Options

~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Oh oops Carol when I said perm I meant curls something like what Amy and Sassy posted. But yes the older women here do get perms, the more subtle kind, enough to make them look like they have more hair than they actually do lol. The price I've said so far is from a high-end salon, I'm not sure how much the neighborhood salon costs actually. I'm sure your natural hair will grow out really quickly!

Sassy you're gorgeous, love your current hair the most! Indeed on your last pic, a "hot mess" :rolleyes:

Lol you girls make me ashamed of how lazy I am with my hair.
    PM to add
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    My hair does nothing. Nothing. I've gone to salons, they can work on me all morning, and by the 12:00 Wedding, it would once again be straight as a ruler. Long, fine hair that won't do anything. Perms just damaged my hair, although I had a pretty good run with just the top permed for a "Brooklyn Girl meets Elvira" look. But now it's grown out we're back to long straight hair. I love your hair Linda. You are a very pretty doll, Doll. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Thanks Lucy and Sassy!☺

My natural hair feels so renewed again so I'm much more happier now.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Oh oops Carol when I said perm I meant curls something like what Amy and Sassy posted. But yes the older women here do get perms, the more subtle kind, enough to make them look like they have more hair than they actually do lol. The price I've said so far is from a high-end salon, I'm not sure how much the neighborhood salon costs actually. I'm sure your natural hair will grow out really quickly!

Oh wow Nai! I thought that when you mentioned perms, I only knew what a perm is in the black community as in chemically straightening one's hair. I'm so sorry if I misinterpreted that perms are differed among Asian people.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    CONGRATULATIONS, NAI, ON THAT GORGEOUS NEW HOLLYWOOD STAR!

576d4e2e560bc.gif
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    no secrets, my hair can handle treatments, its thick and heavy.. Although I am surprised too, that it isn't damaged after bleaching it 2 times in a month lol I only use shampoo and sometimes, rarely a conditioner.. sometimes I put on keration oil and leave it to dry naturally :)

I hate you lol

My sister's hair is like that she can go from platinum to black and backwards on few weeks and her hair is always shining without any treatment!

I treat my hair every week and is always dry! And the b!cth also has a perfect hair line hate her too!

Linda that shade suits you so much and the new cut looks really modern;)!

Next on KKH forum pics of Koko as Elvira...please!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Haha Sassy when I read rarely conditioner I was like whaa.. :D and totally googled keratin oil!
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Carol and Linda, you're both so beautiful <3 and Sassy, I can't believe you don't use conditioner!!! I hate you too lol xo
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    I have the back to reality blues :( Rome was so amazing, I didn't want to leave. I got home to the sad and terrible news that the UK stupidly voted to leave the EU, which has totally crushed any plans of me moving to Italy permanently. Haha, this move has only a dream of mine since my visit, but I was just so blown away by Rome I would seriously consider living in Italy. I've spent summers working in Spain in my aunt's restaurant and a year living there during my gap year. Barcelona was my favourite city in the world until I discovered Rome! I just love the way of life in mainland Europe. Every corner we turned, there was a different piece of history even more beautiful than the last, I was literally in awe the whole time. The place is so mind blowing, it's beauty, it's history, it's language and the people (who are soooo friendly!). And how classy and glamorous are Italian women?! It was so hot and they were casually dressed to the nines in the scorching heat with not a hair or patch of makeup out of place!!!

But even within all of that beautiful culture, you can take the girl out of England, but you can't take England out of the girl lol! There was supposed to be 5 of us (3 girls sharing 1 room and 2 boys in another) but the girls had to cancel at the last minute :( that left me with the two boys so I immediately got into drinking mode with them at the airport. The first part of the trip went smoothly, we went for dinner and drinks on the first night and got drunk on the tasty but inexpensive red wine. The boys came to my room to wake me the next morning and I woke up and went to check the weather on the balcony. Because I was still half asleep and still half cut/drunk from the night before, I forgot that the balcony doors were made of glass and not invisible... There was then a huge bang and a crash as I walked into the glass, followed by blood coming from my mouth where I'd popped my lip!!! Lol needless to say, the boys were highly amused by this. I therefore had to walk around for the rest of my trip with a swollen mouth, it looked like someone had punched me :(

At the Vatican City, we missed the Pope by literally 20 minutes which I was really sad about so we just began our tour and had a drink at every chance we could. I bought a beautiful silver medallion with St Jude on (the patron saint of lost causes), the boys thought this suited me by this point! (But I actually have a small tattoo of St Jude on my hip which they don't know about hehehe :p).

Boy 1 needed a rest, so myself and Boy 2 left him to have a seat while we went shopping. I bought a handbag and Boy 2 bought t-shirts for himself and his gf. We returned to Boy 1 only to find someone had mistaken him for a homeless man and thrown a euro in his direction LMAO!!!! We went for an espresso to sober up at this beautiful little cafe, which is where the stray dog came along, lifted its leg up and proceeded to pee on my brand new handbag still delicately wrapped inside a box and shopping bag! Fml! Boy 2 then forgot his t-shirts as we walked off and didn't realise until our return to the hotel. To get my own back on him for laughing at me, I kept saying to him "Rome... Been there, done that, lost the t-shirts!".

The rest was of the trip went something along the same lines, we drank a lot, laughed a lot and had loads of fun :) however, we almost missed our flight on the way home because Boy 2 left his passport on the hotel desk upon checkout! (I swear he'd forget his head if it weren't screwed on. He said his gf usually does everything for him!).

I want to back to Rome! I want to move there <3<3
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Hahahaha! Great stories Amy :) and I'm sure there's lots more :p. I'm so happy you had an amazing time (well the parts you remember lol) and I wish I could see all your photos!!! ❤️
    AmyT wrote: »
    I want to back to Rome! I want to move there <3<3
  • Options
    hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    lhCKkPH.jpg

1. My mother
    2. People who drive too slow
    3. My mother
    4. Ho-mophobes
    5. Racist
    6. My mother

Too many list but mostly my mother.
  • Options
    Awww, If you ever need a virtual hug Hoodstar, I'm a pm away.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Amy, ahahhahahaha I am laughing so hard right now.. What happens in Rome, stays in Rome lol or is shared with forum friends :D

About Brexit, I am sad too, because I wanted to visit London next year.. also we should follow the situation now, regarding your trip to Bulgaria.. I hope you won't need visas now? :/
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Amy, ahahhahahaha I am laughing so hard right now.. What happens in Rome, stays in Rome lol or is shared with forum friends :D

About Brexit, I am sad too, because I wanted to visit London next year.. also we should follow the situation now, regarding your trip to Bulgaria.. I hope you won't need visas now? :/

Yeah, as the days go on and the more I think about it, the more frustrated and sad I feel. I really don't think most of the people who voted leave actually know what they were voting for and they probably thought it was all to do with immigration. Which is ridiculous, the law of the EU was a compulsory module during second year of my law degree and it goes much further than the free movement of people. It's a shame that the bigoted and misinformed views of some people in this country have cut us off from the EU. I really think that each voter should have been asked to answer a few questions about the EU before they were eligible to vote! I bet half of the leave voters can't even spell 'loss to the economy' or even begin to comprehend the complexities of what it actually means! (OK, that's going too far but y'know!). Sorry, can you tell I'm not happy?! It takes a lot to get me ****ed off, but for me, this is up there with racism, sexism and ****phobia.

Anyway, I hope I'll be ok for Bulgaria, I'm really not sure what will happen visa-wise in the immediate future but I'll definitely have to keep an eye on it :(
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Believe me, this is not the world I envisioned for my son. When I feel sad, and I do something good, just to put good energy out into the world. Remember how in Ghostbusters, all the bad stuff flew together and became the evil giant staypuff marshmallow man. Picture that in reverse, so all the good in the world takes over. *Ok, that sounded very flaky, but it was just Butterfly popping in. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

But seriously, I remember my international friends, along with the rest of the world when I'm feeling spiritual. I send out cyber hugs to all my friends for a better tomorrow.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Believe me, this is not the world I envisioned for my son. When I feel sad, and I do something good, just to put good energy out into the world. Remember how in Ghostbusters, all the bad stuff flew together and became the evil giant staypuff marshmallow man. Picture that in reverse, so all the good in the world takes over. *Ok, that sounded very flaky, but it was just Butterfly popping in. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

But seriously, I remember my international friends, along with the rest of the world when I'm feeling spiritual. I send out cyber hugs to all my friends for a better tomorrow.

Thank you, Koko, I appreciate the butterfly. here's one for you too <3

hoping and praying for a better tomorrow xo

F86F354A-C257-43C8-B376-61AD39651D83_zps5kisefgt.jpg
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Thank YOU Amy, your post brought out a smile, ANd reading everything here about the Brexit, I realize that whether or not I get 4 more old items is so insignificant in the big picture. :) And THAT Is a beautiful butterfly. Thank you
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, I deleted a post, because while I let the general comments about Brexit stay, they weren't hurtful, just an overview of how people affected feel.

But it's now turned into negative comments aimed at people in general, and I dont' have the inclination to sort through it. So for now, accept our sympathies for what you're going through, but I ask for no more political stuff. It's a fine line, but when it becomes heated about 'this group' or 'that group' and that's where it crosses the line.

Thanks for understanding. :)

P.S. I think I started it off by saying I felt bad for what they were going through. I still stand by that. It was much more humanitarian than political. I could have been apologizing that they were hit by a big summer snowstorm. I'm not saying it's their fault they got the snowstorm. See the difference?

So.....everything but politics and religion. And you can say someone is in their prayers, without breaking the rules. Otay, now lets have fun. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, I deleted a post, because while I let the general comments about Brexit stay, they weren't hurtful, just an overview of how people affected feel.

But it's now turned into negative comments aimed at people in general, and I dont' have the inclination to sort through it. So for now, accept our sympathies for what you're going through, but I ask for no more political stuff. It's a fine line, but when it becomes heated about 'this group' or 'that group' and that's where it crosses the line.

Thanks for understanding. :)

I would appreciate the removal of Trump as I find it offensive. And in return, I won't mention how Churchill was shafted. Because I might insult someone. Which is why I said nothing to begin with.
  • Options
    Sorry, can I just delete last my post? I don't want to go ahead and just delete it without saying so. This is why we shouldn't discuss politics and I'm really sorry if I offended anyone. That was never my intention, although I realise discussing anything of this nature can and will cross a line at some point. I'm not sure who's post or what Koko deleted in response to mine. Again, I apologise and I really don't like Koko being seen as anything other than fair or impartial. Xo
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    No you're fine. I deleted a post that didn't mean to take an accusatory tone, but it could have been taken that way. So it's all good. :) And, as I say, the poster didn't intentionally cross the line, but it's easy to sound that way. We're all in this one world together. Talk and conversation is good. I'm just overly careful to read a comment in every possible voice, and that post had some touchy voices. Love the poster, hate the post. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Amy soooo fun to read your adventures in Rome, but girl you would be the nightmare companion of my OCD habits on a trip´lol

Sorry for the Brexit, my country is on a political chaos this year and I keep wonder why things are like this now, can relate to the frustration.

Talking of frustration, I'm sick AGAIN! Third time this year. Started on Friday with a sore throat and got really awful at dawn on Saturday to Sunday with a huge fever that doesn't go away.

I woke up dizzy and feeling my body on flames, I thought I was going to throw up, but no. I went outside that supposedly was cold, but I couldn't feel the weather. I kept there half hour until lower my temperature.

During the days I'm feeling ok, but the last couple of nights I woke up always drenched in sweat, all my pajamas are gone by now.

I hate sweating, ugh!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Oh Vats you poor sweetheart, I hope you feel better soon!!!!
    Vats wrote: »
    Talking of frustration, I'm sick AGAIN! Third time this year. Started on Friday with a sore throat and got really awful at dawn on Saturday to Sunday with a huge fever that doesn't go away.

I woke up dizzy and feeling my body on flames, I thought I was going to throw up, but no. I went outside that supposedly was cold, but I couldn't feel the weather. I kept there half hour until lower my temperature.

During the days I'm feeling ok, but the last couple of nights I woke up always drenched in sweat, all my pajamas are gone by now.

I hate sweating, ugh!
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon, Vats! Oh, and I always say, we don't sweat, we just shine lol so don't worry!
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Well, I just spent the last hour and a half online for Comicon for Baba and His Squeeze. :) I think it was easier to get tickets for the Mass when the Pope was here.

Anyway, More "Great Mom" points in the Baba.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Linda oh what a big change in hairstyle! It's good it turned out well, some people I know did regrettable hair changes, especially cutting it short wrongly then having to go back and cut shorter... and shorter...

Koko lol mine too, definitely not straight as ruler but when I go to salons to get my hair styled, I could go back in 2 hours to get my money back :rolleyes:. You ever find a solution, don't forget me.

isabeau thanks dolllllllll :rolleyes:

Amy sooo fun to read your Rome stories! My family would murder me if I went overseas with just guys. But it just sounds so fun the way you described, and sorry about the situation in your country, oh and your lip :(

Vatsy awww poor you, and your pajamas. Hope you feel better. You should see the doctor, or me :rolleyes: And first time I heard someone lowering their body temperature by standing outside in the cold for half an hour haha! A cold shower would do!
    PM to add
  • Options
    So anyway, no throwback, fine.

My mum had pre-booked me to go with her for a massage, the full bod kind. My second time, I'd like to say it's my virgin experience since the first one was just plain horrible I ended it abruptly. I don't yearn for this kind of stuffs, not sure why, I'm sure most girls do. I do foot massages when I'm overseas because it relieves the aches from walking. I also do the regular massage chair routine at home. But it just ends there. It was a mini spa resort with different facilities. 6 hours there, then an Italian cuisine dinner. I forgot about my games the entire day! Oh I was pretty shy removing my bathrobe lol :o But my masseur did great covering my ahem all the time lol. Before this gets sexual... that 1 hour was really really relaxing, sometimes a little painful but refreshing still. I want to go back again! I recommend you guys to go there (if you ever come to my country).

P.S Next time I still want my throwback though.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    So anyway, no throwback, fine.

My mum had pre-booked me to go with her for a massage, the full bod kind. My second time, I'd like to say it's my virgin experience since the first one was just plain horrible I ended it abruptly. I don't yearn for this kind of stuffs, not sure why, I'm sure most girls do. I do foot massages when I'm overseas because it relieves the aches from walking. I also do the regular massage chair routine at home. But it just ends there. It was a mini spa resort with different facilities. 6 hours there, then an Italian cuisine dinner. I forgot about my games the entire day! Oh I was pretty shy removing my bathrobe lol :o But my masseur did great covering my ahem all the time lol. Before this gets sexual... that 1 hour was really really relaxing, sometimes a little painful but refreshing still. I want to go back again! I recommend you guys to go there (if you ever come to my country).

P.S Next time I still want my throwback though.

This is *so* nice!

SCSD: Back wall, right-hand side: Photo of Nai
  • Options
    Thanks Sugar, Amy and Nai!

Amy I doubt that you would want to hug me while I'm shinning!

Koko your the best, my mother sometimes can't access google lol

Nai, maybe that was a blonde moment as Koko always says! Noooooooo I won't see a doctor, I'm a terrible patient... I prefer to see you unless you're a doctor too, once you said that your work at home a doctor can do that!

Oh no I have too many doctor friends! I can't complain about anything without receive a dozen of prescriptions from them... even from the gynecologist ones lol

I want a massage too!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Oh, Vats feel better soon love!

Nai, I want that. No, I need that.
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    isabeau lol I had to go search around to see what you're referring to! :rolleyes:

Vatsy Come! I'm a doctor without license lol! I hate to go to a doctor too, understand you well. Omg but free prescription from your doctor friends :rolleyes: Go for a massage! Feels so good, but now my body feels like bruises everywhere lol.

Sassy you should! I heard of good spa resorts in Greece, do you try when you often go there?
    PM to add