Options

Weekend Event 7/1/16- 3 Cheers 4 the Red, White & Hollywood - 4th of July in KK:H !

Comments

• Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Same here. No event. iOS player. Got the call from Simon about a travel gig, I assume that's the event gig but won't do it until I get the event. The megaphone changed to the reality show event color, but it's still the NARS notification.
    I really regret updating the game on Tuesday. If they were not ready to launch the weekend event, what was the rush for the update? Why couldn't they give us a TB event on Tuesday so that they would have enough time to improve the game then let players update the game on the weekend? Saying that they didn't expect people to not update the game right away is just so not professional. They are not new in this game industry, are they?

P.s. I wasn't going to post anything on the forum after seeing people criticizing Glu customer service person's English in another thread. English is my second language as well. I don't like the feeling of being judged. That customer service person might be on the forum reading everyone's posts. I will only post if I want Glu to hear my voice in order to make improvements to the game. Going back to lurking. Have a great weekend and Happy 4th of July, no matter we get the event or not. :)

Don't let those people scare you off! I don't think they were making fun of the persons English, they were saying that it was probably fake because in official messages from a company correct grammar and spelling is expected. Nobody cares here on the forum, as long as it's understandable. I think actually most people on here are not native English speakers, or at least half. You should be proud that you know two languages so well, nobody cares about perfection.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Omg you're the best!! LMAO. That openning really makes me travel to my childhood. I was convince I was growing up to be wonder woman, made sense at the time!. Omg...let me finish this article I need to send to a scientific journal and I'll be ready to party.

Wonder woman.

Ps: The b o o s on Linda Carter...geez, no wonder I was determined to be like her lol.

LMAO! Yep, it's certainly NOT a bad word! Ok then, Glu, we wish we were as 'busty' as Wonder Woman :D

Good luck with your article, you brainiac! We shall party soon... :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I got my event 15 minutes ago.

I chased the hair (I never chase) and got it after a *few* boxes. I don't often open boxes either. I also got 40 stars, the purple lady bits shirt, the awful blue and white pants suit, 50 energy, the necklace, 4,000 kash, and then the hair.

I love the hair!

I don't really care for the outfit all together, but you could probably make it work with something else, like the top with white jeans or something.
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    The sneaky hairstyle tried to hide from me but I got it in the end! I was just about to give up and it appeared :D

F2476BE6-B47F-4850-AE7B-6D2C95DBEF8B_zpsei3mzjrl.jpg

8C51022A-FAB6-4193-AF2C-99EC442683BB_zpscxbxjqi9.jpg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    P.s. I wasn't going to post anything on the forum after seeing people criticizing Glu customer service person's English in another thread. English is my second language as well. I don't like the feeling of being judged. That customer service person might be on the forum reading everyone's posts. I will only post if I want Glu to hear my voice in order to make improvements to the game. Going back to lurking. Have a great weekend and Happy 4th of July, no matter we get the event or not. :)[/QUOTE]

Wow. Thats exactly how I felt. No one here should ever criticize another's English. It doesn't matter if they are refering to forum members or Glu employees... it's hurtful IMO
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »
    LMAO! Yep, it's certainly NOT a bad word! Ok then, Glu, we wish we were as 'busty' as Wonder Woman :D

Good luck with your article, you brainiac! We shall party soon... :)

:P I'm a nerd and I love it lol. But I still love chanel, Balmain and makeup. Lol

Happy hair hunting!
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    Well the event finally started for me. And at least I had some good luck with my gift boxes to make up for the delay.

CmR0lbbVIAAxUG_.jpg:large
    CmR0lbdVMAEEGaz.jpg:large

I really love the gift box dress but I'm going to quit while I'm ahead lol. Maybe I'll open one or two more boxes later in the weekend.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Daleth wrote: »
    P.s. I wasn't going to post anything on the forum after seeing people criticizing Glu customer service person's English in another thread. English is my second language as well. I don't like the feeling of being judged. That customer service person might be on the forum reading everyone's posts. I will only post if I want Glu to hear my voice in order to make improvements to the game. Going back to lurking. Have a great weekend and Happy 4th of July, no matter we get the event or not. :)

I'm sorry Daleth, I've asked everyone to please not name people in the forum. Use the blanket term Customer Care, or any other group of people. It's wrong and I'm going to try and find them and clean them up. Since you'll still lurk, you see the change. :) Stick around, it only gets better from here.

Wow. Thats exactly how I felt. No one here should ever criticize another's English. It doesn't matter if they are refering to forum members or Glu employees... it's hurtful IMO[/QUOTE]
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Man, I'm not crazy about the items, but to me, they are a lot better than last year's dreck. Also how is everyone? I've been a little frustrated with the game lately (unresponsive customer care, weird evasive answers when I do get someone to respond to me, etc.). Anyway, sorry to complain, I know I should go to hookah with it. (Sorry Koko! <3)

Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? I went to my first kickboxing class today and I'm hoping to hit up another over the weekend.

I feel ya Max.. The only item I like is obviously the hair..

About the weekend, I am free this weekend (after a loooong time and finally in Sofia lol) and I plan going hiking in the mountain with a friend tomorrow. As for Sunday, currently no plans, maybe I'll stay at home to read a book and relax :) oh, and grind too lol
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    The luck is on my side this weekend it seems.
    As always I forgot to screenshot my first palette but I opened box 3 (my free box) got a white daily gift box jumpsuit, then box 7 got 40K, then box 1 got 40K. The hair was in box 8. So I opened a second palette and choose box 8 and got the hair. Yeyyy.
    image.png
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts

Edit: See... it took me forever to write this short post. I didn't even notice that I have the event now!

That's a great point. I know people love the events but it's important to remember that. Not to mention that with this event launching 2am in california/5am on the other coast I'd guess the release is on some sort of timer so if it has an error than it's more likely just an accident & not in any way meant to harm the players or wreck their chances.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    That's a great point. I know people love the events but it's important to remember that. Not to mention that with this event launching 2am in california/5am on the other coast I'd guess the release is on some sort of timer so if it has an error than it's more likely just an accident & not in any way meant to harm the players or wreck their chances.
    No one is denying the error is an accident, like, obviously this isn't them being intentionally malicious... that doesn't change the fact it makes Glu look incompetent and careless. This isn't a one-off, it's a weekly occurrence at MINIMUM. Glu needs to step up to the plate already. This 'glitch' is obviously fixable and avoidable, so why does it keep happening? Every ****** week? If not on one platform, then on another??? It's not good enough. We expect better.
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Aww... Come on Ray!! Don't do that to me..
    Screenshot_2016-07-01-11-41-48_zpsxovuycwj_edit_1467377875016_zpsfr7me66b.jpeg
    Android
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    My event started with a little drama...

The event started in time and I had to finish an 8 hour reality show gig that I started last night with just 1 energy bold. Afterwards I did two 3 hour gigs and voila - already time to open my free gift box!

I got the star necklace and I was super happy with it! I also liked the hair, but decided not to chase it this time.

So I left the game very happy and satisfied. After 3 hours I returned to my doll with her cute star necklace and got a message. I finshed my 8 hour gig with just 4 stars. What? Excuse me? Then I realized what happened. I'm already familiar with that problem on K&K and very rarely on KKH aswell. My game has resetted itself to a point before the event.

I was really angry and sad. WHYYYY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO MEEEE?? With a heavy heart I started two 3 hour gigs and reached my free gift box again in hope to get my necklace back. BUT NO. 4000 Kash. I was about to burst out in anger and tears and wanted to throw my phone against the wall.

Alright, **** everything, I opened another box. 4000 Kash. AGAIN. I was about to cry. **** it. Next box. THE HAIR. Ok, my tears dried very quickly. But what about my necklace? I really liked it and it matched perfectly with my current Reykjavik style. Ok, one more box. 40 Stars. A box for free, I'm not complaining. Another! THE NECKLACE.

1000 stones fell off my heart. I got the hair and my beloved necklace back. Those two boxes with Kash in it were forgotten. I happily accept my new written destiny.

What a drama! I'm telling you. This game plays with my feelings like no boy ever could.
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    GOOD LUCK Andrzej! hope you make a lucky pick :)
    I'm sorry to hear that the iOS devices are glitchy right now. Someone mentioned how things have 'worked well for months & now it's glitchy' which is true but hopefully the recent missteps are simply that instead of an indication of a bigger issue. KKH is a HUGE money maker for GLU, no way are they trying to throw it under the bus.

Meanwhile, I should have KNOWN the black & white outfit was too nice to be earnable XD I'm not as enthralled with the hair having seen it on so hopefully some of the male games can post their boxes here & I can glimpse a pattern for the top at least and, if I'm lucky, the pants too as I have enough stars for one extra box.
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    I shouldn't have commented yesterday on the Granny shoes...
    Screenshot_2016-07-01-15-43-13_zpshoitz3sm_edit_1467378012126_zpse1uexl4t.jpeg
    Now they ended up in my closet.. They get an honorary place near the Korkov shoes. Oh my new bedroom slippers! 😁
    Android
  • Options
    No one is denying the error is an accident, like, obviously this isn't them being intentionally malicious... that doesn't change the fact it makes Glu look incompetent and careless. This isn't a one-off, it's a weekly occurrence at MINIMUM. Glu needs to step up to the plate already. This 'glitch' is obviously fixable and avoidable, so why does it keep happening? Every ****** week? If not on one platform, then on another??? It's not good enough. We expect better.

But....it's just a mistake? And they fixed it within 2 hours.

GLU is managing several games right now after all and I would imagine prompt fixes are part of 'stepping up to the plate', no need to be so hostile. Well, towards me at least LMAO!

Thanks SugarK, hopefully you make the picks you want to too :3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    I usually try to start each event with an item so opened 1 box and lo and behold the curse is broken!!!!!!!!!! At least for this weekend lol :p

image.jpg1_zpsr2km5xja.jpg

Then I got my free box and I should have known not to pick the same box but oh well. I'm not even caring about ugly shoes because I'm so happy I got the lovely hair this time :o:o

image.jpg2_zpshizfa5hp.jpg
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Again I have bad luck when I want a hair. It's just a game but I wanna cry
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    Been there, done that :( Don't waste all your stars opening a ton of boxes at once (like I always do, then I'm sad AND mad at myself). Wait for a more positive vibe and try later. Good luck hun, hugs!
    bladeoo wrote: »
  • Options

I feel that. I try to tell myself 'oh, it's just pixels' but I'm also in my feelings about it for maybe a half hour afterwards, even worse when I miss something by *one* box in the wrong direction XP

Like, right now I'm nervous to be the first guy to start/open a box because I'm worried I'll have some bad luck. I'll get over it by this afternoon tho!

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Good morning everyone!

I came on to say good luck with the event, but I'm very sorry to see that it started late (again). Although, I can't really say that I'm surprised. It's nice to see that they fixed it in a more timely manner this time, much better than with the North's birthday fiasco when I couldn't even get into the game for almost 20 hours.

I've started the event now. I'm going to keep doing 8-hour reality shows until I finally get a product placement, as I really want to test out that part of the update. I'm starting to get concerned that I haven't gotten one yet, though. And I really want to switch to 3-hour shows soon.

I opened my free giftbox as well, but I forgot to take a picture (sorry)! I got the necklace, it was in the top-right corner. I'm actually really happy as I NEVER get event items in my free box. In terms of the giftbox items, I only liked the hair and necklace, so at least it was something I like (and I'll get extra event points)! I opted not to spend any kstars on extra boxes because nothing was really worth it to me.

Also, I'm really happy that the boots are earnable! Yay!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Oh I'm not opening anymore. I tried 3 times(free box and bought 2) that's my max. I don't chase past 3 boxes because I have self control and I'm trying to save my k stars for when I REALLY want items and hopefully that happens during a VIP weekend cuz I could earn them back lol. I am very stingy with my k stars
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    But....it's just a mistake? And they fixed it within 2 hours.

GLU is managing several games right now after all and I would imagine prompt fixes are part of 'stepping up to the plate', no need to be so hostile. Well, towards me at least LMAO!

Thanks SugarK, hopefully you make the picks you want to too :3
    I haven't been hostile to you. It's not "just" a mistake when it's happened approx six weeks in a row. It's now a pattern. A pattern of incompetence that must be remedied if they want to show their players any respect. Stepping up to the plate is ensuring everything is in order BEFORE the event goes live, not after. You may accept this "glitch" to be a new part of this game, as something natural and inevitable, but I do not. This never used to happen, it doesn't happen in any of the other Glu games, but now it happens in this game all the time. It's avoidable, there's no reason for this to happen repeatedly, so I am allowed to expect better. I am allowed to expect a company to finally learn from their mistakes and stop repeating them. There's nothing unreasonable about what I'm saying here.
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Oh I'm not opening anymore. I tried 3 times(free box and bought 2) that's my max. I don't chase past 3 boxes because I have self control and I'm trying to save my k stars for when I REALLY want items and hopefully that happens during a VIP weekend cuz I could earn them back lol. I am very stingy with my k stars

I am also very stingy with my kstars! I can't afford to pay real money for them, so the ones that I earn are usually saved up for VIP weekends. I'll let myself buy giftboxes during other events only if I REALLY like MOST of the items (not just one). I usually have pretty bad luck, though.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    my first box was 50 energy. Im kind of glad I got that because I then played catch up for a little bit for the time lost. Still, it wouldve been nice to earn clothing or hair.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    My free box - energy.

iWTbuOM.png

Then I took a break to brave myself for chasing the pants.
    PM to add
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I need to hug someone and cry.

You'll see why soon enough.

I really wanted my pants so... my attempt to follow the previous set but everything was moved to the top row. Who knew?!

6LgVO5k.png

Still nothing. NOTHING. NOTHINGS. NOTHINGERS. NOTHINGNEST.

5ZUDyR0.png

Finally something, but I want my pants!

I9fYNEK.png

Hair, ok fine but my pants?!

QfQOZyn.png

My health deteriorated.

4wvrzKd.png

Last box got me the pants! But I just want to cry! 520 KStars!

SJFDI4m.png
    PM to add
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh no that sucks Nai! Those pants sure are amazing I totally wanted them too. C'mon I'll give you a hug and you can cry on my shoulder.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    First palette: 40 stars + 2 50 energies. Boo.
    Second:
    HgGZOF8.jpg

Much better. :)

I haven't been hostile to you. It's not "just" a mistake when it's happened approx six weeks in a row. It's now a pattern. A pattern of incompetence that must be remedied if they want to show their players any respect. Stepping up to the plate is ensuring everything is in order BEFORE the event goes live, not after. You may accept this "glitch" to be a new part of this game, as something natural and inevitable, but I do not. This never used to happen, it doesn't happen in any of the other Glu games, but now it happens in this game all the time. It's avoidable, there's no reason for this to happen repeatedly, so I am allowed to expect better. I am allowed to expect a company to finally learn from their mistakes and stop repeating them. There's nothing unreasonable about what I'm saying here.

giphy.gif
    GC: Coco Fabulous