Options

✔️ KK:H WeekDay Event - 12/10/18 Hanukkah Concludes in a SYS Winter Wonderland & Professional TB

Comments

• Options
    FairytaleFairytale Registered Users, Member 386 Posts
    edited December 2018
    I still dont have the trendsetter tab, my friend got it yesterday, am i doing something wrong?

Ok nvm, i guess im just one of the people who arent getting it.. shame i got so excited when my friend showed it to me :/
  • Options
    mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    pua said:
    Blonde dolls with no trace of ethnic ambiguity are doing very well in my game but who knows, maybe the tides will change in the days to come. All I know is, so far #ProjectWhiteFace is on.
    I won't be my normal brown self probably until AFTER the SYS. 

To be fair, in my opinion the dolls that you made white are in outfits that better fit the “winter wonderland” theme. I think the first one looks very New Years holiday party and the last one looks winter fashion. The other two outfits look more fall to me? And more casual, which for the most part through voting and seeing other dolls posts, appear to be getting less votes. 

Im sure you’re right about the blonde/white dolls scoring better (even I’m making my doll platinum blonde for this event because of it!) but I think it would be a more fair experiment if you tried more similar outfits. I’d personally love to see a post (in a couple days when all the clothes are unlocked) with a side by side of the exact same outfit, only changing skin & hair color... I think it’d be really interesting! 😊
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • Options
    VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    My boxes for the TB event this week:

I was excited to get K-Stars in my gold box. Not as excited about my throwback item but it’s the first hairstyle I’ve ever received from a TB collection:

I was hoping for the scarf or boots to help me with the SYS - oh well
    🤷‍♀️
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
  • Options
    icechicicechic Registered Users, Member 281 Posts

I am stinking up this SYS so far... averaging 41 per look (again). At this rate, I doubt I'll get the hair again (for the third time). ☹️ I'm feeling a bit disappointed tonight... it feels like "so close, yet so far" again already. 🥺 I'll switch to more coats & boots next & see how that goes. I dont have a lot of glam, sparkly or red, which i think would help. Everyones dolls look so great btw! Hoping for better luck moving forward. Good vibes to all of you too!
    I play three games on iOS devices.
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    #MoreAds4Kstars
    #FixTheWine
  • Options
    mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    My latest look... felt like I took a risk with this one but it turned out doing well!! I think I saw others mention this, but I watched a video to reuse an item, and it showed it as unlocked but I still got the “you can’t submit a look with a locked item” or something error when trying to submit the look... hope this gets fixed! 

Here’s a close up of the necklace!! I love the details, I think it’s really cute.

platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • Options
    BunhunBunhun Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    As a relatively new player (less than a year), I'm pretty disappointed that I might never finish a SYS. I only had one chance to participate in the old version and I do like voting and achieving all the fun prizes along the way; but I don't plan on buying tickets and I don't have a massive closet (yet...) so it's pretty depressing 😞 As many folks have mentioned here, having other ways to either earn points or tickets would be really great ❤️

That said, I'm having fun making winter looks and am averaging low 40s for my looks, so maybe it will just take time to learn how to get those points higher 😅
  • Options
    puapua Registered Users, Member 196 Posts
    @mikaylachimo, I will indeed go back & try  brown again but probably towards the end of the four days. Thanks for your suggestion.☺
    Speaking of platinum white hair, I think the new silver necklace looks great with super light hair.

Amazon Kindle player but if you are Android, you can now add me too!
    Facebook: Deepika Kkh
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    kristiazd said:
    I briefly breezed through this last page of posts and didn’t see anyone having my problem, but is anyone else not earning tickets anymore? I only got 4 or 5 looks in before the timer stayed at 0:00 with 0 tickets. Like, WTF.
    This happened to me twice! Very annoying it means I’m a little behind and in this SYS time is precious if you are ever to reach the last item! 
  • Options
    Fairytale said:
    I still dont have the trendsetter tab, my friend got it yesterday, am i doing something wrong?

Ok nvm, i guess im just one of the people who arent getting it.. shame i got so excited when my friend showed it to me :/
    Don't worry, it happens to everyone. I didn't get the first revamped SYS from two weeks ago either. The following week, I did but I wasn't into the businesswoman look from last week's SYS. Too bad because the first SYS had that really lovely sideswept wavy hair that I really wanted. 
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
  • Options
    RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited December 2018
    A few people ahead of me on the Trendsetters list have bought tickets, so I’m not worrying about 1st place...But I submitted a few hours ago and then checked out the outfits of the dolls in my ranking list, and the person in 1st just straight-up copied my entire outfit head-to-toe! It’s not even a very Winter Wonderland-themed look. It’s so annoying  :D

• Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Rikk said:
    I know there’s a lot of complaints about the new method for the SYS events, but here’s my positive take on it: the main benefit of this type of event for me is that I don’t have to spend approx. 40 k-stars on some item I’ll never use just to participate. (My personal example is those sparkly boots we had to buy from a SYS back in the day...does anyone else still have unused stuff from SYS events that they had to buy?)

I like that I can participate, win some items and miscellaneous prizes, and my k-stars stay intact. I don’t care so much about getting the hair because the “deluxe hair” prizes are often comically long and/or silly-looking.

If I had to choose between paying my precious k-stars on something I hate and possibly missing out on a hairstyle, I’d rather miss out on a hairstyle. My fave hairstyles are already in my closet at the moment. I miss out on lots of stuff as a free player and I’m cool with that. 
    See, I completely disagree with this. I liked in the old SYS that the outfit had to contain an item - it made styling more interesting and forced people to actually be somewhat on-theme. The bar was pretty low maybe 30 kstars on an item but then you were pretty much guaranteed to finish the event. I'll take that any day over having to pay for tickets.
    But you perspective is also totally valid.
  • Options
    Guys I submitted a look over an hour ago and it still has no votes! Has this happened to anyone else do you know why this is happening in my game? 
  • Options
    melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    Guys I submitted a look over an hour ago and it still has no votes! Has this happened to anyone else do you know why this is happening in my game? 
    Happens to me all the time! Eventually the votes will show up! 🎉🎊
  • Options
    Thanks so much it happens sometimes but it’s usually 5-10 mins an hour seems so long I thought my game was acting funny! 
  • Options
    AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Thanks so much it happens sometimes but it’s usually 5-10 mins an hour seems so long I thought my game was acting funny! 
    My game always takes one hourish to get my looks trough.
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    pua said:
    @mikaylachimo, I will indeed go back & try  brown again but probably towards the end of the four days. Thanks for your suggestion.☺
    Speaking of platinum white hair, I think the new silver necklace looks great with super light hair.

I refuse to change my doll's skin colour, but I've definitely noticed that my looks with light hair do better. Last SYS I really wondered what I did wrong to get such low votes, and my doll not being "white" enough is definitely a possibility. This time I'm going for lighter hair and I've switched the fuller lips with a thinner event pair.
    Towards the end of the week I'm going to test a well-scoring outfit on different skins to see what I find.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    These are my looks 7,8 & 9 I’m on 421pts I dunno if I’m behind or on target to finish! I’ve never finished the new SYS yet! 

• Options
    KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
    Vote for me please!
  • Options
    melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    Here are my four looks I submitted yesterday and one today! I am going for cozy wintery/classy gala ❄️💅🏻 

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Last night I got my best and worst scores with the same exact look. One android gave me 50, this is the other android

And here is my iOS

So, what’s the takeaway?  IOS voters are against blue eyed blonde dolls? No of course not, scores fluctuate. Please let’s not make this about race and color.   <3
    https://youtu.be/73lj5qJbrms
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    @kristiazd did you issue resolve? I saw your pist, then someone replying they had to wait it out. If you are still having a problem let me know and I’ll see what we can find out.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    @AliBryant @mikaylachimo Thank you! It’s working! I wish I would’ve figured this out sooner. Blonde hair and less casual outfits are definetely the way to go!

The snowy sys hair looks way better in blonde, I want it much more now:D I’m probably gonna miss it by a few points again. So annoying, I wish they would listen to our feedback and lower the points a bit.
    iOS
  • Options
    You guys, can we have a separate Trendsetters thread? I feel like the discussion involving SYS this week usually just pertains to Trendsetters. if it was seperate, I feel that those who don't have it won't have to feel so alienated and lacking. It kinda stirs up anger and resentment towards the competition. I dunno, just my opinion. 
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    @alice_kkh I'm glad it's working for you!
    iOS
  • Options
    My two looks. I think that hair color works just as well as blonde. 

• Options
    FairytaleFairytale Registered Users, Member 386 Posts
    edited December 2018
    pua said:
    Fairytale said:

Don't worry, it happens to everyone. I didn't get the first revamped SYS from two weeks ago either. The following week, I did but I wasn't into the businesswoman look from last week's SYS. Too bad because the first SYS had that really lovely sideswept wavy hair that I really wanted. 
    Yeah but its not a very good system if you ask me, i didnt like the ones before that i actually got to be a part of and im absolutely in love with this one, its not really fair, i think everyone should at least have a chance :(
  • Options
    Posting how your doll did in the same outfit on one platform vs the other is indicative of nothing, since we have no way of knowing which look they were paired up against in each case. Can we not try to invalidate the opinions of others? Rushing to prove people wrong about their own experience is part of the problem. 

Anyway, I'm continuing to make my doll look like Ice Princess Barbie, and you've seen all my looks posted here. It hasn't failed me yet, so I'm sticking with it.
    iOS
  • Options
    Fairytale said:
    pua said:
    Fairytale said:

Yeah but its not a very good system if you ask me, i didnt like the ones before that i actually got to be a part of and im absolutely in love with this one, its not really fair, i think everyone should at least have a chance :(
    Definitely not a good system and unfair. Some of us, myself included still haven’t gotten to enter any of the three trendsetters... 
  • Options
    @Amilicious great idea using the icy blue hair! 
    iOS
  • Options
    I barely ever see male dolls in the voting booth, maybe one out of 50 pairs??? what are the chances they look so much alike? Haha

iOS