Options

Weekend Event 5/22/2015 -Memorial Day - Optimistic Anticipation and Taptation?

1234568Next

Comments

• Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    It sounds like we all agree that it's attractive but pricey.

I was disappointed to realize that we couldn't see inside either the helicopter, or the speedboat moored on the Hampton's beach. I'd want a pile of fantastic clothes for all those Kstars. Just couldn't do it. I just drool over Koko's pics.

I also wish either one could've been some kind of mini game... More mini games, please!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Hello everyone!!!

Words fail to capture the debt and gratitude owed. What we can say is thank you- with the understanding that every breath of free air is a gift from the fallen!

Happy Memorial Day weekend!
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Yes more mini games!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    I was really just saying that I liked the way the helicopter looked in kokos pictures especially in the pink/purplish color, actually buying it is whole other thing. You are right that it is very expensive. I was just joking about buying it with gift cards because I had mentioned my husband getting mad about me spending money on a game and Koko said to buy gift cards (which by the way I think it's a good idea lol)

Luz, that is such a. Good idea for the prices of the plane, helicopter and speedboat there should be a mini game! And we definitely should be able to at least stand inside them! (I know you can on the plane since that's all I have) but it sounds like you can't get on the boat?

P.s. I'm glad they didn't make the private plane the most expensive because like you said that would be more in real life. I love flying around for free! I would have no money if I didn't have that plane!
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    which was available first? the plane or the chopper. if the chopper came first maybe that is why it is more expensive
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    DMV_Doll I really like that Memorial Day picture. Koko I never notice these details until you guys point them out what with wet patches and mismatched boots and now bird **** then I look again and I'm like huhh.. then it's cannot unsee :D
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Wow they just posted another teaser for the baby update! They said it will be available "very soon" so I think it's safe to say the update will come sometime this week
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    It's obvious I hit a hot button with the helicopter and my attempts to say I'm not knocking anyone who has purchased it has failed too.

I'm entitled to my opinion and I think Glu is ridiculous for making it the most expensive item in the game. The game is also geared to follow Kim's real life and in real life a helicopter does not cost more than a private plane. If it were less I would have it too.

To each their own.

DMV_Doll, I wish I'd been home sooner to read this, no buttons. I am by nature a big mouth. I was playin with the whole situation. I didn't feel picked on or singled out, and I hope you didn't. Mock the vulva shirt I am so enthralled by, the see through dresses I put my dolls in, it doesn't bother me. (not saying you did, just pointing out it makes me laugh, and now, the copter will too. Oh, I later found out, my darling son wasn't trying to tell me to buy it, he was making a joke - sweets for the sweet? As in Helicopter for the Helicopter Mom? Had I known that at the time, well....let's just say it never occurred to me. lol. )

I use any excuse to plop in some some youtube, and I'm open with my faults. One of which is saying no to myself. lol. I honestly couldn't think of any way to get up to that outfit kstar spending wise, without buying the helicopter for Apple P. Why? because no self control. The new house is available, I buy it, buy the pet. Other people posted buying 8 pets....I couldn't. I bought them already.

Please know I was tongue in cheek, not hands in fist. And, I also wanted to defend the choices of anyone else who bought the helicopter. There was a time I thought anyone spending a dime in this game needed their head examined. Now, I'm not so quick to judge.

Different subject: Anyone have experience with Tony Roma Ribs? They come in a sealed package, pre-cooked and sauced. You can do them in the microwave, oven or Grill. Puterhead wants them on the grill I'm thinkin oven will give it a less charred taste. I welcome any opinions. The menu is : burgers, Nathans (there is no other hotdog), and the Ribs. THen corn potato salad, coleslaw, and stuffed cherry peppers.

So, girll the ribs, or bake them?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    which was available first? the plane or the chopper. if the chopper came first maybe that is why it is more expensive

Helicopter first. Then the plane was available in the Sept update I think? When Sidney was added? Or was it London? But the Helicopter was definitely first. Plus....in the black friday sale, were vehicles and things on sale as well? That would have been a great time to buy everything.

DMV Doll (and everyone) Please accept my apology if I came off wrong. I didn't mean anything, as I know you didn't. This is all fun. I know you weren't calling me ridiculous, but let's be honest The "WHOLE GAME" is ridiculous. Yet, it's amazing It's the electronic version of playing with Barbies, except Mom's not yelling to hang up all the doll clothes, and we're not losing shoes.

And, if Glu didn't make ridiculous items so darn appealing, people like me wouldn't buy stars to pump into the game, and the game wouldn't be updating as often as it does. Kids. Now THOSE are going to be ridiculously expensive for the rest of your game.

Now I want to go find a graphic to share with everyone.

tumblr_mukffffNa81suyqwko1_500.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Helicopter first. Then the plane was available in the Sept update I think? When Sidney was added? Or was it London? But the Helicopter was definitely first. Plus....in the black friday sale, were vehicles and things on sale as well? That would have been a great time to buy everything.
    Idk about vehicles but I know that the pets were.
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Time's up? I had never seen this before image_zpstnloeojk.jpg
  • Options
    AshliejbAshliejb Registered Users 110 Posts
    I saw the times up on the last two weekend gigs. I don't know if it did before then I didn't pay any attention to it. But I know I've seen it last week
  • Options
    All 3 games still have that up. So either it's a mistake, or........they're going to be changing the announcement behind the bullhorn soon? Aww, darmmit. You guys got me all caught up in the Anniversary Update Fever Frenzy. I was actually pouring over old threads on the purse place, trying to see exactly when the first Doll rolled out. Didn't find that but I did see a lot of gorgeous pics of Kim and North. lol.

Morning guys.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts

Plus.....it looks like there's bird **** on the truck.

Oh my gosh!! I thought I was the only one who thought that!! Hahaha!

On another topic, I have done 2 gigs this morning and am still getting K-stars. Did I just get lucky or are other people getting them too?

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Different subject: Anyone have experience with Tony Roma Ribs? They come in a sealed package, pre-cooked and sauced. You can do them in the microwave, oven or Grill. Puterhead wants them on the grill I'm thinkin oven will give it a less charred taste. I welcome any opinions. The menu is : burgers, Nathans (there is no other hotdog), and the Ribs. THen corn potato salad, coleslaw, and stuffed cherry peppers.

So, girll the ribs, or bake them?

I am sure that you have already made them, but we have only grilled them. I am sure they are tasty no matter which way you choose though! (However, now that you mention them...I think I may need to pick some up from the store for dinner this week. ;) )

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I totally got a k-star today girls!

I'll try my luck again!

Edit: Confirmed! They are still giving k-stars did a gig and I won and then did another gig to make sure I wasn't in a day of extreme luck lol

I think it's to make up for that Friday we had trouble receiving the k-stars!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    yup im still getting k-stars too.. It's probably just a glitch but it's a good one so that's fine by me..
  • Options
    I wish I would have known, I was seriously doing some double work until the last 3min trying to get as many K stars as possible. I ended up getting about 40-45k stars this weekend. Not bad... But then again I was having buyers remorse after I spent ALL my k stars lol.
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    Minne623 wrote: »
    I wish I would have known, I was seriously doing some double work until the last 3min trying to get as many K stars as possible. I ended up getting about 40-45k stars this weekend. Not bad... But then again I was having buyers remorse after I spent ALL my k stars lol.

I only spent 50 K-Stars this weekend to get the exclusive shoes because I'm trying to save up for this baby update!
  • Options
    SabinaCSabinaC Registered Users 200 Posts
    This outfit was worth the Kstars, I just wish the boots were separate..
  • Options
    I had holiday splurge, plus pre-birthday shopping withdrawl. I purposely don't do a lot of shopping around my birthday, so I transferred it to the game. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    AkTvOiRh.jpg

Anyone got this? Worth?
    PM to add
  • Options
    Nope haven't gotten that... Haven't they had that dress before though?
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    I got it on one Android, bought it, and then a short while later it popped up for the other android. That dress is exclusive, and the energy and Stars made me buy it for each game. I would do it, but that's me. That's a lot of stars, Just saying. I would.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I didn't see that offer but I didn't play tonight. I played earlier today. I already have that dress, though.

I bought something the last time an energy and K star package was on offer for $19.99 I didn't really think it worth it because the energy bolts were not permanent. It just helped me get through more jobs but since I can do jobs any time just by letting things restore over some hours rest, in the end it was not really worth it, to ME.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I got it in the end after a long debate with my mental self. I already spent a lot on my other games this month so I was hesitating. But hey its few more days to a new month I could just push forward my expenditure :p

Plus, I needed to refill my Kstars after spending ALL 500 of them for this event leaving me with 0 Kstars.

I thought it was a pretty good deal, the 460 stars usually cost $50+ so I'm getting a good 20% discount and on top of that, an additional exclusive dress. But now my Watch vids for Kstars button disappeared. Nooooooooooooooooo...
    PM to add