Options

GLOBAL 07/09/2015 and LEAGUE PVP

Comments

• Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Great to know you're OK and that you're back. Now we have a major problem and apparently the GLUTONS refuse to even acknowledge it existence, let alone remedy the situation.

I am organizing my thoughts, but there really is only one phrase that comes to mind ... THIS GAME IS BUSTED, SNAFU, FUBAR, BROKEN, etc. etc. and will NOT be fixed by the GLUTONS until we collectively STOP PLAYING INDEFINITELY UNTIL THEY FIX THIS .... this ... software ...

I feel so strongly about this, that after winning 20 parts from the global, I am boycotting the Silver League that has just started AND where I am RANKED 3rd and doing something I have never done in the history of PvP.

FORFEIT ANY CHANCES OF COMPLETING A WEAPON BY REFUSING TO COMPETE !!!

I am nominating NK14 to lead this charge. I just don't have the passion to see this to it's conclusion. Whatever you need, I will support this the best I can.

They just released a game content update and the glitches are back and worse than ever. The drones are lagging me to death and to wouldn't it be easier for you to just play for free instead of not playing at all? It's worked great for me!
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    Scorpion, if you could please dig a bit deeper, it would be of great help.
    Let me know what you have in mind exactly.
    I suggest that you start a new thread as we might need all players attention here.

PS. Thank you for the nomination! It really is a pleasant surprise and if we hadn't been talking about a game, I'd say it's an honor.

PLATINUM LEAGUE (remember this) ... 6,500 AP got me ranked at #247; simple arithmetic suggest 6,000 AP is going to get you 10 PARTS ... MAX ... TODAY .... hell in a few weeks, who knows.

This must is for sure, without an award structure in place that matches current scoring trends then the game is doomed.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    They just released a game content update and the glitches are back and worse than ever. The drones are lagging me to death and to wouldn't it be easier for you to just play for free instead of not playing at all? It's worked great for me!

Nope not playing at all is all these asses understand ...
  • Options
    Nope not playing at all is all these asses understand ...

We should start all over when GLU releases Mission impossible-rogue nation. It looks exactly like CKS.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    PLATINUM LEAGUE (remember this) ... 6,500 AP got me ranked at #247; simple arithmetic suggest 6,000 AP is going to get you 10 PARTS ... MAX ... TODAY .... hell in a few weeks, who knows.

This must is for sure, without an award structure in place that matches current scoring trends then the game is doomed.

The current system of using the same threshold levels for all three platforms is absurd!

My 4935 AP on Amazon put me in 33rd place, with 35 parts. 400 points more would have won the weapon outright. I am in a Silver league with only 7 players in it today. I will craft the Tarasque tonight with no cost and no effort at all. Meanwhile on Android the same weapon will require a full week of staying up nights. Nothing right about that!
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    The current system of using the same threshold levels for all three platforms is absurd!

My 4935 AP on Amazon put me in 33rd place, with 35 parts. 400 points more would have won the weapon outright. I am in a Silver league with only 7 players in it today. I will craft the Tarasque tonight with no cost and no effort at all. Meanwhile on Android the same weapon will require a full week of staying up nights. Nothing right about that!

The crazy part is that the same 4,935 AP would get you Jack in Google. Not one single part ... clearly something has got to give.
  • Options
    The crazy part is that the same 4,935 AP would get you Jack in Google. Not one single part ... clearly something has got to give.

Lol, asking for fairness from GLU is like asking for a corrupt free government. They wouldn't even offer you a heavy weapon for sale this week for their little mess up last week, what makes you think they will make it easier for you to get parts? In fact, it encourages people to spend more money.

In all honestly, the google field has more players than iOs and Amazon combined. Competition logically would be harder, in your case, get an iPad and start all over or continue playing on Droid. Those are your only options. Better yet, once Mission Impossible- Rogue nation comes out, be one of the very first players on the Apple platform. I'm sure it won't have the bugs this game has.
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts

I get it now.
    Thought you were talking about glitches.
    I'm with you.
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    Lol, asking for fairness from GLU is like asking for a corrupt free government. They wouldn't even offer you a heavy weapon for sale this week for their little mess up last week, what makes you think they will make it easier for you to get parts? In fact, it encourages people to spend more money.

In all honestly, the google field has more players than iOs and Amazon combined. Competition logically would be harder, in your case, get an iPad and start all over or continue playing on Droid. Those are your only options. Better yet, once Mission Impossible- Rogue nation comes out, be one of the very first players on the Apple platform. I'm sure it won't have the bugs this game has.

Well all of this is a mute point since the game is now completely broken. About the only thing it's good for now is generating diamonds ... not more Global PvP, no more crafting weapons from parts, no more League Play ... the game is FUBAR and they don't even know it .... CLASS "A" IDIOTS
  • Options
    So if GLU hasn't/doesn't want to acknowledge that a problem exists, I believe they will get an answer this coming TESLA GLOBAL. I expect the competition to be at fever pitch. Somewhere between LATE DAY #3 and DAY #4 an epiphany will start to hit the players as they realize several things (1) 35 PARTS is no longer achievable (2) if they waited TOO LONG, they've also realized that they've scored enough AP that could tip them into the GOLD LEAGUE. (3) those that were "smart" enough NOT to go for 35 parts, now realize that 20 parts, even 10 parts are hugely expensive; 6,000 - 7,000 AP.

Anyone reading this post, who is on Google Android .. do NOT play for weapons parts this weekend. It is not cost effective and extremely expensive. My advice is to sit out this event.

NK14 ... how we doing over there buddy?
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    Well all of this is a mute point since the game is now completely broken. About the only thing it's good for now is generating diamonds ... not more Global PvP, no more crafting weapons from parts, no more League Play ... the game is FUBAR and they don't even know it .... CLASS "A" IDIOTS

It seems to go back and forth. iOS has been doing much better for me. I've actually been receiving my rewards for watching videos more often than no. Sometimes it's a different reward than what it said I was getting, but a reward none-the-less. Bronze PVP winner in my bracket last night was up to 190+ when I fell asleep with over 2 hours left. Not even sure what it ended at. Hard to believe for an assault weapon. And the guy running the charge has only 242 VP, level 110? I'm still a bit confused on how VP works. It seems like when I play 3 matches, my VP goes up 5, and 5 isn't divisible by 3. Never really cared much about it to figure it out.
  • Options
    So if GLU hasn't/doesn't want to acknowledge that a problem exists, I believe they will get an answer this coming TESLA GLOBAL. I expect the competition to be at fever pitch. Somewhere between LATE DAY #3 and DAY #4 an epiphany will start to hit the players as they realize several things (1) 35 PARTS is no longer achievable (2) if they waited TOO LONG, they've also realized that they've scored enough AP that could tip them into the GOLD LEAGUE. (3) those that were "smart" enough NOT to go for 35 parts, now realize that 20 parts, even 10 parts are hugely expensive; 6,000 - 7,000 AP.

Anyone reading this post, who is on Google Android .. do NOT play for weapons parts this weekend. It is not cost effective and extremely expensive. My advice is to sit out this event.

NK14 ... how we doing over there buddy?

In case you didn't notice, I "refreshed" your thread: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?158210-HANDLES-Global-PvP-AP-Totals-and-Weapon%28s%29-Parts-Awards&p=339964#post339964

I suggest that we move this conversation over at this thread where it actually contains all the info.
    We need to make a hassle about this if we are to achieve anything.
  • Options
    In case you didn't notice, I "refreshed" your thread: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?158210-HANDLES-Global-PvP-AP-Totals-and-Weapon%28s%29-Parts-Awards&p=339964#post339964

I suggest that we move this conversation over at this thread where it actually contains all the info.
    We need to make a hassle about this if we are to achieve anything.

Very good ... I'll update stats with most recent Global and we're set. All we need do is get the attention of the GLUTONS.

OOoops I can't edit the post; please make the following changes:

Google Android
    RANK #1: 40,000+ AP
    RANK #30: 20,000+ AP
    RANK #85 8,300 AP (my last successful attempt to WIN 35 parts; 3-4 weeks ago)
    RANK #90: 8,600+ (last week)
    RANK #177: 5,555 (Global finish won 20 parts - 2x weeks back)
    RANK #247: 6,500 (Global finish won 20 parts - 1x weeks back))
    RANK #250: 5,000+ (2 weeks ago)
    RANK #250: 6,000+ (1 week ago)
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    If they can't see a death knell progression there, they are blind and clueless and care nothing about Google Play customers.
  • Options
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    They need a way for us to complete guns we didn't get all the parts for. I have the 11.5 Guitar with 40/50 parts. I'd be VERY tempted to buy some gold and do some mystery box spins if they had it in there for parts instead of guns I need all 50 parts for.

Sure, I also have the 9.5 Mercury heavy with 47/50 parts, but that's outdated since I have an 11.5 heavy now. What kind of sense does it make to have the Tartarus (11.0) in the "elite mystery box" when I have an 11.5 heavy equipped right now? That's tempting! lol.

Sounds to me that they should base the parts available in the mystery boxes on our current weapons: They should be parts available for guns we have parts already for that are also stronger than the guns we have equipped. And they should definitely be for guns that are stronger than ones we have equipped.

Did they actually listen to me, or was I just looking in the store too early? The Tarasque is available for parts in the mystery box. I lost out on 20 parts last night as I fell asleep with 2 hours left and apparently turned off my timer and went back to sleep. Couldn't defend my lead and lost it. Now, even if I finish in 1st tonight, I'll just have 40 parts, so I wasn't planning to even play for the parts today. I see the store has parts available now, although even the chance of getting the 10 parts is going to cost me probably around 270+ in gold and a nights sleep going for 1st tonight. :) Decisions, decisions.... I know it's just a primary and the only reason I want it is so I don't have to spend some diamonds on upgrading the one I can purchase with in game cash. I was talking myself into this, but now I think I've talked myself out of it. Then again, there is some fun in the hunt. :)
  • Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    there will be a 192k assault and sniper available for in game cash in 2 weeks.. why waste gold..?
  • Options
    unhappy wrote: »
    there will be a 192k assault and sniper available for in game cash in 2 weeks.. why waste gold..?

I don't consider it wasting if it adds some excitement. It's like gambling. :)

Is there another region coming in 2 weeks, and those are only available for in game case if you have that region unlocked, no? I'm still getting my feet re-wet in this game as I gave it up for a long time when I got too frustrated. Now there's some new content and tweaks that makes it a little less frustrating.
  • Options
    I don't consider it wasting if it adds some excitement. It's like gambling. :)

Is there another region coming in 2 weeks, and those are only available for in game case if you have that region unlocked, no? I'm still getting my feet re-wet in this game as I gave it up for a long time when I got too frustrated. Now there's some new content and tweaks that makes it a little less frustrating.

There's a very simple answer to your dilemma buddy.
    Play day #3, enjoy the hunt, TRY to wake up before the day ends, make sure you get the 20 parts.
    If the above is true in 18 Hours or so, you can then decide whether you feel lucky or not to spin the wheel.
  • Options
    bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    We should start all over when GLU releases Mission impossible-rogue nation. It looks exactly like CKS.

First post from a 'long time lurker'. First, thanks to Scorpion, Angels, NK14, bradr752 and all others for the interesting insights!!!

After living with all of the issues since Ver 1.0 of CKS (I have over 19000VPs at the moment on droid), I couldn't keep quiet any longer and I just wanted to weigh in and share beta info on Mission Impossible Rogue Nation....

I've been playing on my android device since the beginning and then decided to try it on my iPad. Started over and used the strategies shared here. I was then offered to install MIRN and did. So, here are my thoughts on the 'new' game.

Yes, it is THE SAME game. Characters and some maps have a new coat of paint, but it's the same core.... COMPLETE WITH THE BUGS!!!

The Good:
    - when you start from the beginning, the drone is awesome. It is equally powered with the targets and will actually take them out. I've won missions without firing a shot.
    - All the strategies we've picked up from CKS can be applied here to your benefit
    - They added a 'Stealth Mission' in addition to the Tesla (now Gause) and heavy missions where you can earn diamonds and XP points.
    - They also added the ability to 'challenge' someone from the group chat window... interesting concept that could be good or bad depending on how well it works...

The BAD:
    - even in the very beginning, I've noticed evidence of the screen lag issue. It hasn't cost me yet, but it's there
    - PVP power/health glitches: Just like in CKS, certain health levels and power levels are out of line with the match-up. eg. a single hit from the boss's machine gun killed me in PVP. I had to upgrade weapons and base to get out of the 'glitch zone'.
    - the transition from video's back to the game is worse than CKS. Especially for the 'double your money' videos. Very frustrating, kicks you out of the game, you have to re-start and you don't get the prize
    - Missions icons (the open contract ones) randomly disappear when you complete a mission and return to the mission home screen.
    - PVP matching algorithm is still the same. I've found that as soon as you upgrade a weapon above about 50%, you're immediately drawing PVP opponents from the higher tier, making it very difficult to win.

Just my 2 cents and my caution that changing the name of the same game we're playing doesn't make it a better game...
  • Options
    bajancat wrote: »
    First post from a 'long time lurker'. First, thanks to Scorpion, Angels, NK14, bradr752 and all others for the interesting insights!!!

After living with all of the issues since Ver 1.0 of CKS (I have over 19000VPs at the moment on droid), I couldn't keep quiet any longer and I just wanted to weigh in and share beta info on Mission Impossible Rogue Nation....

I've been playing on my android device since the beginning and then decided to try it on my iPad. Started over and used the strategies shared here. I was then offered to install MIRN and did. So, here are my thoughts on the 'new' game.

Yes, it is THE SAME game. Characters and some maps have a new coat of paint, but it's the same core.... COMPLETE WITH THE BUGS!!!

The Good:
    - when you start from the beginning, the drone is awesome. It is equally powered with the targets and will actually take them out. I've won missions without firing a shot.
    - All the strategies we've picked up from CKS can be applied here to your benefit
    - They added a 'Stealth Mission' in addition to the Tesla (now Gause) and heavy missions where you can earn diamonds and XP points.
    - They also added the ability to 'challenge' someone from the group chat window... interesting concept that could be good or bad depending on how well it works...

The BAD:
    - even in the very beginning, I've noticed evidence of the screen lag issue. It hasn't cost me yet, but it's there
    - PVP power/health glitches: Just like in CKS, certain health levels and power levels are out of line with the match-up. eg. a single hit from the boss's machine gun killed me in PVP. I had to upgrade weapons and base to get out of the 'glitch zone'.
    - the transition from video's back to the game is worse than CKS. Especially for the 'double your money' videos. Very frustrating, kicks you out of the game, you have to re-start and you don't get the prize
    - Missions icons (the open contract ones) randomly disappear when you complete a mission and return to the mission home screen.
    - PVP matching algorithm is still the same. I've found that as soon as you upgrade a weapon above about 50%, you're immediately drawing PVP opponents from the higher tier, making it very difficult to win.

Just my 2 cents and my caution that changing the name of the same game we're playing doesn't make it a better game...

I thank you for sharing !!!
  • Options
    There's a very simple answer to your dilemma buddy.
    Play day #3, enjoy the hunt, TRY to wake up before the day ends, make sure you get the 20 parts.
    If the above is true in 18 Hours or so, you can then decide whether you feel lucky or not to spin the wheel.

Yeah. That's my thoughts. Hopefully if I win the 20 parts, the mystery box doesn't change too soon. It's all going to come down to how difficult a win today will be. Monday 1st and 2nd were near or above 200. I didn't see it till the end, so I'm not sure, but they were both around 190 with hours left. Last night, I was in 1st with only 114. An early rabbit ran from 38 to 108 in about an hour and then sat there for 9 hours. I'm guessing he was in a time zone that he ran it up, went to bed, then got up before the event ended and did what was needed to take me back over. Can't tell since Glu refuses to show you official results of the scores after it ends, just tells you were you placed. I had set an alarm to wake up 20 minutes before the end to defend my place, but apparently sleep was more important last night and I turned it off and went back to sleep without even realizing I did it.

The long story is that for a primary, I'd rather not waste too much sleep and gold. I've got the 12.5 heavy waiting, and will most likely make it a priority to try for the next tesla.

I wish there was a way this game could be fair to all time zones, I just don't see how. My biggest gripe is that it's apparently based on where Glu is located. In the PST time zone. Which, for most of the world is ok, with exception to those of us East of there in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and South America. We are all most likely in bed by then. Europe should be up and going about their day when the event ends. So Glu, a company based in the U.S. of A. Screws out the majority of it's own nation. Almost half of the population in the U.S. live in the Eastern time zone, which makes it the worse for us on time of the event ending, with exception to a good chunk of South America, small portion of Canada, and Greenland. IMHO anyway.
  • Options

The Good:

The BAD:

Thanks right back at you bajancat for sharing and contributing in this labyrinth.
    Don't be a stranger, OK? :)
  • Options
    Yeah. That's my thoughts. Hopefully if I win the 20 parts, the mystery box doesn't change too soon. It's all going to come down to how difficult a win today will be. Monday 1st and 2nd were near or above 200. I didn't see it till the end, so I'm not sure, but they were both around 190 with hours left. Last night, I was in 1st with only 114. An early rabbit ran from 38 to 108 in about an hour and then sat there for 9 hours. I'm guessing he was in a time zone that he ran it up, went to bed, then got up before the event ended and did what was needed to take me back over. Can't tell since Glu refuses to show you official results of the scores after it ends, just tells you were you placed. I had set an alarm to wake up 20 minutes before the end to defend my place, but apparently sleep was more important last night and I turned it off and went back to sleep without even realizing I did it.

The long story is that for a primary, I'd rather not waste too much sleep and gold. I've got the 12.5 heavy waiting, and will most likely make it a priority to try for the next tesla.

I wish there was a way this game could be fair to all time zones, I just don't see how. My biggest gripe is that it's apparently based on where Glu is located. In the PST time zone. Which, for most of the world is ok, with exception to those of us East of there in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and South America. We are all most likely in bed by then. Europe should be up and going about their day when the event ends. So Glu, a company based in the U.S. of A. Screws out the majority of it's own nation. Almost half of the population in the U.S. live in the Eastern time zone, which makes it the worse for us on time of the event ending, with exception to a good chunk of South America, small portion of Canada, and Greenland. IMHO anyway.

So what happened buddy? Don't leave us hanging! We don't have anything else to look forward to anyway...
  • Options
    So what happened buddy? Don't leave us hanging! We don't have anything else to look forward to anyway...

Ha ha. Well, I missed a good deal of playing yesterday due to work interfering and subconsciously knowing I wouldn't be able to craft the weapon. So I played it out for the 50 gold. Nothing exciting. Sadly, I still lost out on a good deal of sleep just to get the free gold due to how much play time I lost.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    What an elegant solution to the Android Global mess! Just don't bother to have a Global. Why didn't we think of that? Shaking my head.
  • Options
    Ha ha. Well, I missed a good deal of playing yesterday due to work interfering and subconsciously knowing I wouldn't be able to craft the weapon. So I played it out for the 50 gold. Nothing exciting. Sadly, I still lost out on a good deal of sleep just to get the free gold due to how much play time I lost.

Just venting here.... I fell victim to the EST curse AND, I suspect, the wonderful world of mysterious Tie sort outs...

With 2 hrs to play, I had to get some sleep. Turned in with a comfortable cushion over #11... woke up to the "Congrats, you're #11" message.

That 5 parts brought my total to 48!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, with no 'wildcard' parts there's a ton of effort resources and sacrificed sleep down the drain! This is the 3rd time I've ended up with 47+ parts and nothing to show for it.

Too bad we couldn't 'bank' extra parts earned during the events where we actually are able to earn the 50 parts....
  • Options
    Just venting here.... I fell victim to the EST curse AND, I suspect, the wonderful world of mysterious Tie sort outs...

With 2 hrs to play, I had to get some sleep. Turned in with a comfortable cushion over #11... woke up to the "Congrats, you're #11" message.

That 5 parts brought my total to 48!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, with no 'wildcard' parts there's a ton of effort resources and sacrificed sleep down the drain! This is the 3rd time I've ended up with 47+ parts and nothing to show for it.

Too bad we couldn't 'bank' extra parts earned during the events where we actually are able to earn the 50 parts....

If you really want those parts, check the store and the mystery box. I believe the parts are available, if your lucky. I got 10 parts in there before when I gave it a try for the first time and got 5 parts on my first spin, so that caused me to spin quite a few more times to get another 5 so I could relax on PVP that week.

I've got Heavies with 47, 40, and 20 parts. A tesla with 30. Assaults with 40, 20, 10, and 10. A Sniper with 36. WIsh there was a way to get those last few parts for some of them, others are outdated for me and wouldn't do any good.
  • Options
    If you really want those parts, check the store and the mystery box. I believe the parts are available, if your lucky. I got 10 parts in there before when I gave it a try for the first time and got 5 parts on my first spin, so that caused me to spin quite a few more times to get another 5 so I could relax on PVP that week.

I've got Heavies with 47, 40, and 20 parts. A tesla with 30. Assaults with 40, 20, 10, and 10. A Sniper with 36. WIsh there was a way to get those last few parts for some of the, others are outdated for me and wouldn't do any good.

@Crafty - Thanks for the thought!

I've only tried the wheel of fortune once for the experience. I'm sure if I spun often enough, I'd be able to get the timing down to win a part, but I'm doubtful that I'd be able to hit the mark... we'll see, if I don't have anything better to do today (or anything better to spend GOLD on), maybe I'll give it a whirl...
  • Options
    @Crafty - Thanks for the thought!

I've only tried the wheel of fortune once for the experience. I'm sure if I spun often enough, I'd be able to get the timing down to win a part, but I'm doubtful that I'd be able to hit the mark... we'll see, if I don't have anything better to do today (or anything better to spend GOLD on), maybe I'll give it a whirl...

Yeah. That's why I did my first spin, and won the parts, which caused me to do more spins. However, I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe any timing helped. I tried clicking at the same instance, and it was completely random where it stopped. I went for the reduction by buying the 10 spins after my initial first spin.
  • Options
    Yeah. That's why I did my first spin, and won the parts, which caused me to do more spins. However, I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe any timing helped. I tried clicking at the same instance, and it was completely random where it stopped. I went for the reduction by buying the 10 spins after my initial first spin.

HA! Very similar to my experience... As a new player and before the global/league events, I didn't know what to use gold for, or that it was the critical element, so I paid for 1 spin, won 100 GOLD, thought "COOL" and then wasted all that winning on more spins... I think all I got was some game cash and a couple medkits... live learn, repeat...