Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

A new forum! 150$ Raised of 150$

shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts
So, the past few months I've been on here, watching people come and go, and now it seems that this rate of leaving has increased astronomically. Almost every DAY now, another well respected player is leaving, because 90% of these new players are scammers.

And NOTHING is being done about it.

But something can.

See, the simple fact is, like it or not, this forum is dying. You can say it's ok, but that's comparable to putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

It's rediculous!

SO... I've got a solution that I'm going to act on no matter who is with me.

Here's my little spiel.

It's been brought up a few times, moving to a different forum. But the brick wall in our way always seems to be money. So I've done some research, and this is all we really need

A domain (12$)

Xenforo forum software (140$)

A 60$ Addon for Xenforo (60$) [I'll explain this later]

So, thats a grand total of 212$

More than most of us are willing to spend, right?

Well, actually, not necessarily.

Think of it. Your average turf car sells between 15 and 20 bucks right?

This means that if people gave up their profit on only 10-13 turfs, and pooled this cash together, we could have ourselves a shiny new forum.

Why Leave This Forum?

I like this forum, I really do. I think it's a great community. But, fact is, it's GDFR.

But there's some other great benefits of this idea.

1. COMPLETE CONTROL over who gets kicked off the forums. No more 321run.
2. A PROPER, FUNCTIONING Vouching System that doesn't get wiped randomly
3. IF the 60$ addon is bought, we could have an individual gallery for each player to post pictures of the cars they have for sale. No more confusion over tinypic. *This addon isn't needed immediately so the upfront cost could be 150 instead of 210*

I want all feedback. Positive, negative, or downright abuse, I don't care. At least this is pushing us in the right direction nonetheless.

*As many of yall are busy at college and such, I'd just like to say that I'll take on full responsibility of the development of this thing. *
Prev1345678

Comments

• Options
    EVO9FQ360EVO9FQ360 Registered Users 1,282 Posts
    Lol I think we should just stick to this forum :)
  • Options
    Stoner ProblemsStoner Problems Registered Users 6,064 Posts
    That would be awesome! I would go there instead of here
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ign: Quit Complaining
    Ign: J3T L1FE
    Ign: boosted917
  • Options

That would be awesome! I would go there instead of here

Sweet! Good to know somebody else thinks this would work.
  • Options
    Shadey960Shadey960 Registered Users 9,345 Posts
    Its nice to move but the moderators just need to work thats it

• Options
    Shadey960 said:

Its nice to move but the moderators just need to work thats it

That's the thing man. They ain't gonna work. It's been MONTHS and nothing's changed.
  • Options
    TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts
    edited October 2015
    Running a new site is differcult. Maybe make a new Facebook group and start to build members.

Make some of the active and legit forum members as admin, so we can take care of scammers which isn't supported here.
  • Options
    Shadey960Shadey960 Registered Users 9,345 Posts
    I agree with you but they have their moments

• Options
    edited October 2015

Running a new site is differcult. Maybe make a new Facebook group and start to build members.

Make some of the active and legit forum members as admin, so we can take care of scammers which isn't supported here.

Ain't difficult for you if I'm the one doing it ;)

And yeah once it's up I definitely have a few people in mind I'd like as staff.
  • Options
    My team has a private fb group that we share tunes and etc. It's easy to manage a fb group.
  • Options

My team has a private fb group that we share tunes and etc. It's easy to manage a fb group.

But not everyone has facebook, and I'm aiming for a forum because fb groups are more private for small groups. I want this to accept lots of new people and be an actual forum.
  • Options
    KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    shtoobie said:

Spill the beans, spill the beans lol. In my opinion this can go either way,

we need to be sponsored by cie/glu and that means this forum needs to be gone. The reason we need them is so we can sort out in game problems with bans. Otherwise if we contact glu then they will most likely tell us to go away.

The other way is happy days, no scammers, a large trust base and fame... There will still be some who will scam but you could sort it out by banning them from the forums... Problem is they could just create another account unless you ban their IP address
  • Options
    DJDUHFHSIANTEMPDJDUHFHSIANTEMP Registered Users 4,151 Posts
    Kingklutz said:

shtoobie said:

we need to be sponsored by cie/glu and that means this forum needs to be gone. The reason we need them is so we can sort out in game problems with bans. Otherwise if we contact glu then they will most likely tell us to go away.

The other way is happy days, no scammers, a large trust base and fame... There will still be some who will scam but you could sort it out by banning them from the forums... Problem is they could just create another account unless you ban their IP address
    What if they use a VPN?
  • Options

Kingklutz said:

shtoobie said:

Snip

What if they use a VPN?
    Wouldn't that be a pain to setup... I don't know much about technology lmao

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    Kingklutz said:

shtoobie said:

Can't spill the beans til I get the money for the forum :trollface:

CIE won't sponsor us, that much is clear but like you said, IP bans are easy enough to set in place and as long as our forum is risk free, I say screw the other people lol
  • Options
    Ip bans are pretty useless if they are using a VPN.
  • Options

Kingklutz said:

shtoobie said:

What if they use a VPN?
    I love vpns when you get to use them....

Thing is I'll probably know the original IP if they get banned in the first place so I can always go all hacker with a DDOS LOL
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    Anyways. We need 5 people on board with this willing to donate 2 turf cars worth of money to this so start tagging!

@Bfrail @donnydeboss @TheGangsta @forsakened_one @JacobwaItonater
  • Options
    I'm willing to be a admin on there since I'm active af
  • Options

I'm willing to be a admin on there since I'm active af

But are you willing to help fund this? Because those people while not garunteed a staff position definitely get some favor in my eyes
  • Options
    Prob not. I dont have any money
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    shtoobie said:

But not everyone has facebook, and I'm aiming for a forum because fb groups are more private for small groups. I want this to accept lots of new people and be an actual forum.
    Fb is not small, I'm in a few group with 1000+ members. And it's absolutely free.
  • Options
    EVO9FQ360EVO9FQ360 Registered Users 1,282 Posts
    edited October 2015
    M
    shtoobie said:

Me= staff lol
  • Options
    shtoobie said:

It's been brought up a few times, moving to a different forum. But the brick wall in our way always seems to be money. So I've done some research, and this is all we really need

A domain (12$)

Xenforo forum software (140$)

A 60$ Addon for Xenforo (60$) [I'll explain this later]

So, thats a grand total of 212$

More than most of us are willing to spend, right?

Well, actually, not necessarily.

Think of it. Your average turf car sells between 15 and 20 bucks right?

This means that if people gave up their profit on only 10-13 turfs, and pooled this cash together, we could have ourselves a shiny new forum.

@DJDUHFHSIANTEMP
  • Options

shtoobie said:

Fb is not small, I'm in a few group with 1000+ members. And it's absolutely free.
    Still, not everyone has nor wants to put their real name on a trading group, myself included.
  • Options
    EVO9FQ360 said:

M

shtoobie said:

Me= staff lol
    Willing to help fund it? Lol
  • Options
    shtoobie said:

shtoobie said:

Still, not everyone has nor wants to put their real name on a trading group, myself included.
    Lol I just sign up fb with a dummy email and joined groups. If you don't want real profile in there. Use a dummy new account for those groups
  • Options
    I'm not that active until I get a phone sooooo.... Maybe later lol
  • Options
    iSpell4LifeiSpell4Life Registered Users 1,780 Posts
    This is a great idea @shtoobie just keep the good support coming guys :)