's advocate, but do you really want to have your one and only baby with a suboptimal daddy? Would it be worth waiting on the baby, and saving up to get your ideal man back? Just had to ask!

Whatever you do, good luck, Shammxo! I love my baby already, and now want to have a Baby Bjorn baby carrier added to my wardrobe so that I have the option of wearing her constantly! Come on, Glu: Wearable baby!?

Off to the suggestion thread!

Haha, Luz, my current husband and I look a lot alike, so at least I know the baby will be tan with brown hair and green eyes!
    6p86u1.jpg he is no Carlos, but we are at almost 11000 now, so he will have to do, and our baby will at least be cute:P

Totally with you on an accessory so we can "wear" the baby. Your family is adorable btw, the name Pilar is perfect and I love her tutu. ¡Que linda! Oh, and you can call me Sham (since I think I've already read about another Sam!)
    GC: shammxo
  • Options
    SabinaCSabinaC Registered Users 200 Posts
    No update for Facebook :(
  • Options
    tamara_sdtamara_sd Registered Users 57 Posts
    Has anyone successfully had a wedding since the baby update? A few of us got a proposal, accepted, but then...nothing. No phone call to come to Florence, and the Florence wedding location is locked.
    Game Center: + (tamara) +
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Congratulations to everyone!

Tell me does the baby girl have a mohawk hairstyle?
    PM to add
  • Options
    MzLeeLeeMzLeeLee Registered Users 44 Posts
    I am pleased to announce that after feeling and looking like I was gonna explode

1433331655316_zpsfddnvrkw.jpg

I introduce to you our new beautiful baby boy Markese Dominic. Born June 3, 2015 @ 9:00am. Labor took all night and was very painful. Did it all natural with no drugs!

IMG_20150603_090156_zps7cgs2l66.jpg
  • Options
    tamara_sd wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully had a wedding since the baby update? A few of us got a proposal, accepted, but then...nothing. No phone call to come to Florence, and the Florence wedding location is locked.

I got the proposal too and it didn't open for me either ... Ray keeps tweeting about the registry and wedding licenseaand engagement Ring but that's it
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Why isn't there a nursery at my hubby's house?

He's already a good for nothing stalking leach, that robs me of my energy, money and K Stars.

The friggin least he can do is watch the kid at his place, but nope he's a leach and now a dead beat dad too.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Can anyone answer my question please
    Did you guys get any new quests after promoting that XVX drink?
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Congratulations to everyone!

Tell me does the baby girl have a mohawk hairstyle?

Yes, the girls have the same mohawk available that Jedi's boy is wearing in his picture... http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?135636-Baby-Update-is-here-Official-thread-Open/page14

But it doesn't stand up off of the head like yours does. It's a relatively-flat little mohawk. Still very cute.

• Options
    That's an awesome birth journal, MzLeeLee! Beautiful little boy, too! Congratulations!

Got to learn how to edit images one of these days. What software do you use?

• Options
    Shammxo wrote: »
    Haha, Luz, my current husband and I look a lot alike, so at least I know the baby will be tan with brown hair and green eyes!
    6p86u1.jpg he is no Carlos, but we are at almost 11000 now, so he will have to do, and our baby will at least be cute:P

Totally with you on an accessory so we can "wear" the baby. Your family is adorable btw, the name Pilar is perfect and I love her tutu. ¡Que linda! Oh, and you can call me Sham (since I think I've already read about another Sam!)

Hi Sham! Your husband is perfect, too! Well, I'm glad to see that you're going to win no matter what, and that you're so close to the big event! Well done! Best of luck, and can't wait to see the pics!

...and who knows, maybe there will still be a reunion with Carlos someday.

• Options
    That's an awesome birth journal, MzLeeLee! Beautiful little boy, too! Congratulations!

Got to learn how to edit images one of these days. What software do you use?

I'm on android .. And I just used photo warp for that photo or cut paste photos both apps from the playstore
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    Can anyone answer my question please

on my glitched game i did not get anything after. on the other game i got a call from Kris about opening a So Chic online store. looks like it's still not fixed yet Kate :(
    no i don't have any chill