Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

A new forum! 150$ Raised of 150$

Comments

• Options
    shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts
    Bump. 40$ raised!
  • Options
    eddiewardeddieward Registered Users 825 Posts
    I'm with you, let's make this a reality ;)
  • Options
    eddieward said:

I'm with you, let's make this a reality ;)

It can be we just need the other 100 bucks lol. Even a 20 dollar donation helps a ton. That's one turf car
  • Options
    Slick TangSlick Tang Registered Users 83 Posts
    About time for a change!! If we get this up and going, we better make sure only for LEGIT people with 20+ Live vouches! We'll facetime all Live vouches!
  • Options
    KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    edited October 2015
    Problem is I have like 10 vouches now and I've been here for ages doing many deals @Slick Tang
  • Options
    eddiewardeddieward Registered Users 825 Posts
    Donations $20+ should have some ownership don't you think?
  • Options
    Kingklutz said:

Problem is I have like 10 vouches now and I've been here for ages doing many deals @Slick Tang

The forum isn't a private forum for only legit people, or else we would get no new people. Rather its a forum that takes immediate and serious action on those who DO scam.
    eddieward said:

Donations $20+ should have some ownership don't you think?

Ownership of the site? No they could screw something up lol.

Perks? I have a few in mind ;)
  • Options
    vladdroidvladdroid Registered Users 1,322 Posts
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Please do it lol. Sounds like a great idea. Every player has a page with their cars and prices ect... If it's actually gonna progress into a working forum, I got PayPal for some $$ donations for u guys lol. :wink:
  • Options
    I think this could work but I don't have any sort of way I can process money, unless I commit fraud and make a PayPal account lmao, not worth the risk though
  • Options
    Kingklutz said:

I think this could work but I don't have any sort of way I can process money, unless I commit fraud and make a PayPal account lmao, not worth the risk though

Aha your no use to us in jail
  • Options
    vladdroid said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Please do it lol. Sounds like a great idea. Every player has a page with their cars and prices ect... If it's actually gonna progress into a working forum, I got PayPal for some $$ donations for u guys lol. :wink:

We already have 40 dollars "pledged" plus I may try to bring in 10 or 15 myself. If you could sell even one turf car and donate the money to our cause it would help a ton. The only barrier right now is you guys
    We need the money and after that the job gets passed to me
  • Options
    Bump et up
  • Options
    OMGCANADAOMGCANADA Registered Users 882 Posts
    I'm down I can even help with the cash.. **** I spend 200 a week on ether cars or gems lol
  • Options
    OMGCANADAOMGCANADA Registered Users 882 Posts
    Don't get me wrong I love this forum gotten some really great cars and thankfuly haven't been scammed yet. But something different would be a lot nicer and us as players having control would be alot better
  • Options
    OMGCANADA said:

I'm down I can even help with the cash.. **** I spend 200 a week on ether cars or gems lol

LOL wanna give us a week of your time ;)
  • Options
    kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    I like the idea and will try to support
    as long as you invite me lol
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• Options

I like the idea and will try to support
    as long as you invite me lol

It's literally the same thing as this except we control it. Everyone's invited until you scam. Then you're out forever.
  • Options
    Oooo $90
  • Options
    Also as a side note, we've reached 90 dollars!!!
  • Options
    I think we should have a set of people specific for the scamming, they get given evidence and they decide if they scammed
  • Options
    Kingklutz said:

I think we should have a set of people specific for the scamming, they get given evidence and they decide if they scammed

Bro, I have so many ideas that it would blow your mind. It covers this as well as like 10 other things. But I'm not disclosing ANYTHING until we get funded ;)
  • Options
    shtoobie said:

Kingklutz said:

Bro, I have so many ideas that it would blow your mind. It covers this as well as like 10 other things. But I'm not disclosing ANYTHING until we get funded ;)
    Aww at least let me have first peeks ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Kingklutz said:

shtoobie said:

Kingklutz said:

Aww at least let me have first peeks ;)
    We've reached over 50% of our goal in just over a day. This is going to happen. You can wait my friend :tongue:
  • Options
    I have never scammed so I guess im in lol

• Options
    and yay for no more 321run and inmygarage

• Options
    chrisjrab59chrisjrab59 Registered Users 544 Posts
    I think it's a great idea, but the issues some of these wise people have presented is precisely why I haven't already done it myself without a fundraiser. I'm a professional webmaster, it would take me an afternoon to throw together a twice beautiful and functioning forum than this, but it wouldn't work for various reasons as people are pointing out. Best thing to do is find friends you like on here and trade/sell Amongst them like the Facebook groups or Kik groups etc.
  • Options

I think it's a great idea, but the issues some of these wise people have presented is precisely why I haven't already done it myself without a fundraiser. I'm a professional webmaster, it would take me an afternoon to throw together a twice beautiful and functioning forum than this, but it wouldn't work for various reasons as people are pointing out. Best thing to do is find friends you like on here and trade/sell Amongst them like the Facebook groups or Kik groups etc.

Your view is respectfully noted. That being said, I AM up to this task which means there really is no reason not to do this.

All the negative viewpoints on this thread at least have been stating that running a site is "difficult" Yeah, it is. Not going to lie it's gonna suck up a few weeks of my time perfecting this thing. But I'm willing to do it, which is why this is going to work.
  • Options
    teenapp78teenapp78 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 810 Posts
    I like the fb idea! Set the cutoff for 20-30 legit deals to be accepted, with zero tolerance for scammers! If you don't have fb, oh well!
  • Options
    JustAnonymousJustAnonymous Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 2,482 Posts
    I dislike fb. Too much. Hands down.
  • Options
    teenapp78 said:

I like the fb idea! Set the cutoff for 20-30 legit deals to be accepted, with zero tolerance for scammers! If you don't have fb, oh well!

I dislike fb. Too much. Hands down.

Couldn't agree more @JustAnonymous

This is why

1. Not everyone has nor wants facebook
    2. It's horribly Unorgnaized
    3. No real way to deal with scammers.
    4. No easy to access vouching system
    5. And it's PRIVATE. I can't stress enough that I'm not aiming for a private group here guys! I want new members, or else the economy is going to die because eventually the cars we trade are going to get passed around so much that everyone has already owned it and doesn't want it.

I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather a forum.