Options

~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Koko that is so surreal but in a nice way about the cameraman resembling your brother <3<3 I totally agree that our loved ones that have passed visit us in our dreams, we aren't just dreaming about them - they're there xxx

Hugs to you and Isabeau
    2627FFF9-71D6-400C-92EC-3E4A0EB7BACC.png_zpslyus1u86.jpeg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »
    Koko that is so surreal but in a nice way about the cameraman resembling your brother <3<3 I totally agree that our loved ones that have passed visit us in our dreams, we aren't just dreaming about them - they're there xxx

Hugs to you and Isabeau
    2627FFF9-71D6-400C-92EC-3E4A0EB7BACC.png_zpslyus1u86.jpeg

Amy, that's so sweet, thank you so much. <3
  • Options
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Just tried out Britney's game, mainly just customized my Britney doll. And I don't know if it is just my taste, or that I am used to KKH, but I feel like no other Glu game creates avatars that look as good as the ones in KKH. Kylie & Kendall were ok, but I couldn't find a face combo that didn't look kinda mad. Katy Perry avatars were flat out awful, but I think maybe that was supposed to be a more cartoonish look. And with Britney, the avatar choices are good but not great. I feel like the KKH doll facial features really show emotion and change considerably with your choice. In the other games, the choices only slightly alter the face, so it isn't nearly as expressive. I like seeing SMILES or ATTITUDE, not something half-baked.

ALSO - the action of "singing" on Britney's game is just weird looking.

I agree about your KKH thoughts, I checked Britney out in the App Store and from a Glu standpoint it looked ok. The "Reviews"'were basically a bunch of screaming fans who think Britney herself "created" and "developed" her game app and that the sun both rises and sets on her. There was very little of substance, practically zip about the game itself, and five-star and four-star ratings for *anything* will only catch my interest for a microsecond. And those stars were for Brit Brit herself, not the game. So yeah, little about the app, more about how Britney is "queen." I have little interest in a game that's going to make me a pop star anyway. I wouldn't know a BS song if it kicked me in the a$$, that's not my music, so I can't see being inundated with it. The subject, singer, and story here is not for me. But it looks like plenty of kids are into...well...something.
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    I agree about your KKH thoughts, I checked Britney out in the App Store and from a Glu standpoint it looked ok. The "Reviews"'were basically a bunch of screaming fans who think Britney herself "created" and "developed" her game app and that the sun both rises and sets on her. There was very little of substance, practically zip about the game itself, and five-star and four-star ratings for *anything* will only catch my interest for a microsecond. And those stars were for Brit Brit herself, not the game. So yeah, little about the app, more about how Britney is "queen." I have little interest in a game that's going to make me a pop star anyway. I wouldn't know a BS song if it kicked me in the a$$, that's not my music, so I can't see being inundated with it. The subject, singer, and story here is not for me. But it looks like plenty of kids are into...well...something.

I think you hit the nail on the head - I cannot get into a singer storyline either. I played a little more on my lunch break, and got to a point where I had to name a song and then design an album (or CD, I guess) cover. It gave me all these choices and options, and suddenly it occurred to me that I didn't care about doing it at all. Again, I put this all up to my personal taste; the game looks great and people who like that story will have a lot of fun with it. I think I am already done with Brit, though. I guess if the subject of the game has a very specific claim to fame (like singing or acting), it is hard to keep the game from being too geared towards that. KKH allows us to do all kinds of stuff because Kim does all kinds of stuff.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I understand your points girls, I also think the KKH dolls are prettier and the clothes are better.

I think the game has a lot of potential and you don't need to like / know Britney to find it compelling, I hardly knew Kim when I started playing KKH, and although today I have sympathy for her and her family , if I had to list the things I like in the game the participation of Kim wouldn't be something that would cross my mind, same goes for Britney if you're not a fan I believe.

Back in 2014 KKH also hadn't many career options at first, but gradually the story grew. Britney has a lot of background that can enrich the game in addition to the singing career, if this is something that prevents you from playing.

Personally I always loved to sing, even if I'm not that good doing it and as a huge Britney fan while I was growing up I totally pictured myself being a singer like her :p.

These are just my thoughts on what you spoke here, not game propaganda;)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'm enjoying the landscape orientation. I played for a while and got to look at the higher level clothes. I'm having fun with it. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Laralu529Laralu529 Registered Users 166 Posts
    Please, help a talented young lady win a scholarship for a fabulous photography course!

Just a "like" on this pic on Facebook would mean the world to her :D
    Call me Lu :)
    Android player

Add me on FB
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Hey guys, here are some photos from my recent trip to Greece :) That's my favorite place, my heaven on Earth

All photos are made just with an iPhone, no filters :)

2aew0na.jpg

6712co.jpg

2zywxmr.jpg

bgqzo4.jpg
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Beautiful pics Sassy. I love the shot with the bag, the sunnies and the beverage. The reflection in the lenses is great. Can I ask what bag that is? Is that a Chanel Diagonal Flap? The color looks just like Rebecca Minkoff's Sky, and I can't tell if it's Chanel or Rebecca Minkoff's Affair, or something else. I'm sorry - the purse nut in me is showing.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Wow so beautiful Sassy, it's really easy to tell why is your favorite place!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Koko, the bag is Zara :D it's almost identical with Chanel diagonal flap, and the color is very pale silver :) oh, and it costs just 20 eur :rolleyes:

Vatsy, yes love, its my happy place ❤️ So many amazing memories and every time I make new ones ❤️

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    I love the sunset in the picture above the purse. Thank you for sharing with us. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    I understand your points girls, I also think the KKH dolls are prettier and the clothes are better.

I think the game has a lot of potential and you don't need to like / know Britney to find it compelling, I hardly knew Kim when I started playing KKH, and although today I have sympathy for her and her family , if I had to list the things I like in the game the participation of Kim wouldn't be something that would cross my mind, same goes for Britney if you're not a fan I believe.

Back in 2014 KKH also hadn't many career options at first, but gradually the story grew. Britney has a lot of background that can enrich the game in addition to the singing career, if this is something that prevents you from playing.

Personally I always loved to sing, even if I'm not that good doing it and as a huge Britney fan while I was growing up I totally pictured myself being a singer like her :p.

These are just my thoughts on what you spoke here, not game propaganda;)

I did download it and start playing, and so far so good. But then I kept waking up every morning only to find my battery power used up, and the cell data being used way too much. I promise I wasn't playing in my sleep!:pSo I looked into it and it was the BS game. So I changed its settings, happily went about my business, played some more, and the next morning again the same thing. Britney had undone all my adjusted settings. So finally I decided I had to delete the game. I mean, I had narrowed the problems down to that app only, and it doesn't matter that I have a good data plan, and that I use wifi 98% of the time. I don't like when apps take over my phone. Unfortunate also, because I'd gotten quite a ways into the game. So I saved it, along with my progress, in the cloud--it doesn't appear in Game Center, but it's in my iCloud should a time arise when little glitches here and there are are corrected. Thank you for recommending the game; I did have a nice time while I was able to play.:)
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    I did download it and start playing, and so far so good. But then I kept waking up every morning only to find my battery power used up, and the cell data being used way too much. I promise I wasn't playing in my sleep!:pSo I looked into it and it was the BS game. So I changed its settings, happily went about my business, played some more, and the next morning again the same thing. Britney had undone all my adjusted settings. So finally I decided I had to delete the game. I mean, I had narrowed the problems down to that app only, and it doesn't matter that I have a good data plan, and that I use wifi 98% of the time. I don't like when apps take over my phone. Unfortunate also, because I'd gotten quite a ways into the game. So I saved it, along with my progress, in the cloud--it doesn't appear in Game Center, but it's in my iCloud should a time arise when little glitches here and there are are corrected. Thank you for recommending the game; I did have a nice time while I was able to play.:)

I thank you for considering my opinion and go ahead with the game. The game totally mess up with my battery too, I haven't played it too much and that is one of the reasons. Hope they fix that!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I haven't played it too much and that is one of the reasons.

I'm still trying to figure out how to balance playing all of these Glu celebrity games. I'm afraid that when Taylor Swift game and Nicki Minaj game gets officially released, their games will not fit on my devices. I'm just so tired of deleting apps because the new games takes up too much storage space. It's starting to get pretty annoying when I have to make room for the new games to fit on my devices. Smt
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how to balance playing all of these Glu celebrity games. I'm afraid that when Taylor Swift game and Nicki Minaj game gets officially released, their games will not fit on my devices. I'm just so tired of deleting apps because the new games takes up too much storage space. It's starting to get pretty annoying when I have to make room for the new games to fit on my devices. Smt

Oh Carol, I can't imagine how you manage to play all those games at the same time and on double journey!!!!

Hey do you never thought on play as a guy in one of your games?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Oh Carol, I can't imagine how you manage to play all those games at the same time and on double journey!!!!

Hey do you never thought on play as a guy in one of your games?

Me neither. I'm obsessed with dressing up my dolls that it's becoming a game addiction for me.:confused:

I never thought about playing a male doll before. But if I do though, my male doll celebrity name would be taken after my brother's government name.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    Not sure if this is the place to ask but I see so many people who say they want the Marilyn Monroe eyes and lips. What exactly do those look like lol? I don't know if I've ever seen them haha.
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    krystal wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the place to ask but I see so many people who say they want the Marilyn Monroe eyes and lips. What exactly do those look like lol? I don't know if I've ever seen them haha.

Eyes and lips were event items from GS and Christmas weekend events.
    The Marilyn Monroe set was from Christmas I believe. I don't have them, but perhaps another doll could model them for you :)
  • Options
    First, Fin you sent me a message, but I can't answer you back cause your box is full! Clean up please!

Second, I'm totally stupid, for real!

Yesterday I was with insomnia and decided to play my game, so I hung out with Kim and put her on a gig and since I wasn't sleeping I thought it's ok I won't miss this p00p, but I slept!

Lost my on a roll achivement that was at the max, dumb Vats your soooooooooooooo dumb!

Now like 148 appearances to go:mad:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Oh Vats I feel your pain! I did that the other day with my reality show gigs...ran out of energy so went to tap my pets, got talking and closed the game completely forgetting that I was in the middle of something GRRRRRRRR :mad: At least you fell asleep! I have no excuse other than I'm easily distracted lol
    First, Fin you sent me a message, but I can't answer you back cause your box is full! Clean up please!

Second, I'm totally stupid, for real!

Yesterday I was with insomnia and decided to play my game, so I hung out with Kim and put her on a gig and since I wasn't sleeping I thought it's ok I won't miss this p00p, but I slept!

Lost my on a roll achivement that was at the max, dumb Vats your soooooooooooooo dumb!

Now like 148 appearances to go:mad:
  • Options
    I don't know where to post this but I would hate to say my personal business online but I really need to say it just to get it out of my system without being judged.

Lately my family thinks that I've been distant & cold and they're taking my introversion the wrong way. They think that my behavior is abnormal. They think that I'm a lunatic and that I'm crazy.:(

And now I'm abouts to have therapy sessions and it hasn't helped me in the past. Everyone is trying to change my personality and I never understood why. I never wanted to please others & the society. I think that if I was extroverted, I wouldn't have a creative mind. And I wouldn't be who I am as an unique individual.

My family isn't 100% supportive of my future art career. They think that my goals are unrealistic and I can't imagine pursing another career that doesn't fit my artistic abilities. I really feel like a weirdo and an outcast. I just want to burst into tears right now. I know that no one in the forums can't help me to solve my personal problems but I really needed to get it out of my chest. I have no one to turn to talk too. It just saddens me that my own family has been treating me unkindly and it's very unfair to me. They don't understand me.:(
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Carol, bless your heart :( that's so sad to read, please don't change for anyone. I'm sorry you're going through that. You can pm me at anytime of the day or night if you need to chat xoxo hugs x
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Aw, Carol!

Just take a moment, talk to each member of your family in person, and alone. Let them know how you feel. I've been through this. And I know it's sooo unfair to judge a person by their choices. Is it necessary to go out and mingle with the crowd? Does that actually determine normal behavior? I don't think so. That's stereotyping! Every person is different.

Talking helps. My parents finally understood, that it's just the way I am. Good luck! <3
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Oh, Carol.. Try to talk to them. Don't change for anyone, you're just fine the way you are. Maybe you should really talk with the therapist and your parents together, something like group therapy to explain how they make you feel? Don't worry, everything will turn out OK in the end, just be strong! HUGS! xx

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Carol, we've never had much contact, but I adore your posts of the divas and Jack!

Artistic people tend to have that creative side to them that "normal people " view as absurd or wrong. It's sad how judgemental the world can be when you don't follow their views.

To quote the great GaGa, you were born this way
    And always be true to you first
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Carol Sorry you have to go through this. Everybody's unique in their own ways, everybody has their own personality, no one should change that. I hope your family understands that soon and good luck on your therapy session. Hit my inbox anytime okay, big hug <3
    PM to add
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Hi Carol. I've haven't spoken with you directly but after a few months of following the forums I kinda feel like I know all the regular posters already. I've always read your posts and have been amazed at your creativity and unique perspectives ...amazed in A GOOD WAY :) I truly hope you can work things out with your family, and that your sessions will help you! It definitely isn't nice to feel alone and frustrated. Hugs!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. Although I wished that I knew all of my forums friends personally, you all are truly caring people. That really means a lot to me.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Carol so sorry to read that, you're such a nice lady and gentle heart. I believe that the therapy will help you to handle better with your family, don't worry the professional won't try to change who you are. Hope you can develop new ways to deal with all that. Hugs dear!

SugarK wrote: »
    Oh Vats I feel your pain! I did that the other day with my reality show gigs...ran out of energy so went to tap my pets, got talking and closed the game completely forgetting that I was in the middle of something GRRRRRRRR :mad: At least you fell asleep! I have no excuse other than I'm easily distracted lol

Oh the oddities of playing this game!:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!