Options

General Complaints Thread

Comments

• Options
    MarshybeansMarshybeans Registered Users 33 Posts
    What the. It's like being in the middle of a playground here...

Anyway, I'm getting a little annoyed with how long it takes to finish some event at the moment. The last 8hr for the weekend took me ages to complete!
    Does anybody find 6hr harder to finish then 8hr ones? Or is that just me?
    I just did an 1hr event and it took 37 energy. ***.
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I agree with everyone who posted their frustrations about giftboxes here. I used to buy stars frequently, but now I don't really see the point in it - it doesn't matter how much I'll buy, there's no gurantee that I'll get but single event item. It's all blind luck and you need to be VERY lucky to get anything nice on first or second or even third try.

Another thing that upsets me is that we don't get Thursday Teasers any more. I know they do not really matter since Weekend Events always begin at the same time, but having teasers was so nice and exciting. I miss them a lot.

Also: For several months I've been only getting 3 and 8 hour gigs. I do get 12 or 6 hour gigs occasionaly, but 1 hour gigs are long gone. I assume it's a matter of being at a high level (I'm currently at 37th). 1 hour gigs were golden during VIP Events. Oh, good ol' times...
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Oh I have ALWAYS found the 6hr gigs harder than the 8hr ones and it's really ironic.. You would think that the 6hr ones are easier to finish...
  • Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    My game is winding down to almost a complete stand-still. I have ONE storyline currently going. I used to have two, but I just finished the storyline about meeting three bachelors for Kris and trying to find her a date, and one that wrapped I got NO call or a new storyline. The only quest I have going now is the Lip sync battle with Willow. I still haven't met Mario and Jen, I haven't seen Jonathan beyond that first meeting where he didn't even say a word to me. People keep telling me to wait, I'll meet them eventually. Well I've been waiting. Only having one storyline going at a time is ridiculous and I've never heard of anyone else having this? I'll see what happens after the final Lip Sync battle gig, if I don't get a barrage of calls immediately following it I guess I have to contact Glu again....
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    I think that the problem here is that Glu knows that some players will cash out in hopes of getting all the items from boxes, and that's why I feel they made the gamble more difficult to win. I don't spend money on the game, yet I have gotten coveted event items which I don't consider to my taste [if there was a way to transfer those items to other players I would've done so since forever].

The community as a whole needs to stop buying big amounts of k-stars in order for Glu to change the box dynamics; however this is hard to achieve because, well, people will do with their money what they want at the end of the day and there's no way to stop them or tell them to spend their money on other things.

On another topic, I feel like the game is getting stale. I don't think they're putting effort into the storyline, or at least not as much effort as they used to, and this kind of makes things boring. I also feel like the new storylines are shorter in comparison with past updates [I might be wrong, but at least that's how I perceive it].
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    For several months I've been only getting 3 and 8 hour gigs. I do get 12 or 6 hour gigs occasionaly, but 1 hour gigs are long gone. I assume it's a matter of being at a high level (I'm currently at 37th). 1 hour gigs were golden during VIP Events. Oh, good ol' times...

I'm getting a little annoyed with how long it takes to finish some event at the moment. The last 8hr for the weekend took me ages to complete!
    Does anybody find 6hr harder to finish then 8hr ones? Or is that just me?
    I just did an 1hr event and it took 37 energy. ***.
    Adore that name, Marshybeans.

Oh I have ALWAYS found the 6hr gigs harder than the 8hr ones and it's really ironic.. You would think that the 6hr ones are easier to finish...

pandamoo85 wrote: »
    I play other games where having the "stars" or whatever currency they have is nice to speed things up or buy upgraded items, but I haven't spent a dime in the 5 months I've been playing it and the currency is easy enough to obtain through completing achievements. Like, seriously, we only get 1 K-Star every time we complete a rank of the achievements, despite how hard it is to get some of the higher level ones (like oh, here's 1 star for hitting 12k with your spouse???). I feel like Glu is just getting greedy, and with people caving and paying for stars so they can do these events, they don't have any reason to change. Until they stop getting $180k+ a day, they won't listen to our complaints.

The energy system and the harsh & random distribution of gig/date times is the reason I quit playing one game and am treading water with the 2nd. I don't play many games that still use the archaic energy model, but those that I've played that use it let you know in advance how much energy will be required for any given round, or gig in this case. To start a 3-hour or 6-hour gig and still not be able to complete after a full bar of energy and once "around the world" gathering energy is obscene to me. Not to know how much will still be needed after that is crazy. Once I leave a game (for lack of energy, boredom, or fatigue), I forget about it. Setting reminder timers helps, but not if I wish to turn in for the night.

And don't get me started on events that revolve around rewards for spending real cash (or premium currency mostly purchased with real moolah), lol.

I'd like to be able to choose how many hours are required for dates the way we do for parties and working in our shops. I'd like to know how much energy will be needed to complete any given gig before I start one. Until then, I'll keep refusing to begin 8 or 12-hour gigs and limp along as usual.
  • Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    My game is winding down to almost a complete stand-still. I have ONE storyline currently going. I used to have two, but I just finished the storyline about meeting three bachelors for Kris and trying to find her a date, and one that wrapped I got NO call or a new storyline. The only quest I have going now is the Lip sync battle with Willow. I still haven't met Mario and Jen, I haven't seen Jonathan beyond that first meeting where he didn't even say a word to me. People keep telling me to wait, I'll meet them eventually. Well I've been waiting. Only having one storyline going at a time is ridiculous and I've never heard of anyone else having this? I'll see what happens after the final Lip Sync battle gig, if I don't get a barrage of calls immediately following it I guess I have to contact Glu again....

Wow I wish I had these storylines! I feel like I've missed out on so many, do you need to be at a certain level to get storylines? Currently at level 30 and literally I get nothing all week and then just the weekend event. That's it so I do kinda switch off during the week. I've divorced my husband because he's too demanding and I'm not planning to date anyone because of the funless effort involved. I probably would quit the game but I've spent so much money on it and hope things will improve if I stick around.
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    Lyanna wrote: »

Wow I wish I had these storylines! I feel like I've missed out on so many, do you need to be at a certain level to get storylines? Currently at level 30 and literally I get nothing all week and then just the weekend event. That's it so I do kinda switch off during the week. I've divorced my husband because he's too demanding and I'm not planning to date anyone because of the funless effort involved. I probably would quit the game but I've spent so much money on it and hope things will improve if I stick around.

From what I've noticed, you need to complete certain quests to get to the next storyline. I remember that when the game was starting this didn't happen, the storylines would just pile up until you reached the last quest of the storyline. I don't know if they changed this, but I can only complete one storyline at a time, and the weekend events overlap with it but they don't affect the main storyline in any way.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    I'm starting to think Lisa is a robot.. I asked a question that was a yes or no question but I get the SAME response as last time. I really can't contain my anger because she is no help! IS there ANOTHER support agent BESIDES Lisa. She got on my last nerves so I asked her if she was a robot. If my game gets blocked I could care less because it's not my fault that you want to be an ignorant so called helper.
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I'm starting to think Lisa is a robot.. I asked a question that was a yes or no question but I get the SAME response as last time. I really can't contain my anger because she is no help! IS there ANOTHER support agent BESIDES Lisa. She got on my last nerves so I asked her if she was a robot. If my game gets blocked I could care less because it's not my fault that you want to be an ignorant so called helper.

OMG...That's who I always get too! She must be the only one who responded to tickets.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts

I never got a Lisa when I contacted customer support but it definitely seemed like I was talking to a robot as well. If you have trouble with your game I advise you pm kk:h_staff she is the one who helped me get all my exclusive clothing items back.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    Lyanna wrote: »

I'm on Level 32. Some storylines you get depending on your level, but I've seen people on lower levels than me get the Mario and Jen storylines, so that can't be it. I think there's just something wrong with my game but I'm too scared to restart because I don't want to lose my items :(
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok, just like we're not calling out members here, Lisa is real, and I think you can complain about any response you get from Glu, without taking shots at Lisa. She is a real live person, who deals with so many issues, she must be inundated at times. Her messages could be simply 'signed' Glu or Customer Care. I don't think she put her name and identity to our questions for pot shots. I know Glu is here at the forum, but imagine you're Lisa and you read things like this about yourself.. Put yourself in that pretty much thankless job, people always complaining. You want to help everyone, but it's overwhelming. If you didn't get a good response, help her help you. take her response, explain "You said this, but my situation is that" or "I took your advice but I'm still locked out of my gig" Pursue it, but treat her the way you'd like to be treated. If you're in a position to help someone, are you going to go the extra mile for the person who was insulting, or the person who was respectful? It's up to you if you want to insult her, but aren't we better people than that? That's all I'll say on the subject, you're all free to do what you want.

New rant - OMG, One game has very little star balance. The other two game decided to buy boxes, spent too much, but for once Apple P got all 4 items. I did however also end up with 3 4000$ Prizes cough cough ahem, right prizes in one run with the gift boxes. 120 Stars for 12000 K$. So yeah, I feel like I caved. But one game got 2 items, and the third got a stupid black pantsuit for the one box she earned. And she can't buy boxes, so how will she earn the boots?

Someone said maybe they listened and removed the 4000K$ boxes....um. No. That lovely Krappy prize is still very much available. :(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I came here to vent about opening up back to back $4,000 boxes. ARGH!!!! The third box was the fantastic silver necklace that I LOVE! But TWO $4,000 boxes!!!!!!!!??? Cry.....
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Ok, just like we're not calling out members here, Lisa is real, and I think you can complain about any response you get from Glu, without taking shots at Lisa. She is a real live person, who deals with so many issues, she must be inundated at times. Her messages could be simply 'signed' Glu or Customer Care. I don't think she put her name and identity to our questions for pot shots. I know Glu is here at the forum, but imagine you're Lisa and you read things like this about yourself.. Put yourself in that pretty much thankless job, people always complaining. You want to help everyone, but it's overwhelming. If you didn't get a good response, help her help you. take her response, explain "You said this, but my situation is that" or "I took your advice but I'm still locked out of my gig" Pursue it, but treat her the way you'd like to be treated. If you're in a position to help someone, are you going to go the extra mile for the person who was insulting, or the person who was respectful? It's up to you if you want to insult her, but aren't we better people than that? That's all I'll say on the subject, you're all free to do what you want.
    (

I don't agree with your argument. The hookah den is where we've been "told" to come and complain about the game and by natural extension, Glu. It should be a *safe* place where we can vent without being chastised for sharing what about the game/Glu is driving us crazy. If a specific customer service employee at Glu isn't very helpful and/or doesn't communicate well, that is something we should be able to vent about here in the Hookah Den.

If one of us was going to multiple threads and slamming on a specific employee, that would be wrong. If one of us was calling a specific employee ugly/vulgar names, that would be wrong. But if one of us comes to the Hookah Den and states that it seems like a specific employee is a robot because her responses do not relate to the question asked, this is the exact place where they should share that information.

By sharing her experiences with that specific employee, it provides the opportunity to find out if this behavior is typical of the employee or if it was an isolated incident which would indicate that perhaps the sender was the problem (not the employee). By sharing her experiences with that specific employee, it allows Glu to learn more about interacting with their customers.

While I'm sure the employee who was identified here won't be thrilled about it, this place is certainly more private than other online venues such as Yelp! and Yahoo/Google reviews were millions of employees find themselves named in customer reviews.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I just want to have fun with the game again, I'm frustrated.

I was the whole week with nothing to do with the game expecting the weekend event and again today I just disappointed when I opened my game, it's a horrible feeling it seems that our day starts already wrong!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Ok, just like we're not calling out members here, Lisa is real, and I think you can complain about any response you get from Glu, without taking shots at Lisa. She is a real live person, who deals with so many issues, she must be inundated at times. Her messages could be simply 'signed' Glu or Customer Care. I don't think she put her name and identity to our questions for pot shots. I know Glu is here at the forum, but imagine you're Lisa and you read things like this about yourself.. Put yourself in that pretty much thankless job, people always complaining. You want to help everyone, but it's overwhelming. If you didn't get a good response, help her help you. take her response, explain "You said this, but my situation is that" or "I took your advice but I'm still locked out of my gig" Pursue it, but treat her the way you'd like to be treated. If you're in a position to help someone, are you going to go the extra mile for the person who was insulting, or the person who was respectful? It's up to you if you want to insult her, but aren't we better people than that? That's all I'll say on the subject, you're all free to do what you want

I'm confused. I thought this was a place to vent, earlier in this thread it was stated that we should not defend glu because we are complaining about the problems we had with them. I thought you agreed to that?
    Thank you Holly for helping me out here, because I didn't do anything wrong. I simply complained in this thread and that was it. Should I not post my complaints here anymore? Should I just keep them to myself because I'm feeling quite restricted in this thread.

Anyways, basically in her response she that she's not a robot. And she finally answered my question, so that's that.
    Problem Solved: I guess but now I have a headache.
  • Options
    I never got a Lisa when I contacted customer support but it definitely seemed like I was talking to a robot as well. If you have trouble with your game I advise you pm kk:h_staff she is the one who helped me get all my exclusive clothing items back.
    Thanks, I will make sure to do that when I need help.
  • Options
    ok let me explain. I wanted to point out that while it's fine to hate on the game, I don't think someone just doing their job should be slammed. And I'll be honest, my approach of 'this poor guy who has one awful job' opens more doors for me. They know their job stinks, so a little understanding goes a long way. Imagine all the irate messages they have to face, and being called things a lot worse than a robot. :) That's how I feel, and as a caring human being, I'll slam celebrities with the best of them, but I treat 'real' people the way I want to be treated.

Of course you can rant and rave about the game and issues, but just not real people. Is it that difficult to say "I think Customer Care is on autopilot" "Glu's help is an automated series of emails and messages designed to go nowhere" ? That's all I meant.

Now- back to my rant
    It will be really interesting to see if the game that got no bonus items, can finish the event. My ipad got all 4 pieces (A first) my phone got 2 items. And my poorest of the games, my tablet got none. So far, Phone has the Dress, and Ipad is close behind. Tablet? Kiss those boots goodbye.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    And I went back and read the original post, and after I aired my view, I said "You're all free to do what you want." So it's clearly how I felt and I would putting it out there for someone to consider. Not a mandate.

And no Holly, you are not "Told" to post your complaints here, you can post them anywhere, but if be forewarned that if you post legitimate complaints in the middle of a Glu Love fest in the event thread people will come back with "Why are you bringing me down"

And yes, I've deleted comments that circumvented the censored words. Some words are fine, A$$, Krap, no problem. What I deleted doesn't fly. That's what was censored here this morning. Human caught what the forum didn't.

And here's my major complaint, to all dissident voices, if everytime I post something in here, you think it's a personal affront, get over it. You can complain, you can't break rules.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    There is someone else by the name of Yasamin who helps as well through in-game support. She is pretty helpful and if I do recall she explained the whole contact list debacle to me. Apparently there is a limit as to how many people you can have and whether or not the person disappears depends on the server. Now I have a blue star contact who I removed on facebook months ago yet they're in my list.

Lisa is a whole another story. So yes I would agree that she could be a "robot" or lacking reading skills. I cannot believe I could have messaged kk:h_staff on here about my purchases and exclusive items! If something happens I'll be sure to do that first because Lisa makes me want to pull my hair out. It shouldn't take more than three emails or messages to get a point across and I still remember how that wench caused me to lose my game progress. Still heated over that. I loved that VIP
    slickback style and the Kourtney like hair that was part of the baby event both items lost and not offered in the recent throwback event. Well, fingers crossed they'll pop up again.
  • Options
    Yes,I was actually hoping they'd the slicked back hair from the VIP event, in the throwback sale they had two weeks ago. (I think it was two weeks) But if they could put that hair in the wardrobe that would be great.
  • Options
    Yes,I was actually hoping they'd the slicked back hair from the VIP event, in the throwback sale they had two weeks ago. (I think it was two weeks) But if they could put that hair in the wardrobe that would be great.
    I want them to include all the hair in the throwback sales. Especially the shorter hair that was available two weeks ago that it feels like everyone won in a gift box except me :(
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    so many feel the need to micro-manage other people's feelings and expressions here. i'm surprised this is still open

guess we're all supposed to kumbaya while drinking the koolaid
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    9rknd3.gif

U know I love Evelyn Lozada!
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    9rknd3.gif

U know I love Evelyn Lozada!

lol same here
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    And I went back and read the original post, and after I aired my view, I said "You're all free to do what you want." So it's clearly how I felt and I would putting it out there for someone to consider. Not a mandate.

And no Holly, you are not "Told" to post your complaints here, you can post them anywhere, but if be forewarned that if you post legitimate complaints in the middle of a Glu Love fest in the event thread people will come back with "Why are you bringing me down"

And yes, I've deleted comments that circumvented the censored words. Some words are fine, A$$, Krap, no problem. What I deleted doesn't fly. That's what was censored here this morning. Human caught what the forum didn't.

And here's my major complaint, to all dissident voices, if everytime I post something in here, you think it's a personal affront, get over it. You can complain, you can't break rules.

I put the word told in quotation marks to indicate that it was an implication not a specific word. I would have used all caps or stars around told to indicate that it was a specific word. This thread's subject line specifically states that it's for "complaints and frustrations." On multiple occasions I have seen members tell other members to come to this thread to complain/vent/share their frustrations. I feel comfortable asserting that this thread is the "designated place" to complain. Members who are obeying the forum etiquette by coming to this thread to vent, should not be told they are doing it "wrong" unless they are abusive, threatening, or vulgar.

I do completely agree with you that members should not take it as a personal affront or attack if the Community Moderator points out the rules of the Forum or has to delete their post because it broke the rules. It is the same as a supervisor at your job telling you that you can't take an extra 15 minutes for your lunch break. You may be annoyed that your supervisor called you out on it but you shouldn't be angry at that individual on a personal level. Likewise, the Community Moderator must realize that members criticizing Glu and/or questioning why the Community Moderator has stated something regarding the Forum, is not a personal attack on the Moderator. That kind of compartmentalization is not always easy but it's an inherent part of a leadership role.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    You're right Holly. I am trying to stress there is a difference between criticizing Glu for so many things, and what was calling out a representative for doing their job. I have personally helped people get their point across till they got an answer. Complain effectively. Calling out someone who down the road is in a position to help you is a dopey thing to do.

And, yes, vent about the game and the OZ like entity of Glu. Not the person who will ultimately help you or not. As Sonny Coreleone said "This is Business, and you're taking it personal" except in this case, don't make it personal.

However, when anyone says they're told or instructed where to post a complaint i have to correct that. It's like smoking. If you don't want non complainers complaining to you, go to the smoking room. Cry in the beer, But, you can freely post anywhere you want, as long as it's not off topic or in the wrong section, or belongs with an existing thread.

Now, who thinks I was happy to open up 3 boxes, because I have a need for boots, to come up with 3 4000K$ boxes. That is just wrong. That would be my biggest complaint. If we're expected to buy boxes, don't put things worth less than 40Stars.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kkh.isabellagracekkh.isabellagrace Registered Users 108 Posts
    So, I'm taking a very deep breath before posting this.

This is my very first post in this thread, but right now my level of frustration is beyond the top.

I really, really have to complaint about the customer care, there are so many things wrong with that service. First, the apostrophes issue with the in game help messaging. You know how many time I wasted writing to Glu asking for help, the answer is A LOT. I also wrote emails that never resolved my problems, because, they seemed to be answer by a robot who keeps telling you the same things.

My last strategy for help was posting in KKH FAQ & Support. And "luckly" KK:H_Staff wrote a me a in box mesage (On 07-20-2015, 01:34 PM), she promise help and asked for my hollywood ID. I immediately sent my Hollywood ID and till this day I haven't got a single answer or a solution to my game problems.

Today, again, my gigs for Kylie's birthday weekend event are gone. I don't have them anymore. And you know what? I don't pretend to bother asking Glu for help again.

Because they don't help, they simply don't. Customer care is so unfair, some players recive a "thanks for playing" while others get totally ignore.

And I do understand that Glu is busy making more games, and everything. But, also, I do know that is game is something because of us. The ones who actually care about the game, the updates or spending our money.
    If this game haven't got success, Glu won't be signing with other artist to make this kind of game. Glu should be more conscious about the importance of having your public happy. A happy player is a loyal player.
  • Options
    Lgordon19Lgordon19 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Sweet! I bought a 40 Kstar gift box and I won a plaid shirt! I could really use one of those! Oh, wait...
    image.jpg1_zpsfukcr2s7.jpg

Of course, there are also the 15 other plaid shirts in my closet, not counting any of the ones in the image above, so maybe I'm all set, even if I don't win the one from this weekend's event!

I'm just glad I got my 40 Kstars' worth! Yeah. Not disgusted at all. Right.

Well, no matter what, at least I didn't already have an identical shirt, or one half a shade lighter, in my wardrobe already! Oh, wait...
    Stellan Eklund on GC: lgordon19
    Add me!