Options

Weekend Event 7/8/16- This was the Week That Wasn't, or Was it? Now Bring on the VIP

Comments

• Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    came here to see if anyone had tested the reality show gigs yet, but Doesn't seem like it. I'll test now and report back.

Edit: got a k-star :)
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    ElisaRoseElisaRose Registered Users 17 Posts
    Omg, I just got the $4000 kash in my box. This is happening every week, I can't take it anymore :'(
    Android player! Level 33, A++
    Gamer ID: pudifish. You can add me :)
  • Options
    LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    As always forgot to take a picture of my first palette - got the shoes (mehh)
    Second palette - Energy and the hair. I thought I would like the hair but I don't unfortunately so (mehh)
    Unlocked the glasses, don't like them (mehh)
    Decided to open one more box because I wanted the bodysuit, got the ugly bag (mehh)

Becically I felt nothing, it wasn't exiting, because the items are not impressive at all. Usually I come up short and would be chasing items and getting nothing. This time I got 3 out of 4 gift box items + sunglasses for 120K (which is pretty good) and it did not make me happy, it's such a shame. I almost feel angry because i feel like this good luck of mine was waisted on this event. I'm usually exited about the weekend because of the weekend event. This week .... Mehh

image.png

image.png

image.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great day and gets all the things that they want in this event! :)
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • Options
    wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    I actually really love the earnable coat on my doll. It's very chic and sophisticated... just not with hot pink pants lol.

I bought the club in Iceland + furnished it, plus the cuuuute polar bear as a pet! I also bought a few of the new Karl items. I got the body suit in my free box (it's hideous lmao) then decided to buy a few boxes to reach 500: I got the hair, the shoes and energy.

BTW, I'm so confused by instagram, I got a message from someone I follow on there demanding to know why I unfollowed them, when I never did... then when I pointed out I was still following them they were really rude because apparently my message woke them up? Like, how dare I respond to this message that was sent to me, what was I thinking? People are weird... I don't know if she uses this forum or not but if she does and she sees this post, please message me and explain because I'm so confused...

Hope everyone has a good VIP weekend!
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Well, keeping that in mind, I'll try and do it earlier, You need time to hydrate and recharge. lol. :)

Hahahaha thank you, Koko! It's my routine lol <3
    I am so glad it's VIP and I absolutely hate the items lol I'll buy something for 20kstars, just to open the box.. and maybe I'll buy Kim's pick.. but maybe.. I'll have to see them on my doll first.

I still don't get the VIPness thing :confused: I'll have to google it.

Sassy, just look at the last 4 letters of VIPness!!!! Lol I'm giggling immaturely as well. Hehehe!

I bought one of the KL items to open my free box. I know I said I wouldn't chase the hair past my first pallet but luckily it was the 4th box I opened. I now have the sunglasses too so I think I'll stop there!

CEE2D6B1-8359-4A1F-B9A8-C0506DC54148_zpsjjmybgq3.jpg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Even though this weekend's VIP event was disappointing, I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets all the items they want. This is the fastest I ever finished an event. I may do the weekend gigs and some reality show events to get some stars.

This is the first and only palette I opened. I got the energy with the free box and I wasn't going to open another one, but something told I should and then I got the hair. I believe that's the luckiest I ever gotten at opening boxes. I'm happy with that b/c I honestly don't give a **** about the other items.

BQxuJVcl.jpg

Next I spent some K stars buying a couple of hairstyles and a whole Karl outfit. Here is Neko posing for Glamm magazine in her new clothes.

R5KM3bPl.jpg

Lastly, the rest of my K stars were spent on the ice club which I named The Frozen Lyon. I also bought the cute polar bear pet and manage to get the rest of the VIP items even though I don't care for them too much. I thought the outfit looked like a winter one so that's what I went with.

pqMuIdrl.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Lenochka wrote: »
    As always forgot to take a picture of my first palette - got the shoes (mehh)
    Second palette - Energy and the hair. I thought I would like the hair but I don't unfortunately so (mehh)
    Unlocked the glasses, don't like them (mehh)
    Decided to open one more box because I wanted the bodysuit, got the ugly bag (mehh)

Becically I felt nothing, it wasn't exiting, because the items are not impressive at all. Usually I come up short and would be chasing items and getting nothing. This time I got 3 out of 4 gift box items + sunglasses for 120K (which is pretty good) and it did not make me happy, it's such a shame. I almost feel angry because i feel like this good luck of mine was waisted on this event. I'm usually exited about the weekend because of the weekend event. This week .... Mehh

Hope everyone is having a great day and gets all the things that they want in this event! :)

Your doll does not look like a happy camper Lenochka and I don't blame her. These items were just bad. The only decent ones were the hair and the jacket which is why I'm so glad that I got the hair with only 40 K stars. And I don't know what Glu was thinking with those shoes. It looks like a tennis shoe and a wedge had a horrible love child together. Do these shoes exist in real life?
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Your doll does not look like a happy camper Lenochka and I don't blame her. These items were just bad. The only decent ones were the hair and the jacket which is why I'm so glad that I got the hair with only 40 K stars. And I don't know what Glu was thinking with those shoes. It looks like a tennis shoe and a wedge had a horrible love child together. Do these shoes exist in real life?

Yeah it's been a disappointing event unfortunately, now I'm just hopping we get a nice mid-week event (something new maybe) and an amazing weekend event next week. In the meantime I'm going to do as many gigs as possible to save up some KStars.
    I'm happy that you got the hair and the jacket!!! :) Neko looks great in her winter coat!
    The shoes are not the best, they are not the worst, but defo not the best. Lol but I see what you mean about the tennis&wedge love child. I think this was Glu's way of providing us with a more casual shoe choice without having to deal with the heel aspect (because our dolls feet don't stand flat lol)
    image.jpg
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I just did a reality got the star! :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    I don't think the items necessarily go together so Vida just did her own mix and match thing. Bought the Kim items because I actually like all the items, but truly it was a good casual-look hair. The hot pink pants are... okay lol it seems definitely a casual look item... I think it might go with some Karl items, but still unsure about buying them. The earnable coat is my fave! Looks like she just threw it over her workout attire to get a quick pressed juiced. I opened three palettes and stopped once I got the hair, shoes, and purse... because a nude bodysuit is... lol not cute
    IMG_20160708_072715_zps5kbh7hub.jpg
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    bladeoo wrote: »
    I am giggling at VIPness. Say that out loud but not at work lol. Omg I am 28 yrs old and laughing at something so juvenile :)

But anyway, I am grinding for my k stars and enough to open that box and getting the sunglasses because I don't want them in any future TBE boxes. Noooo mooooreee sunglasses!

OMG I can't stop giggling either, and my passport tells me I'm 36 (although my mirror tells me I'm 29 lol!)!!

I bought the Ice Club in Reykjavik and decorated it with the K-stars items so I can start reclaiming my K-stars weekly.
    Oh and I also bought my 3 missing pets: the polar bear in Reykjavik, the pug on the plane and the super cute doggy in San Diego. I really wanted some NARS items (eyes and lips) but I really was not going to overspend this time, so I will wait patiently for the next VIP.

So I opened my one and only box, my free box... and guess what... I got the hair!!! Woohoo, so excited!!!

image_zpshaxnqga9.png
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    plasticsunshineplasticsunshine Registered Users 40 Posts
    I agree with the most people here,these clothes don't feel special enough for the VIP event. But IDK why I like the sunglasses.Oh and the hair. But I like almost every hair for every event :p:p
    So I bought some stuff to unlock glasses and the free giftbox. AND I WON THE HAIR ! I CAN'T BELIEVE MY LUCK !! :cool::cool:

14c5a058-72b6-415a-b95b-f452e679859a_zpskk6hzeoj.png

And here is my doll with the new stuff :

KKH_Screenshot_1467978558195_zpsgv48w2qu.jpg

Good luck everyone. I hope you get all the giftbox items you want ! <3
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Hi all! I'm visiting my parents, so I won't be on here as much this weekend, but i'll be sure to check in every now and then.

I'm about to go spend *a few* k-stars. Definitely not 600 because I don't like those items (you are all my witness that I said that!).

If there are any items you want, I hope you get them! Good luck everyone. Xo
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    600? Isn't VIP 500? The Grinders are 600? Anyway, I agree with Vida. So often the things they put together look less than spectacular, but like she did, pair it with the right items and you create a great look. I'm already wearing my 'earned' sunnies.
    Kat got the Katsuit (lol had to do it) Apple got the bag, and Z, Z got energy in her free box. She 'almost' got the hair, but when I went to tap, the first box I picked didn't open, the 2nd box (the shoes) didn't open when I tapped. I figured the Game Guru of Karma was steering me towards the hair. Tapped really hard on the 3rd choice and boom, energy. then I looked down, saw I had forgotten to put back the stylus in My Note5, and when the stylus is out, you have to tap very hard. DOH. I put the stylus back in the device, and what do you know....first time tap is back in action. AAAARGH. I so want to do that palette over. lol. I'm going back in later this morning. I like to try at different times in the day.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Cilan wrote: »
    OH GOD. I AM 27 AND I JUST BUSTED OUT LAUGHING TOO. I totally didn't catch that lol!!! When I said it out loud, I was like. Hrm.... hahahahah. This made my night. xD (must have been a freudian slip! :X)

Thanks for the slip though it made my night :) lol

My free pallet I got the purse and had I went for a second box, I would've got the hair in the box I wanted to pick. So again NO luck with the hair I want. I might try again later but I'm tired of getting the $4k cash in my paid boxes
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    600? Isn't VIP 500? The Grinders are 600? Anyway, I agree with Vida. So often the things they put together look less than spectacular, but like she did, pair it with the right items and you create a great look. I'm already wearing my 'earned' sunnies.
    Kat got the Katsuit (lol had to do it) Apple got the bag, and Z, Z got energy in her free box. She 'almost' got the hair, but when I went to tap, the first box I picked didn't open, the 2nd box (the shoes) didn't open when I tapped. I figured the Game Guru of Karma was steering me towards the hair. Tapped really hard on the 3rd choice and boom, energy. then I looked down, saw I had forgotten to put back the stylus in My Note5, and when the stylus is out, you have to tap very hard. DOH. I put the stylus back in the device, and what do you know....first time tap is back in action. AAAARGH. I so want to do that palette over. lol. I'm going back in later this morning. I like to try at different times in the day.

Oops! Is it 500? It's been awhile since I've liked a VIP enough to spend that much, so I don't remember!

Update: no hair for me! I opened two full pallettes and spent 230 k-stars (well technically 190 as I got 40 in one box). I bought myself a hair from the closet to start. I earned the sunglass, and then got the purse in a giftbox - of course the two items that I like the least I get, just my luck! At least they won't show up in future throwbacks, lol. Gotta think positive.

Edit: I did take pictures! Will update with them once I get on a computer.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Bought San Diego thinking you got a k star every time you did an 8 hour gig and then found out it's every week blah. Got the hair in my gift box... I don't mind it but it was surrounded by three 40 k star boxes which I would've gladly taken.
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I didn't plan to finish this event, but it just happened. I opened some boxes, won no event items, but 160 Kstars, bought 2 pets, some furniture, a top, and here I am :D

I REALLY like that coat! It's great to play with and it's something we never had before :o

And the pants fit perfectly to my favorite shoes :rolleyes: I wish they were high waisted though. They sit extremely low :D

cOCF1uc.jpg
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    My first palette was garbage and I wasn't planning on chasing the hair, but I had extra stars to spend and I'm a sucker for braids.

B2VbckT.jpg

Of course I'm crazy lucky when I hate most of the items.

Anyway, I bought a few new clothing items, the Corgi in the Hamptons, and the club in Iceland (which has been named Ice Queen).

mawsbM7.jpg

Just out walking her chubby, little polar bear. Ain't no thang. ;) (The way that he stretches, omg, SO CUTE.)
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    My boxes :)))
    image_zpshswim4mn.png
    Anyway! I bought a new clothe and hair \m/
    image_zpseqv2apvv.jpeg
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Cherrey I like the pink pants and the coat matches one that we guys have at te wardrobe, if the G+ connection was working I would dress up Vats to match your doll and take a nice selfie lol

I'm glad that we're getting K-star at the reality gigs yet, that way I can grind and get more viewers to my show since I'm not working on that during the week.

Glu lost a great opportunity to have my k-stars this weekend, if the samurai bun was between the earnables instead of those lame brown shades I would go for everything!

Seriously I would try to get all boxes items that are breath taking and get really cool shoes and that classy blazer, but no hair no k-stars to them:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Vats, I'm SO angry that the G+ connection still doesn't work. It takes so much fun away. I miss to check out everyone and take pictures with them. I really wonder why Glu doesn't do anything about this issue.

Anyways, I hope that your samurai bun is coming next week. Hopefully as an earnable item. You'd be so happy to get that hairstyle. You MUST get it. No question. The mission is set.

Kpdxom.gif
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    PqvHAO.png

NWvC6d.png

7mZ0Nl.png

Okay, so I'm actually infuriated. ALL THESE CLOTHES?! SERIOUSLY?!
    I didn't even like the gift box outfit except the hair and it was in all 3 pallettes, a click away! UGH. And I'm sure some of you think it's silly that I'm mad since I chose to buy the boxes, but that's not the point. I'm angry because the items in the pallettes are garbage and I got all of the garbage items. I'll be fine. When I say mad, I don't mean I could punch a wall or something. I just mean I'm disappointed. :(
    Good luck to everyone else who are trying for something.

In other news, I bought some shoes id been wanting and the club in Reykjavik. And the polar bear but I wonder why he was 80 stars as opposed to 40 like every other pet.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    The hair(dolls) was always a click away from me too, Lants. It's been so infuriating because I want Nothing more than to collect more hairs and I just keep getting purses or sunnies or energy
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    Done guys :)
    image_zpsc5j1za0i.png
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    urgVIa2.jpg

I bought the Karl hair and hat (25 stars) opened my one free box, got the hair!

It's random placement, but the hair shows up in box 3 a lot this event by looking at pics on instagram....

I *almost* opened another one right below it, but I'm glad to chose not to. I would have gotten the Spanx suit!

Happy VIPness dolls! Tee hee....
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I'm sorry you missed out on the hair, Lants!

Can one of the guys please post a picture of the event items? Earner items and mystery box items? I want to place them in the Encyclopedia thread.

EDIT: I just saw Peter's post. Peter can you also post a pic here with the Mystery Box items? Thanxxx!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    I only opened one box and got the purse. I seem to always get the purses. :/ I will see if I get a chance to open more but I wasn't too wild over anything this weekend. I do like the pink pants and the top in the earnable items though. I just have to get enough K-Stars so I can buy things. :)
  • Options
    empressofjapanempressofjapan Registered Users 32 Posts
    Heres my first box:

Dy8mJvO.jpg

Second box was 4k cash rofl. Since it was a VIP weekend I adopted a baby, and bought a new pair of eyes. I might give in and buy Kim's pick soon.

Here's me with my baby girl, Felicity (named after my niece):

kKRHP7l.jpg

I got the sunglasses and pants from the earnables so far.
    Add me of GC: empressofjapan
  • Options
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I'm sorry you missed out on the hair, Lants!

Can one of the guys please post a picture of the event items? Earner items and mystery box items? I want to place them in the Encyclopedia thread.

EDIT: I just saw Peter's post. Peter can you also post a pic here with the Mystery Box items? Thanxxx!
    LindaVB here's the screen capture of the Msytery Box :)))))
    image_zpsnmohup2j.png