Options

♥KK:H Weekend Event 5/11/18 - Have a Classy Mother's Day and More

12346Next

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    September said:

Unpopular opinion, but I don't really mind the new system. I remember chasing the wine glass and spending around 700 kstars. It was horrible. Now, if I want a specific item, I'll only spend 374 or something like that. In the old system, in the most lucky situation where all the picked boxes contain event items you'll still pay 40*4=160 kstars. And that doesn't happen often.

I'd actually like this system if they didn't get the boxes, just the kollektion. So your free 'box' would be a free spin in the kollektion. 
    And if the kollektions weren't rigged. If there actually was a change to get the dress or hair at the first go, then I'd be more inclined to give it a go. But now: I'm not interested in the shoes/jewelry and of course kash and energy, so I'm not using it.

So just my two cents. Remove the gift boxes, give a free spin, make it random like the boxes and done. Good system. 

To save the hassle, should just lower the number of kstars to open a giftbox. I hate Kollections period, and they shouldn't mess with it in our events.
    PM to add
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited May 2018
    HollySisk said:

I always enjoy seeing how my Forum friends style the same item. Maybe @Naimonster will revive her awesome thread where we all styled a specific item?

Dixie and her friends are in London to start celebrating the Royal Wedding. They must be sorority sisters with Megan and all have the same necklace.

@Angeline & Jon Dixie @kokokokonut @haftime

Love hanging with you Dixie! And Angeline and Haftime. Happy Mothers day to all the Dolls here. Hey, why don't we just post Mothers Day Pics of us with our babies in the Fashion thread for the Weekend? No matter how you feel about the new Kollections Event, we have to have fun posing with our kidlets......

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    edited May 2018
    Happy Mother's Day to all my dolls celebrating!!

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    edited May 2018
    I see your point @September and it is true. That could only work if at least some dolls came here to post their lucky picks of getting the hair at the first try (kollections not being rigged). And the first try in the kollection could be earned instead of the free giftbox. There is a slight difference in the feeling of getting your fave gb item in the first box and deciding that this week you like the gb items enough to pay for the whole kollection. I don't know. I do see positives, but I still feel bad about the kollections the way they are this event. The old system is better than this, mostly because this one is not fair at all, and there is no chance of luck, you just have to pay.

Edit: But I don't see glu making this fair cause the game was never subtle about the kollections being rigged, so I just want the old gb system back.
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    HollySisk said:
    I’m now drooling over cinnamon roll waffles And if I’m joining Koko for a nice breakfast then I must have a side of bacon
    Wow this is the perfect porion for me but what are the rest of you going to eat?!  :D

Here's something I haven't been able to say in roughly 2 months: I finished the event -

Diplomatically I will say that I know Glu is always looking for ways to incentivize spending of our RL money and can respect that they try to do that in different ways but hiding away something that kept things a little more fair is not the way to do it. Perhaps if the kollection for a weekend consisted only of the 4 items (like with the holiday gifts we share with each other) and that itself was, say, under 200~ stars it could be better because I'm sure that paying for the guarantee of the item would be enticing, much more so than adding in a few more extras we don't want. 

In any case please fix it Glu and give the guts back their third earnables please!

Also, happy mother's day to all the forum moms who play :3 I spent time with my own mother on Friday and with my grandmother on her birthday Thursday so I did all the important rounds I needed to locally and will be sure to contact my sisters & currently pregnant niece when the time is later in their varied states as none of them live in my timezone LOL!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    haftime said:

I know this isn't the place to post this, so @kokokokonut, feel free to delete, but I know most folks are asleep on the East coast right now and I'm hoping for quick help-- I went in for service at Apple today after doing a full backup to the Cloud and they ended up giving me a new phone. Now the new phone is only giving me a Kustomize screen for KKH and it looks like Everly is gone. I've tried deleting it and reinstalling, but no saved data. Is there anything else I can do, or is Everly gone forever? Any tips appreciated!

ETA: just now I got the two choices, one of which was to install saved data. I was so excited! but when i pressed the button nothing happened. I'm hopeful since I saw that. What do I do when i can choose to load saved data but nothing happens?

How are you going with your game @haftime? Everly is still dressed in the red dress in my game. Every day I open my game & look forward to see what’s she’s wearing. 🤞you’ll get your game sorted out soon.

Glu, instead of giving us features that doesn’t really do much, how about implementing a safe storage like we have asked for ages so we don’t lose players thru game lost. If you’re serious about keeping this game going, you cannot afford to lose paying customers thru lose of game progress.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    There are so many items I missed. But I wouldn't want it any other way. 
    I think whoever came up with the idea of giftboxes is a genius. 
    The thrill of opening the right box, the disappointment when it's the wrong one! How many of you let someone else open a box when you feel out of luck? And explain to them how terribly important this is?
    What was the longest time you took to decide which box to open? 

Now just imagine our weekend conversations with Kollektion boxes...
    We wouldn't need to wish each other good luck.
    "Oh congrats on purchasing the items!" 
    No more "woohoo I got the hairstyle!"
    Boring.
    Android
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    My stomach dropped reading @haftime’s post. If you’ve lost Everly and all her wardrobe I will be so upset. Glu needs to make storage a freakin’ priority!!!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    @haftime I hope Glu finda a way to bring back Everly!! Sending positive energy your way ❤️
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    Can someone please post the guys limited edition Kollection? I want to add it to the encyclopedia thread.
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts

PM to add
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Thank you for the positive vibes everyone! This has been a difficult time-- it's hard to realize how attached you are to a game!

I am happy to report that I got Everly back!

In the end, what worked is completely erasing the new phone again and reloading again from the file saved to the cloud.

By the way, my KKG game was never an issue-- loaded up easily. Please, Glu, create a backup system to prevent this issue for KKH! This has been a rough weekend and I wouldn't want anyone to go have to through this, especially if they don't have the end result that I did.

And now I have only a few hours to finish up the event, and on a busy day-- Mother's Day! I hope the forum moms all have a lovely day.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    SarahbunnySarahbunny Registered Users 25 Posts
    @Loveflower01 - I hope you got it now!

Yeah, I thought the Kollection was nice, but I find it a lot of k-stars for the reward you get. I'd much rather continue saving up for the businesses I don't yet have! :)
    Sarah ♥
    KKH: Level 33 | iOS Player
    Moderator at the Kim Kardashian Hollywood Fandom Wiki
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @haftime I’m sooo glad Everly is back!!! Really hope Glu upgrades the back up system, we have lost enough friends..

Thank you @Naimonster for posting the pics!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    haftime said:

Thank you for the positive vibes everyone! This has been a difficult time-- it's hard to realize how attached you are to a game!

I am happy to report that I got Everly back!

In the end, what worked is completely erasing the new phone again and reloading again from the file saved to the cloud.

By the way, my KKG game was never an issue-- loaded up easily. Please, Glu, create a backup system to prevent this issue for KKH! This has been a rough weekend and I wouldn't want anyone to go have to through this, especially if they don't have the end result that I did.

And now I have only a few hours to finish up the event, and on a busy day-- Mother's Day! I hope the forum moms all have a lovely day.

@haftime I am just seeing this now. I'very been off all day, and didn'the see the original post yesteday, and I am just so happy you got her back. Good luck, sending vibes, and

Everyone ...if you'really android or IOS why not take a minute and back up to the cloud and or itunes or Android system like SmartSwitch. I'm just really glad it all worked out.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    I was jumping for joy when I saw Everly is back @haftime. Sorry it was so stressful for you but I’m so glad to see Everly in my game again.💖
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    LoveAlwaysAZLoveAlwaysAZ Registered Users 16 Posts
    The event was beautiful.  Happy belated Mothers Day to all!  :)  <3