Options

Weekend Event 10/02 - "Fall" into a Party Mode < Birthday Party for October Babies!!!

Comments

• Options
    KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    I can't believe I won the hair on my first time! I didnt think I would win it but I did now off to get the dress! KKH_Screenshot_1443837971954_zpsl7wkzu0u.jpg
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Keia wrote: »
    I can't believe I won the hair on my first time! I didnt think I would win it but I did now off to get the dress!

WOW! Congrats Keia! I'm happy to hear some of you are getting the hair with just one try.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    We must be spirit sisters DMV because not only did I spend a ton of K stars (see my summary on p 12) but I totally plan on wearing those boots with that dress! As soon as I saw how the netting looked on the sleeves, I thought of those boots!

I'm about 290 points away from the Rose dress but I will get there.

We are lol... You'll get there sooner than later especially if ur doing the event gigs.

I kinda wish I didn't finish so fast bcuz its cold, windy and rainy here so I'll be in the house most of the weekend.
    I can't believe I won the hair on my first time! I didnt think I would win it but I did now off to get the dress!

Congrats Keia! I wish I was that lucky :)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I can't believe I won the hair on my first time! I didnt think I would win it but I did now off to get the dress! KKH_Screenshot_1443837971954_zpsl7wkzu0u.jpg
    Congrats! I didn't even see that hairstyle inside of the freebie weekend event gift box.😕
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I spent way tooooo many K Stars today. So many boxes...so much energy.

PhotoGrid_1443837517425_zpsg8oefav8.jpg

I'm not a fan of the netted gladiator sandals but I loved the way you styled it on your doll with the rose dress DMV! I haven't seen it styled before but that's the best that I've seen so far.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    We are lol... You'll get there sooner than later especially if ur doing the event gigs.

I kinda wish I didn't finish so fast bcuz its cold, windy and rainy here so I'll be in the house most of the weekend.

Congrats Keia! I wish I was that lucky :)

Yes congrats! I wish I could be that lucky as well. Chased the hair and never even saw it in the gift boxes. Not one set. So that's going to be the last time I purchase k stars until there can be some kind of redeeming quality to this crazy gift box gamble.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    Eselletea wrote: »
    Chased the hair and never even saw it in the gift boxes. Not one set. So that's going to be the last time I purchase k stars until there can be some kind of redeeming quality to this crazy gift box gamble.

Ugh... I'm sorry to hear you never even had a chance to win it. I didn't have the hair in any box until the 4th set of boxes. My third set of boxes only had Kash and Energy which totally stinks as I was still searching for the dress and the hair.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Hey Holly, we're hair twins! Let's go luxuriate on my yacht, the hair blowing <or turning into shredded wheat?> in the breeze...
    image_zpsytvz5mia.png

Thanks for the invitation to spend time on your yacht! I hope you have jet skis and a great chef. I'd love a relaxing weekend on the water.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Tephie88 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the pets taking longer to give rewards? It seems like it refreshes every 3 hours or so but its been 4 hours since I clicked on them last and I still have not received anything??

I was hoping that I was nuts but I feel the same way. Anybody know if the pets are taking longer to refresh?

Also... WELCOME to the Forum Tephie!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Wow thanks Holly for the detailed break down of all your boxes.

So in total you spent 840 - 200 = 640 KStars. I once spent half the amount and not get the hair and I was already super upset, I can only imagine the frustration you felt.

The thing which holds me back from spending a lot on this game is the value, the worth. For 130 bucks, I can get the largest pack in another game I play and probably use it for 1 month. And that means getting new content daily. I don't always yearn for all the new content, so it can sometimes hold off for 2 months. I have heavily invested in that game. Here in KKH, 130 bucks gives me 1250 KStars which if I were in Holly's shoes, I'll be losing half of it in a single day. How much can my 130 bucks get from this game, I'll bet it doesn't even sustain 1 month. But, with that said, I am willing to give it a shot and see how long the largest pack lasts me.

I don't play any other online games so I don't have to wrestle with the decision of which game should I spend my money on each month. However, I completely agree with your logic! If $130 gets you an entire months worth of great stuff then that is by far the better place to spend it. That you get new content in that game every day is totally awesome.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Good news, no cash in the prize boxes.
    OK news I got the shoes and energy which helps.
    Bad news never saw the hair nor the dress.

I may try one more time on Sunday just for snots & giggles. I guess it'll all depend on how many Kvideos I can get.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, just got the shoes myself. Congrats on those who did get the hair, you all look lovely!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Pets have always refreshed every 4 hours.
    iOS
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Welp look at all that cash...
    atkpd4.png

At least I get the chance to open one last box...
  • Options
    Well I bought the 460 k star pack and spent them all plus the 200 something I already had trying to win the hair. It was in the VERY LAST box I opened. I got all the other weekend box items as well. Also got a bunch of kash, 3x 50 energy, 4x 40 k stars, some ugly daily gift box handbags, and the coral halter dress. All the energy really helped me churn out parties, with a 3 hour party in Calabasas giving a total of 48 event stars since I have all the gift box items, and the 7 guests give 3 stars each. I should be finished getting the earner items with 2 more parties.

Here is my doll Ali with NPC hubby Noah Fisher and our daughter Sara. I wish they would add a photo booth option for having both babies at once! David is still in the nursery with the nanny.

11224372_1703525553212503_37246982024202610_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=8c36edc74e45d09f9bef47e1369c892a&oe=568C0C4E
    iOS
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I'm not a fan of the netted gladiator sandals but I loved the way you styled it on your doll with the rose dress DMV! I haven't seen it styled before but that's the best that I've seen so far.

Awwwww thanks Carol 😆
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    I'm missing the event gigs for some reason on my iPad. I know I got the first call from Maria and had to wait to start it. Now this morning it is gone from my task list.
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    I really like this weekend's Paris fashion show event. Each gig gave me 25 stars (+10 bonus stars) so far.

The earner hair is awesome. I've opened 3 boxes but just got the nude shoes, a black bra top and 4000 kash :/ At least I like the shoes.

Btw, hi guys. I've been reading the weekend event treads for the past weeks but this is my first post.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Eselletea wrote: »
    I'm missing the event gigs for some reason on my iPad. I know I got the first call from Maria and had to wait to start it. Now this morning it is gone from my task list.

Can you check Femme at Paris? That's where the first gig is at.

Sometimes while tapping for energy, I see a location where I have a gig at but it doesn't show on my goals tab too. Hope its the case for you, so at least you get the event stars.

Welcome Kateliciously :o Will you be going for the hair?
    PM to add
  • Options
    Femme is locked. So awesome. I guess I'll just have to do parties to finish since I don't have the option to do the gigs. The extra event points would have been nice. /frustrated
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Welcome Kateliciously :o Will you be going for the hair?

Thank you. :)

I love the hair but since I've already spent all my k stars on the other boxes, I can't. I already regret openening 2 boxes additionally to the free box. 😁 I got the nude shoes in my free box and should have stopped there. 😅
  • Options
    Clara_UKClara_UK Banned Users 27 Posts
    Oh my gosh. I went haywire on the gift boxes! I started at 600 k-stars and now I'm down to 9.. I got the dress, bag, and shoes I was SO close to getting the hair..
  • Options
    Clara_UK wrote: »
    Oh my gosh. I went haywire on the gift boxes! I started at 600 k-stars and now I'm down to 9.. I got the dress, bag, and shoes I was SO close to getting the hair..

I wish that hairstyle was replaced with the beige purse instead so that the hairstyle could be earn able.😐
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Clara_UKClara_UK Banned Users 27 Posts
    Here's my doll with her outfit.
    image_zpsi74inywo.jpeg
    And I agree Carol, if only..
  • Options
    This was definitely the most K Stars I've spent on a weekend event. The last time I had such difficulty getting the new hairstyle was the half top bun/ half bob look. I got so angry after a grouping of all Kash and Energy boxes that I gave up. I wasn't going to chase after a hairstyle that I wasn't sure I even liked. The anger/frustration really stayed with me because I felt like I had wasted so many stars and never got the item I wanted. I don't understand why Glu doesn't realize how destructive that is for customer morale.

I don't think I'm an unreasonable person. Truthfully I only get angry if I open boxes whose value is less than 40 K stars. This is the hated $4,000 Kash and ho hum items from the daily gift boxes (like the sports bra and plain pumps). If I open the 50 energy, I don't love it but i can accept it. While I have never just bought energy before, I know they charge 40 k stars for 50 energy so I can accept the "value" and the extra energy usually helps me in my quest to get the earner items. If I open the 40 K star coin, that's an even trade. If I open daily gift box items that would cost 40 K stars and up, I can accept it. Sure I would love them in a free daily gift box but I'm usually happy to receive the item, especially if it's nice enough to be *worth* 40 K stars (like the new halter dresses). Of course we all want the weekend event items but I understand why they aren't in every box, it's a game of chance. I just get angry when Glu stacks the deck so steeply that its insulting.
    I don't play any other online games so I don't have to wrestle with the decision of which game should I spend my money on each month. However, I completely agree with your logic! If $130 gets you an entire months worth of great stuff then that is by far the better place to spend it. That you get new content in that game every day is totally awesome.

Agree with your first post, don't understand how the $4k petition didn't help at all. We're seeing more than ever $4k boxes. They should have program the gift boxes in such a way that there'll be at least 1 or 2 event items in there, there's a lot of people posting pictures of their gift boxes showing all Kash and energy which is crazy!

I feel like Glu is a little too greedy for the amount of content they're giving. That's why I love my other games slightly more than KKH. I believe KKH is the only game being so expensive to play out of many many games I once played.
    PM to add
  • Options
    I will be aiming for the purse so I'm gonna be grinding all weekend long.

v2sefr.png

[video=youtube_share;TjWAWcx4xdE] http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TjWAWcx4xdE[/video]
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Hey dolls

Here is my weekend story.. Alyssa is sharpening herself with every new weekend, learning to be reasonable...

Well it all started when she crossed Kris in Malibu on Friday. She told her she was just having a quick coffee with Caitlyn, after Kris taped a sequel with her for the 11th season of their show.. She looked well moisturized and radiant, even though she shed some tears in front of Cait...
    91mg41.jpg

She told me to see Kim at home as she cannot really move these days... She put on her best outfit and extensions. When she saw Kim she was in love with her all bright style... She wanted to dress like her. However, Kim said that this weekend is no exception, she is not going to get things easily..

2lasnwn.jpg

So Alyssa started to party and try to be trendy. She even put her Anna Dello Russo outfit to welcome her real NPC guests, but she never get a good outfit from her parties...

2ex6nf6.jpg

Then her lovely husband Jamal came to shake her a little. He told her that she just levelled up to level 36 and she can now get the beige jumpsuit.. That is the new item for her and even though she doesnt spend the hair for the boxes... Who cares as the hair of this weekend will be out of the trends next week or in another update by some new ones... She said that she was right to choose a clever husband and they took off to Paris.. She will get the Dolce dress and that will be fun... But no silly spending for her anymore..
    Happy weekend everyone!

2q3nrsm.jpg
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts

I feel like Glu is a little too greedy for the amount of content they're giving. That's why I love my other games slightly more than KKH. I believe KKH is the only game being so expensive to play out of many many games I once played.

This is what bothers me too... it's not that I sometimes have to pay a bit, it's that they're being blatantly greedy and trolling people hard to get them to spend money. It honestly makes me uncomfortable, and I've quit multiple times because of it. And will probably soon be done for good... it's like Glu is one of those scammy salesmen that makes you buy a useless product and then you feel dirty afterwards.
  • Options
    Finished!
    12107273_1703605143204544_8476273278559061584_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=c015eeeacc5d9d5190bcf8fe1b0b7ca3&oe=568DB787
    iOS
  • Options
    Clara_UK wrote: »

Welcome to the forum Clara! I'm really sorry that you didn't win the hair. I know what it feels like to spend so many K stars and still be disappointed. I'm glad that you did get the other three items. Plus hopefully you will earn the Rose dress!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Thank you. :)

I love the hair but since I've already spent all my k stars on the other boxes, I can't. I already regret openening 2 boxes additionally to the free box. &#55357;&#56833; I got the nude shoes in my free box and should have stopped there. &#55357;&#56837;

Aw, that happens. But I hope you get to the rose dress!
    PM to add
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.