Options

GLOBAL 07/09/2015 and LEAGUE PVP

Comments

• Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I will try to be a little more diligent in the future. I have been in the process of coming up with a plan for my play of this game and I now have a tentative plan that, I am sure, will draw criticism and maybe even scorn, but here it is:

As I have posted earlier, I am abandoning my experiment with the Amazon platform and from here on out will play only free energy credits when time and interest allow.

As to the IOS platform, I am about to end my six week boycott of giving money to Glu. The program is finally working on my iPad and I am prepared to resume play, albeit at a less intense level than before. I intend to actively contest all four Globals, though I will probably not exceed 8500 on most weekends. I intend to invest enough to allow me to do a Base upgrade during the course of the month, to upgrade a Tesla and a Heavy each month and to make some headway on Drone development. These three tasks cannot be accomplished without Gold purchases, so I intend to buy in to finance Global competitions, which allows me to kill two birds with one stone: win weapons, and get diamonds for the required upgrades. In no event will I be looking for a top 10 finish, with the glory of the top weapon, which I used to do with some frequency.

This weekend is my first test: no money invested yet, and no decision as to whether I will go for a Top 30 finish or a Silver League weapons craft.

Is there any other way? :)
    100% with you on that one Bradr752.
    My humble disagreement is that I believe we can keep up with upgrading everything WE REALLY NEED, without spending a dime, subject of course to the time we all have available for CKS.
    No, you cannot get in TOP-30 or even TOP-90 in a global without spending gold
    No, you cannot have a 369K drone without spending gold
    No, you cannot get a VIP weapon (but who cares?) without spending gold
    BUT
    Yes, you can keep up with the TIER upgrades by spending time
    Yes, you can keep up with the weapons upgrades by spending time
    Yes, you can have a decent drone by spending time.

It is obvious that spending is a must in this game.
    If it's time or gold, it's up to each one to decide.
    In this case, TIME IS GOLD! :-)

PS. Can you please stop use fancy words like "tentative", "albeit" or "scorn"? What are you, a politician? :-)
    Those of us not being from USA, UK or AUS cannot keep up with you man! hehehehehehe
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    I will try to be a little more diligent in the future. I have been in the process of coming up with a plan for my play of this game and I now have a tentative plan that, I am sure, will draw criticism and maybe even scorn, but here it is:

As I have posted earlier, I am abandoning my experiment with the Amazon platform and from here on out will play only free energy credits when time and interest allow.

As to the IOS platform, I am about to end my six week boycott of giving money to Glu. The program is finally working on my iPad and I am prepared to resume play, albeit at a less intense level than before. I intend to actively contest all four Globals, though I will probably not exceed 8500 on most weekends. I intend to invest enough to allow me to do a Base upgrade during the course of the month, to upgrade a Tesla and a Heavy each month and to make some headway on Drone development. These three tasks cannot be accomplished without Gold purchases, so I intend to buy in to finance Global competitions, which allows me to kill two birds with one stone: win weapons, and get diamonds for the required upgrades. In no event will I be looking for a top 10 finish, with the glory of the top weapon, which I used to do with some frequency.

This weekend is my first test: no money invested yet, and no decision as to whether I will go for a Top 30 finish or a Silver League weapons craft.

My humble disagreement is that I believe we can keep up with upgrading everything WE REALLY NEED, without spending a dime, subject of course to the time we all have available for CKS.
    BUT

PS. Can you please stop use fancy words like "tentative", "albeit" or "scorn"? What are you, a politician? :-)
    Those of us not being from USA, UK or AUS cannot keep up with you man! hehehehehehe
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    BUT

I don't know if you're aware of this, but BRADR752 has a history. He was once one of those high rollers that we observe and are amazed by. Once the game glitches and bugs got out of hand he almost lost interest in the game entirely. He started hanging with us "menial folk" **SMILES**. Now that the game has reached an acceptable level of stability for him, he's hearing The Call of The Wild, so to speak ... we can't keep a thoroughbred fenced in forever. He definitely knows what he is doing ... KUDOS
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    Looking back, where the miscommunication was for me was that you said my "score" should get me 10 parts, in lieu of saying my rank would get me 10 parts.

Agreed ... my choice of words, in retrospect, was poor. At times communicating with me requires a crystal ball LOL ... now what did he really mean by that? What is he really asking me?

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    BUT

I hope you are right, but a "core upgrade" program, consisting of a full Base upgrade each month, full Heavy and Tesla upgrades each month and some progress oon the Drone, would appear to require laying out some capital. Scorpion's estimate of 29 M to fully upgrade the Tier 12 Base looks right, my recent upgrade of the Huginn Heavy costover 11 M, and a new Tesla will cost at least that much. A single level upgrade of your Drone will cost 2 to 4 M. That is 55 M Diamonds just to break even for the month. That doesn't include a new Sniper and Assault which will be required for the next campaign.

Assuming that your average Vault is 20 K, which is pretty optimistic for the average player, it would require 2750 battles to get the 55 M, that's nearly a hundred a day. Of course your Diamond production would take care of some of that, but still a pretty tall order. Maybe you can do that without putting money in but I bet it can't be done while getting a decent night's sleep. I am reconciled to giving Glu a little, though it still pains me to do it.
  • Options
    I hope you are right, but a "core upgrade" program, consisting of a full Base upgrade each month, full Heavy and Tesla upgrades each month and some progress oon the Drone, would appear to require laying out some capital. Scorpion's estimate of 29 M to fully upgrade the Tier 12 Base looks right, my recent upgrade of the Huginn Heavy costover 11 M, and a new Tesla will cost at least that much. A single level upgrade of your Drone will cost 2 to 4 M. That is 55 M Diamonds just to break even for the month. That doesn't include a new Sniper and Assault which will be required for the next campaign. Maybe you can do that without putting money in but I bet it can't be done while getting a decent night's sleep. I am reconciled to giving Glu a little, though it still pains me to do it.

Well the key words in my post were "what WE REALLY NEED".
    Some things we must not say in public (because Angels will kill us hehe) but do you really need a fully upgraded 13.5 TESLA to take your opponents down after next week? Do I REALLY need a full upgraded 12.5 heavy right now? All I'm saying is, I get things done my way, get my 6-8 hours sleep every night and look forward for the next challenge. :)

PS. Check this please: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?158973-Base-Upgrades&p=336946#post336946
  • Options
    I hope you are right, but a "core upgrade" program, consisting of a full Base upgrade each month, full Heavy and Tesla upgrades each month and some progress oon the Drone, would appear to require laying out some capital. Scorpion's estimate of 29 M to fully upgrade the Tier 12 Base looks right, my recent upgrade of the Huginn Heavy costover 11 M, and a new Tesla will cost at least that much. A single level upgrade of your Drone will cost 2 to 4 M. That is 55 M Diamonds just to break even for the month. That doesn't include a new Sniper and Assault which will be required for the next campaign.

Assuming that your average Vault is 20 K, which is pretty optimistic for the average player, it would require 2750 battles to get the 55 M, that's nearly a hundred a day. Of course your Diamond production would take care of some of that, but still a pretty tall order. Maybe you can do that without putting money in but I bet it can't be done while getting a decent night's sleep. I am reconciled to giving Glu a little, though it still pains me to do it.

Told you he knew what he was doing **SMILES** Lead on my brother ... Lead On !!!
  • Options
    Some things we must not say in public (because Angels will kill us hehe) but do you really need a fully upgraded 13.5 TESLA to take your opponents down after next week? Do I REALLY need a full upgraded 12.5 heavy right now? All I'm saying is, I get things done my way, get my 6-8 hours sleep every night and look forward for the next challenge. :)

PS. Check this please: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?158973-Base-Upgrades&p=336946#post336946

You're missing the most important aspect of his decision ... it's not about what WE need, but rather what HE wants and believe me what he wants far outpaces what we need.
  • Options

What you say is correct, particularly with regard to the Tesla. The Heavy is another story. My brand new fully upgraded Huginn weighs in at 619 K. My current average short opponent is a maxxed out Tier 12 base at 362 K, with an average Vault of 30 K. I still require a Medkit 30% of the time and am using an occasional Hand Grenade as well. A maxxed out tier 12 base with a 369 K Drone requires a couple of Medkits, sometimes three, even with that massive Heavy.

Of course, the solution to that is to avoid Short contests, but an endless stream of the same Long scenario is not fun for me.

Obviously, I could go after easier targets, but then my take of Diamonds would drop dramatically and I needs those Diamonds to get the upgrades done. It's a dilemma.

The other solution is to reconcile oneself with the notion of not staying current, to play the free credits and have fun. That is a great solution, but the reality is Tier 13 Bases will be here before you know it and you 11.0 Heavy ain't going to crack those babies.

I never intended my original post to stand as the "definitive" way the game should be played. A number of players on this Forum and worked out cost efficient, even cost free, ways to succeed at this game. I really respect that approach. I only intended to let folks know my current approach to the game. I would be real surprised if that approach worked for anybody else. (Hey, it may not even work for me.)
  • Options
    What you say is correct, particularly with regard to the Tesla. The Heavy is another story. My brand new fully upgraded Huginn weighs in at 619 K. My current average short opponent is a maxxed out Tier 12 base at 362 K, with an average Vault of 30 K. I still require a Medkit 30% of the time and am using an occasional Hand Grenade as well. A maxxed out tier 12 base with a 369 K Drone requires a couple of Medkits, sometimes three, even with that massive Heavy.

Of course, the solution to that is to avoid Short contests, but an endless stream of the same Long scenario is not fun for me.

Obviously, I could go after easier targets, but then my take of Diamonds would drop dramatically and I needs those Diamonds to get the upgrades done. It's a dilemma.

The other solution is to reconcile oneself with the notion of not staying current, to play the free credits and have fun. That is a great solution, but the reality is Tier 13 Bases will be here before you know it and you 11.0 Heavy ain't going to crack those babies.

I never intended my original post to stand as the "definitive" way the game should be played. A number of players on this Forum and worked out cost efficient, even cost free, ways to succeed at this game. I really respect that approach. I only intended to let folks know my current approach to the game. I would be real surprised if that approach worked for anybody else. (Hey, it may not even work for me.)

Ever feel like attempting to explain a personal decision or choice can sometimes cause more debating and discussion than is warranted? Some measure success by how much money they can save, others by how highly rated a newly acquired weapon is ... but the key words SUCCESS and GAME sometimes get lost in the discussion. The ONLY SUCCESS is how much FUN you're having playing the GAME ... period. It's entertainment.

At times I feel successful when I can predict the outcome of a battle or an event before it's concluded. Other times, success can be measured by how fast I can register AP in a given time frame ... but the common element is that I find it entertaining ... I only state the facts and rarely complain about things I have no control over ... I try to assist others when they stumble upon an obstacle that appears to be insurmountable ... I blow off steam, just like anyone else ... but we must all remember that this is a game, that can be expensive at times, but still a game ... we all knew what we were getting into ... playing this particular game for free is like trying to force a square peg into a round hole ... you may eventually succeed, but where's the FUN in that?
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    Going to ask this here, since the thread is active and I didn't see a response the first time I asked somewhere. When and how would someone have gotten a 13.0 Assault Gun? I don't see one in the store, and I don't recall seeing one in PVPs or VIP events. Even when offered in VIP, like the current Rockfall Tesla, it's still shown in the Store.

pm6ud.png
  • Options
    Going to ask this here, since the thread is active and I didn't see a response the first time I asked somewhere. When and how would someone have gotten a 13.0 Assault Gun? I don't see one in the store, and I don't recall seeing one in PVPs or VIP events. Even when offered in VIP, like the current Rockfall Tesla, it's still shown in the Store.

pm6ud.png

I don't have a definitive answer for you, maybe BRADR752 or someone else might, but my experiences suggest that higher rated weapons than those we're currently competing for, are available for the top players long before we can get them. My guess is that this player won this weapon weeks ago.

Super VIP, GOLD League, who knows ... most of us will never succeed at acquiring such weapons anyway, so don't think about it ... it will only frustrate you. **SMILES**
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I don't have a definitive answer for you, maybe BRADR752 or someone else might, but my experiences suggest that higher rated weapons than those we're currently competing for, are available for the top players long before we can get them. My guess is that this player won this weapon weeks ago.

Super VIP, GOLD League, who knows ... most of us will never succeed at acquiring such weapons anyway, so don't think about it ... it will only frustrate you. **SMILES**

Not frustrated, just wondered how I would be able to attain one, even if I never will. :)
  • Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    OgLcRkr.png

yxdfEPP.png
  • Options
    Not frustrated, just wondered how I would be able to attain one, even if I never will. :)

The Gold League has never competed for anything higher that a 12.5 weapon. Last week the Gold League worked on the Angel Elite Tesla 12.5 Max power 706.9 K. The 13.0 weapons come from what we have called the "Super VIP" There is a VIP going on right now. If you look at it the top Prize for 3500 Gold is the Rockfall Tesla 11.5. If you spend the 3500 Gold a whole new prize structure opens up taking you to 15000 Gold. There would be 4 additional weapons as premiums for additional purchases. Typically that would take you to a 13.0 or 13.5 gun. I have no idea what the Super VIP preems are this week. Maybe somebody who has spent the dough will post.
  • Options
    unhappy wrote: »
    OgLcRkr.png

yxdfEPP.png

CRAFTY ... you have your answer ... feeling lucky?
  • Options
    CRAFTY ... you have your answer ... feeling lucky?

Not when my Mystery Box only shows parts for a Raven (12.0) and Basilisk (12.0). Elite Mystery Box has an 11.0 Tartarus, and definitely not to win parts 10 times to craft the weapon. Maybe if I already had 40 or more.
  • Options
    it probably depends which tier you are currently in, to what you are offered in the store.

i've currently got the garduda elite 11.5* 352k max for 983 gold on a 30% offer, i expect you are being offered a completely different heavy weapon if you are in a different tier.
  • Options
    Not when my Mystery Box only shows parts for a Raven (12.0) and Basilisk (12.0). Elite Mystery Box has an 11.0 Tartarus, and definitely not to win parts 10 times to craft the weapon. Maybe if I already had 40 or more.

Live and learn for me as well ... never realized that one man's mystery box was another man's dumpster ... Oh well.
  • Options
    Live and learn for me as well ... never realized that one man's mystery box was another man's dumpster ... Oh well.

perhaps they base if off your current weapons. Since I have 11.5 secondaries, they put 12.0 in my mystery box. If I had 12.5 secondaries, they'd put the 13.0 in there. I still highly doubt they won them by rolling the mystery box parts 10 times though.
  • Options
    The Gold League has never competed for anything higher that a 12.5 weapon. Last week the Gold League worked on the Angel Elite Tesla 12.5 Max power 706.9 K. The 13.0 weapons come from what we have called the "Super VIP" There is a VIP going on right now. If you look at it the top Prize for 3500 Gold is the Rockfall Tesla 11.5. If you spend the 3500 Gold a whole new prize structure opens up taking you to 15000 Gold. There would be 4 additional weapons as premiums for additional purchases. Typically that would take you to a 13.0 or 13.5 gun. I have no idea what the Super VIP preems are this week. Maybe somebody who has spent the dough will post.

You know what I'd like to see ... put any weapon that's available up for sale ... forget these mystery boxes and sale items that only appear for certain people ... just put it up for sale and let the buyers decide if they want to buy it ... JEEZ they sure know how to make the simple seem complicated.
  • Options
    it probably depends which tier you are currently in, to what you are offered in the store.

i've currently got the garduda elite 11.5* 352k max for 983 gold on a 30% offer, i expect you are being offered a completely different heavy weapon if you are in a different tier.

I've got that offer in my heavies as well. Along with 30% off 10.5 Osiris Elite, but I have the 11.5 Medusa I'm using now, and I have the 12.5 Huggin ready to craft when I get my base and unlock Dressed to Kill, etc to need it.
  • Options
    i spoke with oldman on the global chat, he said it cost approximately 3200 gold to win both weapons, but at the same time he won a load of med packs, energy, and a ton of useless junk, so it cost him about $100.

I don't know about upgrading them, apparently the first upgrades are 1.9m cash or a shed load more gold
  • Options
    ... playing this particular game for free is like trying to force a square peg into a round hole ... you may eventually succeed, but where's the FUN in that?

Agreed. Plus I feel like if someone put something out that I'm going to be playing often, they should get a little something in return. Too many people these days feel everything should be free. It's the changing of our society. Download free music, free movies, free games. Like you, or someone said, to play for free, you need to invest a LOT of time. I've paid (and sometimes regretted it) because I don't have that much time. It's when the game, like currently, I've watched dozens of videos for free health, medkits, knives, etc and I don't get the reward, that I get upset I put money into this game. Sometimes, hours later, I get a pop up that I received my free medkit or knives, but I it's hours later and it hasn't happened when I've watched energy videos, and those I need the most instead of spending gold to get energy when it's crunch time.
  • Options
    i spoke with oldman on the global chat, he said it cost approximately 3200 gold to win both weapons, but at the same time he won a load of med packs, energy, and a ton of useless junk, so it cost him about $100.

I don't know about upgrading them, apparently the first upgrades are 1.9m cash or a shed load more gold

What is the point of spending money for 13.0 Assault and Sniper? Who cares about the Sniper, maybe the Bulldog will be OK, but I wouldn't throw money at it.
  • Options
    What is the point of spending money for 13.0 Assault and Sniper? Who cares about the Sniper, maybe the Bulldog will be OK, but I wouldn't throw money at it.

That's plenty of GOLD for any weapon. Just put it up in THE STORE and call it a day. If you win it ... FINE ... if you don't then BUY it ... if it's too expensive then PASS on it. LMAO
  • Options
    Just came across a 54K payout ... max'd TIER 12 ... max'd drone ... just up your alley BRADR752 !!! and to answer your question, nope I passed on the opportunity ... call me a chicken **SMILES** with only a MEDUSA, reality kicked in ... now if they hadn't screwed me out of my HEAVY, I might have jumped at the chance to tale home 54K diamonds ... but as fate would have it, all I can do is wave like I've done in the past all too many times ... it really sucks being on the sidelines ...

Starting to feel that competitive fervor trying to come back .... WHOA big fella ... you aint got the guns

Tongue in cheek.

I think I'll go watch "Island of Lemurs" ... this is what a once proud gladiator has been reduced to ... LEMURS ... SMH
  • Options
    Plus Oldman is on the leaderboard spending Gold to win a 12.5 Assault. It obviously works for him, but I will keep my Hundred in my pocket, thanks anyway.
  • Options
    Plus Oldman is on the leaderboard spending Gold to win a 12.5 Assault. It obviously works for him, but I will keep my Hundred in my pocket, thanks anyway.

AMEN Brother ... AMEN
  • Options
    You know what I'd like to see ... put any weapon that's available up for sale ... forget these mystery boxes and sale items that only appear for certain people ... just put it up for sale and let the buyers decide if they want to buy it ... JEEZ they sure know how to make the simple seem complicated.

They need a way for us to complete guns we didn't get all the parts for. I have the 11.5 Guitar with 40/50 parts. I'd be VERY tempted to buy some gold and do some mystery box spins if they had it in there for parts instead of guns I need all 50 parts for.

Sure, I also have the 9.5 Mercury heavy with 47/50 parts, but that's outdated since I have an 11.5 heavy now. What kind of sense does it make to have the Tartarus (11.0) in the "elite mystery box" when I have an 11.5 heavy equipped right now? That's tempting! lol.

Sounds to me that they should base the parts available in the mystery boxes on our current weapons: They should be parts available for guns we have parts already for that are also stronger than the guns we have equipped. And they should definitely be for guns that are stronger than ones we have equipped.