Options

Weekend Event 11/26/15 ~ Black Friday 2015 Lollopalooza Extravaganza.

Comments

• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    This is definitely my gift to myself too. I've held off on several items because I wanted the sale price! It's a lot of fun to add them to my wardrobe.
    I'm not buying everything because I think some things aren't worth it, even at 50% off. I'm also passing on items that I know Dixie will never ever wear.

I'm disappointed the baby's wardrobe isn't on sale too. Those hairstyles are sooooo expensive that the only way I'm buying them is on sale.

Me too! I'm only buying certain items for my doll that fits my doll's style. I'm disappointed that everything isn't for sale either. Ugh!
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Guys, I just did the first gig of the event and is one of those loooooooooong 6 hours gigs.

The game opened a window for me to not have to complete the next gigs since we need to meet a NPC before the next timer is triggered, so I don't wanna waste my time with unnecessary gigs to in the end there won't have any special prize.

If someone goes ahead with those gigs please let us know if there is something in the end!
    Second that. I really don't want to do those awful 6 hour gigs and get nothing in the end :/
  • Options
    QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    There isn't any reward for completing the gigs. Also your choices don't matter the outcome is the same.
    Sophie
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I did two of the 6 hour Kourtney gigs. Both seemed to take a lot of energy bolts. For instance I had more than 100 energy bolts and after the second 6 hour Kourtney gig I had zero bolts.

I don't know how many there are but I will see after the next one. I have another one coming up.

Edited to add: OK thank you. Queen has answered this already :) So, I will just take my time with the other gigs, then.
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    The meat in the first picture :p

I'm a meat person!

Ah, okay!

Then, have some ham too...we always had a lot of choices at my family table for the holidays!

nLG2UMB.png
  • Options
    There isn't any reward for completing the gigs. Also your choices don't matter the outcome is the same.

Thank you <3 I guess I won't do more than the first one then xD
  • Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Then, have some ham too...we always had a lot of choices at my family table for the holidays!

nLG2UMB.png
    You made all of the food? The pictures look so nice that I thought they were from some food blog xD

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Germany. So no special food for me. :/
  • Options
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    You made all of the food? The pictures look so nice that I thought they were from some food blog xD

I love the fact that the forums is so diverse. What holidays do you celebrate in your country then? I'm always interested to learn about different cultures.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    I love the fact that the forums is so diverse. What holidays do you celebrate in your country then? I'm always interested to learn about different cultures.
    Our biggest holidays are Christmas (we celebrate on Christmas Eve and get presents), New Years Eve, Easter and that's it basically.
    On a smaller scale many people celebrate the Oktoberfest, St martins day (kids go around singing with their lanterns) and a few others.
    In some parts of Germany we celebrate carnival (pre-lent) where there are processions with lots of people dressed up in costumes throwing sweets from huge decorated cars. If I find a picture I'll add it.

Edit: here's a picture:
    3258052545.jpg
  • Options
    LckynickiLckynicki Registered Users 105 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Ah, okay!

nLG2UMB.png

My hungry mode went to 100 now :(
    Piglet: “How do you spell love?”
    Pooh: “You don’t spell it, you feel it.”
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts

When we lived in Germany my Mom would host a huge Thanksgiving meal and invite our neighbors and even our landlord. They really seemed to enjoy participating in our annual tradition of giving thanks plus, you know, the FOOD. My Mom is an amazing cook.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options

Ah no, not really ;) Here, we 'borrow'...

As for the food - it's a great holiday because it's about spending time with the ones we love and eating a lot of good stuff...it's a healthier meal than most usually eat, actually. So many people now eat convenience foods. This one is protein and veggies mostly.

You're welcome to double up on anything that looks tasty, and have some drinks too. :)

And Lckynicki also - have a few slices of ham ;) There is plenty for everybody, dig in everyone.

As for German holidays - I have seen videos of your Christmas markets and they are soooo beautiful. Also you have The Krampus, which we do not have in the USA (but I think there will be a movie about it this year.) Maybe you can tell us more about the Krampus sometime.

Today it's mostly about the fall harvest. The pilgrims celebrated being safe and having an alliance with a local tribe. The pilgrims had starved and had lost half the number they traveled with, the first winter. From 102 passengers to about 50. So they were extra thankful to be warm and have food and friends. Abraham Lincoln made it an official holiday in the USA, partly to celebrate the end of the US Civil War.
  • Options
    IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    I was hoping the baby items were included in the sale. I wanted to buy my daughter a new hairstyle.
  • Options
    Yes, our Christmas markets are awesome! I think I'll go next week. :)

There will be a movie about it? We call him Knecht Ruprecht. They tell kids that when they've been naughty, he'll come with a Raute (something like a whip made of lots of sticks). ;)

Do you also celebrate St Nicholaus in the US?
  • Options

There will be a movie about it? We call him Knecht Ruprecht. They tell kids that when they've been naughty, he'll come with a Raute (something like a whip made of lots of sticks). ;)

No I never heard of that holiday in the US before. There's St. Patrick's day celebration in the US. I usually watch the St. Patrick's day parade when it's televised live.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    I was hoping the baby items were included in the sale. I wanted to buy my daughter a new hairstyle.

Yep I'm disappointed that everything isn't for sale smh
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    No I never heard of that holiday in the US before. There's St. Patrick's day celebration in the US. I usually watch the St. Patrick's day parade when it's televised live.

I always thought that that was an Irish Holiday but then I saw them all getting drunk on HIMYM xD

St Nicholaus Day is on the 6th of december. Kids put their shoes in front of their rooms and st Nicholaus Outs candyand small presents in them. :)
  • Options

No, we don't celebrate St Nicholaus here in the US. Some people call Santa Claus "St Nick" but they don't know about St Nicholaus and December 6th.

I miss the Christmas markets! Our favorite was the one in Nürnburg but even the smaller markets are special. We have a lot of holiday decorations from Germany that we treasure. I don't know the name of this but we have one that my parents bought in Nürnburg in the early 70s.

81317A43-1DD7-4E8B-A5D1-D4A10C3C8880_zpshstpjehg.png
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Bought my hair and got the thing I wanted most from this weekend:

bfgb_zps0q49twsn.png

I still have 45 or so kstars to decide on more half off clothing but nothing is firm on a purchase just yet ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    The bad -- Have y'all noticed that gigs are taking more energy than usual? It cost me over 50 energy for just a 3 hour photo shoot.

The good -- The 50% off k star items in the wardrobe applies to gifting too! I just sent Sue the black lace shirt and it only cost me 12 k stars.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    No, we don't celebrate St Nicholaus here in the US. Some people call Santa Claus "St Nick" but they don't know about St Nicholaus and December 6th.

I miss the Christmas markets! Our favorite was the one in Nürnburg but even the smaller markets are special. We have a lot of holiday decorations from Germany that we treasure. I don't know the name of this but we have one that my parents bought in Nürnburg in the early 70s.

81317A43-1DD7-4E8B-A5D1-D4A10C3C8880_zpshstpjehg.png

Oh, I love those. They are called Weihnachtspyramiden. On some Christmas Markets you can even see some of the size of a 2 story building. :)
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Omgggg, I just spent so many k-stars!

Really bummed that there are no decorations. :(
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    Omgggg, I just spent so many k-stars!

Really bummed that there are no decorations. :(

I agree! I don't understand why there aren't cornucopias, turkeys, etc
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    I always thought that that was an Irish Holiday but then I saw them all getting drunk on HIMYM xD

St Nicholaus Day is on the 6th of december. Kids put their shoes in front of their rooms and st Nicholaus Outs candyand small presents in them. :)

I personally don't celebrate that holiday but a lot of Irish people do celebrate St. Patrick's day.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options

Yes, I think the Krampus movie is called The Krampus...I will see if I can find something about it, in a bit...We don't have Krampus but we tell kids "Santa sees if you are naughty or nice," and naughty kids might get a twig or a piece of coal. (Of course, kids work to be extra good so this doesn't happen.)

St Nicholas Day, not in itself, but we call Santa "Saint Nick" sometimes. And we have stockings on the fireplace (or anywhere similar), with each person's name on it. The little candies and little gifts go in those. Those usually are filled on Christmas Eve. Each family seems to differ a bit on when they get into the stockings or open the wrapped gifts. Some open one gift on Christmas Eve; some open all on Christmas Eve; others wait til Christmas. I even knew a family who shopped the after Christmas sales and had their gifts on New Year's Eve, for economic reasons. But it became their own tradition they enjoyed and preferred.

Mardi Gras - is like your carnival. It is immediately prior to Lent. It is celebrated mainly in New Orleans, Louisiana.

I like those little windmills with the candles and angels, too...they sell those in the U.S. although I'm sure, they are not as good as the ones from Europe. Just because those are the originals. Then again many of us came from Europe originally ;)

I have not been to Germany but have ancestors from it and so maybe some day I can go there.

Oh and yes St Patrick's Day is an Irish holiday, it celebrates their St Patrick, so the symbols are green (for Ireland), the shamrock (as he is associated with it to explain the Holy Trinity), and for some reason, lots of beer...Lol. There are many many Irish descendants in the USA, so a lot of our traditions are from immigrants who wanted to hold onto their own traditions.

In Chicago there are many Irish Americans, so every March 17, they turn their river green for a day :)

Hmm, I hope that has me caught up!

We are obviously all getting in the holiday mood!
  • Options
    Here is a trailer for the Krampus movie. Opens 4 December. Good cast! It's not a cheapie movie. It's a little bit scary so don't click if you don't like scary things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6cVyoMH4QE
  • Options
    Yeah, too bad there aren't any decorations this year, Holly and Coco.

Polka, I'll check out the trailer tomorrow. My Internet connection is way too bad to watch anything at the moment. Even took me like a minute to load this page. ;)

Those Christmas Windmills really are awesome. The heat of the candles makes the upper part rotate. :)

I've seen them turn the river on St Patrick's day a few times on TV. They really take their holiday serious.

I think it's awesome that so many cultures coexist in th US and that you get the best from each one.

When I went to boarding school in England there where some christmas markets which were super popular. They evens sold German food and things there. I bet there are even some in the US. Too be honest I loved going to the Christmas Market when I was younger. I always begged my parents to let me ice skate and buy me cotton candy,gingerbread hearts and all that stuff xD now I'm not really that excited about them anymore. I love going for some Christmas punch (without alcohol) but I rather spend Advent at home baking lots of cookies and watching christmas movies. :)
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts

Thank you so much you save the day (or weekend)!

I don't even know why they bother to make gigs for VIP events ... they always get in the way instead of helping. For the first time I'll let it go and don't do these gigs.

I ended up today that stupid storyline 'Novia something', even though they have already hinted a sequel I hope it doesn't happen ...

Now I had to put my beloved Alvin Greene on ice until the end of the event for me to have a clear path to do just 3 hours gigs, but I'm anxious to know what will happen to the Enoria kingdom at ToC Part 4 ... this will have to wait, while it every time I enter the Brew Palms ... awwww Alvin are are still here waiting for me <3
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I think it's awesome that so many cultures coexist in th US and that you get the best from each one.

Thank you. One of our best attributes, I agree.
    I love going for some Christmas punch (without alcohol) but I rather spend Advent at home baking lots of cookies and watching christmas movies. :)

Oh I love to do that also...baking cookies. Watching Christmas movies. Sigh.

Sorry I guess I'm not talking about the event too much...but it was over with fairly quickly for me, and now that the Kourtney gigs are nothing special just another gig...meh. Black Friday is the official start of the Christmas season in the USA anyway.