Options

Weekend Event 5/22/2015 -Memorial Day - Optimistic Anticipation and Taptation?

Comments

• Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i'm happy to have more story missions. the past 2 week or so when i finish the weekend story line i've had new story gig type missions pop up through out the week.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    That is a good question since the helicopter is basically useless if you already have another car..

Because the Helicopter looks so great parked at the corner in your game when you're up and down the avenues. And it makes it easier to tap tapables positioned behind the vehicles - Tribecca, for example.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    i'm happy to have more story missions. the past 2 week or so when i finish the weekend story line i've had new story gig type missions pop up through out the week.

I'm happy to read this, you've been a little unsatisfied lately and I think nobody wants to lose your company here!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    I'm happy to read this, you've been a little unsatisfied lately and I think nobody wants to lose your company here!
    Seconded - glad you're getting some gigs Alkoholiks! :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Yea I realized that too. I didn't feel like there was anything wrong with the event and I felt like their was a fair opportunity of getting all the clothes if you worked hard enough.

There is a specific, stickied venting topic now though, so that might have helped people release some steam.

I liked the event, just pointing out another possible reason. I know some don't like the shopping events because they can't really buy that many stars.

I think a venting topic is a great addition because that is what smart companies want - feedback of all types. The alternative is customers who just walk away.
  • Options
    Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    I'm going to lose too I think. I accidentally clicked I wanted to learn Italian instead of French. When Simon called he said Hiro said to him c'est la vie, which is French. It was supposed to be a hint on which cuisine to pick to learn but I was a little slow and thought oh I like Italian I'll click that one. I realized too late. So maybe that's why you lost fans? Which cuisine did u pick?

Wow, Love the show, and now I'm sitting and playing with the puppies.

Can someone explain how in the cookoff, you do 5 stars, and when it's over your lost and your lose fans? I got a KStar for that gig but lost fans? Willow stood there perspiring over the food, didn't lift a finger, and I lost? Hmmmmmmm. Now shes spreading rumors and Khloe signed me up to take her down? Do I finally get to wallop Willow all the way into next Tuesday? Oh please say it's so. I want to do battle with her and feed her to the fishes. I want .......oh who am I kidding? We're never going to be rid of her.

Anyone already do this one?
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Because the Helicopter looks so great parked at the corner in your game when you're up and down the avenues. And it makes it easier to tap tapables positioned behind the vehicles - Tribecca, for example.

I can tap the "tapables" in a car, u just have to know the right place to tap or have a light colored vehicle u can see through.

If you don't have a plane, but have a helicopter do you still have to pay to fly? If so 320 K Stars for the helicopter is completely ridiculous (imo).
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I can tap the "tapables" in a car, u just have to know the right place to tap or have a light colored vehicle u can see through.

If you don't have a plane, but have a helicopter do you still have to pay to fly? If so 320 K Stars for the helicopter is completely ridiculous (imo).

I was trying to justify the expense of the helicopter. Believe me, I knew where to tap when I was driving my Rover, but people have started threads, said buying the car 'removed' tap spots, so, the first rule of indulgence....justify, justify, justify. lol.

Helicopters are only used for small flights, not trying to debate military vehicle capabilities here. Talking about most helicopters and the one in the game. So, anything that must be accessed by air - must be accessed via the private jet, or commercial flight.

Good thing for me I didn't mind being ridiculous this weekend. Otherwise my Game wouldn't have gotten the outfit. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Seconded - glad you're getting some gigs Alkoholiks! :)

thanks Vats & Lucy! i appreciate the kind words! :)
  • Options

Good thing for me I didn't mind being ridiculous this weekend. Otherwise my Game wouldn't have gotten the outfit. ;)

I wasn't calling you or anyone who has purchased the helicopter ridiculous.

The mere fact that it's 320 Stars, players still have to pay to fly after buying it and it costs more than the plane is ridiculous to me.

Andriod player
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    nobody thinks it's weird that an event ends on a Monday? For that reason I think that tomorrow is the update.
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    The event may just be following the three-day weekend we have in the United States <it's Memorial Day, honoring Veterans and fallen troops>...

Hopefully there's something coming on Tuesday, anyway. But isn't the theory that they'll match up the next release with the game's anniversary? That's not Tuesday, right?
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    I'm curious: when is the actual anniversary of the game? People have said a few different dates...

• Options
    Honestly I do not think they launch the update on the anniversary of the game. The Anniversary of the game is next Sunday at least I think they will hold a special weekend event.
  • Options
    In that case maybe on Wednesday or Thursday for sure.
  • Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I'm curious: when is the actual anniversary of the game? People have said a few different dates...

The actual date is June 24th

Andriod player
  • Options
    So I finally went to look at the app's update history, and it says version 0.9.0 was released on May 30. How strange to kick something off with a version called 0.9.0! But then the update to version 1.0.0 was on June 20. Now I really don't understand how the anniversary date would be chosen. I'll be curious to see what happens.

This pre-baby teaser has been soooo long that people's expectations may have grown too large.

Edit: DMV, where does the June 24th date come from?

• Options
    I was using my IG date (long boring story I won't get into)
    but here's Kim tweet from the next day (25th), but maybe it launched before.

Maybe it will be a month long extravaganza with all new things for the month of June.

kkh%20launch_zpsv8odhhj8.jpg

Edit :

Also, this is from Glu's YouTube page published on the 23rd.

2015-05-25%2009.18.07_zpsnokm9ehr.png

Andriod player
  • Options

fergie_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

Happy Memorial Day everyone. Who's checking out any parades? Hungry?

Catering_Photo_Buffet_Table_op_800x600.jpg

Bars open. What? It's a holiday.

BaRWB.jpg

All right, well, I'm thirsty. Don't judge.

pitcher-of-green-drink-for-st-patricks-day-by-buffcorephil.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Oh, and the date? I was in the 'other' forum, and they said the game was out, I waited for about a week, they were still talking about it, I started playing on June 30th, and it had only been out for a week. So..... plus instagram doesn't lie.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ..... plus instagram doesn't lie.

What do you mean? Please elaborate...

Andriod player
  • Options
    The actual date is June 24th

But the game was released on 31th may.
  • Options
    I think are different dates for iOS and android. Apparently the game was released on iOS first.
  • Options
    What do you mean? Please elaborate...

Excuse me. The twitter release you posted 3 hours ago. I said instagram, (though it probably was put out there as well)

I don't get why we're arguing over when it was released. What's the point? Regardless of when the release date was, there are obviously different dates. Official Announcements. Contracts signed. Ios release, android release. .....Glu's going to pop out whatever they're popping out in celebration when they decide to. My birthday is June 1st. I've had celebrations 2 weeks either way. Still my birthday.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I think the only reason I asked about it is because I'm so eager for a big update. I was trying to get a better sense of when a celebration might occur. I've heard May 31st, June 24th, so I don't even know which month to start being giddy! Different people are equally convinced about the two different months.

I just want to get all excited! Update, update!!

Anniversary Update, Anniversary Update!
    image.jpg1_zpsz6m8atms.jpg

• Options
    it definitely came out in may for ios. i remember because i was laid up & had surgery on the 23rd. it was around then because all my twitter friends were playing. but yeah different platforms, different dates
  • Options
    Oh Luz, it's not just you., it's all over the place. Anniversary update fever. I'm too easy going about that when it comes, it comes.

DMV_Doll, that's fine. Everytime someone calls the helicopter ridiculous, I have to defend it. THe game is all about Glamor, acquisitions and wealth. The game even says you should spend, the helicopter puts a big pile of excess into my achievements. Big Spender for one. Anyway. I purchased the jet, and needed a vehicle, and my son wanted me to buy the helicopter, and when your kid wants to see your helicopter, you do it. THen, I tried pink and low and behold, Koko gots a purple looking helicopter waiting for her at the corner. Tell me what looks hotter:
    TruckKoko_zpsfhus26lo.jpg
    HelicopterKoko_zps4inziit3.jpg

I don't think you're calling me ridiculous, but let's put it in perspective, in a game all about excess and the trappings of success, I shamelessly buy stars and spend them. I will say this, my phone, the little 5" inch screen doesn't fill up the game as the others. My ios is over 10", as is my Android tab. So, when you're looking at good size screens, it's pleasant to look at. If any other car looked purple when it's in pink, maybe..........eh, who am I kidding. ....... I like nice things and I can not lie. I see others with things and I just have to buy. Start the music and sing along, but make up your own words like I just did.

Plus.....it looks like there's bird **** on the truck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    According to the App Store for iOS the first version came out may 31st. Im sure android has a different date, I have no android devices so I can't look. It's silly to argue because they will release it when they want and feel it's ready anyways.

P.S. Koko the helicopter looks fabulous, way hotter then the car. I might have to go buy some gift cards to get it ;)
  • Options
    I can't speak for others, but Im not arguing... I was just answering a question I was asked about where did I get that date from. I wasn't sure where your instagram comment came into play so I asked instead of assuming something.

The different "release" "announcement" dates make sense bcuz iOS and Android have always gotten updates on different days so I don't think the release would be any different. According to Glu's website the release date is Oct. 2014 so who knows. ┐(´д`)┌

Personally I think the baby update will come out this week. I also think it would come out this week if it was the anniversary or not. Its just time for the next update. The idea of having it coincide with the anniversary was created here in forum. All in fun.

Either way everyone who celebrates Memorial Day enjoy. Honor our fallen soldiers who all gave some...but Some gave all.

IMG_20150525_125443_zpsk4pnoabu.jpg

Andriod player
  • Options
    It's obvious I hit a hot button with the helicopter and my attempts to say I'm not knocking anyone who has purchased it has failed too.

I'm entitled to my opinion and I think Glu is ridiculous for making it the most expensive item in the game. The game is also geared to follow Kim's real life and in real life a helicopter does not cost more than a private plane. If it were less I would have it too.

To each their own.

Andriod player