Options

Weekend Event 11/26/15 ~ Black Friday 2015 Lollopalooza Extravaganza.

Comments

• Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Carol: Yeah it's nice to see a much wider array of choice in Barbie land. They also started to give Barbie a career. I think she was a model at first. Not sure.

I keep looking at that 20 K star hairdo too. I need to stop though. Lol

I did get the pink and teal hair because I did not even know all this time (or forgot a long time ago) that they were available or we had to buy them. Since they were only 5 K stars each for now I got both those colors. Never know. Maybe with the mermaid gown.

I tried collecting some things but a lot of it got given away when I moved - not by me, by someone who didn't realize what those were worth!

I had some collectible Barbies too but gave them to a toy drive one year. Still in boxes.
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I am absolutely in love with this new short hairstyle.

D9753133-AFB8-4CC5-A92A-C22C260A46D1_zpshbcet3lz.png

I call it the Elvis hair. Love it too.
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    I call it the Elvis hair. Love it too.

LOL... That works. Someone else pegged it the "Sharon Stone" hair and I really agree.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Oh yes Dot, those little kids!! I know I had only 1 or 2 guys and... yeah the girls always fought for them, in my barbie world. I know right, I also colored one of my doll's skin to represent one of my best friend. Wait, what? You got in trouble?

I just remembered something similar between barbie dolls and KKH, their feet. Always in tip toe position. But it was so much fun wearing all the shoes.

I've heard of the coloring book called Secret Garden, rather popular. I loved coloring.

See, we really must be sisters by another mister. Lol. I don't think I have run across anyone else who did that with their doll.

Yes, I was in trouble for a while. To the adults' mind I recklessly ruined a doll...not sure if I explained to them why or was able to verbalize, but I don't remember. I just know I got a lot of 'talking to' and sitting down doing nothing. And told I couldn't have any more Barbies, and then only the store brand cheapo kind...and then that broke so easily they finally relented, because the cheapie was a waste of good money, too.

Yes the Barbies walked on tiptoe, kind of weird!
  • Options
    I never marked on my Barbies but when I was about 5, I used permanent blue marker to give all my baby dolls a bindi. My Mom was furious.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    I'm impressed, that you knew what a Bindi was at age 5. (I'm not sure how old I was when I knew that word or what it was.)

That's funny though. Lol Our poor hard working parents...
  • Options
    I'm impressed, that you knew what a Bindi was at age 5. (I'm not sure how old I was when I knew that word or what it was.)

That's funny though. Lol Our poor hard working parents...

I must have seen it on TV some how. I didn't know the name back then. I just thought it was so pretty to have a colorful "dot" on your forehead.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    It is!

Maybe the game can add one of those for our dolls.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    It is!

Maybe the game can add one of those for our dolls.

I would love that too!

I know that added it for K&K game.
    PM to add
  • Options
    I would love that too!

I know that added it for K&K game.

Is the Kendall and Kylie game out yet?
  • Options
    Is the Kendall and Kylie game out yet?

Only in Singapore for now. I'm playing it. But Trevor said there's a way to play it even if you're not in Singapore, check out the link.

Thee's spoilers, so don't click if you want the surprise.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?126367-Kendall-and-Kylie-coming-soon!-!!&p=415655&viewfull=1#post415655
    PM to add
  • Options
    Nai - Is it possible to play without spending a fortune of real money? Do they have a way to earn "k stars."?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Nai - Is it possible to play without spending a fortune of real money? Do they have a way to earn "k stars."?

So far I've accumulated 140 K-Gems and all the hairstyles cost between 250-1050 K-Gems lol. The nicest clothing items cost 500-1000 K-Gems. There are some nice clothing for cash but I can't afford them yet. Changing your nail shape costs 99 K-gems.

I'm still starting out, so I can't say for sure. I'll be playing without spending any money first, see where that takes me.

They do have video ads for K-Gem.
    PM to add
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    I'm so mad at myself. Instead of buying some nice jewellery for me doll and the awesome new white dress or the red turtleneck dress, I've decided to spend my last K stars on chasing the Sharon Stone hair. Sadly I got no hair in my boxes...just energy. At least better than Kash but Urrrgh :/
  • Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    I'm so mad at myself. Instead of buying some nice jewellery for me doll and the awesome new white dress or the red turtleneck dress, I've decided to spend my last K stars on chasing the Sharon Stone hair. Sadly I got no hair in my boxes...just energy. At least better than Kash but Urrrgh :/

That's sucks. Well being that we are getting Kstars for every gig I hope that those energy bolts helped you complete more gigs allowing you to receive Kstars :)
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    I do have a suggestion for everyone... If it hasn't been mentioned before. Specially for those who buy a lot of boxes. I feel the more wardrobe items we have, the less likely we are to have them in our gift boxes.

For example, twice on my male game on a special weekend event I received the guys flip flops. I could have easily purchased those for 6500. So that was extremely infuriating when you are hoping and looking forward to getting a weekend item. And specially if it's something you can purchase with Kcash. So, after that happened twice on special event gift boxes for my male game, I decided that although I didn't like them I bought the other 2 color flip flops. So now I now, I won't be receiving that item. The same for my female game. I thought that sports clothes they had was expensive and to be honest I didn't like it either. But as soon as a was able to I purchased everything that was available on Kcash.

And for us girls, I know how much we LOOOOOVEEE that labia shirt (lol) I have 2, and I still have 2 available... Well even though I don't like them, if I buy them my chances of getting real weekend event items might be higher. This is just an observation/ suggestion.

What do you guys think?
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    Minne, I also thought about that and it's true! Especially now when Black Friday sale is on, I'm taking my chances to grab up as many items!
    PM to add
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hi Minne, great to see you again! You were missed!

Yep, I did that too! Bought all those useless flip flops for the greater good!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Hey Vats ;) thank you!!

Nai and Vats I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this :) but I think we have all been there when we are expecting and awesome gift box only to be let down by something we could have bought. And specially true the the Kcash items.
    GC Minne622
  • Options

I went to your wardrobe to send you some gifts but it shows that you've received everything that is giftable. Sorry.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    I just purchased a bit over 500KStars worth of items, I still have a ton more I will be purchasing but I just wanted to open my gift box to get that awesome hair. Got energy in my free box, opened another and I got the hair! I wanted to open a 3rd box but I didn't, turned out it was the yellow pants. This is probably the first time I've felt so so so lucky! My set had all the items too.

WXSCC41.jpg

I'm not sure if I should continue opening more for the items, they do look nice but I'm not really dying for them especially when there's Black Friday Sale now. However, the hoops do interest me. Can someone style the hoops in some different looks please?
    PM to add
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I have missed so much here. Between Buying lots of stuff (I'm thrilled the sale on stars continues. I can get a few more cards while I'm out tomorrow.. And Thanksgiving is still going on in Kasa del Kokonut. I bought soooooooooooooooooo many things. THen I put on an outfit, and as I'm changing, I find another item I must have. I went Bat Krap Kray Kray in the Lieber Purses. OMG. I even bought some by mistake. Then I found I loved it. And shoes. i keep going back and buying shoes, even if it only for one outfit. I'll be back with fun and stuff, but let me leave you with this, One of my favorite times of year. This song basically tells about a year of flirtation, and timing being off. Ok, so sound up please. Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

I almost posted Spice Girls doing it, but.........gotta love the raw sax with the Waitress. Anyone else already decorating for Christmas? Show me yours I'll show you mine. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    I have missed so much here. Between Buying lots of stuff (I'm thrilled the sale on stars continues. I can get a few more cards while I'm out tomorrow.. And Thanksgiving is still going on in Kasa del Kokonut. I bought soooooooooooooooooo many things. THen I put on an outfit, and as I'm changing, I find another item I must have. I went Bat Krap Kray Kray in the Lieber Purses. OMG. I even bought some by mistake. Then I found I loved it. And shoes. i keep going back and buying shoes, even if it only for one outfit. I'll be back with fun and stuff, but let me leave you with this, One of my favorite times of year. This song basically tells about a year of flirtation, and timing being off. Ok, so sound up please. Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

I almost posted Spice Girls doing it, but.........gotta love the raw sax with the Waitress. Anyone else already decorating for Christmas? Show me yours I'll show you mine. lol.

Whaaaat, the sale on stars continues? For how long? :D
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • Options
    Katinkae wrote: »
    Whaaaat, the sale on stars continues? For how long? :D

According to the clock in the star shop, there's 30 more hours on the K star sale.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    But the pop up has a countdown timer that is ending in 6 hours.

I'm confused.
    PM to add
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    I went to your wardrobe to send you some gifts but it shows that you've received everything that is giftable. Sorry.

Thanks anyway. You're such a babe Holly. Yeah, too bad that KKH doesn't have more gittable items. For example I've meant to gift you something for ages now but you have all items. Even immediately after the last update with the gifts lie pants you already had them in your closet when I wanted to gift them to you. ;D

Nai, I think e timer is for the whole event.the K star sale ends one day later.:) So happy that you got the hair. I'm not on my iPhone at the moment but I'm a bit underwhelmed with the black hoops. :/
  • Options
    '
    I'm not sure if I should continue opening more for the items, they do look nice but I'm not really dying for them especially when there's Black Friday Sale now. However, the hoops do interest me. Can someone style the hoops in some different looks please?

Here's eight different hairstyles with the black hoops.

4E706829-8979-4A40-8F22-65EBE7444CA0_zpsp3wvyp4h.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    But the pop up has a countdown timer that is ending in 6 hours.

I'm confused.

It is confusing because the Weekend Event has a different timetable than the K Star sale AND the 50% off wardrobe sale. The Weekend Event (gift boxes and VIP earning) ends tonight. The k star sale and wardrobe sale have another full day.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Thanks anyway. You're such a babe Holly. Yeah, too bad that KKH doesn't have more gittable items. For example I've meant to gift you something for ages now but you have all items. Even immediately after the last update with the gifts lie pants you already had them in your closet when I wanted to gift them to you. ;D

I didn't realize that Glu made something giftable in the last update. It's been soooo long since they've added new giftablea that it never even occurred to me. I'll pay attention in the future.
    I really hope they will add giftables regularly. It's so fun to gift!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    I think when people go up a level it opens new things to be gifted too but I don't know for sure.

I got a few new friends over the long weekend, hope they enjoyed their gifts. I don't solicit friend adds any more, because it was devastating to learn that a lot of people restart frequently to get the prizes they wanted in an event etc. thereby wiping out all the bought gifts they had been sent in the past. I just can't afford that. But I decided once in a great while if I send one thing here or there it's fine. Half price doesn't hurt. Lol