Options

Weekend Event 10/14/16 - Who Knows what tomorrow will bring?

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok, Louisiana is central time. Right now the world clock says it's 8:20 in Louisiana but here in ny it's 9:20. I've been playing the event for 4 hours. It started at 5 a.m Eastern, you are not in the Eastern time. 4 hours ago, we both started playing, 5 am my time, 4 am your time.
    ;}. The event starts at the same universal moment in time, we just live in different time zones.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    hkayteehkaytee Registered Users 116 Posts
    Hi everyone :)

So I took a one year break from this game but now I'm back ! I just got bored doing Simon's lame gigs cause there was no more storylines left but now there are so much new things from God knows how much updates.

I have way too much stuff to catch up on in throwback boxes so I'm trying to get all the earmarbles here by grinding every weekend (Okay so I've been back like 2 weekends now lol) I used to do the party weekends easily by inviting 7 people to my Calabases mansion and interacting with those people every hour until I fill all the stars but I started a party this morning, went back 2 hours later and I can't talk to my guests :(

I know you dolls have strategies because u not only work hard you work smartly at this game. I would love it if someone could share the secrets to successfully getting all the purple stars for the party weekend :D

I'm too hooked on the game to not grind ! I'm wondering how I managed so long without it
    Add me GC: AychKT && yakanaTee :)
  • Options
    Welcome Back! Clearly a case of dormant dark side. How have you been?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I think it's more like every 3-4 hours you can talk to your guests again?
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    hkaytee wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

So I took a one year break from this game but now I'm back ! I just got bored doing Simon's lame gigs cause there was no more storylines left but now there are so much new things from God knows how much updates.

I have way too much stuff to catch up on in throwback boxes so I'm trying to get all the earmarbles here by grinding every weekend (Okay so I've been back like 2 weekends now lol) I used to do the party weekends easily by inviting 7 people to my Calabases mansion and interacting with those people every hour until I fill all the stars but I started a party this morning, went back 2 hours later and I can't talk to my guests :(

I know you dolls have strategies because u not only work hard you work smartly at this game. I would love it if someone could share the secrets to successfully getting all the purple stars for the party weekend :D

I'm too hooked on the game to not grind ! I'm wondering how I managed so long without it

Welcome back!

When I came back after a long break, I was a bit shocked as quite a bit had changed.

Glu has really made the parties harder. Guests refresh (I think) over 4 hours after you first click them... I never wait for this now. You should also know that relationships with your friends don't increase with parties.

I do 3-hour parties at the Calabasas house. I usually invite NPCs as I at least get the blue chat bubble which increases relationships a bit. After interacting with each guest, I do an 8-energy interaction and a 4-energy one!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I tried chasing the gift box shoes and failed. Argh! Got every other item, but no shoes. I spent like 300 Kstars and now I'm broke once again.

f6371d6c9190300f62412a6389f9f26a95ca4a6f.gif
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh no! My first box:
    XNCVddf.png?1

I didn't want any particular box item, but I was hoping for k-stars, maybe a Kim's Pick or even those awful blue shoes from the third box! I just wish this is an isolate case and that my 'wave of luck' didn't broke. Guess I'll find out soon with my second box...

SugarK wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: BAHAHAHA! Vatsy you sure have a way with words!!!!! Thanks for the laugh, even though I spit tea all over my keyboard :rolleyes: LOL

How cool of you say something like this! Thanks, Thanks, Thanks! Means a LOT to me cause I have this perception of myself that I'm terrible with words, I'm good listener though, but ask me to explain something and BOOM disaster! Sorry about the tea!

LuzVarias wrote: »
    Your kindhearted mockery of the other color options leaves me no choice but to go with red.... Not a bad idea, but I'm gonna miss my old dark skin... Maybe I'll try the second-darkest skin with the red. But it could be seriously eye-bleeding to pair tan/redhead with this weekend's earnable skirt! :confused:

Ok...

We can justify that saying that Luz is trying to fit on the Asian market. I read somewhere that skin bleach is a thing there (sorry if this isn't accurate guys). While here in the 'West' we prefer dark/tanned skin colors, there paleness is a standard of beauty!

However the only way to explain the red hair is a poor dye job lol

It's almost impossible to remove that jet black color without go brassy!

I'm sorry that Stellan has been a 'Dirk' to Luz! Honeslty I'm positive that we're few steps from get to the end of platform division!

Also am so happy to know that you're still around playing!

The forum has always people coming and going, most of them are really nice and I'm grateful for having they all here, however when I think on the best members that are/were around here you are always between my picks!:D

Welcome back hkaytee!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Ok, Louisiana is central time. Right now the world clock says it's 8:20 in Louisiana but here in ny it's 9:20. I've been playing the event for 4 hours. It started at 5 a.m Eastern, you are not in the Eastern time. 4 hours ago, we both started playing, 5 am my time, 4 am your time.
    ;}. The event starts at the same universal moment in time, we just live in different time zones.

That makes sense. Maybe it's always been at 4 am and I never noticed and just assumed it was 5 am for me. Thanks for figuring it out for me Koko. Knowing I can start an event an hour earlier than I've been doing will help with events like SYS.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    Glad I could help. I am so smart about some things, yet so totally unaware of others. Off the time of my head I didn't know if Daylight Savings was in effect or something. Everybody else did. But in a person to person relationship...I see us all together in the same moment, it's just labeld with different numbers for us depending on where we live. We all get up together for our event, we just call it different times. I would hate to be in rush hour when an event starts. I hear in LA, California rush hour can be rush 4 hours. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Cherrey wrote: »
    I tried chasing the gift box shoes and failed. Argh! Got every other item, but no shoes. I spent like 300 Kstars and now I'm broke once again.

f6371d6c9190300f62412a6389f9f26a95ca4a6f.gif

Cherrey: Oh no! I hate when that happens. I got the shoes, I wish I could send them to you! I really wanted the hair... but I don't think I'm going to chase (don't have the k-stars to do so right now)!

IMG_1018.png
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • Options
    I'm in central time too so that makes sense. I guess I've always just thought 5am was the norm

mxRtsaN.png?2

Blah. I would've liked the hair, but not enough to chase it. Normally I wouldn't be as bummed with the 50 energy because it gives a boost during events, but I'm not feeling the earnables so this is disappointing.
  • Options
    hkayteehkaytee Registered Users 116 Posts
    Thanks for all the welcome backs ! :D

Kokokonut, I've been great thanks for asking. I see you're still keeping things in order around here brewthing life into these threads. Great job as always ! 👌🏾

Katiealexandraa, everything is new to me and I freaking love it ! I got a club, a fashion house and I can work and get k stars and k cash. Lord knows I need that to support my shopping habits

ALL THE NEW CLOTHES ! <3<3<3

And when I started there were so many new accomplishments that I automatically got so I got like 500 kstars and went shopping. (I sound like a kid in a candy store lol -regains composure-) But I now have new real estate to acquire and I c that there's a chopper ?

Back to the matter at hand lol I think I'm going to try the 3 hour parties at Calabases because waiting four hours sets me way back and I got a busy weekend but I'm determined to make it work

Happy grinding (or laying back for some players) ! Let's try to make it (or not)
    Add me GC: AychKT && yakanaTee :)
  • Options
    hkaytee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the welcome backs ! :D

Kokokonut, I've been great thanks for asking. I see you're still keeping things in order around here brewthing life into these threads. Great job as always ! ����

Katiealexandraa, everything is new to me and I freaking love it ! I got a club, a fashion house and I can work and get k stars and k cash. Lord knows I need that to support my shopping habits

ALL THE NEW CLOTHES ! <3<3<3

And when I started there were so many new accomplishments that I automatically got so I got like 500 kstars and went shopping. (I sound like a kid in a candy store lol -regains composure-) But I now have new real estate to acquire and I c that there's a chopper ?

Back to the matter at hand lol I think I'm going to try the 3 hour parties at Calabases because waiting four hours sets me way back and I got a busy weekend but I'm determined to make it work

Happy grinding (or laying back for some players) ! Let's try to make it (or not)

Ooooh, the achievement thing is amazing! I remember that happened in my old game after a period of not playing - definitely a bonus!!

I think I might have been wrong when I was explaining the party-energy breakdown. You might need to do 2 8-hour taps at the end... I will test this during my next party. But 3-hours at Calabasas is definitely the way to go!

GET THE CHOPPER (NO DON'T, GET A CAR INSTEAD 320 K-STARS ISN'T WORTH IT)! Honestly, my kash builds sooooooo fast now that I have it. It's so nice being able to grind without spending any $$$. I would recommend waiting for a VIP event, so you get a little something extra since it does cost a lot of k-stars, but you do you. :)
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • Options
    mocastilhomocastilho Registered Users 120 Posts
    Here's one I like
    Orange2.png

Here's another

Now, it's just rough, I mean we change shoes, and jewelry and hair, but you see it can look nice. THose shoes in the earner outfit are just really throwing it off.

Hi Luz! You're looking wonderful

Thank you so much Koko! I can't wait to get my hands on that skirt and trying out new looks! I loved your ideas! ;) I tried a different shoes from the last events we had and as I was looking for top parts that could look great with the skirt, although I don't have it yet I realized that we have a lot of new orange stuff in the wardrobe from the latest events. Remember that orange dress? ;) I'm so excited of heading to Havana! Since the update that brought us Cuba and that photoshoot in Havana with Kim I haven't return there for gigs. ;)

Good luck to everyone this weekend!! :) I can't wait to see your looks! ;)
  • Options
    Gdmrn_MunroGdmrn_Munro Registered Users 8 Posts
    Hi. So technically, I'm not really new. I've always followed the forums for information and entertainment. I decided to register today because I just wanted to say I love the orange skirt, call me weird. I'll be grinding to ensure its mine 😃.
  • Options
    The orange skirt definitely has potential. Sometimes it's hard to picture items paired with other things because we can't fully test them out. But I'm sure there's a shirt somewhere in the wardrobe that would look great. Same with the GB items. I personally think the outfit looks like a hot mess but paired with something else could look really nice.

Also... welcome!!!
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    ENERGY
    That's all I ever get....
    sketch-1476298692456_zps4uxzdmws.png
    I just want to cry.
    Android
  • Options
    Anna_mmAnna_mm Registered Users 7 Posts
    Aw, I'm sorry, worst feeling ever. Nothing is more disappointing in this game than grinding to that free box, staring blankly at the screen for 5 minutes trying to see if you can "sense" where the hair or amazing outfit is, and then realizing you don't have any special powers, so you give up and tap something with your eyes closed and get 50 energy or 4K cash. At least this is my weekly routine ;) Then I go through my usual state of denial, and tell myself that I'm better off without that hair and it kinda looks funny somehow anyways with this little piece sticking out,etc etc. The whole thing is tragic.

ENERGY

sketch-1476298692456_zps4uxzdmws.png
    I just want to cry.
  • Options
    I have to clarify. You need the JET for free airfare, and a vehicle (car, SUV or.....helicopter (chopper) . THe helicopter serves just like a car. You feel very entitled and park it curbside for convenience. But for free airfare....it is the Plane/Jet for 120 Stars. The vehicle gives you free travel throughout new york, and LA. with a few other Californias thrown in as well.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I have to clarify. You need the JET for free airfare, and a vehicle (car, SUV or.....helicopter (chopper) . THe helicopter serves just like a car. You feel very entitled and park it curbside for convenience. But for free airfare....it is the Plane/Jet for 120 Stars. The vehicle gives you free travel throughout new york, and LA. with a few other Californias thrown in as well.

Yeah, having one vehicle + the jet is the way to go! No more paying for travelling, your kash will build up very fast. :)

Wait, after checking again how much the chopper is, I retract my statement! I thought I remembered it being around the price of the jet, but it's 320 k-stars??? Not worth it, lol. Stick with a car.
    ENERGY
    I just want to cry.
    Anna_mm wrote: »
    Aw, I'm sorry, worst feeling ever. Nothing is more disappointing in this game than grinding to that free box, staring blankly at the screen for 5 minutes trying to see if you can "sense" where the hair or amazing outfit is, and then realizing you don't have any special powers, so you give up and tap something with your eyes closed and get 50 energy or 4K cash. At least this is my weekly routine ;) Then I go through my usual state of denial, and tell myself that I'm better off without that hair and it kinda looks funny somehow anyways with this little piece sticking out,etc etc. The whole thing is tragic.

THIS. :(:( I mean I get that they have to have a range of prize types with some better than others, but $4k or 50 energy is ridiculous. That's why I only buy extra giftboxes when I've earned a lot of k-stars from free offers; I will not spend my real-life money on giftboxes when the chance of getting $4k or 50 energy is so high.
    Hi. So technically, I'm not really new. I've always followed the forums for information and entertainment. I decided to register today because I just wanted to say I love the orange skirt, call me weird. I'll be grinding to ensure its mine ��.

No one thinks you're weird! We all have different styles, and the game tends to acknowledge this with a range of different outfits. I prefer darker colours of neutrals, if the skirt was in black or crimson I might like it (but then again, how many black skirts can we have in the game???). Glad you like it!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Cherrey: Oh no! I hate when that happens. I got the shoes, I wish I could send them to you! I really wanted the hair... but I don't think I'm going to chase (don't have the k-stars to do so right now)!

You dodged a bullet with the hair. It's so weird looking, I hate it. :(
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    Hi. So technically, I'm not really new. I've always followed the forums for information and entertainment. I decided to register today because I just wanted to say I love the orange skirt, call me weird. I'll be grinding to ensure its mine .

Welcome Welcome Welcome. Even though you've been here for a while. :)
    Welccome.gif

ANd....I'm grinding for the skirt too. I really like it, and I'm not crazy about orange....tho maybe with the Purple Ruffle shirt and the Orange skirt it would look great for Hallowee with class. No pumpkinhead here. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm not fully familiar with the bells and whistles so I wasn't able to quote you all. However, to all the persons who have taken time to welcome me, thank you. ☺
  • Options
    Aww, thank YOU Gdmrn_Munro if you need any help with avatars, signatures, posting pictures, the game...you name it and one of us will help you out. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »
    You dodged a bullet with the hair. It's so weird looking, I hate it. :(

What about it do you hate? I'm trying to decide whether or not to chase it- talk me out of it! ;)
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    What about it do you hate? I'm trying to decide whether or not to chase it- talk me out of it! ;)

LOL, my husband calls it the "seashell" thing at the top. I think it's a braid? It's so weird-looking.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    These are the items that I won. I wish that had gotten the top. Neko could use more animal print in her closet, but it's not a total lost. I can someday win it in a TB box and at least my luck for opening boxes was somewhat good this week. Funny thing is that I did the wrong weekend gig. I'm pretty sure it was a left over gig from last weekend involving Misty, but at least I got the event points from it, so I'm not too upset.

Nfexmdkh.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    Aww, thank YOU Gdmrn_Munro if you need any help with avatars, signatures, posting pictures, the game...you name it and one of us will help you out. :)
    Thank you Koko!
  • Options
    Your Higness, how do you like the hair. How about a closeup of it on your doll? It will give me the push I need to dive into the GBs again. :)

(I've nicknamed NQueen331 Queenie or YourHighness. Both terms of endearment. )
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Megannita wrote: »
    LOL, my husband calls it the "seashell" thing at the top. I think it's a braid? It's so weird-looking.

LOL! Yes it's like a french braid. I think the reason it looks off is because the braid is really thick. There's another purchasable hair that suffers from the same problem.