Options

Weekend Event 5/13/2016 -VIP + Friday the 13th

Comments

• Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    I can't believe my luck. I told myself all I really want is the choker. If I got those cute shoes, bonus... I can live without the pants or top...

Screenshot_2016-05-13-10-25-36_zpsuwjo8erv.png?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

I haven't styled them yet, but I'm super thrilled. I got a necklace from our closet, I forget how much it costs, but it's better then that daily dress or the energy surplus!
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    If only Glu gave us that feature, I would gift my items too. I can imagine a ton of bugs tho :eek:

How are you styling your pink heels :o

Haha, yeah! I think such a feature would be too much for them to handle :D

This is my casual attempt to style them :D

jZcKSbE.jpg
  • Options
    iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    image_zpsbqj8bn6y.png
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Is there any reason to do the weekend events? They don't give additional stars, do they?
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Just opened my free box and spent 40 stars on another.
    Forgot to take a picture. But I didn't get any event items. The watch was in the second box on the top row. The shorts were in the bottom row, 4th box.

:(
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I bit the bullet & use my remaining 80 or so stars on boxes, refusing my usual choice in search of the shorts only for this to happen -

tumblr_o74r961LvF1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

and THEN I choose said usual box with my free box I earned and THIS happens -

tumblr_o74revmiVf1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

I'm slightly annoyed but mostly amused at my bad luck but those stars were about the plane anyway and I have that so I can feel at peace. In any case I think I've learned to stick to my usual box for the VIP weekends from now on since that was where my ponytail was and is - now - where the shorts were. I really liked the top & shorts but now I'll just have to try for them on a throwback box event ;P
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    I bit the bullet & use my remaining 80 or so stars on boxes, refusing my usual choice in search of the shorts only for this to happen -

tumblr_o74r961LvF1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

and THEN I choose said usual box with my free box I earned and THIS happens -

tumblr_o74revmiVf1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

I'm slightly annoyed but mostly amused at my bad luck but those stars were about the plane anyway and I have that so I can feel at peace. In any case I think I've learned to stick to my usual box for the VIP weekends from now on since that was where my ponytail was and is - now - where the shorts were. I really liked the top & shorts but now I'll just have to try for them on a throwback box event ;P

Oh no, I'm sorry you didn't get the shorts. :(
    The good news is that the event items seem to commonly be in the 2nd box on top row, 2nd box on bottom row, and 4th box on bottom row.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    Holli berriHolli berri Registered Users 26 Posts
    I got the black top in my free box,I'm happy ,I wanted to give out a shout to kokonut for doing a awesome job on the forums I don't think we give her enough credit for what she does , thanks koko 💖👏 good luck everyone and have a great weekend 😀*****
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    hKCQo0r.png
    eGArevL.gif
    PM to add
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    aww, thanks Holli b. I got the black top in my MANY GBs for AppleP, so I'm thinking I'll be happy styling that (of course she got the earner hair) and I still went back and bought more boxes. lol. So, I think I'll focus on splurging for Kat's Giftboxes. I think Vats would love her in the choker. Picture them by the fire on the bear skin rug (Montana?) as Kat recites The Adventure of the German Student by Hawthorne. It's a little lengthy, but she can do it in 6 minutes, and imagine the anticipation when at the end her slender fingers go up to her neck, to undo the black velvet ribbon of the choker. OMG I got chills just thinking about this.

I'll be very surprised if anyone is familiar with that piece, but tbh, when I saw that choker, it's the first thing I thought of.

Ouch Nai, that gb palette is painful. Reminds me of the one I had this morning where I got 2 of the 4 $4000 boxes, and some plebeian daily gift box item. but.....we move on. I'm already giggling over the prospects of tuesday. Will it be 3 out of 3 weeks? Be still my heart.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AppleP and Xan -

File%20May%2013%203%2052%2015%20PM_zpsxi96qxr8.jpeg

Showing off their Boots no doubt. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    jU1OGnn.png?1

*phew* Not K$!

I think Vats would love her in the choker. Picture them by the fire on the bear skin rug (Montana?) as Kat recites The Adventure of the German Student by Hawthorne. It's a little lengthy, but she can do it in 6 minutes, and imagine the anticipation when at the end her slender fingers go up to her neck, to undo the black velvet ribbon of the choker. OMG I got chills just thinking about this.

I'll be very surprised if anyone is familiar with that piece, but tbh, when I saw that choker, it's the first thing I thought of

This gives me life on a cold lonely Friday, too bad they can't see each other thanks to Mr. Google! Oh you asked about the cat he/she run away! Those cats think my roof is kind a motel lol, if you know I mean!

Cherrey
    looking stunning on that street look and pink shoes!

Glad that AppleP called Xan to a boot conference, 4k k$ always suck! ALWAYS!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Howdy, kokonut!
  • Options
    ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    The moment I saw that people liked the shoes while I didn't, I knew what I was going to get. Ha!

tumblr_inline_o74uvl9HFc1reitsa_540.png

Wanted the top and choker, got the shoes and pants. Oh well, at least I've mastered the art of #komplainingalot

I forgot to take a shot of my second palette, but it had the pants in the 2nd box top, and the choker 3rd box bottom. Good luck y'all!
  • Options
    Yeah, but we came to play ya know? This is as close to dropping a chunk of change in Vegas (nor do I want to go, unless it's to be married by an Elvis impersonator. But I'd have to find the right one.) Not that Elvii can't come in all shapes sizes and colors and genders, but ooooh actual a John Stamos impersonator done up the way Jesse looked like he did when he dressed up like Elvis. Have Mercy. Oh god, I'm dating myself. And while that's usually a nice thing, but this is a public forum.

Oh yeah, I wanted to put this here, I don't remember who it was, but they mentioned this when we were talking about Pink, the color, and I found Think Pink. This is from the same band.

Oh look. Is that pink vinyl behind the cover? lol. yeah, sometimes I'm a little late to the party. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    Thank you, my dear! So happy for us :rolleyes:

Haha, I'm also scared to end up with that red dress. I really don't want it in my wardrobe :D

Koko's new hairstyle looks nice I think, but my doll's rarely a blonde and it's just not her. Oh, but yes! No dress! :p
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Got the shirt. Now I really want the shorts.
    image_zps1v1xjslw.jpeg
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    Howdy, kokonut!

Hiya Doll. Are you enjoying the event. I know I said I was going to space out my spending, in anticipation of a great Maria offer...but alas. Instant gratification is what it's all about. And FOMO. Suppose I have no internet because Cable goes down. I would have to get to wifi with all 3 devices. Ok, so that would be easy. But the GottaHaveItNowGirl in me doesn't look for solutions ....she's looking for justifications and enabling. lol. so... I held out. didn't finish the last one till half an our ago. But...now those sneaky little devices have cracked their passwords and have been going back in after spending the 500 for the clothes, for more giftboxes!!!! I keep thinking the next box is going to be the one. ANd now I kick myself for now being here when it started. I have more luck with those giftboxes. I'm wondering if right before it ends might be lucky too. Luz said she had great luck that New Years or Christmas event just before the end.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    Koko's new hairstyle looks nice I think, but my doll's rarely a blonde and it's just not her. Oh, but yes! No dress! :p

Does this help? I often want to change my dolls hair colors, but I keep putting them back in blonde. I asked this question once before but no one answered. How do you feel about changing skin color at whim? I think we all identify with pretty much the dolls we've morphed into. no?

Screenshot_2016_05_13_17_33_38_1_1.png

oh, forgot to explain - sometimes I just think some outfits would really look striking on a more exotic look, than blonde and fair with a tan sometimes. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Would have loved the shoes, but I'm fine with this:

YI45qg.png
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I didn't take pics, but I got some black Kim's choice pants in my box which I'm fine with. Wasn't in love with any of the gift box stuff and didn't want to risk more and get kash.

Still working on my splurge for the weekend as well. Bought 2 new dresses so far and one was a goal Maria called for so I got 8 Kstars back on it, niccceeee. Also doing reality show gigs to earn back stars. The only bad thing is when you accidentally OK a show at your condo, silly fat fingers.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    daffodil wrote: »
    Is there any reason to do the weekend events? They don't give additional stars, do they?

Yes they do!!!. For each professional gig you complete with a 5 star rate you get 1 kstar. I think VIPs are the event when I really go for it. My way of buying stuff and getting stars back without paying.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    hyerileehyerilee Registered Users 181 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Yes they do!!!. For each professional gig you complete with a 5 star rate you get 1 kstar. I think VIPs are the event when I really go for it. My way of buying stuff and getting stars back without paying.

Actually the reality show shots also give 1 k star as well
  • Options
    Hey Stardust! How was your presentation? :rolleyes: And throwback?
    PM to add
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »

I know :) but I meant the 6 hour events that are exclusive this weekend. The one that usually give extra event points. Is there any reason to waste extra energy on the weekend events this weekend or should i just stick to reality shows?
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I know :) but I meant the 6 hour events that are exclusive this weekend. The one that usually give extra event points. Is there any reason to waste extra energy on the weekend events this weekend or should i just stick to reality shows?

Personally for a VIP weekend, I'm saving the events and just sticking to reality shows. The weekend gigs while only 6 hours seem to take about as much energy as an 8 hour gig, sometimes more. Save it during the week when a throwback appears, you'll have something to do.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options

Nah don't bother with them. I like to keep them for the next weekend event, they count as event gigs and give event points.
    PM to add
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Nai, please don't be sad! 4k is painful. I feel you! :(

Thanks, Vats! 40 K stars are not that bad, huh? :D
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Omg I have good news!!! My dolls are lucky for this week's event.

Carol Davida won the pink shoes!!!:D

0TT0en.png
    FWSSld.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Carolyn Ferocious won the pants.☺

1zb76s5.png

2usfm02.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections