Options

Weekend Event 7/24/2015 - 5 Months to Christmas - Woo Hoo!

Comments

• Options
    Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    The first part of my boot camp is at chateau nuit... Step One: Get the bartender's number XD
    image.jpg1_zpsl1qlqv4o.jpg
    *Wink Wink* ;);)
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    The first part of my boot camp is at chateau nuit... Step One: Get the bartender's number XD

I think she will definitely get his number wearing that outfit!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    I promised myself I wouldn't but something in me is doubting we will get another throwback for a while so I talked myself into opening one more giftbox (which I forgot to take a screenshot of) and I got the dreaded St Patty's day hair..
    I guess I'll hold off on the sparkly Christmas suit for now, and at least I didn't get another gold chain or pair of sunglasses.

Oh no!!! That really stinks Trevor. That's less useful than the ladies dreaded green boa, though not as bad as the plastic Sha,rock ring. I love the sparkly Christmas suit. I hope you get it some day!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Boo-yah! Luz is most likely gonna get his number first but no worries I'll get his number one way or another.
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I've been mixin' and matchin' old and new items... I'm diggin' this look :)

PhotoGrid_1437795282230_zpssqjtkpgl.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    You look great! Does anyone know how many tasks there are for the weekend event quest;D I'm on the task where I have to go the black rabbit party..I'm so behind.
  • Options
    O
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I've been mixin' and matchin' old and new items... I'm diggin' this look :)

PhotoGrid_1437795282230_zpssqjtkpgl.jpg

I want that hair!
    I really want that hair!
    I really really want that hair!
    Have I mentioned how much I want that hair?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    UUuuuuuuggggh I was all out daaaay I'm so far behind.
    As long as I get that shirt everything's cool. I wouldn't mind getting the skirt but I'm not so crazy about it. I just hope I get the shirt. Those shoes are still a no. Wish they put Louboutin designs more often, or at least some Balenciaga c'mon.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I'm not crazy about the event clothes at all. I am however, totally bananas over the throwback gift boxes. It really livened up my wardrobe. The real fun begins when I mix & match with items already in my wardrobe. Ok sure I ended up with a few duds like the heart & shamrock ring but I don't care. For the most part, I'm extremely happy with what I got. I really hope Glu does this again soon. I'm so glad I spent the money that I did because I love almost everything I've won, thus far.

here's more stuff....

28i3p60.jpg
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    First Happy Birthday Nebula!

Lucy I saw you decided to come back, good to have your company to we sink all together lol

I read crazy rumors about me, wait what?

I'm happy to see that the throwback sale left the forum in a frenzy, it's great to come here and see a good energy. Holly if you spend it all that with fake clothes I can’t imagine how much you spend on real clothes!

I thought the sale a great idea, but poorly executed. I've never been a fan of gift boxes, because I always thought them unfair. I only bet on the boxes once, as everyone knows the story, and my motivation to bet it was because I felt very honored that Glu have listen a very specific request. But I learned my lesson and will never come back to spend k-stars in these boxes, even if one day Brad Pitt’s hair returns.

Having a guaranteed item isn’t the same as having an item you want, for me it makes no difference to win a hair style that already exists in the wardrobe but with reindeer horns included or 4k k $, well at least the 4k would have use different from the hair...

I definitely don’t support such a policy if it’s to be a sale, they should make available the items so we can choose and don’t go through this Russian roulette. For those who have a gameplay style that seeks to complete the entire collection as Holly whatever the way of acquiring they’ll buy smoothly, but for those who are looking for something specific these boxes only increase the frustration and discontent with the game.

Glu I’m glad you are trying, but I know you can do it better, so please do it!

Thanks Vats! KKH Titanic :D

I really agree with what you say btw, although that's just how glu do all about that profit. Getting regular kcash shoes in a throwback gift box didn't even make me blink because that's just how they do.

The game is still fun to me without spending money it seems like it's when you spend money that it becomes less fun because you're often guaranteed to waste it with the gift box set up. I think in a lot of people that discourages spending, but I guess they know what they're doing and the continued profit must be outweighing that.

Maybe in our boot camp we can have kickgiftboxing :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Boo-yah! Luz is most likely gonna get his number first but no worries I'll get his number one way or another.

Well, if he's actually Moe Szyslack, I'm definitely getting his number. But you'll probably get it too!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    He doesn't have a phone.

JZ1LW9x.gif
    PM to add
  • Options
    Are you saying that because you don't see one on him, or because that's what he told you? <Yikes! Awkward>

I still have hope about the phone. I mean, he doesn't visibly have pants, either, but I have faith that they're unfortunately there, too.

• Options
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    I'm not crazy about the event clothes at all. I am however, totally bananas over the throwback gift boxes. It really livened up my wardrobe. The real fun begins when I mix & match with items already in my wardrobe. Ok sure I ended up with a few duds like the heart & shamrock ring but I don't care. For the most part, I'm extremely happy with what I got....

28i3p60.jpg

You look great Zoy! Isn't it fun to have so many new things?!? I hope Glu does another Throwback event soon.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    My doll has gone a new direction thanks to the new tied tank top.

Do y'all have trouble finding shoes that really work with the pants? I usually use the gray booties but get tired of them.

IupvN1Y.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Luz, I did a body search on him, he doesn't, really.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Summary of how to earn Weekend Event Stars (July 24-26, 2015

3 hour gig = 12 stars (Plus 1 star from guest friend)
    8 hour gig = 20 stars (Plus 1 star from guest friend)

After "winning" 1 item (shoes) in Weekend Event Gift Boxes
    3 hour gig = 12 stars + 1 bonus star (Plus 2 stars from guest friend)
    8 hour gig = 20 stars + 1 bonus star (Plus 2 stars from guest friend)

After "winning" 2 items (shoes + top) in the Weekend Event Gift Boxes
    3 hour gig = 12 stars + 1 bonus star (Plus 2 stars from guest friend)
    8 hour gig = 20 stars + 2 bonus star (Plus 2 stars from guest friend)

After "winning" 3 items (shoes + top + pants) in the Weekend Event Gift Boxes
    3 hour gig = 12 stars + 4 bonus stars (Plus 2 stars from guest friend)
    8 hour gig = 20 stars + 10 bonus star (Plus 2 stars from guest friend)
    A few hours later....
    3 hour gig = 12 stars + 6 bonus stars (plus 2'stars from guest friend)
    Once I reached the skirt for 300 stars, my 3 hour gigs jumped to = 12 stars + 10 bonus stars (plus 2 stars from guest friend)

3 hour gig that is Part of my weekend storyline = 22 stars + 11 bonus stars (Plus 2 stars from guest friends)

I am not going to open 40K gift boxes to get the event sunglasses so I won't be able to relay how that item affects stars.

Summary of what I've won in this weekend event gift boxes
    (40K each box and I usually open 3 at a time)

First round of gift boxes = 100 energy and the Event Shoes
    Second round of gift boxes = $8,000 and the Event Top
    Third round = $4,000 and 50 energy and 40K stars
    Fourth round = Event Pants so I stopped at just one box
    Fifth round = $4,000 and 50 energy and 40 K stars. No special event items in remaining boxes

Feedback from DMV's Quest to Earn Event Pointa
    She did a 3 hr event at Tulip and had a VIP guest (Kris)

3 hour gig = 22 event point
    Invite a friend = 2 points
    4 Bonus items (3 gift boxes & 1 earned) = 11 bonus points
    Total = 35 event points
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »

You have all the fun! Alright then, Danielle and I will just have to hang out and bother him in person.

• Options
    Friendship is fickle. I seriously attempted to ignore Stellan's call, he's such a persistent one!

mjteJxn.jpg
    PM to add
  • Options
    Wow, that's so unlike him, so bishy!

Something else must be wrong. I think he's mad because the men's earner prize makes him look tres dorky after he worked so hard to get it...

• Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    Currently in Sydney ready to finish my Black Rabbit gig! Trying to rock the shirt I just won with my new glasses and heels!

CKwlD5IUEAAeW7_.jpg
  • Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Wow, that's so unlike him, so bishy!

Something else must be wrong. I think he's mad because the men's earner prize makes him look tres dorky after he worked so hard to get it...

I didn't know he was that petty. And sarcastic. We were at max friendship dude, how could you..

Ok he has to prove it, show a picture.

This is my first time experiencing a friend break up lol.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Yeah, Nai, he's definitely having some issues.

Here we are on the way to talk to someone about them.
    image.jpg1_zpsslaunv6b.jpg

This probably isn't the picture you meant, right? It may be tough to get him back into that prize, but I'll go try.

• Options
    And there we go. He's trying to drink this outfit away. He drunk-dialed you, that explains it. Sorry about that!
    image.jpg1_zpsqxqgdaj0.jpg

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    2nd event gig with Sly at the Black Rabbit

6 hour gig = 25 event points
    Invite a friend = 2 points
    5 Bonus items (3 gift boxes & 2 earned) = 17 bonus points

Total = 44 event points

12hr wait to the next event at JPN
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    Lol, you always make it sound like he looks bad but he doesn't!

But I'm not the forgiving kind. Try and guess what I kept in that big handbag.

WIS54uu.jpg
    PM to add
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »

Yeah but I know where he hides the phone. It's not on him...persay, but he's carrying it. lol
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    A certain baby <let's say it was Pilar, though not actually> kept me up all night, so my head's a little cloudy. Are you saying that the despised blue blazer and turtleneck are in your purse as a threat?

If not, sleepy me will require more explanation!

• Options
    Yeah but I know where he hides the phone. It's not on him...persay, but he's carrying it. lol

That sounds like the freaky Dan/Moe I'm anticipating. I really hope it's a seriously sleek-profile phone, though.

• Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    You look great Zoy! Isn't it fun to have so many new things?!? I hope Glu does another Throwback event soon.
    Totally! I really want the big holiday hair. I remember you saying that it's like having a Barbie doll but without all her new clothes strewn on the floor. I'll go one further & say that for adults, these virtual dolls are even better because they animate, have a photo booth, and have pets that are not only animate, but they give out Kcash, energy, and gold.

Sure, a child might prefer something tangible like holding an actual 11 inch doll, but as an adult, I like the idea of pulling out my device just to change my doll's clothes, hair, or makeup. And I also see this throwback gift box event as something unusually generous on Glu's part because I've dealt with a lot of gift boxes before & very rarely would I buy, let alone wear the things I've won. For instance, the atrocious long shaggy wig. But the throwback event means they actually do listen to us.

And at least with event clothes, the selection is better & versatile, minus the lame shamrock, green boa, and heart rings, of course.

Now if they can only keep their promise in changing my baby back to the way she was then I would be 100% satisfied with Glu.
    GC: Zoë Strange